March 28, 2024, 09:21:45 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs India Game (21-Aug-11).  (Read 40252 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T vs India Game (21-Aug-11).
« on: August 09, 2011, 04:30:09 AM »
Greetings.

As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the friendly game vs India (August-21) at the Hasley Crawford Stadium (5pm) will be posted here, this way, we can help maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

Live Links.
105 FM and 91.1FM

Possible TV Viewing.
To be updated.

T&T Squad:

Goalkeepers
Marvin Phillip (Joe Public), Akini Adams (T&TEC).

Defenders
Noel Williams (Police FC), Keston Williams (Defence Force), Kern Cupid (W Connection), Carlyle Mitchell (Joe Public), Akeem Adams (T&TEC), Seon Power (North East Stars).

Midfielders
Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Micah Lewis (Caledonia AIA), Anthony Wolfe (North East Stars), Hayden Tinto (Joe Public), Andrei Pacheco (T&TEC), Akeil Guevera (North East Stars), Akim Armstrong (Caledonia AIA), Hughtun Hector (Caledonia AIA).

Forwards
Stern John (North East Stars), Andre Toussaint (Joe Public), Juma Clarence (Caledonia AIA), Darryl Roberts (Free Agent).

India Squad:

Goalkeepers:
Subrata Pal (Pune FC), Karanjit Singh (Salgaocar SC), Laxmikant Kattimani (Dempo SC).

Defenders:
Valeriano Rebello (Dempo SC), Raju Gaikwad (Indian Arrows), Gourmangi Singh (Churchill Brothers SC), Mahesh Gawli (Dempo SC), Rowilson Rodrigues (Churchill Brothers SC), Debabrata Roy (Dempo SC), Robert Lalthalmuana (Churchill Brothers SC), Samir Naik (Dempo SC).

Midfielfders:
Climax Lawrence (Dempo SC), Steven Dias (Churchill Brothers SC), Peter Carvalho (Dempo SC), Clifford Miranda (Dempo SC), Lalrindika Ralte (Indian Arrows), Rocus Lamare (Salgaocar SC), Mehtab Hosain (Kingfisher East Bengal FC), Syed Nabi (Mohun Bagan AC).

Forwards:
Sunil Chhetri (Mohun Bagan AC), Jeje Lalpeklua (Pune FC), Sushil Singh (Kingfisher East Bengal FC), C.S. Sabeeth (Viva Kerala FC).

More updates to follow so keep checking back.

RELATED NEWS

Indian soccer players to leave for Caribbean
India Blooms News Service

New Delhi, Aug 8 (IBNS): The Indian football team is expected to leave for the Caribbean on Aug 12, 2011 to play three International Friendlies with Barbados (Aug 17), Trinidad & Tobago (Aug 21) and Guyana (Aug 24).

The All India Football Federation Emergency Committee presided by President Praful Patel held a meeting to discuss on release of the players by the clubs.

After the meeting AIFF said that the players will return back on Aug 26, 2011 which leaves them nearly three weeks to join the pre-season Camp before the Federation Cup commencing on Sep 17, 2011.

The International Friendlies with Guyana and Trinidad & Tobago have already been posted on the FIFA website while the other match with Barbados is expected to appear on the FIFA website soon.

The Head Coach of the National Team Armando Colaco said: “It is imperative that such exposure trips are made in the interest of developing Indian Football and the Clubs should cooperate.”

The Indian U-23 team is also going for an exposure trip to UK where they will play an International Friendly with Pakistan and Friendlies with England U-23 and Scotland U-21 teams.

It was further decided to rename the Indian Arrows as Pailan Arrows and to formally appoint Sukhwinder Singh as the Technical Director of the team.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 05:28:11 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs India Game (21-Aug-11).
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 06:34:46 AM »
I had to read it twice to make sure it was not in Indian cricket team coming on a Caribbean tour.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 07:46:22 AM »
I had to read it twice to make sure it was not in Indian cricket team coming on a Caribbean tour.

U and FLi  :rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 08:05:49 AM »
Wow I thought the TTFF denied rumors that we were playing India......When was this decided/confirmed. Lord I wasn't off the site that long !!!!!

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 08:11:13 AM »
if we cyah easily beat them then we in a bad way.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 08:35:35 AM »
if we cyah easily beat them then we in a bad way.

Just from watching the highlights from games leading up to the WC last year...them Indians doh play too bad nah.  I ent know how they looking these days, but with the kinda preparation our team had recently...it ent go be no walk-in-the-park game for us.  Just remember Grenada beating we these days eh...gosh it hurting mih just to mention that too. >:(
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 09:08:31 AM »
I'm taking bets on how long till this gets cancelled.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 09:28:08 AM »
wtf
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 09:35:35 AM »
I hope Mr. Pfister prepare these guys well for the game. Or else he may have to walk the plank.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 10:13:14 AM »
I feal sey India can beat TNT .. I mean come on guys.. We cya f**king beat grenada, belize  cuba .. India play wid the Big boys like Japan , south korea and dem team dey.. I feal if India get there top players trinidad good for about 3..

war
good luck warriors..

One note flex I honestly believe you should stoop putting up Thread for TNT games until actuall game day...
Black Lives Matter..

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 10:14:35 AM »
Ah have two frizzle fowl ah could trade for ticket. Yuh think it go cost more than that to go to the game  ???
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 10:28:19 AM »
india in action at the 2011 asian cup. best gauge how they compare may be vs. bahrain.

vs. australia
http://youtu.be/j6Rqshko50Q

vs. bahrain
http://youtu.be/lbQHd4WAVoA

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 10:39:55 AM »
One note flex I honestly believe you should stoop putting up Thread for TNT games until actuall game day...

:rotfl:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 10:43:23 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 06:56:34 PM »
Indian team updated.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline jonny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2011, 02:03:32 AM »
They are playing on August 24 , not 21..

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 09:58:58 AM »
They are playing on August 24 , not 21..

Tell the TTFF that!

Their website still says that India game is on 21st August!  8)

http://www.ttffonline.com/home/
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs India Game (24-Aug-11).
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 10:13:31 AM »
Isnt the game the 21st??

TTFF media release had it set for the 21st

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 10:31:55 AM »
There are quite a number of Portuguese name in their squad. Are these Indian born players or foreign born? Too busy to research.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 10:39:08 AM »
There are quite a number of Portuguese name in their squad. Are these Indian born players or foreign born? Too busy to research.
They are probably from Goa
Live large and prosper!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 11:31:43 AM »
Isnt the game the 21st??

The original travel plans didn't work out. The dates changed.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2011, 12:15:12 PM »
Isnt the game the 21st??

The original travel plans didn't work out. The dates changed.

Actually that betta 4 me could not make d 21st. Venue decided ?????
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, 12:20:01 PM »
I hope Mr. Pfister prepare these guys well for the game. Or else he may have to walk the plank.

I tort he had them running in sand... dey should be fit by now.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2011, 12:29:41 PM »

In addition to the Portuguese influence.

Asians have been living in India for well over a thousand years. So don't be surprised if you see some Asian looking people or Indians with slightly oriental features.

You know how many times I get tie up meeting Asian people from India. Is kinda surreal watching Chinese looking people singing Indian songs  :)

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2011, 12:38:24 PM »
a man name climax on de india side?

Climax coming Trinidad!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2011, 12:42:25 PM »

Asians have been living in India for well over a thousand years. So don't be surprised if you see some Asian looking people or Indians with slightly oriental features.

You know how many times I get tie up meeting Asian people from India. Is kinda surreal watching Chinese looking people singing Indian songs  :)

VB

Add Africans and Whites to that. I was surprised that there were not some of them on that side.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2011, 05:58:32 PM »
Toussaint: India won't be pushovers
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Local forward Andre Toussaint says the current Trinidad and Tobago Senior team will be aiming to produce a tidy as possible performance in Sunday's friendly international against India at the Hasely Crawford Stadium from 5pm.

Toussaint is one of the senior members in Otto Pfister's squad which has been in training for the past few weeks. Toussaint was a member of the last national team to participate in a Concacaf Gold Cup back in 2007 and was part of the team during the 2010 World Cup Qualifiers. One of his highlighted moments included a neat combination with Dwight Yorke in the build up to Keon Daniel's brilliant strike in 1-1 draw with Guatemala at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

"At this present time we are working on to get things right for the game against India. We haven't played a game since the coach arrived here so it's an occasion everyone is looking forward to," Toussaint told TTFF Media on Monday.

" We have to be careful also because we haven't played before with this current team so we may not be at our sharpest in terms of the chemistry but we will definitely be aiming to put on the best performance possible. And India may be better and more popular in cricket but I'm sure they will be worked up for the match and will be capable of doing well.

"The coach has been paying close attention to the local players because he wants to bring us up to a certain level," added the former US-based Charleston Battery and W Connection striker.

"I am not certain of being in the team and I know I have to work hard and prove myself because the striking department is a tough one. We have some good players in that position so I can only do my part by working hard and let the coach do his job with the final selection."

Toussaint is contracted to Joe Public but will not run out for them in the upcoming TT Pro League season following the club's drop out last week.

"It's a bit of a blow but I will be looking to see what is the best possible option for me leading up to the start of the league," he added.

Pfister conducted a 90 minute session at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium on Monday morning and welcomed back ex-Holland based striker Darryl Roberts in the squad after the player had been on trial in the USA with Portland Timbers.

The Indian team will arrive in Port of Spain on Wednesday evening. Pfister's next session will be on Thursday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium and the team will go into camp at the Crowne Plaza on the same day.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2011, 07:39:26 PM »

VB

The Chinese looking Indians have a lot to do with the Brits drawing the border of what is modern day India.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2011, 07:43:23 PM »
I don't think and I hope they will not take India lightly.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2011, 08:02:45 PM »
Toussaint: India won't be pushovers
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Local forward Andre Toussaint says the current Trinidad and Tobago Senior team will be aiming to produce a tidy as possible performance in Sunday's friendly international against India at the Hasely Crawford Stadium from 5pm.

Toussaint is one of the senior members in Otto Pfister's squad which has been in training for the past few weeks. Toussaint was a member of the last national team to participate in a Concacaf Gold Cup back in 2007 and was part of the team during the 2010 World Cup Qualifiers. One of his highlighted moments included a neat combination with Dwight Yorke in the build up to Keon Daniel's brilliant strike in 1-1 draw with Guatemala at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

"At this present time we are working on to get things right for the game against India. We haven't played a game since the coach arrived here so it's an occasion everyone is looking forward to," Toussaint told TTFF Media on Monday.

" We have to be careful also because we haven't played before with this current team so we may not be at our sharpest in terms of the chemistry but we will definitely be aiming to put on the best performance possible. And India may be better and more popular in cricket but I'm sure they will be worked up for the match and will be capable of doing well.

"The coach has been paying close attention to the local players because he wants to bring us up to a certain level," added the former US-based Charleston Battery and W Connection striker.

"I am not certain of being in the team and I know I have to work hard and prove myself because the striking department is a tough one. We have some good players in that position so I can only do my part by working hard and let the coach do his job with the final selection."

Toussaint is contracted to Joe Public but will not run out for them in the upcoming TT Pro League season following the club's drop out last week.

"It's a bit of a blow but I will be looking to see what is the best possible option for me leading up to the start of the league," he added.

Pfister conducted a 90 minute session at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium on Monday morning and welcomed back ex-Holland based striker Darryl Roberts in the squad after the player had been on trial in the USA with Portland Timbers.

The Indian team will arrive in Port of Spain on Wednesday evening. Pfister's next session will be on Thursday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium and the team will go into camp at the Crowne Plaza on the same day.

According to above article the game is this Sunday which will make it the 21st August!

Doh tell me that our federation is so backward that they can't even make the date of a game clear even when it’s less than a week away?!  ::)

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2011, 09:32:15 PM »
I don't think and I hope they will not take India lightly.

well deeks nuff man on this forum think this game is a big Joke.. I mean sum guys are so cocky in here they laughing at India.. TNT have not win an international game in a long long time or played one in a long long time.. I think any team we palying we should take dem seriously any team..

war
Black Lives Matter..

1]; } ?>