March 28, 2024, 04:48:54 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs India Game (21-Aug-11).  (Read 40249 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs India Game (24-Aug-11).
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2011, 06:06:53 AM »
Well according to the FIFA ranking as at 27th July, India is ranked 153 and their average ranking since FIFA started the process is 128.

T&T is ranked 88th; avg ranking 62. 

Somebody tell me again what is the purpose of playing India going into a WCQ campaign??  As bad as things are right now with our football if we doh give dem at least 4 goals, we should forget Brazil.......

......and I too eh taking this game seriously....

p.s. ah man text een on RED 96.7 fm this morning and ask if Sachin Tendulkar is the goalie..... :rotfl: :rotfl:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2011, 08:05:18 AM »
Could some confirm when is the game? Sunday or Wednesday?  :-\

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2011, 11:39:41 AM »
Africans have lived in the state of Gugrat for a thousand years,they first came as traders but many were recruited as soldiers for local kings who were aware of their strength and fighting abilities.Thousands remained and intermarried,some gained very high positions in different fields,today they are mainly Douglas but still have some of their African culture.I googled Africans in Gugrat and was quite surprised.I suppose Indians in TT are not in any way different to those Africans for retaining some of their culture.Pakistan also has a state that is populated by Africans but many now look like Douglas.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2011, 03:05:15 PM »
Could some confirm when is the game? Sunday or Wednesday?  :-\

Call Camps or Fuentes or big mouth.  Cuz I saw an ad in the Express today saying the Sunday 21st is the game.... :-\
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2011, 03:21:31 PM »
 :cursing:

TTFF....

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2011, 03:31:06 PM »
Africans have lived in the state of Gugrat for a thousand years,they first came as traders but many were recruited as soldiers for local kings who were aware of their strength and fighting abilities.Thousands remained and intermarried,some gained very high positions in different fields,today they are mainly Douglas but still have some of their African culture.I googled Africans in Gugrat and was quite surprised.I suppose Indians in TT are not in any way different to those Africans for retaining some of their culture.Pakistan also has a state that is populated by Africans but many now look like Douglas.

Wrong thread my friend! This is the game day thread!

Try the Social Studies thread here: http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=54022.msg759439#new
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs India Game (21-Aug-11).
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2011, 09:20:51 AM »
Any Predictions fuh de game?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2011, 09:29:40 AM »

thunder showers with a chance gusty winds an................ or yuh mean d score.................um.................ok
I pity the fool....

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2011, 02:25:39 PM »
any radio or video coverage of the game? ???

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bim vs India
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2011, 05:50:13 PM »
Match postponed,reason...extreme pressure on the Indian team caused by the riots.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bim vs India
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2011, 05:55:08 PM »
Sorry for being thick, but what riots?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2011, 06:08:44 PM »
Que?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2011, 06:36:09 PM »
The riots in England that finished already??   ??? :-\
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

AirMan

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2011, 10:21:01 PM »
still amaze me this is our first game of the year

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2011, 10:31:42 PM »

Doh talk so soon nah man! Like yuh want to blight the team again or what?!

Next thing we go hear is that the Indian team ketch dengue and match off!!   :-[
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2011, 10:54:43 PM »

Doh talk so soon nah man! Like yuh want to blight the team again or what?!

Next thing we go hear is that the Indian team ketch dengue and match off!!   :-[
Well they already cancelled their match with Barbados

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2011, 11:02:32 PM »
Match postponed,reason...extreme pressure on the Indian team caused by the riots.

old news. They traveled through London on the 13th instead of the 12th as they originally planned. So there was some question about our game being moved from the 21st to the 24th.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2011, 05:02:25 AM »
Upset India call off tie against Barbados.
By Mihir Vasavda.
Daily News & Analysis.

India’s Caribbean curse continued as the national football team’s first match of the tour — scheduled on Wednesday against Barbados — was called off less than 24 hours before the kick-off in Kensington.

The decision was taken after some shoddy treatment was dished out by the organisers to the Indian team that landed in Barbados on Sunday. Though the players, team management and the All India Football Federation (AIFF) were keen to go ahead with the match, coach Armando Colaco remained firm and insisted that the match be cancelled.

“The players were tired and jet-lagged after travelling for more than 24 hours. After reaching Barbados, there was no bus sent to receive the team. There was no one from the host federation to welcome the team. They had to find their hotel by themselves. Then, at the hotel — which was pretty sub-standard — the food arrangements were poor. The players later moved to a better hotel,” a source said.

Apart from the hardships the team faced, they didn’t even get to train properly for Wednesday’s tie. Only one practice session was possible instead of the two, which were actually planned.

The AIFF said Colaco did not want the players — who were not match fit — to get injured during the tie and hence, insisted on cancelling it. Colaco had sent an e-mail to the AIFF on Tuesday, informing them of his decision.

“Colaco made us understand that there was a chance that the players would get injured if we played the match. We have to trust what he says and with the I-League season coming up, we didn’t want that to happen.I think the Barbados federation should have taken some responsibility,” AIFF general secretary Kushal Das told DNA.

The tour, from the beginning, has been embroiled in controversies. At first, the AIFF had a tough time in convincing the clubs to release their players. Then, the federation said the match would be against Barbados but later issued a statement just before the team’s departure that India will play St Kitts and Nevis. That was because there was no confirmation from the Barbados federation regarding the match until Saturday.

St Kitts and Nevis was kept as a standby option but upon getting the confirmation from Barbados, Plan B was scrapped. The London riots then led to the delay of the team’s departure by a day. And finally, the alleged cold hospitality of the Barbados Football Association completed the circle.

India left for Port of Spain on Wednesday, where they will take on 88-ranked Trinidad and Tobago on August 21. The final match of the tour will be played against Guyana on August 24.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 05:04:13 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2011, 05:42:42 AM »
By Mihir Vasavda.
Daily News & Analysis.

The AIFF said Colaco did not want the players — who were not match fit — to get injured during the tie and hence, insisted on cancelling it. Colaco had sent an e-mail to the AIFF on Tuesday, informing them of his decision.

Wait, wait, wait.  We warming up for WCQ's against a team that is not only ranked lower than us, but is not match fit??!!  WDMA is this??!!  Camps and big mouth and dem serious??!!

Dey kidding me right??!!  Look it too early to raise mih blood pressure yes......ah gone!!  >:( >:(
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2011, 05:58:58 AM »
By Mihir Vasavda.
Daily News & Analysis.

Wait, wait, wait.  We warming up for WCQ's against a team that is not only ranked lower than us, but is not match fit??!!  WDMA is this??!!  Camps and big mouth and dem serious??!!

Dey kidding me right??!!  Look it too early to raise mih blood pressure yes......ah gone!!  >:( >:(

Dais not the true reason...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/top-stories/Indians-cancel-friendly-after-unfriendly-reception/articleshow/9643727.cms

"Meanwhile, Colaco has ruffled feathers within the AIFF after deciding not to play against Barbados. The India coach's decision not to go ahead with the friendly - ostensibly due to ill-treatment at the airport and a 26-hour flight - has alienated him from the AIFF brass, where even his staunchest supporters are now stopping short of aligning with him on the issue. "

By Mihir Vasavda.
Daily News & Analysis.

The decision was taken after some shoddy treatment was dished out by the organisers to the Indian team that landed in Barbados on Sunday. Though the players, team management and the All India Football Federation (AIFF) were keen to go ahead with the match, coach Armando Colaco remained firm and insisted that the match be cancelled.

“The players were tired and jet-lagged after travelling for more than 24 hours. After reaching Barbados, there was no bus sent to receive the team. There was no one from the host federation to welcome the team. They had to find their hotel by themselves. Then, at the hotel — which was pretty sub-standard — the food arrangements were poor. The players later moved to a better hotel,” a source said.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 06:00:40 AM by ProudTrinbagonian »
whey boy!

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2011, 06:05:55 AM »
And you guys think the worst of the TTFF and the Barbados FA is even worst.

This is why FIFA should bring back Lisle Austin.
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2011, 06:06:09 AM »
By Mihir Vasavda.
Daily News & Analysis.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/top-stories/Indians-cancel-friendly-after-unfriendly-reception/articleshow/9643727.cms

"Meanwhile, Colaco has ruffled feathers within the AIFF after deciding not to play against Barbados. The India coach's decision not to go ahead with the friendly - ostensibly due to ill-treatment at the airport and a 26-hour flight - has alienated him from the AIFF brass, where even his staunchest supporters are now stopping short of aligning with him on the issue. "

By Mihir Vasavda.
Daily News & Analysis.

I think things are lost in translation here. Why will you play a gam after a 26 hours flight? I don't think "match fit" but fit to play a match so soon after such a trip.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2011, 06:09:39 AM »
By Mihir Vasavda.
Daily News & Analysis.

By Mihir Vasavda.
Daily News & Analysis.

I think things are lost in translation here. Why will you play a gam after a 26 hours flight? I don't think "match fit" but fit to play a match so soon after such a trip.

I agree, poor scheduling on the organizer's part
but for Barbados to not have anyone greet the team at the airport with no bus or idea where the hotel is... I don't blame India.  Big team or not, that's not the right way to host a friendly...
whey boy!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2011, 07:55:42 AM »
i know it's been a while for the internationals, but is anyone going to update "live" as the game is being played.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2011, 09:22:53 AM »
i know it's been a while for the internationals, but is anyone going to update "live" as the game is being played.

Its been so long we 4got how. I have a church event so I eh go b now where near a PC. So I go read the thread, Touches match report monday but Patriot go update meh via text whenver we take a wicket sorry I mean score a goal.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2011, 11:25:54 AM »

Based on the quality of passing I saw during one of the practice sessions and our lack of friendlies, I expect:

India 2, TT 0

Following this score, I expect someone to start the Fire Pfister thread.  ::)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2011, 11:27:59 AM »

Based on the quality of passing I saw during one of the practice sessions and our lack of friendlies, I expect:

India 2, TT 0

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2011, 12:29:39 PM »
Shaun Fuentes informed me that the game will be broadcasted live on 105 FM and possibly 91.1FM. There may also be a live stream organized by India that will be available for general users. He said he will keep us informed.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2011, 12:46:04 PM »

The thread was started even before he assumed his duties: http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=53334.0
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2011, 01:03:54 PM »

T&T 5 - India 0

ah damn serious too.

1]; } ?>