March 28, 2024, 06:05:34 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs India Game (21-Aug-11).  (Read 40250 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs India Game (21-Aug-11).
« Reply #240 on: August 21, 2011, 05:09:58 PM »
Men getting carried away with this game yes. 
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 21, 2011, 05:12:46 PM »
T&T play a game and all we could hear about is Roberts,what went on with the game?how did T&T perform?who are the players that stood out?like the team surprise some people they have nothing to say,i know if we had lost this forum would be nice.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 21, 2011, 05:17:08 PM »
imagine latapy leave roberts off the team when me and jus cool was calling for him years now

Come nah man Gino...yuh have to give SocaWarriors.net/Warrior Nation credit here too.  We have been pushing for him to be included on the team through our interviews, web chats and behind the scenes as well.

i remember yourself, flex and very few others breds, but not too many others in all honesty

in fact i get pong a few times for criticizing latapy for leaving roberts off the team

I hear yuh.  :beermug:  Dem 2 years he was in de dog house for no reason, nobody knew how bad this man wanted to rep his country. I just happy he's getting his chance! Keep it up Dazza!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 21, 2011, 05:18:58 PM »
Coop's,

None ah we eh go to the game.  All we sit down in we house and listen on de radio.  We eh have no visual references....maybe we should wait for folks who actually went to the game to comment.

Also, a few forumites mentioned the names the commentators called out as standing out during the game Seon Power being one of them so to say we eh commenting on the players is not true.....

In any event, why would be wet with excitement over beating INDIA??!!   And if we had lost we would have had every right to light the forum on fire!! Is frigging INDIA we played!!

I
N
D
I
A

steups!!  You does real conffufle me sometimes yes!!   ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 21, 2011, 05:22:41 PM »
T&T play a game and all we could hear about is Roberts,what went on with the game?how did T&T perform?who are the players that stood out?like the team surprise some people they have nothing to say,i know if we had lost this forum would be nice.

Coops hold some strain. Touches went to the game so expect a report soon.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 21, 2011, 05:28:58 PM »

we did well, the midfield began to lose focus near the midway point of the second half and were not supporting the defence and were sloppy in their positioning. communication in the defence began to break down at the same time.

players that stood out as having a decent game= roberts, hector, tinto, toussaint (had an impact as soon as he came on), adams (aggressive attacking style), marvin phillip, power.

if we had lost to india do you expect people would have been happy about it? it might not be some GREAT victory, then again not too bad for a all-local squad who have not played in almost a year.

Clearly T&T had tactical and physical superiority...but the contribution of the left midfield to attack, loss of concentration and poor mental stamina are what the coach has to address at this point.

lets wait until we get a first hand account from people who saw the actual game
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 05:30:54 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 21, 2011, 05:29:39 PM »
Coop's doh want to know what happen in the game, he "showing" we how "fickle" we is.  Stueps.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 21, 2011, 05:37:44 PM »
Coop's doh want to know what happen in the game, he "showing" we how "fickle" we is.  Stueps.

Coops like to play the arse  8) He is right tho...sometimes we are very fickle. But he runs away from discussing the culpability of the football administrators  in promoting the inconsistency that feeds our 'fickleness' in the first place

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 21, 2011, 05:57:53 PM »
we need some new commentators. These guys are incompetent for the positions they hold.

Maybe they should be recruited by the TTFF!  :D
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 21, 2011, 05:59:34 PM »
am completly happy wid this score line. It nuh matter who we play an international game is an international. Am even more pleased to see stern back scoring goals.
brazil I kno we not going there but i got hope we go get pass bermuda barbados and whatever di other team is....

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 21, 2011, 05:59:39 PM »
LEGEND 14!

Was a good game.. main players were Stern, Roberts, Hector and Theobald... Toussaint came on and did well too

Pacheco was very poor on the Left.. looked out of sorts and really never did anything good.. Akeem Adams was quite poor too

Tinto was involved but he is our Theo Walcott, all pace and flash, no football brain

Back 4 were poor as well except Seon..he was the best of them but still not as good as he could have been.. Phillips made 2 big saves

When the better players come home the only guys making that squad for me are:

Stern , Roberts, Theobald, Hector, Power, Phillips and maybe Toussaint

The squad for me would be:

M. Phillips
T.Holder

R.Primus
Y. Marshall
J. James
JL Samuel
S.Power
J. Jones (where is he?? )

C. Edwards
J. Thompson
H. Hector
C. Birchall
K. Hyland
D. Theobald
K. Daniel

S. John
D. Roberts
K. Jones
J. Scotland
A. Toussaint

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 21, 2011, 06:04:58 PM »

Its a fete match against India! What is there to get excited about?!  ::)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 21, 2011, 06:06:15 PM »

LOL  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 21, 2011, 06:17:27 PM »
number 20....the dred...defended very very good. one mistake he made....almost caused a goal...but the was THE only foot he put wrong. Thus our defence looked pretty good.  The keep made a few rly good saves. the team passing the ball well with confidence...
they held the ball really well. patient build up!!roberts played well...... bleeder was solid....tossiant come on and sparked.......so did clarence.....

India relied alot on thier set plays......

not a bad game....i liked wht i saw......i saw a system....attacked as a team..defended as a team..
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 21, 2011, 06:18:19 PM »

we did well, the midfield began to lose focus near the midway point of the second half and were not supporting the defence and were sloppy in their positioning. communication in the defence began to break down at the same time.

players that stood out as having a decent game= roberts, hector, tinto, toussaint (had an impact as soon as he came on), adams (aggressive attacking style), marvin phillip, power.

if we had lost to india do you expect people would have been happy about it? it might not be some GREAT victory, then again not too bad for a all-local squad who have not played in almost a year.

Clearly T&T had tactical and physical superiority...but the contribution of the left midfield to attack, loss of concentration and poor mental stamina are what the coach has to address at this point.

Thanks ah lot eh Zando,yu sound a little beter than a previous poster although you did not see the game,i hear you ah going to wait.Is just that i hearing so much about Roberts i thought peeps wnt to the game.(i am sorry Sugar)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: August 21, 2011, 06:24:58 PM »

not a bad game....i liked wht i saw......i saw a system....attacked as a team..defended as a team..

love this no star boy scene
I pity the fool....

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 21, 2011, 06:29:20 PM »
number 20....the dred...defended very very good. one mistake he made....almost caused a goal...but the was THE only foot he put wrong. Thus our defence looked pretty good.  The keep made a few rly good saves. the team passing the ball well with confidence...
they held the ball really well. patient build up!!roberts played well...... bleeder was solid....tossiant come on and sparked.......so did clarence.....

India relied alot on thier set plays......

very glad to hear that. our 'defence' and 'good' is not something u usually see in the same sentence  :beermug:
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 21, 2011, 06:29:59 PM »

Don't forget what you said,it's my team and regardless to what it will always be my team,i'll always be excited when ever they play it does not matter what level,age or gender or against who.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 21, 2011, 06:33:52 PM »

Don't forget what you said,it's my team and regardless to what it will always be my team,i'll always be excited when ever they play it does not matter what level,age or gender or against who.

:D Ok partner!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 21, 2011, 06:39:18 PM »

Thanks ah lot eh Zando,yu sound a little beter than a previous poster although you did not see the game,i hear you ah going to wait.Is just that i hearing so much about Roberts i thought peeps wnt to the game.(i am sorry Sugar)

No problem Coop's.... :beermug: I eh realise you thought we went to the game.....we call Roberts name cuz de commentators was calling he name all de time and ah think he score 2 of the goals....ah could be wrong on that....

But on to more important matters....

Paging Just Cool, paging Just Cool..... :devil: ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 21, 2011, 06:41:20 PM »
This thread reminding me in some ways of those days when we was beating up on Guyana week in and week out and people was getting carried away only to be given the worst case of reality check ever.....ah loss to Bermuda.....on home soil....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 21, 2011, 06:42:37 PM »

You see how many reports coming in.What about the poll,is two weeks now and i eh see no report on that.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 21, 2011, 06:55:58 PM »

i really not any more or less reasonable than anyone else. people are talking about roberts because despite his decent previous performances for the national team team (saving us in a world cup qualifier etc.) and playing in a higher league than some others, he was left off the team so long and peeps struggling to try and understand that. on the occasion of his return he scores 2 goals alongside a legend like stern john.  

there is a strong sense redemption at play here, imo. people love the theatre of the prodigal son, so can't blame us for finding this such a compelling story can you?

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 21, 2011, 06:56:32 PM »
USA Who? Mexico who? Bring on freaking Spain and Brazil.

Right?  We beat India so the team taking shape.    ::)
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 21, 2011, 07:03:17 PM »

You see how many reports coming in.What about the poll,is two weeks now and i eh see no report on that.

I can't force folks to vote & my target was at least 100 voters before sending the link to Camps!
If/whenever that target is reached then I’ll send him the link!

But if you really cared about letting Camps know that it’s time to step aside for the betterment of T&T football I'm sure you would have told him by now despite your great friendship! But maybe you love Camps & the TTFF more than you would love to see T&T football in a better state, I'm not sure!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 21, 2011, 07:05:19 PM »
I just have one thing to say.    "VINDICATION"!! 
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #266 on: August 21, 2011, 07:08:04 PM »
I just have one thing to say.    "VINDICATION"!! 

;D

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 21, 2011, 07:16:24 PM »
imagine latapy leave roberts off the team when me and jus cool was calling for him years now

Come nah man Gino...yuh have to give SocaWarriors.net/Warrior Nation credit here too.  We have been pushing for him to be included on the team through our interviews, web chats and behind the scenes as well.

i remember yourself breds, but not too many others in all honesty

in fact i get pong a few times for criticizing latapy for leaving roberts off the team
[/b]

Was Roberts available to Latas? ..... Roberts  wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire when playing for T&T, he was good at times but mainly inconsistent
ARE YOU FOR FACKING REAL??!!! when did he get the chance to be inconsistent?? this man was in the dog house for almost 4 yrs! as ah matter of fact, he only featured in about three games in the last three yrs, and the game where he got substantial minutes he scored.

i suggest that you STFU if yuh doh have yuh facts straight! this bredder played three games under pancho (england friendly, 30 mins, bermuder in bermuda and scored the vital goal to put us through to the semi rounds, and he was subbed on against cuba in cuba during the semis. that's as far as it went with pancho) and none under latas.  i think scotty is who you must have in mind, and not roberts.

and why are we on this BS fight down?? sstttuueeepppssssss!! allyuh cyar celebrate nothing eh!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 12:49:59 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 21, 2011, 07:20:26 PM »

Enjoy the moment nah man. after all if they did beat us ppl woulda been bawling and crying down the players and the coach, instead lewwe rejoice for small mercies nah.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 21, 2011, 07:21:05 PM »
Someone said they're going to show it on CNMG?  No word of that on the news this evening...they just started showing a movie thats going to run for an hour too.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 07:25:26 PM by theworm2345 »

1]; } ?>