March 28, 2024, 11:33:51 PM

Author Topic: W Connection’s Zaine Pierre set for Genoa trial  (Read 10723 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: W Connection’s Zaine Pierre set for Genoa trial
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2014, 04:01:04 AM »
Genoa face FIFA sanctions over million dollar W Connection debt.
Wired868

Italian Serie A club, Genoa FC, could face disciplinary action after failing to meet a FIFA deadline with regards to a defaulted payment due to Trinidad and Tobago Pro League champion club, DIRECTV W Connection, over St Lucia international midfielder Zaine Pierre.

Pierre, who is now 21, joined Genoa in 2012 after two years with Connection where he played primarily with the youth team and made less than a handful of senior appearances. However, once the Italian outfit made the initial down payment for the St Lucian and acquired his international clearance, the club never completed his transfer fee.

On 21 April 2014, the FIFA Players Status Committee ruled on behalf of Connection and ordered Genoa to pay €125,000 (TT$985,600) plus five percent interest and costs for the legal proceedings by a deadline of 18 September 2014. Genoa was mandated to show proof of payment to FIFA.

Genoa allegedly failed to meet this deadline; and, as a result, the case is likely to be forwarded to the FIFA Disciplinary Committee.

At present, Pierre, who reportedly had two major operations since his move to Italy, is on loan with Serie C outfit, SF Aversa Normanna. He has twice appeared on the substitutes’ bench for Genoa since his transfer to Italy but never played for his employer.

“I’m one who takes my job really seriously,” Pierre told the St Lucia News Online, in an interview last month. “Even when I’m not playing, I’m studying, in all ways you can think of. Being out of the game these two years made me angry, made me develop that hunger to prove something… “I just keep working as I always do… because the football is tough, really tough. It’s ‘Go hard or go home.’”

Connection is due an additional payment if Pierre appears in Serie A for Genoa.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 05:46:44 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2014, 07:17:52 PM »
Saw this story, sad state of affairs - anyone heard anything about it?

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2014, 08:18:16 PM »
Very important story to be told on legal victories for T&T football clubs.
Disappointing (but expected) that this kinds story attracts no attention from the Guardian, Express, Newsday & these other so called "mainstream" outlets. Good work by Lasana.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2014, 12:55:41 PM »
Very important story to be told on legal victories for T&T football clubs.
Disappointing (but expected) that this kinds story attracts no attention from the Guardian, Express, Newsday & these other so called "mainstream" outlets. Good work by Lasana.

According 2 Sando it eh in 1 of them papers so he suspicious of Lasana.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2015, 05:17:59 AM »
FIFA threatens to relegate Genoa over Connection bill.
By Lasana Liburd (wired868).

World governing football body, FIFA, has threatened Italy Serie A club, Genoa, with a range of sanctions including relegation due to its supposed violation of article 64 of the FIFA Disciplinary Code over the alleged non-payment of costs ordered by the FIFA Players Status Committee on 21 April 2014.

Genoa was ordered to pay Trinidad and Tobago Pro League club DIRECTV W Connection €125,000 (TT$985,600) plus five percent interest per year and legal costs due to its failure to complete payment for 21-year-old St Lucia international Zane Pierre who joined the Italian club in 2012. The costs of legal proceedings were calculated as CHF 8,000 (TT$54,800) to FIFA and CHF 4,000 (TT$27,400) to Connection.

However, the club failed to provide proof of payment to FIFA by the deadline of 18 September 2014.

And, in a letter from FIFA Deputy Secretary to the Disciplinary Committee Gautier Aubert on 3 February 2015, Genoa was warned that failure to immediately pay its bill could mean “disciplinary sanctions (fine, deduction of points, relegation) may be imposed on the club.” The dispatch was sent to Genoa, Connection, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (sic) and the Italian Football Federation.

FIFA vowed to open a fresh investigation into Genoa’s conduct but promised to let the matter lie if the Italian team meets its financial obligations.

The world governing body has taken firm measures against wayward clubs before with its recent 14-month transfer window ban against Spanish giants, FC Barcelona, being its most famous recent example. Barcelona was ruled to have breached FIFA’s rules against signing international players under the age of 18.

Pierre spent two years with Connection where he played primarily with the youth team and made less than a handful of senior appearances before moving to Genoa at the age of 19. However, once the Italian outfit made the initial down payment for the St Lucian and acquired his international clearance, the club never completed his transfer fee.

At present, Pierre, who reportedly had two major operations since his move to Italy, is on loan with Serie C outfit, SF Aversa Normanna. He has twice appeared on the substitutes’ bench for Genoa since his transfer to Italy but never played for his employer.

Connection, whose most famous export is Cardiff City forward Kenwyne Jones, is due an additional payment if Pierre appears in Serie A for Genoa.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2015, 08:55:04 AM »
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/23/genoa-fifa-w-connection-zaine-pierre-st-lucia-football

Genoa face Fifa ire over non-payment to W Connection for Zaine Pierre
• St Lucia midfielder left Trinidad for Italy in 2011
• W Connection claim they are owed €125,000 plus interest

FIFA Executive Committee Meeting
Fifa, the world game's ruling body, have written to Genoa and given them a deadline of 2 April to make the payment W Connection are claiming.

Monday 23 March 2015 12.11 GMT Last modified on Monday 23 March 2015 12.16 GMT

The Italian club Genoa are facing potential Fifa sanction, which could extend from a fine to a points deduction or even relegation from Serie A, relating to their reluctance to fulfil a payment due to the Trinidadian side W Connection for Zaine Pierre’s transfer over three years ago.

Pierre, a St Lucia midfielder who had trials with Tottenham Hotspur, Arsenal and Manchester City as a teenager, left Trinidad and Tobago for Genoa in November 2011 after two years spent primarily in the youth team at W Connection. The Italian club paid an initial €200,000 [£146,000] for the player, but agreed to meet a further fee of €150,000 when Pierre, who came highly rated, turned professional.

That amount, which was subsequently readjusted to €125,000 plus interest and costs, has been due since August 2012 with Fifa’s players status committee – for whom the former chairman of the FA and vice-president of Uefa and Fifa, Geoff Thompson, acted as a single judge – having ruled a year ago that Genoa should make the payment within 30 days. That deadline passed, with Fifa subsequently writing to the Italian football federation’s general secretary, Michele Uva, in September 2014 urging them to encourage Genoa to pay the money that was due and resolve the matter.

Genoa’s subsequent attempt at a compromise, involving a revised payment of €62,500, was rejected by W Connection with Fifa duly advising the Italian federation that disciplinary proceedings had been opened against the Serie A club over “a violation of article 64 of the Fifa disciplinary code”. The governing body has granted Genoa a final deadline of 2 April to make the final payments and if they are not forthcoming, the disciplinary committee will meet on 16 April to determine the level of sanction to be imposed.

Genoa are currently ninth in Serie A, sandwiched between Milan and Internazionale, and 16 points clear of Cagliari and Cesena in the relegation zone. Yet Fifa’s correspondence with Uva confirms that its disciplinary committee’s sanctions range from “a fine, deduction of points or relegation” over a player who has never represented the first-team and is currently on loan at the Serie C club, SF Aversa Normanna. Now 21, Pierre has suffered injury problems since his move to Italy but has now been capped four times by St Lucia.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2015, 09:03:31 AM »
Good, its about time somebody do the same to W Connection as they do to their players.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=64112.msg921987#msg921987

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2015, 09:14:55 AM »
Good, its about time somebody do the same to W Connection as they do to their players.

Anybody report Connection to FIFA yet, I wonder why? Don't all these players have contracts so if their contracts have been breached, don't they have recourse? Since you seem so concerned maybe you should rally those so affected and help them to file their complaints to FIFA. Actions do speak louder than words not so?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 09:20:26 AM by soccerrama »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2015, 04:55:01 AM »

Anybody report Connection to FIFA yet, I wonder why? Don't all these players have contracts so if their contracts have been breached, don't they have recourse? Since you seem so concerned maybe you should rally those so affected and help them to file their complaints to FIFA. Actions do speak louder than words not so?

Yuh talking shit.

Man fraid top talk.

When you see Cyrus and Hector why yuh doh axe them.

Allyuh keep believing in St Lucian Connection.

John Williams is ah money hungry f00cking snake.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2015, 04:04:56 PM »
Well I guess whatever potion John Williams & Fevrier give Hector it really strong & effective because despite all the talk about how John Williams tief his transfer money etc he still want to play for & train with W Connection as per Lasana's interview with him...hmmm ;D

http://wired868.com/2015/04/11/injury-rules-hector-out-of-gold-cup-warrior-targets-2018-wcup-return/

However, as the Vietnam league ends in September and does not restart until January 2016, Hector would not have played competitive football for eight months when the Warriors start their 2018 World Cup qualifying campaign in November at the penultimate group phase.

He hopes Hanoi T&T agree to loan him back to W Connection but is not certain it would happen.

“We will try our best to see if they will accept me going on loan with Connection because the (Vietnam) season finishes on September 15 (which might be after the local transfer window closes),” said Hector. “I will be (training) with Connection for sure.

Hector hopes to play professionally in Europe or the United States’ MLS before he retires but accepts that his advanced age makes this unlikely. Connection remain close to his heart and he expects to return to the “Savonetta Boys” at some point. But he hopes his final club will be one that is even closer to home.

“For my last days, I want to play for my boyhood club which is (Point Fortin) Civic Centre,” said Hector. “I always have that in mind. If I don’t go anywhere else, I think Civic might be the last team I will play with.”

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2016, 03:50:18 PM »
Zaine Pierre back with W Connection.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2016, 06:32:17 PM »
Zaine Pierre back with W Connection.

Why?

1]; } ?>