April 27, 2024, 07:01:34 AM

Author Topic: Jamaican sprinter positive...I'm 'Mulling' who it could be!  (Read 2652 times)

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Jamaican sprinter positive...I'm 'Mulling' who it could be!
« on: August 10, 2011, 05:42:29 PM »
KINGSTON - A Jamaican athlete, with less than three weeks to go before the 13th IAAF World Championships in Daegu, South Korea, has tested positive, this according to information reaching trackalerts.com.

A well-placed source told trackalerts.com that the test on the athlete was carried out at the Jamaican trials, held June 23-26.

It was also said that the athlete was only informed about the result on Monday. The athlete in question has competed since trials.

Patricia Charles-Freeman, executive director of JADCO, the body which was responsible for carrying out the drug testing locally, could not be reached for a comment while the JAAA doesn’t comment on drug issues.

At the 2009 trials, five Jamaicans, Yohan Blake, Allodin Fothergill, Sheri-Ann Brooks, Marvin Anderson and Lanceford Spence tested positive before the Berlin World Championships. They received three-month bans.

Also in 2009, Chris Williams returned positive findings and is currently serving a 2-year ban.

Also, in 2010, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce returned a positive test for the non-performance enhancing drug oxycodone, at the Shanghai Diamond League meeting on May 23.

Julien Dunkley, Steve Mullings, Bobby-Gaye Wilkins and Patrick Jarrett are some of the other Jamaicans to received drug bans in the past.

Jamaican sprinter tests positive
2011-08-10 18:13:06 | (0 Comments)
Leighton Levy, Gleaner Writer

An emerging sprinter that was expected to represent Jamaica at the IAAF World Championships in Athletics, Daegu, South Korea in three weeks, has reportedly returned an adverse analytical finding.

The result, which revealed a masking agent was derived from a drug test administered at the Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association/Supreme Ventures National Senior Championships, held between June 23 and 26 this year.

In sports, a masking agent is used to hide or prevent detection of a banned substance or illegal drug such as anabolic steroids or stimulants.

The news comes just over a week before the team departs for a one-week camp in Gyeonasan, South Korea. The team is also set to be named next week.

Word is that the United States-based athlete, who returned this latest adverse finding was failing a test for the second time which could effectively mean the end of his international career considering that, if found to be culpable, it could lead to a four year suspension.

The athlete has reportedly been notified and will now have to face a disciplinary hearing effectively ruling him out of the championships where he was a medal contender in two events.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaican sprinter positive...I'm 'Mulling' who it could be!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 06:21:50 PM »
KINGSTON - A Jamaican athlete, with less than three weeks to go before the 13th IAAF World Championships in Daegu, South Korea, has tested positive, this according to information reaching trackalerts.com.

Jamaican sprinter tests positive
2011-08-10 18:13:06 | (0 Comments)

An emerging sprinter that was expected to represent Jamaica at the IAAF World Championships in Athletics, Daegu, South Korea in three weeks, has reportedly returned an adverse analytical finding.

The result, which revealed a masking agent was derived from a drug test administered at the Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association/Supreme Ventures National Senior Championships, held between June 23 and 26 this year.

In sports, a masking agent is used to hide or prevent detection of a banned substance or illegal drug such as anabolic steroids or stimulants.

The news comes just over a week before the team departs for a one-week camp in Gyeonasan, South Korea. The team is also set to be named next week.

Word is that the United States-based athlete, who returned this latest adverse finding was failing a test for the second time which could effectively mean the end of his international career considering that, if found to be culpable, it could lead to a four year suspension.

The athlete has reportedly been notified and will now have to face a disciplinary hearing effectively ruling him out of the championships where he was a medal contender in two events.

to bad for him
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 09:46:09 PM »
Steve M******s is ah &%!#@  >:(
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 11:18:39 PM »
Steve Mullings Tests Positive
Published: Thursday | August 11, 20110 Comments

Steve Mullings

The future of Jamaican sprinter Steve Mullings now hangs in the balance after revelations that he tested positive for a masking agent, two weeks before the start of the IAAF World Championships in Athletics in Daegu, South Korea. Mullings now faces a minimum ban of four years and could be removed from the sport for life.

It is understood that the results of a test carried out by the Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission during the Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association (JAAA)/Supreme Ventures National Senior Championships, held between June 23 and 26 this year, showed the presence of the substance, which is meant to conceal the existence of banned substances or illegal drugs, such as anabolic steroids or stimulants.

Several efforts to contact the sprinter and his agent John Regis proved futile.

Mullings previously failed a drug test during qualification for the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, Greece, after higher-than-normal levels of testosterone were found in his system.

As a result, he was slapped with a two-year ban and his results between the middle of 2004 and 2005 were wiped from the records.

Failing a reversal, this latest incident could effectively mean the end of his international career.

The athlete has reportedly been notified and will now have to face a disciplinary hearing, effectively ruling him out of the championships in Daegu, where he was seen as a strong medal contender in the 100m and 200m. Mullings was also expected to feature on Jamaica's 4x100m relay team.

President of the JAAA, Howard Aris, was unable to comment and said at press time that he had received no official notification.

Executive director of the Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission, Dr Patrece Charles Freeman, also declined to comment on the matter.

In all doping cases, the athlete has the right to a hearing of their case before the relevant disciplinary body or tribunal. The athlete must confirm in writing, within 14 days of notification, that they would like a hearing, otherwise it is assumed that the athlete accepts that a violation has occurred.

The hearing before a tribunal must be held within two months from the date of notification to the athlete. The athlete has the right to legal counsel and to call witnesses. The decision of the tribunal will be sent to the world's governing body, the IAAF.

Reimpose suspension

If the IAAF does not agree with the sanction, the case will be reviewed by the IAAF Doping Review Board, which decides whether it appeals to the Court of Arbitration of Sport (CAS); if so, it may reimpose suspension. The athlete also has a right of appeal to CAS.

The news comes as another blow to Jamaican track and field after recent scandals, particularly shortly before the last IAAF World Championships held in Berlin, Germany, in 2009.

Back then, five athletes tested positive for a stimulant at the national championships. The athletes were served with three-month suspensions and allowed to resume their careers.

Last year, World and Olympic 100-metre champion Shelly Ann Fraser-Pryce tested positive for the painkiller Oxycodone and was subsequently banned for six months. Her ban ended in January this year.

Offline keelz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 06:15:09 AM »
does this place a spotlight on lance brauman's camp?

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 07:31:15 AM »

My thoughts exactly.....TG, VCB, KB, KAB....hoping this was isolated.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 07:48:41 AM »

VCB left the camp 2 years ago, but it is not a good look for the rest of them.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 09:05:22 AM »

VCB left the camp 2 years ago, but it is not a good look for the rest of them.

The spotlight will be on all top athletes in that camp!

Lets hope our athletes in that camp are keeping themselves as clean as a whistle!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 12:55:14 PM »

KAB  is  clean based on her progression ...KB also  he not running that great  ...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 02:40:29 PM by Trini _2014 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 07:17:15 PM »
Ummmmph!!!!!1

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2011, 02:46:45 PM »
http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Unperturbed-Mullings-confident-he-will-clear-his-name-of-drug-cheating_9434067#ixzz1UuJlRrQv

Mullings confident he will clear his name of drug cheating
Unperturbed!

BY PAUL A REID Observer writer
Saturday, August 13, 2011

EMBATTLED Jamaican sprinter Steve Mullings is confident he will be cleared of drug cheating charges as allegations swirl after he returned an Adverse Analytical Finding at the JAAA/Supreme Ventures National Senior Trials June 23-26.

While explaining he was not allowed to speak to the media yet, when contacted in Florida by the Observer yesterday, the 28-year-old expressed confidence his name would be cleared and he would be able to continue competing.

News of the failed drug test broke on Wednesday, two days after Mullings was notified of the finding and after initially denying that his client was involved, Britain-based track and field agent John Regis on Thursday evening confirmed that the former Vere Technical, Barton County and Mississippi State athlete had returned a tainted urine sample at the JAAA/Supreme Ventures National Senior Trials.

Regis was heard on a television interview Thursday night confirming that the Florida-based Mullings had been notified earlier this week and while refusing to go into any details said they would be contesting the findings.

On Thursday, a release from the Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission (JADCO) confirmed that they had "received an Adverse Analytical Finding (AAF) from a sample collected at the Jamaica National Trials on June 24, 2011" the night of the 100m final where he finished third behind Asafa Powell and Yohan Blake.

Mullings, who ran seven sub-10-second timing this season, including his personal best 9.80 seconds, third best this year behind Asafa Powell and Tyson Gay, his American training partner, also won the 200m at Trials and was expected in some quarters to leave the 13th IAAF World Championships in Daegu with up to three medals.

Mullings was fifth in the 200m final two years ago at the IAAF World Championships in Berlin and was on the 4x100m relay team that won gold and also won silver in 2007 in Osaka, Japan as part of the relay team.

Meanwhile, it is unlikely that given the time frame that Mullings will be named on the Jamaica squad for Daegu.

The final list of athletes must be submitted to the IAAF by midnight Central European time on Monday, August 19, and it is understood that Mullings' B sample will be tested a day later on Tuesday at the IAAF/WADA-accredited lab in Montreal, Canada.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 12:11:42 AM »
Batch "B" is positive also.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline keelz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 05:26:07 AM »

Mullings uncertain about attending hearing
Thursday, 18 August 2011 21:53 BY Vijay, fosteraa@ymail.com   

FLORIDA - Jamaica's national 200m champion Steve Mullings said he was uncertain whether he would ask for a hearing into his positive test for furosemide.

Mullings, who on Thursday night confirmed to Reuters that it was his sample that returned an Adverse Analytical Finding (AAF), said it would be hard for him to prove his case. The Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission said it had received an Adverse Analytical Finding (AAF) from a sample collected at the Jamaican National Trials, on June 24, 2011. JADCO did not release any name.

"What can I do? I'm going to go in front of the panel and say I never took the drug. But I don't have the proof to say, 'ok, it was vitamins'."

Mullings now have 14 days to request a hearing from the Jamaica Anti-doping Disciplinary Panel or face whatever sanction awaits him.

Mullings insisted he is not a drug cheat.

"The people around me know I don't take drugs, but it's going to look bad on me because 2004 (when he was banned for two years), now it's 2011 they said I was on drugs that I don't even know of."

Mullings was dropped from the Jamaican team for the 13th IAAF World Championships in Daegu, South Korea.

Your Ad Here
NEW: You can now sign in with Facebook, AOL and Yahoo accounts. Just click on the "Comment Using..." button and select the type of login you wish to use.

Faulk, Lewis, Demus, Mullings log wins in Czech Republic
Robles, Mullings, Brooks among winners in Thessaloniki
Top 400m runner Mullings to miss champs
Mullings impresses in Rovereto
"No big deal" Brauman says about VCB split
LATEST NEWS
Mullings uncertain about attending hearing
Only three defenders confirmed as not competing
Prize money and WR bonus as in the past
St. Kitts & Nevis name Kim Collin in World Champs team
Facey wins sprint double in Sweden
Jamaica misses out on WUC fourth gold
Esther Maynard runs for spot on IAAF Technical Committee
What’s a showcase without the media!
Track Alerts goes to Daegu
Harradine hunting for strong performance in Daegu

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 11:58:01 PM »
http://www.televisionjamaica.com/vd-11751-SPORTSCOMMENTARYAUGUST920.aspx

Check this Jamaican Sports Commentary video clip!

1]; } ?>