March 28, 2024, 04:37:33 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Bermuda Game (02-Sept-11).  (Read 88333 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T vs Bermuda Game (02-Sept-11).
« on: August 11, 2011, 07:36:33 AM »
Greetings.

As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the World Cup qualifying game vs Bermuda (September-2nd) in Port-of-Spain at 4:30 (EST) will be posted here, this way, we can help maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

Live Links.
i95.5fm.

Possible TV Viewing.
To be updated.

T&T Squad:

Goalkeepers
Marvin Phillip (Joe Public), Anthony Warner (Wellington Phoenix), Akini Adams (T&TEC).

Defenders
Julius James (Columbus Crew), Seon Power (North East Stars), Carlyle Mitchell (Joe Public), Andrei Pacheco (T&TEC), Anthony Wolfe (North East Stars), Akeem Adams (T&TEC).

Midfielders
Carlos Edwards (Ipswich Town), Andre Boucard (York City), Khaleem Hyland (KRC Genk), Christopher Birchall (LA Galaxy), Jake Thomson (Kettering Town), Lester Peltier (AS Trencin), Keon Daniel (Philadelphia Union), Clyde Leon (Deportiva Itagui), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Hayden Tinto (Joe Public), Hughtun Hector (W Connection).

Forwards
Kenwyne Jones (capt) (Stoke City), Darryl Roberts (North East Stars), Stern John (North East Stars), Andre Toussaint (Joe Public).

Head Coach
Otto Pfister (Germany).

Bermuda Squad:

Goalkeepers
Freddy Hall (Northampton Town), Tahj Bell (Bermuda Hogges), Daniel Johnson (Dandy Town).

Defenders
Kamen Tucker (Dandy Town), Roger Lee (Bermuda Hogges), Devrae Tankard (Bermuda Hogges), Ernest Trott (Bermuda Hogges), Taurean Manders (Capital City FC).

Midfielders
Kano Smith (Carolina RailHawks FC), socawarriors.net, Devaun DeGraff (Bermuda Hogges), Seion Darrell (Bermuda Hogges), Jason Davis (CBU Capers), Chris Caisey (Bermuda Hogges), Zeiko Lewis (University of Virginia), Tyrell Burgess (Bermuda Hogges), Antwon Russell (Bermuda Hogges).

Forwards
Nahki Wells (Bradford City), Reggie Thompson Lambe (Bristol Rovers), Damon Ming (Dandy Town), Angelo Simmons (Boulevard Blazers), LaShun Dill (Dandy Town), Quadir Maynard (Boulevard Blazers).

Head Coach
Devarr Boyles (Bermuda).

More updates to follow so keep checking back.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 08:00:57 PM by Tallman »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Bermuda Game (02-Sept-11).
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 07:39:26 AM »
Nusum ready to ‘torment’ Warriors
T&T Guardian Reports.

Nusum is set to make an international return in next month’s World Cup qualifier in T&T. John Barry Nusum has handed Bermuda a massive boost ahead of their World Cup qualifying showdown against Trinidad, declaring: “I’m fit and raring to go.” Nusum was T&T’s chief tormentor when Bermuda shocked the Soca Warriors in their own backyard three years ago, scoring twice to leapfrog Shaun Goater as the Island’s top scorer in qualifiers.

The burly striker, who insists he has fully recovered from a long-term knee injury, is now ready to make a return to his happy hunting ground when the Gombey Warriors travel to Trinidad next month. “I will always be available to represent my country if called upon.” said the former indoor soccer professional. “I’m definitely interested so we will see what happens; I will be going training to see what’s going on.”

Nusum’s dressing room presence could be almost as important as his influence on the pitch, such is the esteem he is held in among his younger team-mates. Although he accepts he too will have to work hard for his starting place, regardless of his past achievements. “It would be great to get back in the team, but at the same time I know there are a lot of younger guys that are hungry right now and want to be involved,” said the Wolves coach.

“Regardless of my name and so forth, I will still need to put in the work.” Unsurprisingly, the 30-year-old has fond memories of Bermuda’s memorable 2-1 victory at the Marvin Lee Stadium in 2008, when he bruised and battered the Soca Warriors defenders to etch his name into the local football folklore.

Frustratingly for Nusum, he was carrying a hamstring injury in the return leg, which Bermuda lost 2-1, and was unable to repeat his heroics. “Trinidad was a great time for all those involved we played well against them,” said Nusum. “We all felt hard done by in the home leg, especially after they got the second goal, knowing the position we were in and that we’re heading to the next round.”

Nusum believes it’s of paramount importance the Bermuda Football Association names a new national team coach as soon as possible, with the Trinidad opener just a few weeks away. “We’re on back foot in the sense that we haven’t named our coach or squad yet, but for the most part we have the necessary tools to go out and have a real go at getting to the next round,” he said. “We shouldn’t feel inferior to anyone else in the group because we all start at the same position.”
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 04:27:17 PM »
ah cyah waittt...we have a serious football drought...we have foootball drama all de time, just no games...i rel excited...even tho ah cant even predict a starting line up..nothing...i jess want ah game  :-\
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline ragga

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 08:49:04 AM »
Seems like Bermuda (Gombey Warriors) are ramping up up their preparation as per article on Bermuda Royal Gazette newspapers @
http://www.royalgazette.com/article/20110811/SPORT01/708119969/-1

==========================================================
Stars answer Bermuda call

Bermuda have assembled a national team squad packed with professional experience for their World Cup qualifying campaign, including UK-based trio Nahki Wells, Reggie Lambe and Freddy Hall.

Bradford City striker Wells, Northampton Town goalkeeper Hall and ex-Ipswich Town winger Lambe are all expected to make the trip to Trinidad for Bermuda’s opening qualifier on September 2.

Also named in the provisional –40-man squad are ex-pros Khano Smith and John Barry Nusum who helped –inspire the Gombey Warriors to a shock victory in Trinidad three years ago.

Mark Wade, Bermuda Football Association’s player development committee chairman, said he was confident the –Island’s top players would make –themselves available for all six of the national team’s Group B matches.

“At the moment we’re doing our due diligence and checking on the availability of all the players included on our list. That includes the overseas professionals who have been named in the squad,” said Wade.

Overseeing Bermuda’s qualifying campaign will be National Academy coaches Devarr Boyles, Scott Morton, Gary Darrell and Maurice Lowe, who have spent the past two seasons working with Bermuda Hogges’ players.

One of those coaches is expected to be named as the team’s head coach at tonight’s BFA awards presentation; a decision largely based on each candidate’s availability due to work commitments. It’s understood the BFA might also seek advice from coaches outside the Academy stable to help them plot Trinidad’s downfall.

“Scott Morton is currently the only National Academy coach on the Island, but all of our Academy coaches will be involved in the team’s preparations,” Wade said.

“Our National Academy coaches have been working with our national team players as part of the Bermuda Hogges set-up for the past two years, so we’re not concerned about our preparations. We’re also working on a few other things which will be announced shortly.”

En-route to Trinidad, Bermuda’s squad are likely to set up a training camp in Florida, a favourite pre-qualifying haunt of the national team, where they could play as many as three –friendlies.

“We’re finalising a few things regarding friendlies,” said Wade. “We’re hoping to build in some games into our –travel programme.”

Bermuda will have to top a group that includes Trinidad, Barbados and Guyana to advance to the semi-final of the region’s qualifiers. All three of their second round opponents will dust off their respective cobwebs by taking on India’s national team.

As part of India’s tour of the Caribbean, they will meet Barbados on August 17, Trinidad on August 21 and Guyana on August 24.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 10:27:20 AM »
Smfh

AirMan

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 08:44:32 AM »
So leh meh ask a serious question (although i may know the answer already, i just want to confirm)

Is this really TnT FIRST international game of the year ?

AirMan

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 08:50:29 AM »
So leh meh ask a serious question (although i may know the answer already, i just want to confirm)

Is this really TnT FIRST international game of the year ?

Disregard i just remembered we play India later this month. Dont know if i am happy with us having our first game of the year in August

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Soca Warriors Final XI for Bermuda WCQ
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 08:27:13 PM »
From the analysis of Touches and also based on personal knowledge of the team and best players, I would say that the best squad to take the pitch against Bermuda in September would be this one...

Phillips
Samuel
James
Primus
Edwards
Daniel
Birchall
Hyland
Thompson
Jones
Roberts

subs: John, Touissant, Power, Theobald, Hector, Tinto, Wolfe, Scotland, marshall, J.Jones

I believe Bermuda is in for some serious trouble, especially with a coach like Pfister, Pfister with a team as this will advance to the next round and I believe we can advance to the Hex from there by eliminating Costa Rica.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 09:01:00 PM by Controversial »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors Final XI for Bermuda WCQ
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 08:31:03 PM »
I like dat squad...agreed.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 08:35:59 PM »
I like dat squad...agreed.

breds correct me if i'm wrong but i believe the subs would be...

John, Touissant, Power, Theobald, Hector, Tinto, Wolfe, Scotland, marshall, J.Jones
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 08:44:26 PM by Controversial »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 08:40:35 PM »
I would swap in Primus for Marshall. Marshall has hardly been playing.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 08:43:54 PM »
I would swap in Primus for Marshall. Marshall has hardly been playing.

good call  :beermug:

made the change

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 08:46:40 PM »
Why does Thompson make it ahead of Tinto on the right midfield?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 08:48:14 PM »

he crosses the ball much better than tinto, he passes better and knows when to give the ball up for starters

i was impressed with thompson composure on the ball and his vision for passing

we need service from the wings for our strikers, especially a tall man like jones for headers against the opposition teams

i trust thompson to make those crosses rather than tinto
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 08:50:55 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2011, 08:53:10 PM »

tinto in my opinion has been more effective as a sub in the 2nd half on the right wing

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2011, 08:58:53 PM »
Ah was about to say the same thing, but in exchange for tinto i would say hector definitely. allyuh see this kid houton hector, that youth will surprise a lot of ppl in ah positive way. seen this kid play quite ah few time in person and on the tube, and man he's ah handful , and brimming with skill and nuff football sense tuh go with that. i'm totally sold on this yute.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2011, 09:03:34 PM »
Ah was about to say the same thing, but in exchange for tinto i would say hector definitely. allyuh see this kid houton hector, that youth will surprise a lot of ppl in ah positive way. seen this kid play quite ah few time in person and on the tube, and man he's ah handful , and brimming with skill and nuff football sense tuh go with that. i'm totally sold on this yute.

that may be but thompson showed he belonged a while back and right now he is ahead of both tinto and hector

both locals will have to come off the bench because neither of them possess the ability to pass and cross like jake, thats facts breds, with jones back in the line-up he will need the service and tinto and hector cannot provide it like jake currently, give hector time and he will come good

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2011, 09:04:02 PM »
Andre Boucard might be able to at least make the bench. He plays at the same level as Thomson and it sounds like the central mid position was struggling today.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2011, 09:06:48 PM »
Andre Boucard might be able to at least make the bench. He plays at the same level as Thomson and it sounds like the central mid position was struggling today.

haven't seen him in a while, i believe he is on Pfister radar, we will see when the squad is selected for bermuda :beermug:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2011, 09:11:53 PM »
TI, ah guess you didn't watch ipswich game vs peterborough yesterday did you ? well if you did you wouldn't want carlos edwards in that fullback position.  carlos is ah good defensive player, but he's no defender! and yesterday solidified that.

i think carlos prowess would be better served in the center of midfield in ah creative role. as for birchall and hyland, can't start them together, it's either one for the other, or birchall's subbed on for someone like a hector or carlos.

can't see keon daniel starting over collin samuels on that left flank either. don't get me wrong, keon is ah damn good player, but i think he'll better serve in an attacking mid position.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 09:34:36 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2011, 09:19:46 PM »
TI, ah guess you didn't watch ipswich game vs peterborough yesterday did you, well if you did you wouldn't want carlos edwards in that fullback position.  carlos is ah good defensive player, but he's no defender! and yesterday solidified that.

i thing carlos prowwes would be better served in the center of midfield in ah creative role. as for birchall and hyland, can't start them together, it's either one for the other, or birchall's subbed on for someone like a hector or carlos.

can't see keon daniel starting over collin samuels on that left flank either. don't get me wrong, keon is ah damn good player, but i think he'll better serve in an attacking mid position.

edwards would serve as an attacking right back, i missed that game yesterday, but one game cannot change my opinion, at the end of the day, pfister may start him in the mid or may not because edwards has played well in the right back for the national team previously.

birchie is a ball winner, playing next to hyland who is more creative would work well as hyland would be playing behind the strikers and can pass the ball. the only way i see hector or any other mid being there is if Pfister goes with a 3-5-2 instead of a 4-4-2.

i agree though, that if colin samuels is available and is selected, he should start on the left wing over daniel, i am unaware of samuels situation currently, so i didn't add him to the final squad.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2011, 09:32:40 PM »

that may be but thompson showed he belonged a while back and right now he is ahead of both tinto and hector

both locals will have to come off the bench because neither of them possess the ability to pass and cross like jake, thats facts breds, with jones back in the line-up he will need the service and tinto and hector cannot provide it like jake currently, give hector time and he will come good
Breddren, IMO, it's only ah matter of time for hector to make it big like hyland, the fella have touches, he could pass cross and score. not taking anything away from thompson, he's ah decent players and all, but not bc thompson's playing in england means he's any better than hector. you have tuh see this kid play TI, he's entertaining and precise.

check this cross he put in for ah pretty baptiste header 38 sec into the clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmmOJZilL8o&feature=related

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2011, 09:45:35 PM »
Just Cool....correck...and he last name cool....Ah was about to say the same thing, but in exchange for tinto i would say hector definitely. allyuh see this kid houton hector, that youth will surprise a lot of ppl in ah positive way. seen this kid play quite ah few time in person and on the tube, and man he's ah handful , and brimming with skill and nuff football sense tuh go with that. i'm totally sold on this yute.
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2011, 06:53:06 AM »
Marvin Phillip, Akini Adams

Seon Power, Robert Primus, Jlloyd Samuel, Anthony Wolfe, Julius James

Keon Daniel, Densill Theobald, Hayden Tinto, Christopher Birchall, Hughtun Hector, Khaleem Hyland, Lester Peltier, Carlos Edwards

Stern John, Andre Toussaint, Darryl Roberts and Kenwyne Jones
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 06:56:14 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2011, 03:25:34 PM »
From the analysis of Touches and also based on personal knowledge of the team and best players, I would say that the best squad to take the pitch against Bermuda in September would be this one...

Phillips
Samuel
James
Primus
Edwards
Daniel
Birchall
Hyland
Thompson
Jones
Roberts

subs: John, Touissant, Power, Theobald, Hector, Tinto, Wolfe, Scotland, marshall, J.Jones

I believe Bermuda is in for some serious trouble, especially with a coach like Pfister, Pfister with a team as this will advance to the next round and I believe we can advance to the Hex from there by eliminating Costa Rica.

You were shocking me :o with your logic until that sentence!

Now I know the world is round and the sun will rise again!  :whew:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 03:36:57 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2011, 03:55:14 PM »

Breddren, IMO, it's only ah matter of time for hector to make it big like hyland, the fella have touches, he could pass cross and score. not taking anything away from thompson, he's ah decent players and all, but not bc thompson's playing in england means he's any better than hector. you have tuh see this kid play TI, he's entertaining and precise.

Hector is a very good player, but he's no youth if my memory serves me correct. I think he's aout 26 or 27. Still early days, but now or never if he wants to make it 'big'.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2011, 03:57:38 PM »
TI we need collin samuel in that left flank, we also need carlos in the center of the park to bring ah little more creativity going forward.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2011, 04:00:25 PM »

Hector is a very good player, but he's no youth if my memory serves me correct. I think he's aout 26 or 27. Still early days, but now or never if he wants to make it 'big'.
Yeh, was totally unaware of his age till this morning when tallman posted it, he looks quite young though. oh well, he still has ah chance, who knows, maybe he's ah late bloomer.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2011, 04:45:13 PM »

Phillips
Samuel
James
Primus
Edwards
Daniel
Birchall
Hyland
Thompson
Jones
Roberts

You were shocking me :o with your logic until that sentence!

Now I know the world is round and the sun will rise again!  :whew:

and you haven't failed with your lack of knowledge of football

we have to beat costa rica to advance with mexico, i believe a full squad under the guidance of Pfister can dismiss costa rica

use your brain for once
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 04:56:35 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2011, 04:57:47 PM »
Greetings.

As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the World Cup qualifying game vs Bermuda (September-2nd) in Port-of-Spain will be posted here, this way, we can help maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

Live Links.
To be updated.

Possible TV Viewing.
To be updated.

T&T Squad:
To be updated.

More updates to follow so keep checking back.

TT 2-0 Bermuda nil

that is what the scoreline will be 8)

1]; } ?>