April 23, 2024, 02:52:36 PM

Author Topic: Carter says oust D/Force, Police from Pro League.  (Read 4552 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Carter says oust D/Force, Police from Pro League.
« on: September 13, 2011, 04:13:39 AM »
Carter says oust D/Force, Police from Pro League.
By Walter Alibey (Newsday).

Ex-Strike Squad goalkeeper Earl ‘‘Spiderman’’ Carter, now technical director of Adam’s Construction San Juan Jabloteh, is calling for Defence Force and Police to be permanently dropped from the TT Pro League.

Carter said this step is one of many that must be taken if the TT Pro League is to survive as a professional football league.

He pointed out that the concept of the TT Pro League did not have the Army/Coast Guard combination and Police as part of its design.

“This is the only country in the world that has the protective services as part of their professional football league,” Carter said.

He explained that Defence Force and Police do not comprise professional footballers and should not be allowed to play in the Pro League.

“They have no problem with respect to money and payment because they are playing for their salaries, but they are not professional footballers. It is because of their inclusion in the league that is causing the problems today.”

Jabloteh’s opening match this season against Police scheduled for Saturday last was postponed because of the current state of emergency, which has placed members of the protective services on the alert.

“They have to do their jobs first,” Carter said. Carter who stood out for the Strike Squad in 1989 in their failed attempt to reach the finals of World Cup Italia 1990, also called on Pro League officials to take the teams back to the communities.

“The same players you would say do not look as good players, would show a total difference when they are placed in a community-based team.”

In addition Carter also called for the education of coaches to be mandatory in the development of the game in TT.

According to Carter, “What we need is to have the country’s best coaches at the youth levels. “Let them coach at the primary and secondary schools so that the development programmes will be strong.

Players will come out with a command of the basic skills of the game, better than what we are seeing today.” The acrobatic goalie also appealed to pro league officials, Government and corporate Trinidad and Tobago to make every effort to keep the Pro League alive.

He outlined a number of factors which have led to teams dropping out of the league.

Chief among them was financial instability and the inability by clubs to attain gate receipts because of the current structure of the league.

“When a club is unable to receive monies from gate receipts, it spells trouble for that team.” He said the death of the Pro League would not only throw a number of players on the bread line, but would also throw football back by 40 years.

He reminded officials that when a team is removed from the community they were formed in, you also take away that support base that would help them generate finance.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Carter says oust D/Force, Police from Pro League.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 10:42:12 AM »
“This is the only country in the world that has the protective services as part of their professional football league,” Carter said.

No disrespect to Carter, but I love it when men make unqualified statements like this. Please take a look at the American Rugby, um National Football League or NFL. Their league has two military teams in their league roster.. Army and Navy!

It's sad that the current SOE is preventing these teams from playing, but I think excluding them might be necessary.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 10:51:20 AM »
Army and Navy does play in the NFL?
Wha u smoking dey??

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 11:14:27 AM »

No disrespect to Carter, but I love it when men make unqualified statements like this. Please take a look at the American Rugby, um National Football League or NFL. Their league has two military teams in their league roster.. Army and Navy!

It's sad that the current SOE is preventing these teams from playing, but I think excluding them might be necessary.

Army and Navy field their best teams at College level. i.e. amateurs.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 11:23:58 AM »
I agree with Carter on this one.

They play for their salaries and 50% of the players are not true professionals.

Anyone see Coops, since Flex comments to him in the 2011 pro league thread he disappeared.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 12:09:53 PM by Sando »

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 11:27:53 AM »

No disrespect to u eh starboy, but you making an unqualified statement. Those two military teams yuh torking bout are fall een as college teams as they both are Academy's..... and yuh cutting orf de Air Force Academy wings as dem does play football....ooops Rugby too.  :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 11:53:46 AM »
I'm not sure if this is still the case since the break up of the Soviet Union, but many Eastern European teams were army teams. Not sure if they won any silverware, but I do remember some of these teams playing in European competitions.

I have never agreed with state sponsored teams as it does give an unfair advantage and is also a good way of securing players by offering job security. But theres no doubt DF have produced talent in the past, Carlos Edwards, Dennis Lawrence and Devon Josling to name 3. At this time, Pro League needs these teams so that a workable league can exist. If Pro League can ever grow to attract real sponsorship, then there may be a case for removing the state teams.

And don't forget, if DF & Police are made to leave, the same will happen to T&TEC and WASA, if they get promoted.

Another advantage of state teams are supporters. I'm willing to bet that the T&TEC supporters didn't have to purchase the yellow shirts they were wearing!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 11:54:49 AM »

No disrespect to u eh starboy, but you making an unqualified statement. Those two military teams yuh torking bout are fall een as college teams as they both are Academy's..... and yuh cutting orf de Air Force Academy wings as dem does play football....ooops Rugby too.  :beermug: :beermug:

People playing ketch, CarenageBoy playing hide and seek, but he alone hiding.  :yellowcard:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 11:55:54 AM »

Front runner for de Davy Jenny Award
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 11:57:56 AM by futbolfan »
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 01:27:14 PM »

Army and Navy field their best teams at College level. i.e. amateurs.

OK, I coming out of hiding. I stand corrected dey boy! I de one making unqualified statements :-[

However, I must stick to the point that we're not the only league with military teams playing professionally at the football level. Please see the link below:

Military football team demands stronger support from K-League
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/sports/2011/07/136_90891.html

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 01:35:46 PM »
I now coming to roast CarenageBoy... especially since he trying to dog one ah de best sports in the world, but ah see nuff men done set him straight.  As for Carter... maybe I missing something, but what "problems" the teams causing in the league?

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 02:32:27 PM »
I now coming to roast CarenageBoy... especially since he trying to dog one ah de best sports in the world, but ah see nuff men done set him straight.  As for Carter... maybe I missing something, but what "problems" the teams causing in the league?

Wait nah man! What make you tink I go dog de beautiful game ;D. I doh care about Yankee Rugby!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 02:33:40 PM »

Wait nah man! What make you tink I go dog de beautiful game ;D. I doh care about Yankee Rugby!

Ah say "one of de best"... not DE best  ;)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jabloteh apologise for "Spiderman" statements
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 03:06:04 PM »
Jabloteh apologise for "Spiderman" statements
ctntworld.com

San Juan Jabloteh's Board of Directors has rejected totally Earl "Spiderman" Carter's statement that Defence Force and Police should be dropped from the T&T Pro League.

The former T&T goalkeeper made the statement in an interview with a daily newspaper after both teams pulled out of the start of the 2011-2012 T&T Pro League season.

On Tuesday, the Board of Adam's Construction San Juan Jabloteh sough to distance themselves from Carter's statement.

In a statement from the club signed by General secretary Azard M. Khan: "Mr. Carter was not speaking on behalf of the Board and the club. We want to reiterate that Adam's Construction San Juan Jabloteh fully support these two clubs in the League, and appreciate the contributions made and that of which they will continue to make with their participation in the TT Pro League."

San Juan Jabloteh's release continued: "We apologise for any distress that these statements may have caused and wish the Defence Force and Police all the best in their endeavours and a speedy return to the Professional League."

There is still no word as to when both teams will resume activity within the league.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 03:13:27 PM »
I was expecting something like this. Right or wrong Spiderman doing plenty talking before he have a single game in hand. He spend plenty time away and must be forget what kind of backslapping, hush-yu-arse-and-do-what-we-say, old boys club he was stepping back into. If was Terry Fenwick they would'nt dare do him that
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 03:47:55 PM »
I understand where Carter coming from. The Df/Police has been an integral part of TT football from the early 60's or so. In those days there were no pro teams as such, so it did not matter that much. Now we have a struggling "pro" league. This leaugue is virually rock bottom in terms of attendance, sponsorship and for this to happen now could be the final nail in the coffin. This league is supposed to run like a business. With these teams out for a while or the rest of the season has caused uncertainty and confusion. Honestly, I cannot see why they cannot play. Is not the whole army going to play. yes the same can be said about TTec and WASA. In a national emergency, some or most of thos guys will have to attend  issues at hand. If this is going to be the case, then do away with the proleague and go back to semi pro. Don't try to be something we can't be.

In the eastern Euro and China, the arm services used to have teams in the their respective league. Dynamo Kiev was a very good team. I think they won Cup-Winners Cup. There was an Dynamo team from East germany also may have won the Cup-Winners Cup. The only military team to win the EuroCL is propably Steau Bucharest of Romania. But things have chaned in that part of the world.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jabloteh separates itself from views expressed by Carter to oust Defence Force
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 07:41:57 PM »
Jabloteh separates itself from views expressed by Carter to oust Defence Force, Police
ttproleague.com

Adam’s Construction San Juan Jabloteh head coach Earl Carter is of the clear opinion that Defence Force FC and Police FC should be permanently dropped from the TT Pro League according to a newspaper report on Tuesday.

But in a follow-up press release, Jabloteh separated itself from the views expressed by the head coach.

The release stated; “The Board of Directors of Adam’s Construction San Juan Jabloteh rejects totally, the position enunciated by the Technical Director Mr. Earl Carter in which he states, “Defence Force and Police to be permanently dropped from the TT Pro League.”

“Mr. Carter was not speaking on behalf of the Board and the club. We want to reiterate that Adam’s Construction San Juan Jabloteh fully support these two clubs in the League, and appreciate the contributions made and that of which they will continue to make with their participation in the TT Pro League.

“We apologize for any distress that these statements may have caused and wish the Defence Force and Police all the best in their endeavors and a speedy return to the Professional League,” ended the release.

According to the newspaper article, Carter said the step could be one of many that must be taken if the TT Pro League is to survive as a professional football league.

His argument included, “The concept of the TT Pro League did not have the Army/Coast Guard combination and Police as part of its design.

“This is the only country in the world that has the protective services as part of their professional football league.

“Defence Force and Police do not comprise professional footballers and should not be allowed to play in the Pro League.

“They have no problem with respect to money and payment because they are playing for their salaries, but they are not professional footballers. It is because of their inclusion in the league that is causing the problems today.”

Jabloteh’s opening match this season against Police scheduled for last Saturday was postponed because of the current state of emergency, which has placed members of the protective services on the alert.

“They have to do their jobs first,” Carter said.

Carter who stood out for the Strike Squad in 1989 in their failed attempt to reach the finals of World Cup Italia 1990, also called on Pro League officials to take the teams back to the communities.

“The same players you would say do not look as good players, would show a total difference when they are placed in a community-based team.”

In addition Carter also called for the education of coaches to be mandatory in the development of the game in T&T.

“What we need is to have the country’s best coaches at the youth levels.

“Let them coach at the primary and secondary schools so that the development programmes will be strong.

Players will come out with a command of the basic skills of the game, better than what we are seeing today.”

The former acrobatic goalie also appealed to League officials, the Government and corporate Trinidad and Tobago to make every effort to keep the Pro League alive.

He outlined a number of factors which have led to teams dropping out of the league.

Chief among them was financial instability and the inability by clubs to attain gate receipts because of the current structure of the league.

“When a club is unable to receive monies from gate receipts, it spells trouble for that team.”

He said the death of the Pro League would not only throw a number of players on the bread line, but would also throw football back by 40 years.

He reminded officials that when a team is removed from the community they were formed in, you also take away that support base that would help them generate finance.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
League supports Armed Services
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 07:43:40 PM »
League supports Armed Services
ttproleague.com

The TT Pro league has noted the comments made by Earl Carter, with reference to two of its shareholders, Defence Force and Police FC who have both contributed to football beyond question.

Pro League CEO Dexter Skeene confirmed that he spoke with Jerry Hospedales, chairman of Adam’s Construction San Juan Jabloteh, who gave the assurance that the views expressed by Earl Carter are not that of the club’s board of directors.

Skeene said that he was a little concerned initially, however, his discussions with the Jabloteh chairman allayed any previous concerns.

The former national footballer said, “I wish to reiterate that the contribution, commitment and dedication of Defence Force and Police to professional football and TT Pro League in particular, cannot be questioned and is un-paralleled in the case of the Defence Force Football Club’s record of success.”

Skeene further stated that, “Mr. Carter’s stay away from Trinidad and Tobago may have created some gaps, as history would show that the success of the Defence Force and Police Football Clubs as well as the opportunities that they have afforded young footballers speaks for itself.

“Few organizations have, in a tangible way, displayed the commitment to talented sports men as these organizations have.

“They have given both young men and women the opportunity to build a career on and off the field e.g. Carlos Edwards, Jason Scotland, Dennis Lawrence, Devon Jorsling and Lincoln Phillips.”

He ended by saying that the Armed Services being involved in sport is well established throughout the world.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 09:15:27 PM »
Spiderman talking nonsense. These teams at least have players who getting a regular salary, in a small island where people not supporting the league. The league need these teams.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 09:17:34 PM »

He explained that Defence Force and Police do not comprise professional footballers and should not be allowed to play in the Pro League.

El Nacional (Club Deportivo El Nacional) and ESPOLI from Ecuador are governed by the military and the police respectively. Nacional fields only Ecuadoran players. They produced Antonio Valencia. I imagine these days they benefit from sell-on clauses. They also had Edison Mendez, Agustin Delgado and Chucho Benitez in their ranks at one time or another. Think about their contributions to the 2002 and 2006 World Cups.

I think the the players on the team are not necessarily soldiers, but the club is run by personnel from the uniformed services. Interesting model.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 04:48:13 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 09:25:30 PM »
Carter is not talking nonsense. The pro-league is struggling. how can you run a proper pro league like this? Do away with the league make it semi-pro. Let's not fool ourselves. Actually it is probably  semi-pro and we don't want to admit it. What if we were to go back to the national league, what would be the difference. Jack cronies running things anyways. If they tell Dexter to stop football for a tournament, he will do it.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 09:27:50 PM »

El Nacional (Club Deportivo El Nacional) and ESPOLI from Ecuador are governed by the military and the police respectively. Nacional fields only Ecuadorian players. They produced Antonio Valencia. I imagine these days they benefit from sell-on clauses. They also had Edison Mendez, Agustin Delgado and Chucho Benitez in their ranks at one time or another. Think about their contributions to the 2002 and 2006 World Cups.

I think the the players on the team are not necessarily soldiers, but the club is run by personnel from the uniformed services. Interesting model.

Maybe the Army and Police should do that. hire guys to play sports and do clerical duties.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 09:31:21 PM by Deeks »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 10:50:40 PM »
Carter is not talking nonsense. The pro-league is struggling. how can you run a proper pro league like this? Do away with the league make it semi-pro. Let's not fool ourselves. Actually it is probably  semi-pro and we don't want to admit it. What if we were to go back to the national league, what would be the difference. Jack cronies running things anyways. If they tell Dexter to stop football for a tournament, he will do it.

You may not agree with a professional league, but if it goes there will be a vacuum. As much as people criticise the league, at least its attempting to put some glamour into football. I would really like you to have a conversation with the 200 people who earn a living from the Pro League, so you can explain why they should be unemployed. Making it semi pro will reduce sponsorship and mean many players and staff will not be able to rely of football for an income. It will also have an effect on the National team as fewer players will get moves abroad and will not gain big match experience.

Carter should pack his bags and leave if he doesn't like the league. He was happy enough overseas, so why come back just to criticise? He, and you Deeks, are part of the reason the Pro League isn't more successful. People trying to do something positive and all you can do is criticise. I also feel its unfair for state owned teams to compete, but at this time, we need them as there is not enough money in football to support 8-10 private teams. 

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2011, 12:35:21 AM »

You may not agree with a professional league, but if it goes there will be a vacuum. As much as people criticise the league, at least its attempting to put some glamour into football. I would really like you to have a conversation with the 200 people who earn a living from the Pro League, so you can explain why they should be unemployed. Making it semi pro will reduce sponsorship and mean many players and staff will not be able to rely of football for an income. It will also have an effect on the National team as fewer players will get moves abroad and will not gain big match experience.

Carter should pack his bags and leave if he doesn't like the league. He was happy enough overseas, so why come back just to criticise? He, and you Deeks, are part of the reason the Pro League isn't more successful. People trying to do something positive and all you can do is criticise. I also feel its unfair for state owned teams to compete, but at this time, we need them as there is not enough money in football to support 8-10 private teams. 

Bro, I have supported football in TT. From minor league to pro. I played in the old posfl and 2nd div.  national league. I am proud to say, most of these games had more people than the current league. I was an amateur. I never got a cent in return. Yet I am not and have never been, and will never be resentful of the pro-league and players. That is why I have steadfastly back the Soca Warriors from the get go. All the years I have been in TT, I have never got a free ticket to a game. I have always paid with my OWN money to see intercol, posfl games, North/South, national team Olimpic and WC. Contrary to what some people may say about Trinis like freeness, we used to PAY we MONEY to see ball in GeoV, St. Mary's, PSA and the Oval. Fortunately for you, you can make a living in TT, I could not. So all I can do for football is moral support. When the team come up stateside, I does travel up and down to see them play and see them lose and then jump up in the riddim section. There is not much I can do for football while I in foreign. If they have a video streaming of the games, I would gladly pay a subcription to view the games.

I know Carter will get plastered for what he said. But he has played and work in a pro environment. The man just expressing his fustration with the situation. I guess he should just shut up and be a regular Trini and go and drink ah rum under ah coconut tree.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2011, 01:01:37 AM »
I know Carter will get plastered for what he said. But he has played and work in a pro environment. The man just expressing his fustration with the situation. I guess he should just shut up and be a regular Trini and go and drink ah rum under ah coconut tree.

Deeks, Carter was my favorite local player when I was younger... but the man talking shit, plain and simple.  How is DF and Police leaving going to benefit the Pro League?  Alternatively, how is their presence a detriment?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Defence Force women also barred from playing.
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2011, 05:20:59 AM »
T&T Express Reports.

LIKE their male counterparts, the Defence Force women footballers have been prevented from competing due to the current State of Emergency.

The Defence Force women have temporarily pulled out of the Lucky Bakery Women's Super League.

And the curfew associated with the State of Emergency has also affected North Coast United, who pulled out because they are unable to return home in time after their matches.

The Lucky Bakery Women's Super League was due to resume on Friday, but no referees showed up.

On Saturday, Titans won by default after Arima Giants did not show up with enough players to form a team.

Real Dimension are now leaders of the league after scoring a default 3-0 win over North Coast United and then whipping Trinicity Nationals in the late match on Saturday.

UPCOMING LUCKY BAKERY WOMEN'S SUPER LEAGUE MATCH:

Friday September 16

5.30 p.m.–San Juan Jabloteh vs Tunapuna Titans, Barataria Oval
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2011, 11:53:00 AM »
T&T Express Reports.

LIKE their male counterparts, the Defence Force women footballers have been prevented from competing due to the current State of Emergency.

The Defence Force women have temporarily pulled out of the Lucky Bakery Women's Super League.

And the curfew associated with the State of Emergency has also affected North Coast United, who pulled out because they are unable to return home in time after their matches.

The Lucky Bakery Women's Super League was due to resume on Friday, but no referees showed up.

On Saturday, Titans won by default after Arima Giants did not show up with enough players to form a team.

Real Dimension are now leaders of the league after scoring a default 3-0 win over North Coast United and then whipping Trinicity Nationals in the late match on Saturday.

UPCOMING LUCKY BAKERY WOMEN'S SUPER LEAGUE MATCH:

Friday September 16

5.30 p.m.–San Juan Jabloteh vs Tunapuna Titans, Barataria Oval

This could have been avoided.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2011, 03:45:53 PM »
North Coast, Police  ??? in Monteco semis

Published: Wed, 2011-09-14 03:25
Nigel Simon

Police and North Coast United completed the semifinal line-up in the Santa Cruz Football Organisation’s Monteco Cup with contrasting victories in their quarterfinal matches at the Brian Lara Recreation Ground, Sam Boucaud, Lower Santa Cruz, on Sunday. In the day’s opener, Police overcame River Plate 3-2 in sudden-death penalty kicks after both teams had battled to a 0-0 draw in their 80-minute clash. North Coast United, meanwhile upstaged the previously unbeaten Fire Service 2-1 with goals from Kevin Hernandez and Damien Williams to cancel out Shervon Edwards’ effort. In the semifinals to be played on September 24, Police will meet Dathea from 2 pm while North Coast tackles Back Street, two hours later.

On Saturday, goalkeeper David Rodriguez saved two penalties to lead Dathea past Hot Shots 2-0 in the penalty shoot-out after both clubs played to a 2-2 draw. Curtly Dodds and Dion Peters netted for Hot Shots in regulation time while Joseph Holland and Ricardo Jones got Dathea’s replies, to send the match into penalty kicks. Back Street’s Sterling O’Brien scored a late penalty to lead his team past San Juan/San Juan 3-2. Curlon George and Kerry Daniel were the other scorers for Back Street while Richard “Shaka” Roy and Marvin Joseph netted for San Juan/San Juan. The semifinal winners will battle it out for the $10,000 top prize while second will collect $5,000, third $2,500 and fourth, $1,500. Meanwhile the knockout competition kicked off yesterday as Look We faced Dathea.

Final Group Standings

Group A
Teams    P    W    D    L    F    A    Pts
Hot Shots    3    2    0    1    6    2    6
San Juan/San Juan    3    2    0    1    4    3    6
Sam Boucaud    3    1    1    1    5    6    4
Bourg Mulatresse    3    0    1    2    3    7    1

Group B
Back Street    3    2    0    1    13    2    7
Dathea    3    1    0    2    12    3    5
Pipiol    3    1    0    2    4    7    4
NASC    3    0    0    3    1    18    0

Group C
Police    3    3    0    0    15    3    9
North Coast    3    1    1    1    6    2    4
La Pastora    3    1    1    1    4    7    4
Look We    3    0    0    3    4    17    0

Group D
Fire Service    3    3    0    0    13    5    9
River Plate    3    2    0    1    15    4    6
Blackford St    3    1    0    2    7    11    3
Bon Air    3    0    0    3    3    18    0

Quarterfinal Results

Saturday:
Hot Shots 2 (Curtly Dodds, Dion Peters) vs Dathea 2 (Joseph Holland, Ricardo Jones) - Dathea won 2-0 on penalty-kicks.

Back Street 3 (Curlon George, Kerry Daniel, Sterling O’Brien) vs San Juan/San Juan 2 (Richard Roy, Marvin Joseph).

Sunday:
Police 0 vs River Plate 0 - Police won 3-2 on sudden-death penalties

North Coast 2 (Kevin Hernandez, Damien Williams) vs Fire Service 1 (Shervon Edwards).

Upcoming Matches

Semifinals

September 24:
Dathea vs Police/River Plate, 2 pm
Back Street vs Fire Service/North Coast Utd, 4 pm

Round-of-16 knockout fixtures:
NB: All matches begin at 4.15pm.

Today: Bourg Mulatresse vs Pipiol
Tomorrow: Hot Shots vs Fire Service
September 17: Police vs Blackford Street
September 18: La Pastora vs NASC
September 20: North Coast Utd vs Back Street
September 21: San Juan/San Juan vs Bon Air Strikers
September 22: Sam Boucaud vs River Plate
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 03:47:38 PM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2011, 12:17:18 PM »
Carter put his foot in his mouth! He started out on the wrong foot! He thinks this is a real Pro league! There are few supporters and this league is being artificially kept with teams which are able to participate and players such as those in the defence force and Police have a guaranteed salary so they can play!
It is not a good look that the management has distanced himself from Carter's statement!

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2011, 01:34:55 PM »
Carter put his foot in his mouth! He started out on the wrong foot! He thinks this is a real Pro league! There are few supporters and this league is being artificially kept with teams which are able to participate and players such as those in the defence force and Police have a guaranteed salary so they can play!
It is not a good look that the management has distanced  itself from Carter's statement!

1]; } ?>