April 28, 2024, 05:08:57 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Bermuda Game (02-Sept-11).  (Read 89509 times)

Offline Born Again!

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Bermuda Game (02-Sept-11).
« Reply #540 on: September 02, 2011, 04:13:26 PM »
One thing that crops up over and over again is the silence of the home crowd when compared to other teams. I honestly believe that we should stick to our culture and bring the rhythm section vibe through bottle and spoon and iron coupled with the drumming whether it be congo drum or tassa drum. I think we tend to forget that we have a history of percussion and horn rather than chants like the English or Europeans. Dais just my humble opinion.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 02, 2011, 04:13:45 PM »

what time is the feed coming on CTV?
Good question

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 02, 2011, 04:14:14 PM »
I will take the 3 points. I think that these games will allow us to get the best 11 together. We need to get our act together but we have time to sort things out. Stand outs. Roberts, Power and it seems like Daniel added something. Stern did what he does best and showed lots of heart in light of the death of his mum. Looking forward to the late feed on CTV. Can Warner be as poor as the commentators indicated???

what time is the feed coming on CTV?

Whatever time they decide to bring it!!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 02, 2011, 04:17:37 PM »
Concretizing   the team

oh larrrdoooo. ah was thinkin de same ting.! dem fellas win yes.

I guess it's a word.   ;D
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 02, 2011, 04:19:12 PM »
19 pages in a thread for a game against bermuda. we desperate indeed!
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 02, 2011, 04:20:34 PM »
pelleruud say limited chances

could be because of the lack of a creative presence in the mid, will have to wait and see after i watch the match

HardHectorist

zero football intelligence as usual from fair weather fans  8)

So Pfister have zero football intelligence too? Or he fighting down them men? I surprised you ent add Jagdeosingh to your love list.

just shows your lack of football intelligence yet again, jagdeo is a ball winner, i never asked for him on the side in a creative role

when fellahs like big mag, shotta and jus cool repeat what i am saying, men will agree and discuss it, but since it coming from a poster who don't like you will talk your nonsense as usual

your predictable  8)

Every coach we have ever had is NEVER able to do the scouting you can do from your couch, and always leaves out the key player. You ever coach any team in your life? Allyuh ever win anything?

I am always willing to give a coach the benefit of the doubt, especially in his first competitive game. He has a plan, he picks players that he think can best execute his plan, and if he feels the need for adjustments, they will be made. We may disagree on all of this, but your response to any T&T issue is to incessantly post about the dire need for the inclusion of whatever player have you in heat.

You want to talk about predictable?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 02, 2011, 04:29:18 PM »
felllahs...so we ha 3 points on de board, and some good keeping from them short big belly men...

But all in all...why do you all think we aint did a better job of finishing them off...

from de commentary i could only come up with 2 answers:
1- First game and players jess needtuh gel, and
2- Players playing in the wrong position...

Stand out from the commentary was Sean Power, and Keon Daniel and C Edwards had a nice lil chemistry on the field.

Tinto was a lil troublesome for the bermudians, and DR was jess class...stern was solid and KJ was also trmenting the defence it sounds like.

They say that birchie wasnt a stand out, but he was where he needed to be when called upon, and he had one bad pass.

They say that JJ was pretty solid too...it sounding loike over-all the team was decent...but for the fact...i'd reiterate point 1 nd 2! :beermug:
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #547 on: September 02, 2011, 04:31:31 PM »

could be because of the lack of a creative presence in the mid, will have to wait and see after i watch the match

HardHectorist

So Pfister have zero football intelligence too? Or he fighting down them men? I surprised you ent add Jagdeosingh to your love list.

just shows your lack of football intelligence yet again, jagdeo is a ball winner, i never asked for him on the side in a creative role

when fellahs like big mag, shotta and jus cool repeat what i am saying, men will agree and discuss it, but since it coming from a poster who don't like you will talk your nonsense as usual

your predictable  8)

Every coach we have ever had is NEVER able to do the scouting you can do from your couch, and always leaves out the key player. You ever coach any team in your life? Allyuh ever win anything?

I am always willing to give a coach the benefit of the doubt, especially in his first competitive game. He has a plan, he picks players that he think can best execute his plan, and if he feels the need for adjustments, they will be made. We may disagree on all of this, but your response to any T&T issue is to incessantly post about the dire need for the inclusion of whatever player have you in heat.

i have coached and won before, not football but in other sports, i trust pfister is doing the right thing overall but that doesn't mean i will agree with 100% of his selections and non selections

every coach is subject to analysis, the missing element in our football over the years has been a creative mid, latas filled that role for many years, now we are starving in that position and you don't need to watch more than 2 games to see it

people may hate my approach but its for the best of the team, this is a discussion board, if posters hate certain discussions, ignore it, skip the comment, mind your business, its as easy as that, i talk the truth and the truth is we are missing a key ingredient in our mid, whether you like what i am saying or not

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 02, 2011, 04:33:53 PM »
congrats guys, seems like bermuda was more concerned abt the cerfew and their safety than some stupid wcq.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #549 on: September 02, 2011, 04:36:54 PM »
congrats guys, seems like bermuda was more concerned abt the cerfew and their safety than some stupid wcq.

give we a rundown on whether tt had a creative presence in the mid? ???

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 02, 2011, 04:41:16 PM »
ok EVERYONE.... Relax. Bermuda came for a draw and was fouling we men left right and center... They park the bus but we still score. No matter how much we score is still 3 points.

2 games, 2 clean sheets, 2 wins and ppl still complaining..

Keep in mind this is the first game senior foriegn based has played in over ah year for tnt in international football that is way different from club ones.

I am pleased. And I feel good.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 02, 2011, 04:43:03 PM »

HardHectorist

your predictable  8)

i have coached and won before, not football but in other sports, i trust pfister is doing the right thing overall but that doesn't mean i will agree with 100% of his selections and non selections

every coach is subject to analysis, the missing element in our football over the years has been a creative mid, latas filled that role for many years, now we are starving in that position and you don't need to watch more than 2 games to see it

people may hate my approach but its for the best of the team, this is a discussion board, if posters hate certain discussions, ignore it, skip the comment, mind your business, its as easy as that, i talk the truth and the truth is we are missing a key ingredient in our mid, whether you like what i am saying or not

Right, you posting on the board here is "for the best of the team". Coach reading it on his iphone right now.

If you provide cogent and insightful analysis, we would welcome it, but you always start off carrying water for whatever player you feel is being slighted by the fools who coach the game.

Tell me, who is the USA's creative midfielder?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 02, 2011, 04:44:16 PM »
AH TAKING THAT WIN

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 02, 2011, 04:45:34 PM »
people may hate my approach but its for the best of the team

Lemme ask you to clarify instead of jumping down your throat. Are you implying here that your overall approach to the team is better than Otto Pfister's? And is this not the man that you put faith in to solve ALL our problems?
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 02, 2011, 04:46:56 PM »

Lemme ask you to clarify instead of jumping down your throat. Are you implying here that your overall approach to the team is better than Otto Pfister's? And is this not the man that you put faith in to solve ALL our problems?

alyuh have patients an energy oui
I pity the fool....

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: September 02, 2011, 05:04:58 PM »

Leave ZANDOLIE alone, I like the question!  8)

Just checking now to see if Controv is still online!

Just confirmed that he is still online so I waiting to see what he comes back with!  :beermug:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 05:07:25 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 02, 2011, 05:08:37 PM »
Thank God for 3 points.  We still need to improve.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 02, 2011, 05:12:32 PM »
Concretizing   the team

oh larrrdoooo. ah was thinkin de same ting.! dem fellas win yes.

I guess it's a word.   ;D
yeh but preacher yuh think he knew that when he used it?  lolol
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 02, 2011, 05:18:01 PM »
Lets give TT the benefit for this match,it was their first serious match with a mixture of the overseas and the homegrown and surely its not that easy to gel 100% in a match like this.I expect us to even show better against Bim and be more consistent by the third and fourth matches.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 02, 2011, 05:18:38 PM »

Just confirmed that he is still online so I waiting to see what he comes back with!  :beermug:

i have one on top of dat for Contro when he finish with that one. I saw Manutd play arsenal 00 or 03. hit dem 6-1 De midfield comprised of (from right to left) Beckham, Keane, Scholes, butt  
Question: who is de creative mid in dat lineup? and please don't tell me scholes!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 02, 2011, 05:21:03 PM »
trinidad and tobago need to televise this game on tv. just live usa and mexico. they need the support badly. lets c on tuesday. and they will be a lot of changes in the next game.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #561 on: September 02, 2011, 05:22:01 PM »

where did i say my approach to the team is better than pfister?

i stated that i agree with his overall approach so far but it doesn't mean that i will agree with 100% of his selections, imo i believe we need a creative mid, angus eve also expressed the need as well in the middle.

mr bitter cassava jumped on the thread and brought up players i supported in the past and implied i was on some sort of crusade.

this is a discussion board, i stated my opinion on the team, just like anyone else would, i put my faith in God not pfister, i trust pfister will do well for the team and is world class, it doesn't mean he is not liable to mistakes in selection, no coach is perfect, it doesn't mean he won't guide the team to a world cup.

however, with that being said it also doesn't mean that we won't disagree with certain decisions he makes.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 05:33:17 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #562 on: September 02, 2011, 05:26:11 PM »

HardHectorist

your predictable  8)

Right, you posting on the board here is "for the best of the team". Coach reading it on his iphone right now.

If you provide cogent and insightful analysis, we would welcome it, but you always start off carrying water for whatever player you feel is being slighted by the fools who coach the game.

Tell me, who is the USA's creative midfielder?

can't really name an outstanding creative mid for USA, they never really had one historically speaking.

but we are not the USA and we have mids that are creative enough to make a major difference, so why not use them in our strategy

if pfister is successful without a creative mid on the pitch, then I am happy for the team, but imo i would like to see us play with one in the middle

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #563 on: September 02, 2011, 05:27:10 PM »

are you one of their patients or is it patience?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #564 on: September 02, 2011, 05:32:11 PM »

i have one on top of dat for Contro when he finish with that one. I saw Manutd play arsenal 00 or 03. hit dem 6-1 De midfield comprised of (from right to left) Beckham, Keane, Scholes, butt  
Question: who is de creative mid in dat lineup? and please don't tell me scholes!

i remember that game and the scoreline. beckham crosses the ball extremely well, is good on dead balls and can pass well, so i don't understand what point you are trying to make, its almost as if you are saying, play 4 defensive mids and we can still out score a side in an international match.

club football is not international football, as many know on here. it may have worked for man u at that point in time but it is not guaranteed to work for us in intl football, especially a wcq.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 05:39:50 PM by Controversial »

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 02, 2011, 05:35:08 PM »
Just saw some highlights on C, didn't even mention showing.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #566 on: September 02, 2011, 05:39:29 PM »
trinidad and tobago need to televise this game on tv. just live usa and mexico. they need the support badly. lets c on tuesday. and they will be a lot of changes in the next game.

all sport and ttff are wasting the fans time with these radio broadcasts like if it is the 19th century to early 20th century

we should be able to see at least every home match live >:(

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 02, 2011, 05:39:52 PM »
Contro, i'll say this before i finally go and sleep! I understand exactly where yuh coming from with this particular argument but i pointed out that manutd team to confirm your point as well as to dispatch with the conventional # 10 syndrome. Scholes, keane, Beckham and the least Butt could play with the ball at their feet, be strong in de mid and make a pass to save their lives.

Out of the 4, there was no distinct # 10 in the bunch. Yes Keane was kinda like de hatchet man but yuh  could still see him running down line and whippin it in to Dwight. yh could still see scholes ressin blade and beckham dribbling up the middle though he is a flankman.

I thought with birchall, hyland, Keon Daniel and carlos we could accomplish dis and mabe in time but Birchall could become more scholes like. Hyland have to be more Keane like. Carlos is definitely Beckham like and K. daniel does dribble more than Butt.

Yet still no distinct # 10 and dat was possibly de best Manutd team right dey.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 02, 2011, 05:44:24 PM »
highlights coming up, stay tuned
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 02, 2011, 05:47:39 PM »
highlights on tv6 for foreign based NOW
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>