April 28, 2024, 05:30:45 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Bermuda Game (02-Sept-11).  (Read 89454 times)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Boucaud called up for World Cup Qualifiers
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2011, 05:32:40 PM »
Here's a quote from an email message Andre Boucaud sent to SocaWarriors.net.

"Thanks for the email, I appreciate the interviews an puttin my name back in the fold, its nice to hear you're all behind me. i'll do my best to not let you guys down. Thanks Andre"

Way to go Cuz. We can't wait for you to get your day in the sun. and with de game playing at 4:30pm ah hope yuh preparing for that sun in truth!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Bermuda Game (02-Sept-11).
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2011, 04:12:18 AM »
Bermuda gathers stars for Soca Warriors.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Bermuda has assembled a national team squad packed with professional experience for their World Cup qualifying campaign, including UK-based trio Nahki Wells, Reggie Lambe and Freddy Hall. Bradford City striker, Wells, Northampton Town goalkeeper, Hall, and ex-Ipswich Town winger, Lambe, are all expected to make the trip to Port-of-Spain for Bermuda’s opening qualifier on September 2 against Trinidad and Tobago.

Also named in the provisional 40-man squad are ex-pros Khano Smith and John Barry Nusum who helped inspire the Gombey Warriors to a shock victory in Trinidad three years ago. Mark Wade, Bermuda Football Association’s player development committee chairman, said he was confident the Island’s top players would make themselves available for all six of the national team’s Group B matches.  “At the moment we’re doing our due diligence and checking on the availability of all the players included on our list. That includes the overseas professionals who have been named in the squad,” said Wade.

Overseeing Bermuda’s qualifying campaign will be National Academy coaches Devarr Boyles, Scott Morton, Gary Darrell and Maurice Lowe, who have spent the past two seasons working with Bermuda Hogges’ players. One of these coaches is expected to be named as the team’s head coach at tonight’s BFA awards presentation—a decision largely based on each candidate’s availability due to work commitments. It’s understood the BFA might also seek advice from coaches outside the Academy stable to help them plot Trinidad’s downfall. “Scott Morton is currently the only National Academy coach on the Island, but all of our Academy coaches will be involved in the team’s preparations,” Wade said.

“Our National Academy coaches have been working with our national team players as part of the Bermuda Hogges set up for the past two years, so we’re not concerned about our preparations. We’re also working on a few other things which will be announced shortly.” En-route to Trinidad, Bermuda’s squad are likely to set up a training camp in Florida, a favourite pre-qualifying haunt of the national team, where they could play as many as three friendlies.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2011, 04:55:42 AM »
Soca,you see what i told you,once Football start you going to loose all your Foot soldiers,Trinis love their Football and nothing going to stop that,come on relax and join us and support the boys,we will deal with Camps and them afterwards,look how all them blacklisted players playing and you still there worrying about they eh get their money etc etc right now we worried about crowd that's our main concern (support)  ;D ;D

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2011, 06:18:01 AM »
Up to now i eh here who going and who listening to the game on Radio,what about the WN flag,our boys playing.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2011, 07:32:08 AM »
Up to now i eh here who going and who listening to the game on Radio,what about the WN flag,our boys playing.

I GO B DEY
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2011, 08:15:05 AM »

I GO B DEY
      I know you are a trooper,i'm not worried about you. :beermug:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2011, 08:23:49 AM »
Soca,you see what i told you,once Football start you going to loose all your Foot soldiers,Trinis love their Football and nothing going to stop that,come on relax and join us and support the boys,we will deal with Camps and them afterwards,look how all them blacklisted players playing and you still there worrying about they eh get their money etc etc right now we worried about crowd that's our main concern (support)  ;D ;D

I'm grudgingly supporting them so no need to worry about that!

Just hope our new squad gets paid for their services as this is their living but according to our MoS the guys should be paid directly so hopefully they should get their money on time for a change.  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2011, 08:36:10 AM »

Just hope our new squad gets paid for their services as this is their living but according to our MoS the guys should be paid directly so hopefully they should get their money on time for a change.  :beermug:

U 4get he and Scamps kiss and make up.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2011, 08:44:15 AM »

The man that made they promise eh their no more,is ah new chief we have so doh worry about that,you forget transparency the boss say he paying direct. 

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2011, 04:35:44 PM »

The man that made they promise eh their no more,is ah new chief we have so doh worry about that,you forget transparency the boss say he paying direct. 

That smoke screen does not work as the promise was made on behalf of the TTFF! Until those players get paid what they are owed I want to see whoever is in charge at the TTFF either announce they are going to pay-up by a specific deadline that the players are happy with or resign in disgrace!

Also regards transparency, we all know that there will be no such thing from the TTFF while Camps is the president and if he had any intension of turning a new page then the courts would have seen proper accounts by now and our 2006 warriors would not still be waiting for their 2006 WC bonuses!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 07:24:28 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2011, 07:16:14 PM »
dont know if this was mentioned but does anyone know the ticket prices?
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2011, 07:54:51 PM »

same as India 100 and 200

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2011, 08:08:50 PM »

same as India 100 and 200

niceness. thanks weary
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2011, 12:23:34 PM »
bermuda i s bring a pro team to the national team of tnt wow. i hope tnt will show game on tv.....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tucker excited by senior call-up
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2011, 12:24:20 PM »
By Stephen Wright (Royal Gazzette)

Kenwyne Jones, Stern John, Carlos Edwards and Jason Scotland are just some of the star figures Bermuda’s players are likely to come face-to-face with at the Hasley Crawford Stadium next Friday.

But Tucker believes it’s up to Bermuda to make life uncomfortable for the favourites and has no fear of his team-mates being overwhelmed by the occasion, especially as many of them played in their country’s 2-1 win in Trinidad three years ago.

“I’m not going off the names of their players or anything like that,” said the Dandy Town defender. “It’s challenge but at the end of the day the game is played on the field. I’ll just go out there and stick to my own game, if I get out on the pitch.

“I’m excited about being involved, especially with our first game against Trinidad which is going to be a tough one. Hopefully our boys will give a good showing of themselves. I think we could go down there and nick a point, maybe even three.”

The 27-year-old hasn’t been part of the national team programme since the under-17 level when he played in World Cup qualifiers in Trinidad. He said he was feeling confident having had one of his best ever seasons last term with the Hornets, which he believed had convinced Devarr Boyles he was worth a call-up.

“I was involved at the under-17 level in the World Cup qualifiers in Trinidad when we came second but didn’t make it to the next stage,” said Tucker.

“It’s been quite a long time that I haven’t been involved in the system; it nice to be back though. I had a good season with Dandy Town and I’m guessing the coaches liked what they saw and called me up.”

The kick-off time for Bermuda’s match against the Soca Warriors has been changed from 7pm to 4.30pm after the Trinidad and Tobago Government upgraded its limited state of emergency into a full scale one. This year there have been 280 murders in Trinidad, including 48 last weekend.

Meanwhile, Bermuda’s second qualifier against Guyana on September 6 has been switched from a home tie to an away game. The 20-man squad will now head straight to Guyana after their game against Trinidad as part of a cost-cutting exercise.

n Bahamas have pulled out of the World Cup qualifying competition, FIFA said earlier this week. Bahamas had been due to play in Group C in the second round of the Concacaf zone along with Panama, Dominica and Nicaragua.

FIFA said the group would now be contested by three teams with the winners progressing to the next stage of qualifying. Bahamas beat Turks and Caicos Islands 10-0 on aggregate in a two-leg preliminary tie.

The Bahamas Tribune said the withdrawal was caused by the unavailability of a new Chinese-built 23,000 capacity stadium which the federation had planned to use for home games. It added that although the stadium was handed over by the Chinese government in June, approach roads, car parks, landscaping and sewerage had not been completed.

The report said the alternative would have been to play home matches at neutral venues but the cost would have been prohibitive.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tucker excited by senior call-up
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2011, 12:57:59 PM »

Man they look like he trying to surf yes!!  :devil:

If these "Bermuda Surfers" posing as footballers beat us again in T&T come 2nd September, trust me I am never going to spend a penny watching T&T football again until Oliver resigns!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Security: Bermuda Footballers in T&T
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2011, 01:41:10 PM »
Security: Bermuda Footballers in T&T
bernews.com

Acting Minister of National Security Michael Weeks confirmed that he has been advised on security arrangements for the Bermuda National Football team set to play in Trinidad & Tobago shortly.

The Minister said: “This is an international event and the governing body for football in the region and internationally is responsible for security. However, in light of the recent issues in Trinidad & Tobago I asked the Bermuda Football Association to assure me of the arrangements made.

“I am satisfied that the security authorities in Trinidad & Tobago have matters in hand and that every aspect of safety and security for our players will be addressed.”

“The provision of security for international games and the teams themselves is not new and every account of local conditions is taken. I expect this to be the same in Trinidad and Tobago. I wish the players well and look forward to a Bermuda victory.”

Trinidad declared a limited state of emergency after 11 people were killed over the weekend. Officials announced the 15-day state of emergency on Sunday, which includes a 9pm until 5am curfew, and grants police wider powers of arrest.

Trinidad’s Police Commissioner Dwayne Gibbs told local reporters that between 6 pm on Tuesday and 8 am yesterday there were 117 arrests, with 56 relating to gang offences and 48 relating to drug offences.

The NY Times quotes Trinidad’s foreign minister Surujrattan Rambachan as saying that the seizure two weeks ago of $22 million worth of cocaine set off the violence as gangs sought retribution for the losses.

Bermuda is scheduled to take on Trinidad on Friday, September 2nd, in Trinidad. The last time played Trinidad in a World Cup Qualifier they defeated them 2 – 1 in the first leg before going down 2 – 0 in the second leg.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2011, 07:54:50 PM »
We going and hit this side at least six!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2011, 01:21:13 AM »
I would ultimately like to believe that, since these big belly short pants men put the hurt on we in 2008 and gave me nightmares for days, but i have to be real, that defense we have there is as week as jail coffee. :nailbiting: no disrespect but i would've liked to see more quality in the central defensive position.

i'm hoping and praying that seon power don't play the central defender role,  :praying: i 'm also praying that Pfister calls up yohance marshall as a replacement for primus,bc we all knew what happened in the 2007 gold cup when seon and kenyo held that position.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 01:23:08 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors Final XI for Bermuda WCQ
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2011, 09:45:27 AM »
Why does Thompson make it ahead of Tinto on the right midfield?

he crosses the ball much better than tinto, he passes better and knows when to give the ball up for starters

i was impressed with thompson composure on the ball and his vision for passing

we need service from the wings for our strikers, especially a tall man like jones for headers against the opposition teams

i trust thompson to make those crosses rather than tinto

When last you see Thompson play? 2009? steups
Hart for president

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2011, 09:59:24 AM »
I would ultimately like to believe that, since these big belly short pants men put the hurt on we in 2008 and gave me nightmares for days, but i have to be real, that defense we have there is as week as jail coffee. :nailbiting: no disrespect but i would've liked to see more quality in the central defensive position.

i'm hoping and praying that seon power don't play the central defender role,  :praying: i 'm also praying that Pfister calls up yohance marshall as a replacement for primus,bc we all knew what happened in the 2007 gold cup when seon and kenyo held that position.

:rotfl:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Tucker excited by senior call-up
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2011, 10:54:35 AM »
By Stephen Wright (Royal Gazzette)

Look at that man in the white cleats. He is de coach or what?  The man furthest back on de right he is manager?

Them men wearing Score yes.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2011, 11:00:08 AM »
Agreed.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2011, 03:01:29 PM »
Agreed.

Hopefully Stern can get a hatrick in such an instance (if we can score 6) but don’t forget that Bermuda beat us last time at home and have the belief they can win that game on 2nd September so we can't take anything for granted and need to come good!!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2011, 03:06:09 PM »
Agreed.

Hopefully Stern can get a hatrick in such an instance (if we can score 6) but don’t forget that Bermuda beat us last time at home and have the belief they can win that game on 2nd September so we can't take anything for granted and need to come good!!

I think we had about four players missing when Berm. played us last time. Shouldn't have made a difference though. The reality is the smaller islands are trying hard and if we play de ass they can capitalize.

Berm is coming to TT with the idea that they can shock us again. And they seem serious.
With our joke of a football program over the last nine months one can understand why.

However, I wwant to believe that the quality of our palyers will win out in the end.

I figure we'll win by 2 or 3 goals.

V B
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

AirMan

« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2011, 03:10:26 PM »
Agreed.

I think we had about four players missing when Berm. played us last time. Shouldn't have made a difference though. The reality is the smaller islands are trying hard and if we play de ass they can capitalize.

Berm is coming to TT with the idea that they can shock us again. And they seem serious.
With our joke of a football program over the last nine months one can understand why.

However, I wwant to believe that the quality of our palyers will win out in the end.

I figure we'll win by 2 or 3 goals.

V B

wait we cant use the "players missing" excuse when we boasting to have the best league in the Caribbean

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2011, 05:30:55 PM »
I think we had about four players missing when Berm. played us last time.

It was the era of the blacklist.....after the embarrassment Jack and Camps and dem wake up and begrudgingly let men back on the team......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2011, 06:20:01 PM »
hear meh good... if we put away the chances ...this will be a big win

allyuh could say what allyuh want about the team vz India...Otto will have these fellas playing some top class stuff
Otto look like a very serious working coach

18 points in this stage... bet meh nah ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2011, 06:21:05 PM »
not to get ahead here..but will the match in Bdos be on TV ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2011, 01:11:06 AM »
hear meh good... if we put away the chances ...this will be a big win

allyuh could say what allyuh want about the team vz India...Otto will have these fellas playing some top class stuff
Otto look like a very serious working coach

18 points in this stage... bet meh nah ??
:thumbsup:  :beermug:

1]; } ?>