April 19, 2024, 01:09:26 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Bermuda Game (02-Sept-11).  (Read 88997 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Bermuda Game (02-Sept-11).
« Reply #570 on: September 02, 2011, 05:49:02 PM »
Contro, i'll say this before i finally go and sleep! I understand exactly where yuh coming from with this particular argument but i pointed out that manutd team to confirm your point as well as to dispatch with the conventional # 10 syndrome. Scholes, keane, Beckham and the least Butt could play with the ball at their feet, be strong in de mid and make a pass to save their lives.

Out of the 4, there was no distinct # 10 in the bunch. Yes Keane was kinda like de hatchet man but yuh  could still see him running down line and whippin it in to Dwight. yh could still see scholes ressin blade and beckham dribbling up the middle though he is a flankman.

I thought with birchall, hyland, Keon Daniel and carlos we could accomplish dis and mabe in time but Birchall could become more scholes like. Hyland have to be more Keane like. Carlos is definitely Beckham like and K. daniel does dribble more than Butt.

Yet still no distinct # 10 and dat was possibly de best Manutd team right dey.

Butt was definitely not a part of the best 4 in midfield.  It was Scholes, Keane, Beckham and Giggs.
Man U didn't attack through the middle it was all down the wings, with crosses to Yorke and Cole.
So the final pass was coming from the wings.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 02, 2011, 05:49:15 PM »
HIGHLIGHTS

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/O8KYh7Pqqd4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/O8KYh7Pqqd4</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7JrJMuy2RHY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7JrJMuy2RHY</a>
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 02, 2011, 05:53:58 PM »
Contro, i'll say this before i finally go and sleep! I understand exactly where yuh coming from with this particular argument but i pointed out that manutd team to confirm your point as well as to dispatch with the conventional # 10 syndrome. Scholes, keane, Beckham and the least Butt could play with the ball at their feet, be strong in de mid and make a pass to save their lives.

Out of the 4, there was no distinct # 10 in the bunch. Yes Keane was kinda like de hatchet man but yuh  could still see him running down line and whippin it in to Dwight. yh could still see scholes ressin blade and beckham dribbling up the middle though he is a flankman.

I thought with birchall, hyland, Keon Daniel and carlos we could accomplish dis and mabe in time but Birchall could become more scholes like. Hyland have to be more Keane like. Carlos is definitely Beckham like and K. daniel does dribble more than Butt.

Butt was definitely not a part of the best 4 in midfield.  It was Scholes, Keane, Beckham and Giggs.
Man U didn't attack through the middle it was all down the wings, with crosses to Yorke and Cole.
So the final pass was coming from the wings.

correck is right. Scholes was de push and hit man i.e. birchall and Keane was de better blade man i.e Hyland. Daniel and carlos or tinto down de flanks. Still no distinct # 10. 
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 02, 2011, 06:00:44 PM »
Thanks for the vids.  That first mistake by Warner wdf was dat!
KJ towerin over those fellas, we need to rain crosses in everybody box for KJ.
We coulda easily had 3 goals with the shots that came back off the bar.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 02, 2011, 06:02:10 PM »
We were absolutely terrible

Credit to Stern Birchall Power and James Daniel and 2nd half Jones

The rest who started were piss poor

Anthony Warner was shocking.. dropping balls and doing a set of crazy stuff... Phillips should be reinstated

Anthony Wolfe.. TERRIBLE.. you would swear for someone who has been around the RB role for T&T these past years he would grow into the role..  he looked like he never played there

James and Power- both won the battle in the air but made some sloppy passing errors

Carlos at LB-  Terrible.. he has no left foot and his decision making was poor.. couldnt get forward and contribute to the attack.. he was also caught out of position countless times

Tinto- The Trini Theo Walcott..all pace no brain

Hyland- Came down here with a big boy attitude and got himself a f**king reality check .. gave the ball away every time, was all over the place.. great decision by Otto to take him off
(Daniel)- Came on and did all the things Hyland was supposed to do as in keeping things simple and let the ball do the work

Birchall- This a f**king Warrior.. fought for every ball, drove the midfield on, did everything he could have right, few sloppy passes but his overall effort was quality.. WELCOME BACK BIRCHY

Roberts- TERRIBLE IDEA AT LW .. it didnt work.. yes he assisted the goal but he was in acres of space to cross that ... otherwise he was lost out there.. felt bad for him.. his confidence dropped as the game went on and when he went up top he was so out of it he took that form up top

Stern- I dont give a f**k what anyone ever says about this man.. this a f**king man and warrior.. what a brave effort to go onto a firld after the passing of his mother and still have a very tidy game bringing others into play, great effort shortly before coming off..STERN LEGEND 14 JOHN
(Peltier) - not that much done.. good pace and I rate him more than Tinto

Kenwyne- a tale of 2 halves.. 1st half he was all over, especially wide right and getting in Tinto way.. he was very poor with his attitude and movement and ball watching and bad passing... good header to score the goal and at half time it was apparent he was given a German hairdryer cuz he did alot of running and much better positional play in the 2nd.. If he can do that every game he could do well..still shocking to see how poor his technique is and his attitude...
(Leon)- As Daniel did kept things tidy and went into a 3 man mid at that time with Roberts playing the lone striker.. didnt do a bad job.. kept the ball well

Crowd- 5000.. terrible atmosphere

Alot of work to be done.. first game with the "big boys" together in a long time.. team needs to gel, team needs reality check and they need to understand when they come back here it is 100% or f**k right back off to Belgium, England etc.. this requires heart

Otto would have learnt alot tonight, like who cant play where who has the right attitude etc etc

3 points... onto the next one

f**k we made that look hard

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 02, 2011, 06:09:39 PM »
i cannot cannot cannot believe Hector did not make the 18 man squad

anyhow...3 points... very flat performance...lets go tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 02, 2011, 06:10:18 PM »
thxs for the video D.H.W.  :beermug:

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 02, 2011, 06:14:42 PM »
i cannot cannot cannot believe Hector did not make the 18 man squad

anyhow...3 points... very flat performance...lets go tnt

yeah thought that was weird, he would have done well as one of the middle three
I pity the fool....

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 02, 2011, 06:32:05 PM »
we win.
i love my team.

:beermug:

Oh and i would like to point out.. dont think we got any bookings! and our play was pretty clean. love that!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 06:38:16 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 02, 2011, 06:42:54 PM »
people may hate my approach but its for the best of the team

Lemme ask you to clarify instead of jumping down your throat. Are you implying here that your overall approach to the team is better than Otto Pfister's? And is this not the man that you put faith in to solve ALL our problems?

alyuh have patients an energy oui

are you one of their patients or is it patience?
touche' but yuh is still ah one dimensional A class moron
I pity the fool....

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 02, 2011, 06:47:01 PM »
This was in no way, shape or form a performance to be happy about.

The addition of the foreign base should have given us some measure of improvement on a tepid performance against India but same kettle of fish. Slow, methodical play, errant passing, lack of cohesion and a telling lack of urgency in the play.

And regardless of what anyone say Bermuda eh no side. I didn't see a player on that team that should cause a problem, they are a team of part timers. The left back had to be about 65 years old with a uncle type knock knee, yet only when Peltier came on were we able to capitalize on that a little bit.

At this rate we will get blow out by the better teams in CONCACAF once we come out this group unless there is marked improvement, but like a mindless lemming ah go be at de next game too.

Anyway, the way I rated it:

Warner - 3: Terrible display. Schoolboy errors on pass backs to him, fumbling the ball, mistrapped a simple back pass to concede a corner in a heart attack moment. Poor distribution. The crowd was cheering sarcastically every time he trap or catch a ball properly. Why we spend on plane ticket from Australia for that, and why was Marvin Phillip dropped after a strong show against India. ???

Power - 6 - Strong in the air, had a volley come off the crossbar and strong in the tackle. Never seriously troubled by the Bermuda attackers.

James - 6 - Solid in the tackle and dealt with just about everything that came his way. Not that the Bermuda attackers caused much concern.

Carlos -4 - Forced into the left back position and looked out of place all day. Did not trust his left foot which meant he kept going to his right foot and to the inside instead of going wide on the line. When he got into dangerous crossing positions on the left he checked back to his right.

Wolfe - 4 - Conceded possession, did not get forward enough and got caught out of position on several occasions. Below average performance.

Birchall - 5 - Energetic in midfield and put in a decent shift but guilty of quite a few bad passes and poor decision making.

Daniel - 7 - Came on for Hyland and gave an impressive performance in central midfield. Played simple ball, controlled the midfield and did not concede possession. Could have done better with set piece, played his crosses too close to the Bermudan goalkeeper.

Tinto - 4 - Starting to feel that he is losing his spark. His trade is his ability to take on his man and that and all he seems incapable of doing. Was ineffective, continuously muscled off the ball by his Bermudan marker and unable to put in a decent cross.

Roberts - 8 - Can count on one hand the number of times he lost possession of the ball. Every pass was purposeful and found its target. Great run and cross to set up the goal and unlucky when he showed good composure to take on his chest and hit crossbar in the first half. One of the few bright spots today.

Jones - 7 - Poor first 35 mins but then came into the game and use his power and pace effectively. Won the aerial battles and was willing to run at the wing back. One of his best showings from him in national colors.

John - 5 - Tried but offered little in attack. Slow and cumbersome, needs better service to be effective.

.... and lastly.....

Otto Pfister - 3 - I thought with the group of players selected, Pfister missed a real opportunity to produce a very strong T&T unit today. The Carlos at left back decision was shambolic especially given his lack of a left foot. His cutting inside meant that Roberts was starved of service operating on the left of midfield which I thought was also a mistake. I thought it would have been better to take his chances with someone accustomed to the role like Adams or Pacheco, and not waste Carlos talents out there. Better to chook Carlos right back or leave off Tinto and give him his natural right wing role.

Also was strongly opposed to the Warner pick. What are you saying to a young promising goalkeeper like Phillip when he did everything correctly given his chance, yet you bring a old washed up journeyman keeper to take his place?

Jones and John up front should be one or the other as they play the same position. I felt his team selection was forced to accomodate those two with Roberts and it backfired.

As for Hyland, I can't blame him for as the youth just put down a pile, but credit to him for making a bold decision early to effect a change.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 02, 2011, 06:52:21 PM »
1-0? Against Bermuda? At home? Mess...  
Remember they beat we in 2008 or what? thank God for small mercies, bermeuda is ah really tough team bro, and like they does travel well. food for thought , bermuda is ah way better team than grenada, in case yuh don't know.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 02, 2011, 06:53:03 PM »
What happen with the guyana barbados game?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 02, 2011, 06:56:37 PM »
JC, you watch the game?

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 02, 2011, 06:58:29 PM »

Guyana 1 - Barbados 0

Half Time

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: September 02, 2011, 07:01:03 PM »
having this match during curfew was a real scene. took forever to get there. not to mention that sun. my word. maybe that was what sucked the life out of our players.

honestly an unconvincing victory. thankful for the three points but we have alot of work to do

we hardly had any penetration going forward. about 5 shots on goal in total. nothing to really trouble bermuda keeper

after all these years, why does carlos edwards still feel the need to beats twice before he passes a ball, most times when he doesnt even have to. its annoying to see him do it, because he usually loses possession when he does.

other players that pulled stones

warner......  ::). he facked up basic things. i cringed everytime the ball went near him

tinto...... as small mag said. he doesnt have a footballing brain. lacks basic technique. looses possession too easily

hyland.....he need to boil down. too full of himself and added nothing for the thirty minutes he was on the field

wolfe..... :-\

roberts.... only because, he was played out of position. he wasnt as effective as he  could have been if he had played up front

players who said something

stern... i have to give it to him. it took nuff courage to go out there and play today. you could tell his heart was heavy

me mum.......that guy is a work horse. a real hustler. had a couple shots on goal (no really on target) but at least he takes chances. he lost possession a few times but please believe he will hustle to try and regain possession of the ball

KJ....first time in a long time i have seen KJ play this hard for T&T.

keon daniel

somebody in the crowd around me shouted out 'where that shitsnake theobald?'. another man shout out 'look he right behind yuh'. look around only to see bleeder sitting down behind we wid a towel over his head trying to be incognito. talk bout laugh

otto have real work to do, is obvious the foreign based eh gel with the locals yet. hopefully by the 6th we cud get a little unity goin
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 02, 2011, 07:01:29 PM »
This team looked very very flat. Started with Birchall and Khaeem in the centre and there was no foward movement. Nothing creative from any of the 2. Keon Daniel came on after 35 mins and did a tidy job, but still not enough penetration.

Hayden Tinto was bad. His set pieces were very poor (although Power alomst scored off 1), as they hardly ever beat the 1st defender. When they did, it was a floater far post. Sometimes I thought he would make the field too narrow, crowding the CM's. When Peltier came on we semed to get  a little more width down the right.

Roberts as left wing was a bad option, or maybe he just had a bad game, because when he switched to striker, he was just as bad. had a chance that he should have buried but hit  the post. Also made a wonderful cross for Jones to score though :beermug:

Stern held the ball well, but he is slower than ever. Jones made a couple powerful runs down the flank, but nobody was getting into the box quickly enough. This worried me alot. The transition to attack was HORRIBLE for the midfield and strikers. We need to get into the box much quicker. KJ was all over the place 1st half because he was starved of service (or not really interested). Until you start putting the ball in the air where he is comfortable, he will not really look threatening. Until we get wingers who put it in those spots 5- times a half, he probably would not look good. 2nd half was  much better effort from him, and he seemed to pick up a slight knock so he was subbed.

Carlos at left back was a very bad decision. He always seemed to be facing his goal in possession because he obviously favours his right side. he got forward well in the 2nd half but again his crossing was poor. Should play out on the right and sit Tinto.

Julius Looked good, winning the aerial battles. Some of is passes were poor though and he needs to work on being simple. Power won the aerial battles, but he gives the ball away too easily still. I mean shockingly easily.

Wolfe does not belong on a national team as a right back. He was not even getting wide enough to keep proper shape. Was never interested in making any overlappng runs, and I dont think he made a cross the entire evening.

Tony Warner looked very shaky. His kicking in the st half was awful, but he seemed to rectify that in the 2nd half. Dropped a routine catch from a long ball that raised many eyebrows. Had 1 shot the entire game that he dealt with comfortably.

Overall i would give the team 5/10

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 02, 2011, 07:02:35 PM »
As far as I am concern this is like our 2nd practice game. Warner in goal for Philips. Why? From the back passes I see dey, Bermuda could ah win the game if the ball had slipped by Warner. We seeing Birchal, Hyland, Carlos, Stern, KJ, Warner, James, 7 guys playing for the first time in a long, long while. What do we expect?

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 02, 2011, 07:03:23 PM »
1-0?? Thought we would have been better that that. Warner start!!?? I see couple games this man play in the EPL and is pure fumble ball, missteps, and heartattack. What about him they like boy?  Phillips is the best goalkeeper in Trini currently. Sean Power surprise mih. Still not convinced by him. Tinto never impressed me. Absolutely no composure. Big stage does frighten he. My boy Keon came on and did what Keon does..more to come from him. Would love to see this game. From the little clips, was pure wide open space in Bermuda, but yet we only score 1?  Like we eh going Brazil boy.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 02, 2011, 07:04:14 PM »
From the replay it looked like we had some unlucky shots come back.  So even though we aren't pristine yet it could have easily been 3-0.  Anybody have any idea on what was up with Warner?  Nerves?  Pitch or what?  
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 02, 2011, 07:06:36 PM »
Sounds like a team that has never played together before - which it effectively is.

I think we need to be patient. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 02, 2011, 07:10:40 PM »
1-0? Against Bermuda? At home? Mess...  
food for thought , bermuda is ah way better team than grenada, in case yuh don't know.

:bs:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 02, 2011, 07:16:00 PM »
Warner is ah old hardback man closing on 40.. Nerves?? The man is a shitong.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 02, 2011, 07:17:09 PM »
Warner is ah old hardback man closing on 40.. Nerves?? The man is a shitong.

LOL whenever i see him, i does remember them blunders he make playing for fulham
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 02, 2011, 07:18:26 PM »

Guyana 1 - Barbados 0

Half Time
Thanx bro.         positive.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 02, 2011, 07:32:52 PM »
congrats guys, seems like bermuda was more concerned abt the cerfew and their safety than some stupid wcq.

:rotfl: :rotfl:  odb, is been a while.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 02, 2011, 07:34:28 PM »
Only saw the second half so can only judge from that, but i mostly agree with dinho's analysis.

Standouts
Birchall. Usual work horse, was obviously playing to instructions in attack but never slowed down any attacks. Combined well with either Roberts or Tinto on one attack that actually looked like ball...Lost ball once or twice but also singlehandedly regained ball, slowed down Bermudan counters three or four times. I distinctly remember seeing him chasing down a fairly innocuous looking run from a Bermudan in the 91st minute while everone else was jogging into place.
Roberts: I like what I saw. Played the "Stern role" well for a small man, had a few runs at the defense, missed one real goalscoring chance, generally kept the blue defense on their toes
KJ: seems like he picked up in this half, though after the knock he slowed down and was eventually (rightfully) subbed off

Solid: James did what he had to do
Solid: Same can be said of Daniel in the time he was on. Saw very litle of the 08 flair but a lot more ocomposure. Seems his role has changed as he has matured?

Streaky
Power: great in the air, unsure on the ground
Tinto: lots of activity, little end product. I believe he created the only beats that got the crowd oohing (bodyshake cut inside) but predictably, nothing came of it. Also lost the ball on too many occasions
Stern: typical Stern: great at holding up play (both in the good and bad sense of the word) Had a fairly audacious chance

Shocking
Warner: never looked sure of himself, including one floating cross where he came out for a diving save and would have been completely beaten to the ball had not a defender connected first. only good thing he did was eat up time near the end. Has quite an accurate kick out but i doubt you can base you offensive strategy on that.
Carlos. Every body and they dog knows he has no left foot...so shy put him as left back? handicapped both going forward and defending, whipped in one decent cross.
Wolfe: right back defending was hesitant, almost never got down the wing

Can't really rate the two second half subs

Pfister?
Thought it was a bit unambitious to shut up shop i.e. bring on Leon in for KJ but i guess the team never really looked like scoring a second goal as the game wore on and it was better to keep the 1-0. At any ray=te KJ was obviously nursing some kind of injury from the 80th onwards.

Not sure what was the scene with the left back/right back and why he didn't try to sort it out at halftime.

Didn't see much evidence of a game plan other than get the ball to KJ in front of goal, but that's just me
The pace and intensity (Birchall and Roberts aside) were piss poor for the most part. Crowd was small max 4000 and uninspired, even the rythm section went dead for most of the half. At the end of the day the two pack ah plantain chip i get out while leaving is the most memorable thing i have to take out of the game.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 02, 2011, 07:34:38 PM »
My take on the performances.

Warner - Not sure what he was doing there. If he had been a 21 year old debutant thrown in at the last minute, you would understand. But for someone who has spent time at Premiership clubs such as Liverpool, you would expect much, much more. Its clear why he has had a successful career as a reserve keeper. His handling and decision making were poor. How he could be selected ahead of Philips is beyond me. This should be his last performace for T&T. Jack should be called back, and I would even select Ince as the 3rd keeper ahead of Warner.  

Power - Solid. Gave the team confidence in defence. Admittedley, neither defender had much to do, but what they did, they did well. Won most of his headers and was first to the ball most times. Also, looked good going forward.

James - Steady, Good understanding with Power. Tackled well.

Edwards - Still a Rolls Royce, even at left back. Generally kept his poise and his class showed. Dealt with being out of his usual position well. Played much better in the second half. Not his best performance, but given his role, he shouldered responsibility well.

Wolfe - I think Wolfe may have been the Pro Leagues top scorer last season with around 25 goals. He is a striker. Maybe Pfister selected the wrong Wolfe? When he had the confidence to go forward, he looked good. Made one excellent cross that I recall. Still bedding into an unfamiliar role, but played better than against India. Still not convinced he should be playing at right back, but he gave 100%

Birchall - Was asked to play too deep in my opinion. But once he got free, always looked like he would make things happen. Won't be long until a 30 yarder hits the net. Good to see him back.

Daniel - Could possibly take Hylands place on Tuesday. Was competent without being outstanding. Did his job well.

Tinto - Sorry, he's good, but not good enough. His flair is insufficient for International games, and unfortunately he's tasked to be the flair player. His tricks were predictable and he gave the ball away in positions that would be punished by stronger teams.

Roberts - Good performance. Hampered by confusing role, trying to fit in with Stern & Jonesy. Once these three play regularly together, Roberts may be the star of the show. Lets hope North East make a bid for Kenwyne!!

Jones - One of his better T&T performances. You can see how he has matured. Took a little time to figure out his role, but looked determined and confident. Won any ball in the air he got close to. Thouroughly deserved his goal. And captained the side well. Only criticism was that he should have come off earlier. Looked like he took a knock but refused to come off initially. I think he took the captains role really seriously.

John - Each game he seems to look better. He had a very passive attacking role, mainly tasked to tie up the two defenders and create openings for Roberts to exploit. You could see he had 100% heart in the game, which we haven't always seen. Obviously, his focus may have been affected, but played his role well. Has won back the hearts of the people and everyone in the stadium was willing his final effort into the net. Unfortunately, there was no fairy tale ending. But the potential of John, Jones & Roberts is there to see. This will be Pfisters biggest test.

Hyland - Didn't turn up. His passing was awful and it was a good decision to bring him off early.

As a whole, a steady performance with lots of positives. We have to remember that not only are these players not familiar to each other, but neither is the coach. I like the two central defenders and the wing backs are both playing out of their usual positions. They will make mistakes, but you have to admire their courage. Midfield is the biggest problem. Birchall needs to play further forward which means we need a defensive midfielder sitting in front of the back two and supporting the wing backs. A player such as Owen Hargreaves or Nicky Butt. The only Trini I can think of to play here is Devonish, but he's awaiting an operation.

If Kevaughan Connell is called back to play left wing back, perhaps Birchall and Edwards could play side by side, releasing each other to go forward?

Overall, plenty to build on. Yes, there were grumbles, but Bermuda came to defend and will probably be pleased with a 1-0 result.  

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 02, 2011, 08:13:55 PM »
Well it was so long I eh go a game could not find meh juzzy. I must say it was a nice feeling 2 b at d HCS at a game. If we have 2 flyin Warner all d way from New Zeland 2  give me heart attack then I say play Phillip or Jan Michael.

Glad dat KJ SCORE because he is not a natural striker and any goal I get from him I does b happy like pappy.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #599 on: September 02, 2011, 09:28:01 PM »

i understand fully that the man u mid did extremely well without a #10, i guess because you grow up watching players like latas, and dwarika in the tt side, you feel the need to have a #10 be the play maker and essential part of the mid

hopefully we can accomplish this without having to have a #10 esque player, i agree fully with you, however i don't think players like hector or as eve said molino should not get a chance at the highest level. i believe they have a lot to add to this squad and the mid, it never hurts to have a player who can create those opps for you

1]; } ?>