March 28, 2024, 10:33:53 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Barbados Game (06-Sept-11)  (Read 79534 times)

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Barbados Game (06-Sept-11)
« Reply #390 on: September 06, 2011, 06:38:23 PM »
highlights?????

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 06, 2011, 06:39:07 PM »
Them guys in the studio mad....talking bout another coach would have gotten the same result..like they forget just the other day we was losing to the fricking "spice boys"
That's a local team though, i honestly think our A team should put atleast 5 on all the teams in our group, However even saying that still backing we coach Otto only 2 games from a long long long time since our A team was together.

I also reckon when we get that LB situation settled out with Samuel o whoever and Edwards back on the right we going to see a big difference Edwards been our most important player for a long time now he being taken out of the game by this position...
Breds, the chances were created but the players didn't finish, who's fault is dat ? KJ missed three and birchal missed one, that's four potential goals right there, and we still won by two comfortable goals. what more allyuh want ??

PS: if allyuh know anything about the german brand, you would know that they do not concede a lot bc they pride themselves on defense, hence the reason we kept three clean sheets in ah row, when last did we accomplish that?  :waiting:

Game against India doh count!! That was a fete match!!  8)

Breds, stop torturing yuh self nah, if yuh doh like what goin on wid the football just take ah rest from it, but the pessimism is ah real kill joy vibe, especially right after ah vital win.

The fact that Antigua beat USVI 8 - 1 away from home and we are supposed to be better than them means that I cannot be happy with a 2 - 0 win over Barbados!

When the coach starts playing our players in their best positions and the strikers start putting their easy chances then I will be satisfied and stop complaining. Note I am not knocking the coach yet! For now I just knocking the players for throwing away so many chances!! I the team loses then I’ll start knocking the coach but so far he is doing okay in my book!

What is worrying is the fact that if we slip up against Guyana then we could be relying on goal difference to decide who are winners of our group. We need to be grabbing the opportunity to rack up the goals against our weakest opponents in our wc qualification drive!

I dunno why allyuh beating up allyuh self nah. We play the teams we have to play. If we good enough we will get the results and progress. I can't be concerned with the results of teams not even in our group.

If we come up against Guyana and can't get the results we need then we simply are not good enough and will watch the rest of the proceedings from the sidelines.

I expect handsome wins against weaker teams like Barbados & Bermuda but maybe I am expecting too much and T&T is not really of that sort of calibre even with our best available players!!
Maybe I'm expecting too much!!  :-\
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 06:44:55 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 06, 2011, 06:39:55 PM »
highlights?????

Will be on TV6 Sports News tomorrow night!!  ;)

Go here http://www.tv6tnt.tv/TV6_Brightcove/default2.html at 7:30pm T&T time tomorrow evening!!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 06:43:47 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 06, 2011, 06:43:42 PM »
Didn't see the game nor heard any commentary but congrats to the boys. Also my condolences to Stern and his family. His mother was the rock of their family and I know she will be missed.
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 06, 2011, 06:53:23 PM »
nor heard any commentary

Trust mih.......you reeeeaaaalllll fortunate not to have been subjected to that..... ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 06, 2011, 06:53:39 PM »
Guyana 0 - 0 Bermuda at HT
Curacao 2 - 1 Haiti at HT
Puerto Rico 0 - 1 Canada @ HT
Belize 1 - 2 Guatemala @ HT
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 06:56:05 PM by Jayerson »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 06, 2011, 07:03:43 PM »
The fact that Antigua beat USVI 8 - 1 away from home and we are supposed to be better than them means that I cannot be happy with a 2 - 0 win over Barbados!

How de fawk this make any sense??

Between some of de sh!t i does see post on dis board and what i hearing on de radio, no wonder T&T football in dis condition...

anybody have anything other than reactionary knee-jerk asinine thoughts
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 06, 2011, 07:07:51 PM »
Guyana 0 Bermuda 0 at half time.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 06, 2011, 07:08:59 PM »

How de fawk this make any sense??

Between some of de sh!t i does see post on dis board and what i hearing on de radio, no wonder T&T football in dis condition...

anybody have anything other than reactionary knee-jerk asinine thoughts
Cosign.  
These men does kill me yes. today englnd beat wales by one lil measely goal, is their fans who should be complaining and not us, bc they have ah wealth of talent and cyar beat up on shyte snake wales.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 06, 2011, 07:10:16 PM »
Them guys in the studio mad....talking bout another coach would have gotten the same result..like they forget just the other day we was losing to the fricking "spice boys"
That's a local team though, i honestly think our A team should put atleast 5 on all the teams in our group, However even saying that still backing we coach Otto only 2 games from a long long long time since our A team was together.

I also reckon when we get that LB situation settled out with Samuel o whoever and Edwards back on the right we going to see a big difference Edwards been our most important player for a long time now he being taken out of the game by this position...
Breds, the chances were created but the players didn't finish, who's fault is dat ? KJ missed three and birchal missed one, that's four potential goals right there, and we still won by two comfortable goals. what more allyuh want ??

PS: if allyuh know anything about the german brand, you would know that they do not concede a lot bc they pride themselves on defense, hence the reason we kept three clean sheets in ah row, when last did we accomplish that?  :waiting:

Game against India doh count!! That was a fete match!!  8)

Breds, stop torturing yuh self nah, if yuh doh like what goin on wid the football just take ah rest from it, but the pessimism is ah real kill joy vibe, especially right after ah vital win.

When the coach starts playing our players in their best positions and the strikers start putting their easy chances then I will be satisfied and stop complaining. Note I am not knocking the coach yet! For now I just knocking the players for throwing away so many chances!! I the team loses then I’ll start knocking the coach but so far he is doing okay in my book!

What is worrying is the fact that if we slip up against Guyana then we could be relying on goal difference to decide who are winners of our group. We need to be grabbing the opportunity to rack up the goals against our weakest opponents in our wc qualification drive!

I dunno why allyuh beating up allyuh self nah. We play the teams we have to play. If we good enough we will get the results and progress. I can't be concerned with the results of teams not even in our group.

If we come up against Guyana and can't get the results we need then we simply are not good enough and will watch the rest of the proceedings from the sidelines.

I expect handsome wins against weaker teams like Barbados & Bermuda but maybe I am expecting too much and T&T is not really of that sort of calibre even with our best available players!!
Maybe I'm expecting too much!!  :-\
Yes you are.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 06, 2011, 07:18:02 PM »
Let's just be happy with the 2 wins in the qualifies so far. Most importantly 6 points with no goals against and we'll go from strength to strength in stride. In tournaments all you need to do is win and move on, pick up points.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 06, 2011, 07:20:55 PM »
i hope bermuda win or draw... they good for a draw

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 06, 2011, 07:21:25 PM »
Guyana 0 Bermuda 0 at half time.

Guy 2 Ber 0 59 min.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 06, 2011, 07:22:17 PM »
Folks who calling for 8-0 and similar scores need to relax a little.  Our football has been in the doldrums for the past 5 odd years for reasons discussed, argued, and debated on this and other sites on many occasions.

The mental anguish that must have impacted these and other players for this same period of time is undoubtedly significant.  Now it seems as if some of the fighting may have actually paid off w/JW seemingly out of the picture and perhaps his liutenants to shortly follow suit.  New coach is here with some international pedigree, maybe we can lift our heads.  Let the team gel, let's finish this current stage as group winners and advance to the next round with Mex, CR, and presumably El Sal.  

The coach will build on those at his disposal and let's see how the chemistry and results evolve over the next several weeks, only then we can make a true assessment of his impact and where our football would stand, as for now, our football is just in recovery mode after several years of inactivity and political manipulation and mis-handling

PS:  The need for long term planning and structure to our national program at all levels still needs to be addressed, until then we will continue to cycle
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 07:27:44 PM by 100% Barataria »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 06, 2011, 07:25:36 PM »
We are not the tnt of old,the smaller islands are not intimedated by us and the really like their chances against us,that being said they come out high in confidence and ready to fight for 90 mins and if we take any of them likely they will run or beat us.......so congrats to my warriors,keep making baby steps we will be running soon :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: September 06, 2011, 07:36:29 PM »
so players returning to their clubs? or we keeping them unitl next month?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 06, 2011, 07:37:41 PM »
so players returning to their clubs? or we keeping them unitl next month?
Nah they returning to their respective clubs and will be back in about a month.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 06, 2011, 07:45:58 PM »
I think this is a good steady start to the campaign.  Baby steps, and get better with each game...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 06, 2011, 07:50:26 PM »
Having looked at some of the scores there is nuff proof that the weaker teams have caught up with the big boys in CONCACAF.Belize 1 Guatemala 2,Cayman Island 0 El Salvador0,Curasao 2 Haiti 3,Guyana APPEARS TO BE DOING BETTER AGAINST OPPONENTS WE STRUGGLED TO BEAT.There is no sure thing in CONCACAF,that is long time ting.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 06, 2011, 07:58:24 PM »
Guyana 2 Bermuda 1 FT

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 06, 2011, 08:02:05 PM »
Having looked at some of the scores there is nuff proof that the weaker teams have caught up with the big boys in CONCACAF.Belize 1 Guatemala 2,Cayman Island 0 El Salvador0,Curasao 2 Haiti 3,Guyana APPEARS TO BE DOING BETTER AGAINST OPPONENTS WE STRUGGLED TO BEAT.There is no sure thing in CONCACAF,that is long time ting.
Before allyuh jump out the window, lets see how they do on the road. they had two home games and they seem to protect they home field advantage. now the road awaits.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 08:12:40 PM by just cool »

Offline Yogi

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 06, 2011, 08:05:37 PM »
Guyana 2 - Bermuda 1 Final

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #413 on: September 06, 2011, 08:06:41 PM »
Teams

Barbados: - Jason Boxill; Barry Skeete (capt), Omar Archer, Jonathan Straker, Ramuel Miller, Louis Moss, Renaldo Marques, Jonathan Nurse, Riviere Williams, Norman Forde, Mario Harte.

Coach: - Colin Forde (Barbados).

Trinidad and Tobago: - Marvin Phillip; Seon Power, Julius James, Christopher Birchall (Khaleem Hyland 60th), Carlos Edwards, Anthony Wolfe, Keon Daniel, Clyde Leon, Hayden Tinto (Densill Theobald 90th), Kenwyne Jones (capt), Darryl Roberts (Lester Peltier 73rd).

Coach: - Otto Pfister (Germany).

Referee: - Elmer Bonilla (El Salvador).

Standings

MP  W  D  L  GF  GA  Pts
Trinidad and Tobago 2  2  0  0  3  0  6
Guyana 2  2  0  0  4  1  6
Bermuda 2  0  0  2  1  3  0
Barbados 2  0  0  2  0  4  0
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 09:06:04 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 06, 2011, 08:07:02 PM »
Is this round six games home and away, or just 3 games?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 06, 2011, 08:10:19 PM »
Guyana 2 Bermuda 1 FT
According to the FIFA score board the game still playing.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 06, 2011, 08:12:38 PM »

6: home and away.

Thus that makes Guyana the head of our group as of rite now (Remember Only one team from each group qualifies for the 3rd round)
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 06, 2011, 08:15:23 PM »
Six games. in this rounds  Well I listened to the first half from the Bim commentators. They gave T&T an A and Barbados a C.T &T had a lot of possession and chances. It seems to be that the Chemistry has started. Carlos  , Tinto , KJ and Birchall were standouts.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 06, 2011, 08:16:01 PM »

Thus that makes Guyana the head of our group as of rite now (Remember Only one team from each group qualifies for the 3rd round)
Guyana is not ahead , they have scored 4 and conceded one , we scored 3 and conceded none so we are level on points and goals with ah make shift defense. don't worry, JLLoyd and primus will be in the mix next month if all goes well.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 02:57:43 AM by just cool »

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 06, 2011, 08:17:45 PM »

Thanks

1]; } ?>