March 28, 2024, 12:52:32 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Barbados Game (06-Sept-11)  (Read 79540 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Barbados Game (06-Sept-11)
« Reply #510 on: September 07, 2011, 01:36:20 PM »
If you guys think that pitch was bad you should see the one Guyana plays on

At least it looks like everyone is making runs and not just standing on the field with their hands on their hips like at our home games!

Maybe we need to play our home games on a cricket pitch as well!  :D
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 07, 2011, 01:49:54 PM »
To be honest (assuming that the highlights are comprehensive),  I like what I'm seeing so far.  Both games were held to a respectable measure with chances being created.  Carlos is playing a leadership role right now, Lloyd will be here later.  So I am very happy with the development of the team.  Really.  When set, it will be on CR and Mexico to get points from us.  Keep building fellas.  Got job Otto   :beermug:
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 07, 2011, 02:47:55 PM »
Guys no bullshit.. after watching this highlights wid TNT . This is facking terrible football by this team. In a kind of way am happy we actually playing this 4 6 matches against theese teams. Thereis no way we could have go into one of those group playing like this we will have been thumped pretty good. By The time Guyana comes around we will have played 4 games plus a fete match against Inida .thats 5 enough matches to gell a little.  I mean this is terrible footbasll by TNT.. terrible.. guys look at the DR and elsalvador highlights .. Hard ball They playing I wah see dat .. man running after ball and not waiting to see what the player wid the ball going to do.. I want to see we fighting with and without the ball..
good luck warriors but this is terrible performance by you guys..
war
And allyuh could determine that by ah couple of mins highlights (midnight, socapro,and you)? allyuh in the wrong profession, yuhs guys should be on the technical staff of some champions league team, or @ least doing analysis for espn.

analysis is when yuh talking out your rectal orifice - i'll leave that for the persons who do it best - like those who maintain that Bermuda is a defensive powerhouse in Concacaf
You have ah small toeti or what?? how you always comin @ man like yuh sufferin from ah small man complex, relax fella, all ah wee is big hard stones, weh all dis feminine sarcasm comin from?

yes...and is very masculine to talk bout a man penis when you at a loss for words... ::) carry on
I loss for words?? :rotfl: :rotfl: yuhs ah joker yes. just hold ah beer and cool nah fella. like you never lime wid "us" grass roots ppl or what MR high society? anyway that's how we get down, nothing is sacred.
particularly not logic or common sense. carry on
I hear yuh sir jack "onion", i know we likkle jigga boos is not in your league, or class bracket, so i will take my lil behind de bridge farse a$$ and put meh ghetto tail between meh legs when well trained, cultured astute ppl put meh in meh tenement yard place.   :notworthy: :notworthy:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 02:50:22 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 07, 2011, 02:50:31 PM »
Ah vex ah watch dem highlights. Make mih feel like Gally, DeLeon and dem could still play for we national team. As a few of you have noted, yuh really can't get a full sense of de game from highlights, but to me, it really look like a damn fete match. Best of luck to Otto and he boys. I supportin allyuh, but it does really concern mih when ah watch any part of a national team game and get a feeling that I could play out dey. Last thing, ah know de camera was probably in de main stands, but yuh mean to say we couldn't see ONE fan in all de highlights? Wow!
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 07, 2011, 02:51:07 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/C4UWjvWBGGI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/C4UWjvWBGGI</a>
lord we pray for the day when Kenwyne jOnes becomes more consistant. Missed atleast 2 sitters

I'm sorry for all the "supporters" and "patriots" but that game is level :bs:  

Barbados look like ah high school team, the RB worst than Seon Power and Akile Edwards by 50 miles.

We playing saga boy football and not taking the game into the next level or next gear. Men jogging around the field like is ah regeneration exercise. I guess the team follow the attitude and efforts of the captain. Where Arimaman and ngozi, again I ask alyuh what's the purposeof a captain?

Alyuh could cuss me all alyuh want but that level of play is absolutely shocking. We cannot get better personnel and that's how we looking. I not even talking about style ah play, just the intensity and effort from players real poor. Men talking about how pfister hard, how hard can he be with players walking around on the field like they don't want too be there?

When you looking at the pace the USA and Mexico playing at and the level of opposition, how can we be satisfied with this? The USA playing good football at an intense pace and CR and Mex. both dispatched them. How are we going to Brazil - hell - how are we going to give a good account of ourselves at all?

This looking like ah bunch are Nashville type performance again.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 07, 2011, 03:08:48 PM »
and for the record, that wasn't no sitters! it was all one on one opportunities.

in  the first situation the bajan full back made ah soft back pass to the keeper and KJ pounce on it with two defenders trailing and he tried to chip the ball from ah difficult angle, the 2nd opportunity came when he collaborated with tinto when he broke the off side trap and the keeper came out and smothered it , he tried the go around the keeper but his first touch let him down, and guess what, it happens to bigger more prolific strikers.

That wasn't no chip, yuh don't chip by side-footing the ball.  The 2nd one, the bad part is that the touch was so far from what was required.  It was nowhere near good execution, and honestly I've never seen another striker do it that badly.  
On both occasions, the striker is supposed to at least be on target.  If he fails in doing that then he has to work on it.  KJ could really benefit from some 1v1 drills, but I have to assume he already does those as part of his striker training.  I just hope that it starts to show.

His play to set up both goals plus another header or 2 on target were all very good, and on another day more of his headers will go in.  

Team tempo needs to be raised. 

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 07, 2011, 03:49:53 PM »
If you guys think that pitch was bad you should see the one Guyana plays on

At least it looks like everyone is making runs and not just standing on the field with their hands on their hips like at our home games!

Maybe we need to play our home games on a cricket pitch as well!  :D

Doesn't Guy play their international games at the new Providence cricket stadium. Probably like the Oval.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 07, 2011, 03:55:30 PM »
and for the record, that wasn't no sitters! it was all one on one opportunities.

in  the first situation the bajan full back made ah soft back pass to the keeper and KJ pounce on it with two defenders trailing and he tried to chip the ball from ah difficult angle, the 2nd opportunity came when he collaborated with tinto when he broke the off side trap and the keeper came out and smothered it , he tried the go around the keeper but his first touch let him down, and guess what, it happens to bigger more prolific strikers.

That wasn't no chip, yuh don't chip by side-footing the ball.  The 2nd one, the bad part is that the touch was so far from what was required.  It was nowhere near good execution, and honestly I've never seen another striker do it that badly.  On both occasions, the striker is supposed to at least be on target.  If he fails in doing that then he has to work on it.  KJ could really benefit from some 1v1 drills, but I have to assume he already does those as part of his striker training.  I just hope that it starts to show.

His play to set up both goals plus another header or 2 on target were all very good, and on another day more of his headers will go in.  

I see Nicolas Anelka do worse dan dat on much better surface.  I not excusing it because in reality it was a good opportunity to extend de lead, buh to act like KJ is de biggest player on de planet to do dat is ah gross exaggeration jedd.  But overall yuh outlook is balanced and I could work with dat.  Man want to ride KJ fuh de misses and seem to not notice dat he had a hand in every goal scored so far.  No matter how yuh slice dat de captain is leading by example!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 07, 2011, 04:05:56 PM »
As longer as we beat Guyana!!!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 07, 2011, 04:15:31 PM »

That wasn't no chip, yuh don't chip by side-footing the ball.  The 2nd one, the bad part is that the touch was so far from what was required.  It was nowhere near good execution, and honestly I've never seen another striker do it that badly.  On both occasions, the striker is supposed to at least be on target.  If he fails in doing that then he has to work on it.  KJ could really benefit from some 1v1 drills, but I have to assume he already does those as part of his striker training.  I just hope that it starts to show.

I see Nicolas Anelka do worse dan dat on much better surface.  I not excusing it because in reality it was a good opportunity to extend de lead, buh to act like KJ is de biggest player on de planet to do dat is ah gross exaggeration jedd.  But overall yuh outlook is balanced and I could work with dat.  Man want to ride KJ fuh de misses and seem to not notice dat he had a hand in every goal scored so far.  No matter how yuh slice dat de captain is leading by example!

You hah tuh be joking.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 07, 2011, 04:20:32 PM »

You comparing Anelka against top players and teams around the world to KJ vs Barbados. Alyuh really cyah be serious

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 07, 2011, 04:20:53 PM »
Give me, Good control passes, and ball possession, over intense Tempo and can't keep the ball, anyday..
Give me Win and not looking good, missing opportunities, rather than looking great and lorse, every game we play.
Give me Win,pace, looking good, goals and 2 dudup, whenever it possible & necessary in the future  8)

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 07, 2011, 04:46:18 PM »
Give me, Good control passes, and ball possession, over intense Tempo and can't keep the ball, anyday..
Give me Win and not looking good, missing opportunities, rather than looking great and lorse, every game we play.
Give me Win,pace, looking good, goals and 2 dudup, whenever it possible & necessary in the future  8)

So let them add 1+1 and show they can add now, not trying to see if they can add 150+199+2+550?

What about when the time come to multiply or change decimals to fractions? Cause they coming quick eh.

Don't get me wrong, I am really glad WE win, but I need more. Can't be satisfied with this.

Offline ZURITRESS

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 07, 2011, 06:19:30 PM »
Men in here clueless, Barbados use the field as there leveler, that field in no way should be approved for a world cup game. Bounce unpredictable and how can you run at full speed on that kind of surface. You go in get the job done(3Pt's) and no injuries and go home. Somehow people in here feel Trinidad is some world power and is this same attitude that holds us back. Life begins with your mentality and the German philosophy is about structured results ( just get the job done) and as you grow, the chemistry will build and the beauty in the cohesiveness will show out. So all the armchair pundits that feel they could go out there and do it better than a man who has spent his life working on his trade to the point where your ass have to spend your money to watch him play. Life is full of people who hate on others because they cant achieve the same and instead of respecting the drive and commitment needed to reach where they are they talk BS. KJ, Stern, have earned respect as footballers, i don't know them personally so i am only commenting on their football skills and this is a football site. Sometimes lightening does strike in the same place twice, this German will build a very good team with the talent afforded him, the way qualifying is set up this team will make the hex and will compete and do well. Not because they deserve it but because it is not Trinidadians running the show

Offline Cityman

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Barbados Game (06-Sept-11) I think Otto should
« Reply #524 on: September 07, 2011, 06:23:24 PM »
I now see why we football has been suffering in T&T so long yes. these old fackers who hate success talkin out dey ole stink arse!! i know where all dat venom coming from, it's the fact that it's ah foreign coach wey hah dem runnin they fackin stink mout soo losely !

latas sh!t down the place and they wanted tuh keep him on for another ten yrs, talkin all dat shyte about another coach would get the same results, like they forgot what happened the last time bermuda played us in T&T, and the last time we played barbados we drew?

all this BS talk bc carlos was playing out of position, wasn't keon daniel played out of position for most his international career, as for jovin jones, isn't he banned for breakin cerfew? some body needs to talk to these ole asses yes! bunch ah fackin losers!

i wanted to make ah foriegn call and rock dem unno... hoss when is the last time tnt held a clean sheet in 3 matches in a row? also we creating chances... we just not putting them away.. thats jones fault. I rather roberts play upfront than jones b.c he has more speed...

overall, i was pleased with the result on the road, knowing that bdos would put atleast 9 men behind the ball in their own half not easy to go threw that. the fact that bdos are also a physical side.. and the pitch didnt suit us at all.

good result bring on guyana.
JusChrist

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: September 07, 2011, 06:24:45 PM »

You comparing Anelka against top players and teams around the world to KJ vs Barbados. Alyuh really cyah be serious
WHY not, ah miss is ah miss regardless of the opposition. yuh see how allyuh does be willin tuh over look ah big name stranger, but quick tuh disregard our own. in the bermuda game stern missed ah similar chance kicking the ball over bars and nobody eh bat an eye.

allyuh need tuh leave this bredder alone and let him grow and come into his own. for christ sake, this is ah defender turned striker allyuh recognize nah, plus the man set up both goals yesterday, did anyone even acknowledge?

as for nickolas anelka, he eh no big player, pleaseeee ! when last he score ah fackin goal? ::)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 06:27:30 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Cityman

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 07, 2011, 06:26:28 PM »
Good night all, in my opinion we need to expose the youths too the game especially at this stage, so when the opponents standard increase their confidence and awareness will be sharper , Carlos is being misused on the left side, Akiem could be used on the left back bring tint on the left release Carlos up the right
JusChrist

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 07, 2011, 06:34:04 PM »

WHY not, ah miss is ah miss regardless of the opposition. yuh see how allyuh does be willin tuh over look ah big name stranger, but quick tuh disregard our own. in the bermuda game stern missed ah similar chance kicking the ball over bars and nobody eh bat an eye.

allyuh need tuh leave this bredder alone and let him grow and come into his own. for christ sake, this is ah defender turned striker allyuh recognize nah, plus the man set up both goals yesterday, did anyone even acknowledge?

as for nickolas anelka, he eh no big player, pleaseeee ! when last he score ah fackin goal? ::)

So when yuh go tuh yuh Dr. and he tell yuh he use to be ah Mechanics and he pull out yuh Ball bearing instead ah yuh crankshaft doh be mad and sue him eh.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 07, 2011, 06:34:31 PM »
Men in here clueless, Barbados use the field as there leveler, that field in no way should be approved for a world cup game. Bounce unpredictable and how can you run at full speed on that kind of surface. You go in get the job done(3Pt's) and no injuries and go home. Somehow people in here feel Trinidad is some world power and is this same attitude that holds us back. Life begins with your mentality and the German philosophy is about structured results ( just get the job done) and as you grow, the chemistry will build and the beauty in the cohesiveness will show out. So all the armchair pundits that feel they could go out there and do it better than a man who has spent his life working on his trade to the point where your ass have to spend your money to watch him play. Life is full of people who hate on others because they cant achieve the same and instead of respecting the drive and commitment needed to reach where they are they talk BS. KJ, Stern, have earned respect as footballers, i don't know them personally so i am only commenting on their football skills and this is a football site. Sometimes lightening does strike in the same place twice, this German will build a very good team with the talent afforded him, the way qualifying is set up this team will make the hex and will compete and do well. Not because they deserve it but because it is not Trinidadians running the show
What wrong wid you man? what yuh doing? you eh know what yuh doin is illegal on this site, doh come back here and talk no more truth, bc yuh will catch ah beat down, not from me, but the bosses who hate tuh hear the truth.

BTW, the last part of your post was well put.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 07, 2011, 06:35:28 PM »

Shows how much you know.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 07, 2011, 07:08:34 PM »
Men in here clueless, Barbados use the field as there leveler, that field in no way should be approved for a world cup game. Bounce unpredictable and how can you run at full speed on that kind of surface. You go in get the job done(3Pt's) and no injuries and go home. Somehow people in here feel Trinidad is some world power and is this same attitude that holds us back. Life begins with your mentality and the German philosophy is about structured results ( just get the job done) and as you grow, the chemistry will build and the beauty in the cohesiveness will show out. So all the armchair pundits that feel they could go out there and do it better than a man who has spent his life working on his trade to the point where your ass have to spend your money to watch him play. Life is full of people who hate on others because they cant achieve the same and instead of respecting the drive and commitment needed to reach where they are they talk BS. KJ, Stern, have earned respect as footballers, i don't know them personally so i am only commenting on their football skills and this is a football site. Sometimes lightening does strike in the same place twice, this German will build a very good team with the talent afforded him, the way qualifying is set up this team will make the hex and will compete and do well. Not because they deserve it but because t is not Trinidadians running the show
11 men on de field, is de SHOW
11 men from TRINBAGO
1 german name  o TT o
says 1 game at a time
to Brazil LET's GO....

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 08, 2011, 03:49:26 PM »

Maybe reading isn't your thing, jess maybe eh.  De man said and I quote " I've never seen another striker do it that badly"  I responded by saying I have and named a striker that is world class that did it in better playing conditions.  So maybe yuh should understand de contexx before yuh start wid yuh shit.  As fuh yuh comment on my other post tell me which player in the games that counts under Phister has had more impact on us gettin 3 points in each game than the captain.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 08, 2011, 04:34:25 PM »

Maybe reading isn't your thing, jess maybe eh.  De man said and I quote " I've never seen another striker do it that badly"  I responded by saying I have and named a striker that is world class that did it in better playing conditions.  So maybe yuh should understand de contexx before yuh start wid yuh shit.  As fuh yuh comment on my other post tell me which player in the games that counts under Phister has had more impact on us gettin 3 points in each game than the captain.
Leave dem ppl nah killa, they want scotty who have plenty pretty touches and skill galore, but that's as far as it goes, no impact no unsettling defenses, no assist rate, and to top it off, no fackin goals.

if things remain the same i predict jones and roberts scoring ah bunch of goals, and forming a splendid pardnership that KJ didn't get with scotty, stern or glenn.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 08, 2011, 05:02:40 PM »
Not because they deserve it but because it is not Trinidadians running the show

Yeh right is not Trini running the show. I will accept your sentiment to a point. But is Trinis who developed them though. With the exception of birchal, Thompson, Jlloyd and Warner.

None of these foreigners develop we players. They all come for WC and then go their way. Well there is one exception. Pellerud with the women team. And then it is all left to the local "shitong" coaches like Grayson, Shabazz, Marlon Charles, Fevrier, Hudson, Corneal, Gosvenor,Bertil, Laforest, Coops and all those I can't remember to start from scratch to bring out a Vance, Peltier, Hector, Dasilva, York, Latas, etc.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 05:36:57 PM by Deeks »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 08, 2011, 05:41:54 PM »

Yeh right is not Trini running the show. I will accept you sentiment to a point. But is Trini who developed them though. With the exception of birchal, Thompson, Jlloyd and Warner. None of these foreigners develop we players. They all come for WC and then go their way.
What madness you talking deeks? :o  why yuh think the coach insist on foreign based players, that's bc the locals lack fundamental soundness. where you think players like stern, carlos, Kj, hyland, julius james, and roberts developed? not in ah foreign land away from T&T? and tuh strengthen that point, look how much skilla improved since he's been away.

doh geh meh wrong, ah know the TTFF runnin de show (and dem is the epitome and poster boys for the trinidad lackadaisical style) but our best players were all refined polished and fine tuned in bigger foreign leagues.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 05:46:12 PM by just cool »

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 08, 2011, 05:55:29 PM »
ok recardos watch the bloody replay.

1ST chance "that Jones "should of" scored.. The ball bubbled up and it went over

2nd chance Jones beat the keeper, the ball bubbles, hits a bump again and it goes out of play..

If you are focused on the ball movement alone i can understand how he manage to miss on both occasions, its pretty damm clear from the replay pay close attention...

Its hard enough to concentrate on the flow of play and the movement of the ball let alone try to predict where the bumps are on the pitch in another country field.

PLEASE STFU PPL... alyuh sounding rel rel retarded now with the bs

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 08, 2011, 06:06:13 PM »

Yeh right is not Trini running the show. I will accept you sentiment to a point. But is Trini who developed them though. With the exception of birchal, Thompson, Jlloyd and Warner. None of these foreigners develop we players. They all come for WC and then go their way.
What madness you talking deeks? :o  why yuh think the coach insist on foreign based players, that's bc the locals lack fundamental soundness. where you think players like stern, carlos, Kj, hyland, julius james, and roberts developed? not in ah foreign land away from T&T? and tuh strengthen that point, look how much skilla improved since he's been away.

doh geh meh wrong, ah know the TTFF runnin de show (and dem is the epitome and poster boys for the trinidad lackadaisical style) but our best players were all refined polished and fine tuned in bigger foreign leagues.

but our best players were all refined polished and fine tuned in bigger foreign leagues

That proves my point. All the players you mentioned learned their basics locally. But their drive and determination afforded them success. Dwight and Colvin Hutchinson went England together. I heard both were equally skillful. Who come home and who stayed in Eng. Dwight had the drive and desire. How much of the desire for success was motivated by Bertil. Look, players, writers, doctors, teachers leave TT for greener pastures. Africans leave to go the Euro in droves. Yet they still hire foreigners to coach their national team. But the local coach still have their job to do in honing the skill of the next Eto, Mikel, YaYa Toure,etc.

Offline ZURITRESS

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 08, 2011, 08:42:40 PM »
OK when i say it's not a trini running the show, i mean this coach is not being dictated to he is the one laying down his plan and how it will be executed. The government has made the funds available and all TTFF have to do after they take their cut is pay for what he say he want and stay out of his way. That is why them old locals in uproar because they never had or would ever have that kind of power. I can tell you it is night and day between what locals call professional and what the rest of the world does. The last local that was given that power was Gally and he lived the professional life and implemented it and his results is there in black and white. Why he failed because when it mattered most he was not calling the shots on Nov 19Th. Professionalism is not about talent, it is an attitude.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 09, 2011, 07:47:48 AM »
OK when i say it's not a trini running the show, i mean this coach is not being dictated to he is the one laying down his plan and how it will be executed. The government has made the funds available and all TTFF have to do after they take their cut is pay for what he say he want and stay out of his way. That is why them old locals in uproar because they never had or would ever have that kind of power. I can tell you it is night and day between what locals call professional and what the rest of the world does. The last local that was given that power was Gally and he lived the professional life and implemented it and his results is there in black and white. Why he failed because when it mattered most he was not calling the shots on Nov 19Th. Professionalism is not about talent, it is an attitude.

:beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 09, 2011, 08:58:38 AM »
That proves my point. All the players you mentioned learned their basics locally. But their drive and determination afforded them success. Dwight and Colvin Hutchinson went England together. I heard both were equally skillful. Who come home and who stayed in Eng. Dwight had the drive and desire. How much of the desire for success was motivated by Bertil. Look, players, writers, doctors, teachers leave TT for greener pastures. Africans leave to go the Euro in droves. Yet they still hire foreigners to coach their national team. But the local coach still have their job to do in honing the skill of the next Eto, Mikel, YaYa Toure,etc.

True eh because I challenge anybody to tell me ah man Like Grovesnor is ah shit coach when he have 3 of the best players on de NT right now bein St. Anthony's Allums.  But I see and agree with Zuritress point tho, because I hardly believe Latapy had free reign to do as he chose with the team.  Only foreign coach I can think of that didn't have that kind of power is Maturana and despite that he had us looking tops against our central american opponents who generally on a more consistent basis outperform the CFU teams.

Just Cool is simple insanity oui!  Look how ah man like sHOTTA actually watching a key component in the Jones misses.  9/10 he woulda make dem same plays count on de pitches in England but to hear man tell it is like he eh good and he misses is de worse ever seen from a professional player :rotfl:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 09:01:19 AM by Flickin Killa a/k/a Mad Scorpion »

1]; } ?>