April 18, 2024, 05:19:48 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Barbados Game (06-Sept-11)  (Read 80118 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Barbados Game (06-Sept-11)
« Reply #540 on: September 09, 2011, 02:11:27 PM »
I could see on the first chance that went overbars that the ball did pop up.
On the 2nd one where he tried to go around the keeper I not sure if that was the cause.  It hard to work out how the bounce would cause him to boots it out that far.  When yuh pushin the ball, if it is higher than expected you would hit under the ball and it would not go as far as you wanted it to, or it would bounce upward off your foot.
It did bobble just before he took that touch though.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 09, 2011, 02:26:43 PM »
I could see on the first chance that went overbars that the ball did pop up.
On the 2nd one where he tried to go around the keeper I not sure if that was the cause.  It hard to work out how the bounce would cause him to boots it out that far.  When yuh pushin the ball, if it is higher than expected you would hit under the ball and it would not go as far as you wanted it to, or it would bounce upward off your foot.
It did bobble just before he took that touch though.

Ah could admit yuh is ah fair fella, caw at least yuh tryin to see wha sHOTTA mention. I eh go pretend to not be disappointed dat we eh score more and leadin because ah believe we should be de outright leaders ah we group.  Buh at de same time I feel yuh ha to try an be fair and realize that these fellas eh had much opportunity to play with this coach and get comfortable with he system as well as personnel selection yet.  I will give dem time.  De KJ dis an dat brigade need to relax and see dat despite de percieved negatives de man contributing steadily and if de Bajan (jokey) commentry mean anything KJ was a lot to handle thru de whole game.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 09, 2011, 06:51:23 PM »
Lets be fair. The man coming from well watered billiard table fields, to play in a flickin parking lot with some grass. The ball moving like a dam goggly.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 09, 2011, 10:20:41 PM »
OK when i say it's not a trini running the show, i mean this coach is not being dictated to he is the one laying down his plan and how it will be executed. The government has made the funds available and all TTFF have to do after they take their cut is pay for what he say he want and stay out of his way. That is why them old locals in uproar because they never had or would ever have that kind of power. I can tell you it is night and day between what locals call professional and what the rest of the world does. The last local that was given that power was Gally and he lived the professional life and implemented it and his results is there in black and white. Why he failed because when it mattered most he was not calling the shots on Nov 19Th. Professionalism is not about talent, it is an attitude.

I know that's what you mean and that's why I told you you eh know to much. I guess the coach did not want to play any friendlies before he go into WC qualification. Now where did I hear that before.....hmmmmm   :thinking: :thinking:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 10, 2011, 05:41:27 AM »

Men in here clueless, Barbados use the field as there leveler, that field in no way should be approved for a world cup game. Bounce unpredictable and how can you run at full speed on that kind of surface. You go in get the job done(3Pt's) and no injuries and go home.

Somehow people in here feel Trinidad is some world power and is this same attitude that holds us back.

Life begins with your mentality and the German philosophy is about structured results ( just get the job done) and as you grow, the chemistry will build and the beauty in the cohesiveness will show out. So all the armchair pundits that feel they could go out there and do it better than a man who has spent his life working on his trade to the point where your ass have to spend your money to watch him play.

Life is full of people who hate on others because they cant achieve the same and instead of respecting the drive and commitment needed to reach where they are they talk BS. KJ, Stern, have earned respect as footballers, i don't know them personally so i am only commenting on their football skills and this is a football site. Sometimes lightening does strike in the same place twice, this German will build a very good team with the talent afforded him, the way qualifying is set up this team will make the hex and will compete and do well. Not because they deserve it but because it is not Trinidadians running the show

This is what i like to call "nail hitting the head" stuff.  I was now coming on to type this. 

Four time world cup winners Italy were one of the first teams to qualify for Euro 2012, but they did so by beating the Farore Islands 1-0 and Slovenia 1-0 to qualify. 

I guess their fans should boycott the finals because they didnt win more heavily, especially against the islanders.  They missed chance after chance and they have a better coaching system, youth development programme, professional league, players, training facilities etc.

Right now we should focus on getting results and once we get results, all these asshole who want we to play like Brazil will shut dey mouth.

I ask one simple question, which fans are happier in the premier league?

Stoke? (who got promoted, dont really play an attractive brand, but has made themselves a permanent fixture in the Prem) or

Blackpool? (who was everybody's second team, who played lovely attractive football, did the double over Liverpool, but got relegated after just one season)

Results are results, the team will get better with time, just let them grow...........

Imagine men expect Kenwyne to be running on that bumpy field like ah headless chicken  ??? 

I am not saying that we should be happy with their performance, but in time, things will improve.

Two games, 6pts.............ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

1]; } ?>