March 28, 2024, 02:06:29 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Barbados Game (06-Sept-11)  (Read 79546 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Barbados Game (06-Sept-11)
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2011, 05:46:01 PM »
Just heard on Bajan news the match will be at 4 PM
Thanks for that info you gave on the Bim players that were supposed to play and as much as i respect the overseas players I dont think there will be nuff time for them to trouble TT,as you saw with TT,it takes time to gel and we have a higher calibre of players.In recent times Bajan football has been in the doldrums so to speak,surely that mottley selection cant trouble us.Guyana ress 2 pon dem so I am going for a 4-0 beat dung of Bim.I think that by the time we are through this group our team would be about 90% sorted,the jigsaw should be fixed by then.

the system is being put in place, pfister working out kinks

i doubt it will be 4-0, maybe 2-0, thats a good score for now

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2011, 06:55:15 PM »
the first leg game between Barbados versus Trinidad & Tobago will be played on the 6th of September at the National Stadium, Waterford, St. Michael for 4 pm

4 PM? Dey have curfew too or wha?  ;D

nah dey realise how we play at 4:00

:-[  :rotfl:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2011, 07:38:37 PM »
Thanks for that info you gave on the Bim players that were supposed to play and as much as i respect the overseas players I dont think there will be nuff time for them to trouble TT,as you saw with TT,it takes time to gel and we have a higher calibre of players.In recent times Bajan football has been in the doldrums so to speak,surely that mottley selection cant trouble us.Guyana ress 2 pon dem so I am going for a 4-0 beat dung of Bim.I think that by the time we are through this group our team would be about 90% sorted,the jigsaw should be fixed by then.

we not in no position to be dismissing nobody all dis talk bout drubbin is eggs for chickens.....was have to play like every game serious or we will get ah stiff shock in we ass...........like we gettin ever so often dese days
I pity the fool....

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2011, 07:50:03 PM »

I hope you realise that the jigsaw is how to get Camps to resign as president of the TTFF and to put someone else who is accountable, knows what they are doing and cares about T&T football in charge!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2011, 07:52:37 PM »
Stern will not be traveling wit de team to Barbados.

Here is a message he posted on Facebook:
Thank you to all my fans and friends for your words of support and comfort in this time. Miss you Mama and hope you are looking down on us smiling! I'd like to wish my teammates on the National Team the best in Tuesday's World Cup qualifier against Barbados. I know we are good enough to come home with three points. I will not be traveling with the team for this match. Make me proud guys!
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2011, 09:11:10 PM »
the first leg game between Barbados versus Trinidad & Tobago will be played on the 6th of September at the National Stadium, Waterford, St. Michael for 4 pm

4 PM? Dey have curfew too or wha?  ;D

nah dey realise how we play at 4:00

:-[  :rotfl:
Maybe thats right but their excuse is that their lighting isn't good enough
http://www.nationnews.com/articles/view/early-start/?utm_term=Barbados&utm_content=BarbadosVIP&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Barbados Game (09-Sept-11)
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2011, 10:52:48 PM »
Which Local Station showing this game?
Station? boy jump on ah plane and go and spend two days in bim, after all yuh only 25 mins away by air and it's only $9.00 US on red jet.

take ah bath in some nice blue waters instead ah dat maracas grey water for ah change, and eat some flying fish and coco and drink some strong Mt gay and banks and enjoy the game eh. yuh could get the caricom rates on most hotels, just walk wid a T&T passport and yuh safe.

after the game yuh could hit harbor lights and wine up on some young fresh sweet high color bajan gyul, yuh young, live ah little. ;)   :beermug:

Booking my flights today, any idea if we can buy tix for the game online or in T&T?
Would love tuh help meh boy, but i all the way in brooklyn gettin ready tuh take in some pan in the museum.  :'(
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 10:59:57 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
  • If it is to be, then it is up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2011, 11:57:22 PM »
im not confident with tt performane at home i think we are letting otto off a lil two easy yes everybody will have they lil 2 cent on changes and tactics he could off made but aside from that im just saying for a side playn at home we did not look very solid and lack alot in areas and it appears instead off asking question and putting a lil pressure on otto to get his act together faster, we instead are nurturing his failure with our own excuse yes its only two games incharge but still we all know we r capable of playing way better than wat we have seen anyway i hope he gets it right for barbados though
wise men talke because they have something to say,fools talk because they have to say something

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2011, 12:49:30 AM »
im not confident with tt performane at home i think we are letting otto off a lil two easy yes everybody will have they lil 2 cent on changes and tactics he could off made but aside from that im just saying for a side playn at home we did not look very solid and lack alot in areas and it appears instead off asking question and putting a lil pressure on otto to get his act together faster, we instead are nurturing his failure with our own excuse yes its only two games incharge but still we all know we r capable of playing way better than wat we have seen anyway i hope he gets it right for barbados though

Tend to agree with your sentuments here. But I think people are reserving judgment until he has a few more games under his belt.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2011, 02:35:43 AM »
im not confident with tt performane at home i think we are letting Otho off a ill two easy yes everybody will have they lil 2 cent on changes and tactics he could off made but aside from that im just saying for a side playn at home we did not look very solid and lack alot in areas and it appears instead off asking question and putting a lil pressure on otto to get his act together faster, we instead are nurturing his failure with our own excuse yes its only two games incharge but still we all know we r capable of playing way better than wat we have seen anyway i hope he gets it right for barbados though
If you think bermuda is ah push over team then you're sadly mistaken buddy! i was of the same opinion until i saw them play. this team is capable of stopping any of the big four teams in concacaf from scoring on them, that's bc they run hard, they have loads of skill and they are a cohesive unit, don't you see most of these guys have been playing together for @ least four yrs?

on friday they came for a draw, that's why they didn't attack with ferocity, instead they wanted to keep ah clean sheet by shutting us out, so they flooded the midfield in order to maintain possession, most under dogs do that to win the possession battle, and in turn it makes the big team seem less than ordinary.

have patients, the man didn't have any warm up games and now he has to learn his players through trial and error. and what the hell you're mad about, we won didn't we? and we kept ah clean sheet in the process, with ah bunch of players playing out of position and ah weak defense. be happy nah, we will work it out eventually.     :beermug:

The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Born Again!

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2011, 05:31:33 AM »
3 points against BIM will be good enough for me. It will take at least 3-4 match days for Otto to work out the basic framework of our best 11. I am willing to give him those 4 games. My only expectation at this point in time is to beat these teams.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2011, 08:34:18 AM »
It ent Otto fault Carlos and Hyland play shit.

Why alyuh don't blame players for pulling stones when they supposed to step up.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2011, 09:10:59 AM »
Pfister is in an extremely difficult situation. He had no friendly matches in which to see the foreign-based players as the only match provided by the TTFF - against India - fell on a "non-FIFA" date. He is therefore required to establish his opinion on these players, how to use them, and to win official WCQ matches at one and the same time. Correctly, like all of us, he is satisfied that we won three points against Bermuda but, like all of us, could hardly be happy with the performance of the team as a whole, and specific players, in particular. I am sure we will not see Warner again, but Pfister HAD to use him - despite his admiration for Marvin Phillip - in order to SEE him in a MATCH situation, as opposed to training. and this is only one such conclusion. So the primary and secondary objective of the match were definitely achieved - 1) to win, and 2) to have a first-hand look at players he had never seen live before.

The man is a vastly experienced - and successful - campaigner. On to Barbados, where we trust we will take the points and continue the building process.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2011, 09:48:52 AM »
This is one time I want T&T to beat Barbados and give them their second straight loss in the group. A 6-0 cut-arse would put me on a high. :flamethrower: them. :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: T&T.

For abusing my Jamaican sister. I dislike them. You would not believe. :puking: 
jjbrown

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2011, 10:00:12 AM »
This is one time I want T&T to beat Barbados and give them their second straight loss in the group. A 6-0 cut-arse would put me on a high. :flamethrower: them. :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: T&T.

Oye, oye, oye.....doh blight we team.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2011, 10:07:05 AM »
Pfister is in an extremely difficult situation. He had no friendly matches in which to see the foreign-based players as the only match provided by the TTFF - against India - fell on a "non-FIFA" date. He is therefore required to establish his opinion on these players, how to use them, and to win official WCQ matches at one and the same time. Correctly, like all of us, he is satisfied that we won three points against Bermuda but, like all of us, could hardly be happy with the performance of the team as a whole, and specific players, in particular. I am sure we will not see Warner again, but Pfister HAD to use him - despite his admiration for Marvin Phillip - in order to SEE him in a MATCH situation, as opposed to training. and this is only one such conclusion. So the primary and secondary objective of the match were definitely achieved - 1) to win, and 2) to have a first-hand look at players he had never seen live before.

The man is a vastly experienced - and successful - campaigner. On to Barbados, where we trust we will take the points and continue the building process.

any reason why hector was not selected when we are short on a creative mid on the team? ???

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2011, 10:15:37 AM »

Oye, oye, oye.....doh blight we team.....
Only when your Soca Warriors play against the Reggae Boyz. ;D
jjbrown

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2011, 10:57:43 AM »
Why was Hector excluded? Coach's call, I guess. No two coaches will necessarily see a match the same way, or select the same team, and that's fine as long as one wins. As an example, Latapy, our finest talent was left on the bench by Beenhakker for much of the Germany campaign. Hopefully, the campaign will be long and Hector will have more opportunity to get into Pfister's plans.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2011, 11:03:36 AM »
Why was Hector excluded? Coach's call, I guess. No two coaches will necessarily see a match the same way, or select the same team, and that's fine as long as one wins. As an example, Latapy, our finest talent was left on the bench by Beenhakker for much of the Germany campaign. Hopefully, the campaign will be long and Hector will have more opportunity to get into Pfister's plans.

thanks for the feedback :beermug:

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2011, 03:06:41 PM »

Hector had his audition against India and maybe didn't impress the coach enough. I suspect he'll eventually be given another chance tho. He is one of those players that desperately need to go abraod to reach his true potential.

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2011, 05:33:05 PM »
Otto may be experienced but he did not have the kind of impact I expected! Teams like Bermuda got 6 and 7 goals from us in the recent past just based on the likes of outstanding players we had in the 70s 80s and even 90s! What has our football come too! With all these pros and this is the score? And people making excuses for Otto! I don't think he can make much of a Difference and it is too costly for this low level of opponents! Look where we football reach! Maybe we should start investing in our younger players and start preparing for 2018!

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2011, 05:36:02 PM »
Otto may be experienced but he did not have the kind of impact I expected! Teams like Bermuda got 6 and 7 goals from us in the recent past just based on the likes of outstanding players we had in the 70s 80s and even 90s! What has our football come too! With all these pros and this is the score? And people making excuses for Otto! I don't think he can make much of a Difference and it is too costly for this low level of opponents! Look where we football reach! Maybe we should start investing in our younger players and start preparing for 2018!

i could recall us losing to bermuda in the recent past, my recent past different from yours

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2011, 05:48:21 PM »
im not confident with tt performane at home i think we are letting Otho off a ill two easy yes everybody will have they lil 2 cent on changes and tactics he could off made but aside from that im just saying for a side playn at home we did not look very solid and lack alot in areas and it appears instead off asking question and putting a lil pressure on otto to get his act together faster, we instead are nurturing his failure with our own excuse yes its only two games incharge but still we all know we r capable of playing way better than wat we have seen anyway i hope he gets it right for barbados though
If you think bermuda is ah push over team then you're sadly mistaken buddy! i was of the same opinion until i saw them play. this team is capable of stopping any of the big four teams in concacaf from scoring on them, that's bc they run hard, they have loads of skill and they are a cohesive unit, don't you see most of these guys have been playing together for @ least four yrs?

That would explain why they have kept exactly 5 clean sheets in their last 40 games against such offensive powerhouses of Concacaf as Montserrat (2x!), Nicaragua, US Virgin Islands and Barbados...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2011, 05:49:30 PM »
Well I guess we lost within the last five years ! I guess recent in relative! I am talking about the good ole days when our b team gave teams like Bermuda and Martinique 6 and 7 goals!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2011, 05:56:24 PM »
CNMG better not f**k around.. I want my game live.. we not in the 80's.. its 2011

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2011, 06:24:12 PM »

That would explain why they have kept exactly 5 clean sheets in their last 40 games against such offensive powerhouses of Concacaf as Montserrat (2x!), Nicaragua, US Virgin Islands and Barbados...

as usual mon frere you are on point with the facts

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2011, 09:20:42 PM »
CNMG better not f**k around.. I want my game live.. we not in the 80's.. its 2011

you have high hopes

all sport already failing with their marketing strategy for the national team, it wouldn't surprise me if the match is not televised >:(

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2011, 06:10:20 AM »

They showed the game from Friday yet??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2011, 06:12:09 AM »

They showed the game from Friday yet??

nope
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2011, 06:22:19 AM »
This is a new era....[No more Jumping Jack that is over..]can I have an Amen up in this Mother
New coach new set of players and a new campaign
No internationals to incoperate our players applying their trade overseas,truth be told we  were all  expecting a little more from Our Warriors,in terms of a wider margin of victory,which did not come to pass but we won and kept a clean sheet.Like true Warriors they preserved a one nil victory
I can only see improvement for the rest of this campaign
Play some ball win matches and move up the rankings.... :devil:

1]; } ?>