March 29, 2024, 04:11:04 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Barbados Game (06-Sept-11)  (Read 79578 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Barbados Game (06-Sept-11)
« Reply #120 on: September 06, 2011, 09:53:56 AM »
What happened to Jan Michael Williams?

Bajans cah pick up the Indian team at the airport, cah cut the grass at the stadium and now cah manage a signal feed for the game.

They sure they want to play football.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 06, 2011, 09:59:59 AM »
What happened to Jan Michael Williams?

Bajans cah pick up the Indian team at the airport, cah cut the grass at the stadium and now cah manage a signal feed for the game.

They sure they want to play football.

VB

The latter two points (grass cutting and signal field) might be tactical. Don't underestimate BIM!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 06, 2011, 10:10:47 AM »
Beside the obvious omission of Hector.

anyone else curious as to why Spann, Cornell Glenn and Jan Williams not in the mix. What is Warner doing better than Williams?

VB

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 06, 2011, 10:18:29 AM »

anyone else curious as to why Spann, Cornell Glenn and Jan Williams not in the mix. What is Warner doing better than Williams?

VB

Not too sure about Jan Michael Williams, but Spann and Cornell Glenn especially not in any kind of form for NT ball. Glenn need to get fit and get back to a higher level. Right now I would put Roberts, KJ, Stern, Scotland, Jorsling and even Sealey all ahead of him in the pecking order.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 06, 2011, 10:20:15 AM »
What is Warner doing better than Williams?

He getting a 2nd chance. He lucky Otto compassionate!!!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 06, 2011, 10:30:07 AM »

VB

Not too sure about Jan Michael Williams, but Spann and Cornell Glenn especially not in any kind of form for NT ball. Glenn need to get fit and get back to a higher level. Right now I would put Roberts, KJ, Stern, Scotland, Jorsling and even Sealey all ahead of him in the pecking order.

Dinho,

just curious where u get that infor from?

VB

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 06, 2011, 10:54:31 AM »
Who or what is a Trident?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trident

A trident (play /ˈtraɪdənt/), also called a leister or gig, is a three-pronged spear. It is used for spear fishing and was also a military weapon. Tridents are featured widely in mythical, historical and modern culture. The sea god Poseidon or Neptune is classically depicted bearing a trident. In Christian iconography, the trident is the weapon of the Devil.

Note that a trident is not a pitchfork. A pitchfork is an agricultural tool with two to six tines (also called prongs) which are shaped in such a way that they can be used to lift and pitch (throw) loose material.

So, the devil after us today! 

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 06, 2011, 10:56:13 AM »
Nobody have a line up for today? ;-)

I want to put Hector in my lineup just for spite. I think Otto will start with Warner and Hyland but mine is

Roberts/KJ

Daniel                               Leon/Birch                            Wolfe

Adams                             James/Power                            Carlos

Samuel

Hyland should come off the bench, likewise Tinto.

Wolfe is a natural forward and I rather have CE backing him up.

We could put Peltier up front and Let Roberts go on the left.

VB

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 06, 2011, 11:29:27 AM »
i hear it have plenty trini living and working in bim. ah hope they come out to represent.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 06, 2011, 12:13:13 PM »
touches if you have a camera crew that have the equipment and ability let me know, the fans might as well start dey own thing
I know a guy in Guyana who does that and will be bringing their match with Bermuda live tonight over the internet.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 06, 2011, 12:14:35 PM »
Its a well known fact that Bajans are known for using underhand tricks in every walk of life so our players must be on the look-out for anything.Who could forget when they bowled 7 overs in a little over an hour to avoid TT beating them.They also took TT to an international court and say we taking their oil from under the sea bed,they lost of course,they also gone in Tobago and take the flying fish and say its theirs,dont trust dem TT BUT MAKE SURE AND GIVE THEM A GOOD ARSE KICKING.We should be capable of bussing dey arse on any surface,long grass,short grass,mud,sand or any other surface,ah cyah wait.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 06, 2011, 12:18:15 PM »
Will need to shut down Forde as everything goes through him in midfield. D last time Bim play here he manners both Bleeder and Hardest in d middle.

Good luck to the guys
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 06, 2011, 12:21:18 PM »
touches if you have a camera crew that have the equipment and ability let me know, the fans might as well start dey own thing
I know a guy in Guyana who does that and will be bringing their match with Bermuda live tonight over the internet.

Worm, I had an idea recently to create a channell on the Roku player to show games involving both Jamaica and T&T (and any other games of interest for that matter. I am currently developing the channel, and will touch base with you shortly on obtaining a catalog of all the videos you have that might be good candidate for this channel  - as long as the video can encoded in .mp4 format. I already have software that can encode the vidoes.  The Roku players are fairly inexpenisve (you can get one for abt US$45). What it does basically is allow those of us who dont enjoy watching games on a computer screen to see them on their (normally larger) television sets instead. I currently use my Roku box today to watch content from youtube, JustinTV etc on my widescreen tv in HD (before i was limited to watching these on my 20 inc computer screen. The Roku also offer over 200 free channels (this thing is going to kill cable)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 12:23:30 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 06, 2011, 12:24:39 PM »

Worm, I had an idea recently to create a channell on the Roku player to show games involving both Jamaica and T&T (and any other games of interest for that matter. I am currently developing the channel, and will touch base with you shortly on obtaining a catalog of all the videos you have that might be good candidate for this channel  - as long as the video can encoded in .mp4 format. I already have software that can encode the vidoes.  The Roku players are fairly inexpenisve (you can get one for abt US$45). What it does basically is allow those of us who dont enjoy watching games on a computer screen to see them on their (normally larger) television sets instead. I currently use my Roku box today to watch content from youtube, JustinTV etc on my widescreen tv in HD (before i was limited to watching these on my 20 inc computer screen. The Roku also offer over 200 free channels (this thing is going to kill cable)
That sounds good, just let me know

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 06, 2011, 12:26:00 PM »
Who or what is a Trident?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trident

A trident (play /ˈtraɪdənt/), also called a leister or gig, is a three-pronged spear. It is used for spear fishing and was also a military weapon. Tridents are featured widely in mythical, historical and modern culture. The sea god Poseidon or Neptune is classically depicted bearing a trident. In Christian iconography, the trident is the weapon of the Devil.

Note that a trident is not a pitchfork. A pitchfork is an agricultural tool with two to six tines (also called prongs) which are shaped in such a way that they can be used to lift and pitch (throw) loose material.

So, the devil after us today! 

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

The Bajan flag has a Trident on it in the middle of the yellow stripe!
Check the flag on this Rupee track from YouTube!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2_BndvlHqPU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2_BndvlHqPU</a>

Those people worship the Devil so we need to send them back to hell today during the game!!  :devil:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 12:28:44 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 06, 2011, 12:35:57 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pPxN8BAdVVA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pPxN8BAdVVA</a>

Soca Warriors vs Bajan Tridents aka Bajan Devils today at 4pm!!

The Rocket crashed so the Bajans have renamed their team the Bajan Tridents!!

Doesn't make a difference, licks same way!!   :devil:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 12:39:59 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #136 on: September 06, 2011, 12:44:33 PM »

there is also google tv as well, logitech i believe has a box with the same capabilities i believe.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 06, 2011, 12:46:59 PM »
Trying ting

Go here...click on CBC it's the Bajan sports channel but I only seeing music.

These are the Bajan live streams on tv.

Prob nutten go happen but worth a shot.

http://tvliveonline24.com/live-tv/Barbados-tv-channels-169.html

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 06, 2011, 12:51:20 PM »
Trying ting

Just checked CBC's schedule, no football for today.

VB

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 06, 2011, 12:58:09 PM »
So alvin blaming the HCS groundsman and low grass for why the pasing percentage was off.

However, there is need for constructive observation for the benefit of learning the lessons and recognising the mistakes on and off the field. My first critique is angled upon the person who decided that the stadium field must be fast, and figured that cutting the grass down to the roots was a great idea.

Big mistake! Ask any of the players of national teams of the past and even the present if that assessment was to their benefit and the answer may reveal the reason why the speed of the ball on the surface was an obstruction which may be partly responsible for inaccurate passing at a high percentage of over 30 per cent.

:rotfl:

So by extension...given that they playing in "bush" today...the passing go be near to 100%. As the speed will be slower.

Riiiigggghhhttt....So the 4-5 days they practice on the short grass before, they ent get they touch in gear then. Or was it a conspiracy and they cut the grass on game day.

Look them men is PROS...wearing $US 300 boots that making the ball stick to yuh foot and ben and swerve when needed. The reason they cannot make a proper pass is not the height of the HCS grass but years of repetition of the wrong thing and learning improper technique.

Look...if a man cyar make a pass on short grass he ent supposed to be playing no fitball, worse yet be on a national team.

Alvin dais d best excuse yuh could come with...as yuh son passin drill the team work on during the week ent wuk on Fri.

De man saying in a round about way that we players not technical enough to play on fast fields.

So playing in CoE, we was shyte then?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 06, 2011, 12:59:21 PM »
trident and the devil fork. Allyuh is real kicks. Bajan are some of the most religeous peopele in the Caribbean.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 06, 2011, 01:01:11 PM »
sad! real sad!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 06, 2011, 01:42:24 PM »
Patriot has indicated d strtin line up

Phillips for Warner HALLEUJAH
Keon for Hyland
Leon for Stern

All the rest is as last Fri
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 06, 2011, 01:46:01 PM »
who going chat?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #144 on: September 06, 2011, 01:48:47 PM »
who going chat?

ah go be there :beermug: its been a while

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 06, 2011, 01:50:59 PM »
Patriot has indicated d strtin line up

Phillips for Warner HALLEUJAH
Keon for Hyland
Leon for Stern

All the rest is as last Fri

but that is my lineup ....;-)

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 06, 2011, 01:54:07 PM »
Trying ting

Here is a link to CBC Live but it is down right now :(
http://www.cbc.bb/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1941&Itemid=89

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 06, 2011, 02:06:23 PM »
Is there a radio link?

That i95 link isn't working.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 06, 2011, 02:07:00 PM »
anyone knows if we boys playing they natural positions???
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

1]; } ?>