March 28, 2024, 02:23:01 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Barbados Game (06-Sept-11)  (Read 79547 times)

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Barbados Game (06-Sept-11)
« Reply #450 on: September 07, 2011, 05:24:19 AM »
glad for de six points..
Gary i will come and check yuh friday man!
Back in Trini...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 07, 2011, 06:10:21 AM »
I'm with socapro. we shoulda hang that side...goal difference is never to be underestimated...

Second match in a sequence is when you getting into gear after a long period not playing together. In october man team in playoffs and relegation battle and all kinda thing.

Most teams of any quality only convert 1/4 of their chances against a clearly inferior opponent. To beat them 3-0 you create 10 to 12 chances of which maybe half on target, or you have to be extra clinical. You can't teach clinicism, you either have it or you don't. If you don't have it, you need to work on getting into position, both individually and collectively

yeah but consider de circumstances nah... steups

everybody understand goal difference and de schedule... as it is we have 2 home game remaining... Guyana have 1....

and allyuh really fraid Guyana... especially considering we playing dem last when we have some games under we belt.... steups again

FF, I like your attitude. We should not be concern about Guyana, BUT................ Had we have a decent prep. I would not be that concern. BUT ...................ttff????????

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 07, 2011, 06:22:44 AM »
HIGHLIGHTS

T&T vs Barbados WCQ - Tuesday Sept 6th, 2011

Ah really doh get de soundtrack...then again, the commentary was horrendous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4UWjvWBGGI
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 06:52:17 AM by fidel2xl »
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 07, 2011, 07:01:23 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/C4UWjvWBGGI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/C4UWjvWBGGI</a>
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline ES10

• New Warrior
  • El Salvador Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 07, 2011, 07:10:45 AM »
Fellas, honestly don't mean to troll or anything, but here are highlights of ES's win from last night...thought some of you might be interested in it since we'll likely face off next round...cheers... : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyBeIPqnNWA

While I'm at it, here are highlights from the 1st matchday vs the Dominicans : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwHpKc3jT-0&feature=related

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #455 on: September 07, 2011, 07:44:19 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/C4UWjvWBGGI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/C4UWjvWBGGI</a>

Wow- I really didn't understand just how bad that pitch was until I saw this. I could see why our guys didn't play harder- can't blame them for trying to avoid injury in such an easily winnable game.

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 07, 2011, 08:00:49 AM »

Wow- I really didn't understand just how bad that pitch was until I saw this. I could see why our guys didn't play harder- can't blame them for trying to avoid injury in such an easily winnable game.

I agree. I  can't believe that's a national stadium. Barbados has money, they can afford better than that.  Anyone has an idea what Guyana and Bahamas stadiums are like?

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 07, 2011, 08:05:32 AM »

Thanks for the highlights. Game look like they were playing in slow mo. but morvant savannah looks better than that field.

Im loving their away kit tho. looks fresh
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 07, 2011, 08:06:14 AM »
HIGHLIGHTS

T&T vs Barbados WCQ - Tuesday Sept 6th, 2011

Ah really doh get de soundtrack...then again, the commentary was horrendous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4UWjvWBGGI

wham, u doh like Kes ah wah?  8)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 07, 2011, 08:26:39 AM »
I'm with socapro. we shoulda hang that side...goal difference is never to be underestimated...

Second match in a sequence is when you getting into gear after a long period not playing together. In october man team in playoffs and relegation battle and all kinda thing.

Most teams of any quality only convert 1/4 of their chances against a clearly inferior opponent. To beat them 3-0 you create 10 to 12 chances of which maybe half on target, or you have to be extra clinical. You can't teach clinicism, you either have it or you don't. If you don't have it, you need to work on getting into position, both individually and collectively

Allyuh living in a dreamland and watching too much top tier football on TV. 

It's T&T vs Barbados we talkin' about...

What do you mean by MOST teams?  Where you get that 25% stat from...

Clinicism?  Yuh making up words now?

I really doh understand how allyuh expect a team of average players at the beginning of the competitive season, who just got called to a very short camp after a long-term hiatus tuh just "hang" the opposition jusso jusso... Men callin' fuh 6 and 8 goals...You serious?  Yeah, unlike YOU, dem fellas never heard of the concept of goal differnce and wasn't really trying tuh score....steups...  Allyuh really have no idea jed.

The journey now start, and we now figuring things out - just wish de fellas de bess nuh.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 08:31:15 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 07, 2011, 08:31:48 AM »

I really doh understand how allyuh expect a team of average players at the beginning of the competitive season, who just got called to a very short camp after a long-term hiatus tuh just "hang" the opposition jusso jusso... Men callin' fuh 6 and 8 goals...Allyuh serious?  Allyuh really have no idea jed.

The journey now start, and we now figuring things out - just wish de fellas de bess nuh.

Also we was never ever 6-8 goals better than barbados away from home... dem fellas outta timing
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline eyezahspy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 07, 2011, 08:46:31 AM »
From the highlights, we could have beaten Bim 4-0. No excuse for that horrendous Kenwyne miss...just saying...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 07, 2011, 08:58:56 AM »
Is them white boots. Go back to basic black. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 07, 2011, 08:59:41 AM »
I think it's fair to say that in BOTH games a 3-0 or 4-0 final score was on the table.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 07, 2011, 09:18:09 AM »
Is it me or that game look like a Sunday morning sweat in the Queens Park Savannah?  The game slow, Barbados have some men that way overweight, the ground bumpy....  I really can't believe that is international football.

KJ look totally disinterested.... Maybe is just me and I eh getting on KJ but perhaps it's hard for him to get up for these games hence the laise faire attitude...
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: September 07, 2011, 09:30:49 AM »
Having looked at some of the scores there is nuff proof that the weaker teams have caught up with the big boys in CONCACAF.Belize 1 Guatemala 2,Cayman Island 0 El Salvador0,Curasao 2 Haiti 3,Guyana APPEARS TO BE DOING BETTER AGAINST OPPONENTS WE STRUGGLED TO BEAT.There is no sure thing in CONCACAF,that is long time ting.
Before allyuh jump out the window, lets see how they do on the road. they had two home games and they seem to protect they home field advantage. now the road awaits.

Did you not forecast that Guyana won't beat Bermuda?  ::)
Yes i did! but i was wrong! bermuda somehow didn't come to play guyana the way they came to play us. i still maintain that bermuda is ah a strong team.

Apparently not as strong as Guyana!  :-X
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 07, 2011, 09:34:18 AM »
Is it me or that game look like a Sunday morning sweat in the Queens Park Savannah?  The game slow, Barbados have some men that way overweight, the ground bumpy....  I really can't believe that is international football.

KJ look totally disinterested.... Maybe is just me and I eh getting on KJ but perhaps it's hard for him to get up for these games hence the laise faire attitude...

It look real jokey fuh real.  I think the guys took it seriously though.  It was probably a little more challenging to get up for because of the lack of atmosphere etc, but under the circumstances, I imagine the fellas took on the task like professionals. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 07, 2011, 09:36:18 AM »
glad for de six points..
Gary i will come and check yuh friday man!

I'll be there too! We'll have a drink!!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 07, 2011, 10:00:16 AM »

everybody understand goal difference and de schedule... as it is we have 2 home game remaining... Guyana have 1....

and allyuh really fraid Guyana... especially considering we playing dem last when we have some games under we belt.... steups again

De only big side in the world that doh usually hang de teams that not in they league and still do well in the last ten years or so is Italy. Check out Germany, Holland, Spain, Portugal etc results against the minnows in qualifying in the last 4 tourneys or so. You could contrast that with England, France (since Zidane and co gone), Brazil since Scolari left... maybe Argentina.

Is not about fraiding Guyana. Is about installing a winning mentality...and not just a winning mentality but a winner's mentality. You doh half ass it on the field. When you get a side who have obvious failings you need to punish them. That is how you build confidence. And not only that, but that is how you damage the confidence of your opponent before he even step out on the field.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 07, 2011, 10:07:37 AM »
yow star dominica republic rest sum serious bladeon elsalvador star.. what dat is sume serious blade dey pelt on elsalvador .. alyuh fellas watch it .. thing madd. I guh like to see this dr team play Jamaica .. I like it like dat man .. hard football mi wah see..

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 07, 2011, 10:09:58 AM »

I really doh understand how allyuh expect a team of average players at the beginning of the competitive season, who just got called to a very short camp after a long-term hiatus tuh just "hang" the opposition jusso jusso... Men callin' fuh 6 and 8 goals...You serious?  Yeah, unlike YOU, dem fellas never heard of the concept of goal differnce and wasn't really trying tuh score....steups...  Allyuh really have no idea jed.

Watch here, everyone has their opinion and is entitled to express it!!

Mine is that we should have beaten Barbados by at least 3 given the amount of easy scoring opportunities we had and threw way! The opportunity come & gone for us to established a bigger goal difference or amount of goals scored than Guyana!!

And btw no one was calling for 8 goals versus Barbados that is a bogus argument! I simply posted the scoreline for the Antigua vs USVI game which ended 8 - 1 to Antigua playing away to show what T&T should be capable of and aiming for when we play weaker opponents like Barbados whether or not we play them home or away!
That doesn't mean that I demand that scoreline in every game and was unhappy with the 3 points!
What I was unhappy about is that we threw away so many easy scoring chances!

The moral of posting the Antigua away result to the USVI is that we should be aiming to score as many as possible against weaker opponents as goals scored and goal difference could become a deciding factor as to whom will top the group later on in the round!

Anyway the match is over now but I look at those easy chances we missed as a missed opportunity to give ourselves an early advantage over Guyana but hopefully we can make up for it in October when we host Barbados at home and when we visit Bermuda away!

Once again I thought this forum was a place where everyone can give their views and express their opinions? No need to jump on a man head because he has a different opinion to yourself, we are all here to share our views and hopefully learn from each other, unless some folks feel they know it all!

Now allyuh have me sounding like Coop's, jeeezz!!   :-X
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 10:31:33 AM by Socapro »

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 07, 2011, 10:15:32 AM »
Guys no bullshit.. after watching this highlights wid TNT . This is facking terrible football by this team. In a kind of way am happy we actually playing this 4 6 matches against theese teams. Thereis no way we could have go into one of those group playing like this we will have been thumped pretty good. By The time Guyana comes around we will have played 4 games plus a fete match against Inida .thats 5 enough matches to gell a little.  I mean this is terrible footbasll by TNT.. terrible.. guys look at the DR and elsalvador highlights .. Hard ball They playing I wah see dat .. man running after ball and not waiting to see what the player wid the ball going to do.. I want to see we fighting with and without the ball..
good luck warriors but this is terrible performance by you guys..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 07, 2011, 10:15:42 AM »

Yeah kicker, clinicism is not a word. Every so often the french radio station does cut in...that has very little to do with your argument though, right? ::)

I normally respect your opinion, but here we go agree to disagree.

By most teams, I talking about the majority of those that matter (we like to think we belong in that category), not the american samoas of this world. For every goal you see, a team does have three four shots - one might go overbars, one to the side and the keeper might save the third, the fourth might go in. I not talking about shots on target, i talking about shots. Is only certain players like Torres could get one shot off all match and score in the Euro final, and he not going to be the only man shooting..

I never call for no 6 or 8 goals, but the point is Barbados didn't belong on the field with us.
I would go so far as to say that Bermuda put up a better showing than them (posts notwithstanding) just based on those highlights, the commentary, the fact we didn't have no game under we belt at the time and what i see of the bermudans. When a team doh belong on the field with you a three goal margin is what you should be aiming for.

Fair enough the field was awful, but the side was good for 2 more goals. KJ is a premier league and europa league striker. One on one with the keeper. And that is what he do?

Really? Really? Really?

De TTFF have alyuh so starved a football for so long alyuh men go take white rice put on shades and bawl de pelau tasting good. The cult of celebration/elevation of mediocrity is what have this country where it is right now.

I not saying don't support the guys or congratulate them, but if I can't point out what needs improving on the basis of mitigating circumstances I might as well stop watching the bloody football until the fellas get fine tuned.

And then alyuh would call me a waggonist. ::)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 07, 2011, 10:18:59 AM »
From the highlights, we could have beaten Bim 4-0. No excuse for that horrendous Kenwyne miss...just saying...

That's what I've been saying but men want to vex with me for saying it!!

Some even making up bogus argument that I was calling for 8 goals!

What I was calling for was at least 3 goals considering all the good scoring chances we had!
In fact I was calling for at least 3 goals while the game was playing live and we was hanging in the chat room!!
Men didn't understand why I was vex but now that they can see that Guyana is on top of our group http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/nccamerica/standings/index.html hopefully they will now understand!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 07, 2011, 10:24:22 AM »

Yeah kicker, clinicism is not a word. Every so often the french radio station does cut in...that has very little to do with your argument though, right? ::)

By most teams, I talking about the majority of those that matter (we like to think we belong in that category), not the american samoas of this world. For every goal you see, a team does have three four shots - one might go overbars, one to the side and the keeper might save the third, the fourth might go in. I not talking about shots on target, i talking about shots. Is only certain players like Torres could get one shot off all match and score in the Euro final, and he not going to be the only man shooting..

I never call for no 6 or 8 goals, but the point is Barbados didn't belong on the field with us.
I would go so far as to say that Bermuda put up a better showing than them (posts notwithstanding) just based on those highlights, the commentary, the fact we didn't have no game under we belt at the time and what i see of the bermudans. When a team doh belong on the field with you a three goal margin is what you should be aiming for.

Fair enough the field was awful, but the side was good for 2 more goals. KJ is a premier league and europa league striker. One on one with the keeper. And that is what he do?

Really? Really? Really?

De TTFF have alyuh so starved a football for so long alyuh men go take white rice put on shades and bawl de pelau tasting good. The cult of celebration/elevation of mediocrity is what have this country where it is right now.

I not saying don't support the guys or congratulate them, but if I can't point out what needs improving on the basis of mitigating circumstances I might as well stop watching the bloody football until the fellas get fine tuned.

alright so the players throw way sitters... KJ throw way...

what yuh want we do? Bring back hardest? Hard luck, we go come again. The journey now start.

If we had played in the gold cup and had been playing a full slate of friendlies under Pfister i might have been upset... now i satisified with 3 points and clean sheets

so tell meh what yuh want we to do?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 07, 2011, 10:24:56 AM »

De only big side in the world that doh usually hang de teams that not in they league and still do well in the last ten years or so is Italy. Check out Germany, Holland, Spain, Portugal etc results against the minnows in qualifying in the last 4 tourneys or so. You could contrast that with England, France (since Zidane and co gone), Brazil since Scolari left... maybe Argentina.

Is not about fraiding Guyana. Is about installing a winning mentality...and not just a winning mentality but a winner's mentality. You doh half ass it on the field. When you get a side who have obvious failings you need to punish them. That is how you build confidence. And not only that, but that is how you damage the confidence of your opponent before he even step out on the field.

:beermug:

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 07, 2011, 10:25:43 AM »

That's what I've been saying but men want to vex with me for saying it!!

Some even making up bogus argument that I was calling for 8 goals!

What I was calling for was at least 3 goals considering all the good scoring chances we had!
In fact I was calling for at least 3 goals while the game was playing live and we was hanging in the chat room!!
Men didn't understand why I was vex but now that they can see that Guyana is on top of our group http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/nccamerica/standings/index.html hopefully they will now understand!

2 games out of 6 play... take yuh time Telly Monster

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 07, 2011, 10:30:24 AM »
yow star dominica republic rest sum serious bladeon elsalvador star.. what dat is sume serious blade dey pelt on elsalvador .. alyuh fellas watch it .. thing madd. I guh like to see this dr team play Jamaica .. I like it like dat man .. hard football mi wah see..

war

Guys no bullshit.. after watching this highlights wid TNT . This is facking terrible football by this team. In a kind of way am happy we actually playing this 4 6 matches against theese teams. Thereis no way we could have go into one of those group playing like this we will have been thumped pretty good. By The time Guyana comes around we will have played 4 games plus a fete match against Inida .thats 5 enough matches to gell a little.  I mean this is terrible footbasll by TNT.. terrible.. guys look at the DR and elsalvador highlights .. Hard ball They playing I wah see dat .. man running after ball and not waiting to see what the player wid the ball going to do.. I want to see we fighting with and without the ball..
good luck warriors but this is terrible performance by you guys..
war

ah swear you are like two different persons  8)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 07, 2011, 10:34:04 AM »

Really? Really? Really?

what yuh want we do? Bring back hardest? Hard luck, we go come again. The journey now start.

If we had played in the gold cup and had been playing a full slate of friendlies under Pfister i might have been upset... now i satisified with 3 points and clean sheets

I never ask anybody to do anything. Socapro neither for that matter.

Men express their opinion and getting they throat jump down for it... is we blood pressure, let we take care of it how we see fit.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 07, 2011, 10:35:50 AM »

Really? Really? Really?

Allow others to express their opinion even if it differs from yours without jumping on their head!!
We are all here to learn from each other, no one knows it all and we can’t all always agree!

1]; } ?>