April 19, 2024, 10:29:06 PM

Author Topic: Keith Look Loy Thread  (Read 32252 times)

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
Re: Look Loy candidate for EFA president.
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2011, 01:13:11 PM »
Look Loy's slate includes TWO Prisons officers - Griffith and Rodriguez - and that's the point. The Prisons SC members are FED UP of Watson, Ferguson and their cabal who do NOTHING for football. The other members of his slate come from the other clubs. He has also publicly stated his intention to form three committees that will comprise club representatives and professionals: 1) Finance and Marketing, which would supervise the EFA's finances and ensure transparency, 2) Media and Public Relations, to guide the EFA's relationships with the public, and 3) Technical, which would oversee the EFA's technical development initiatives. Two attorneys, and two media professionals have already committed themselves to participate in these committees.

THIS, is People's Democracy. THIS, is a progressive agenda. Of course, the man has to win the election. Based on the promised votes he will. However, too many people TALK about change but when you get to the nitty gritties they are more comfortable with the status quo for ALL kind of personal reasons. We shall soon see.

(BTW, Watson and company have been forced by public pressure exerted from the opposition camp to accept Prisons secondment of Look Loy's slate. Look Loy has now called for the election to be deferred to from Thursday 25 August at 7 PM to Sunday 28 August at 10 AM, in order to ensure the physical safety of clubs representatives and the fullest possible attendance).

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2011, 01:48:28 PM »
President you forgot to add that while Lookloy was banned it was Gally Cummings who gave him a chance to re enter the national football scene when no one wanted to touch him with a ten foot pole! Instead of being grateful he has undermined him at every level! What an ingratiate! He is not Presidential material. All talk and no real success!
We need some new blood and young blood at that!

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2011, 01:57:34 PM »
Gally Cummings had nothing to do with it. Indeed, the fact that he was TD at the time was purely coincidental.  - if that matters in any way at all. The essential point is that man clearly doesn't pay homage to personalities. He is loyal to the football development PROCESS, which is OBJECTIVE and impersonal. Some of you people need to understand that the TTFF simply DOES NOT respond to criticism leveled from the outside.

Say what you want, it is the consistent effort of people like Look Loy, Shabaaz, Corneal, and others working from the INSIDE that has resulted in TnT qualifying for Korea Under 17, Egypt Under 20, the establishment of a national youth league, regional development centres and a coaching education programme. These are FACTS that even your skewed view cannot make disappear.

A little respect goes a LONG way...

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2011, 02:01:58 PM »
You are speaking like Loolloy ! Self praise is no praise! You are actually crediting Corneal for something ! Such a big loser! You must be the biggest Joker in Towm!

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2011, 02:03:58 PM »
Right. Your response to an attempt to argue logically is to ridicule. OK pal...

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2011, 02:04:35 PM »
Respect...

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2011, 02:17:36 PM »
As I recall President, Lookloy was fired twice by jack from Joe Public and as a coach from the national team! I used to follow colleges league and I recall Lookloy hanging around the Malick team  as an assistant  and it was Franco a teacher at malick and a member of Harvard who was the main man! Look Loy is is an opportunist and very dishonest!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2011, 02:23:35 PM »
Gally Cummings had nothing to do with it. Indeed, the fact that he was TD at the time was purely coincidental.  - if that matters in any way at all. The essential point is that man clearly doesn't pay homage to personalities. He is loyal to the football development PROCESS, which is OBJECTIVE and impersonal. Some of you people need to understand that the TTFF simply DOES NOT respond to criticism leveled from the outside.

Say what you want, it is the consistent effort of people like Look Loy, Shabaaz, Corneal, and others working from the INSIDE that has resulted in TnT qualifying for Korea Under 17, Egypt Under 20, the establishment of a national youth league, regional development centres and a coaching education programme. These are FACTS that even your skewed view cannot make disappear.

Yuh was starting to win me over, but when you include Shabazz in there you just lost me. If these are the people Look Loy will keep around then nothing going to change.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2011, 02:37:18 PM »
flex
I believe honesty is the best policy! I am old school! Is there any way you can get a follow up interview with Gally  on the issue of his experience of Lool Loy  as a national junior coach! If these are the people who want to present themselves t o maintain the status quo and be administrators on the national landscape  ,we need to hear from all sides and let the football public be the judge!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2011, 03:34:43 PM »

Constructive or otherwise....underscoring the richly deserved perception that the administration/soon to be former administration is an elitist cabal and does not give a damn about players or fans. And with all the purported internal critique brought to bear not exactly bearing a whole lot of fruit either, this type of self policing/secrecy should be discarded. Anyone coming with a more open approach to communications will run the risk of open criticism, but in the long run it will be of far greater benefit to fan and federation alike.

The work put in by the TTFF to get to 4 world cups in five years is admirable and unrivalled in the CFU. But the near collaspe of the professional game in T&T and the pronounciation of the TTFF as the worst run sport administration in the country from Jack Warner's fellow cabinet minister can't be brushed off either. If the Bermuda game is going to have similar level of fan support to the India game, then you will know what the average man thinks of the TTFF.

So kudos to Mr. Look Loy and/or presidential representatives for showing up to endure the cuss and pent up anger on the forum  :devil:  It will pay dividends. But that respect will not neccessarily be extended to others who choose to keep the lines of communication closed.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 03:36:30 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2011, 04:06:28 PM »
President you forgot to add that while Lookloy was banned it was Gally Cummings who gave him a chance to re enter the national football scene when no one wanted to touch him with a ten foot pole! Instead of being grateful he has undermined him at every level! What an ingratiate! He is not Presidential material. All talk and no real success!
We need some new blood and young blood at that!

Six a one haf a dozen of the odder. If you speaking about dishonest then Gally also up there with the best. The hogwash that pass as an answer for the Nakhid incident is exactly that, hogwash.. Having said that I would hope that Look Loy and co, if and when they get into power, would  put in a JW clause in the constitution. that Clause would put the brakes on any individual trying to be T&T's god to football. the fact that i have to support Look loy, a Saints boy like myself, tells me that there is a very significant dearth of leadership talent in T&T. Half a loaf is better than none.

ps: sad day when we still have to mention the shabazzes and corneals when we speak about football in T&T. One can only live in hope.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 04:09:49 PM by sub1 »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2011, 04:21:14 PM »
Having said that I would hope that Look Loy and co, if and when they get into power, would  put in a JW clause in the constitution. that Clause would put the brakes on any individual trying to be T&T's god to football.

I don't know how they can put a clause like that in the constitution. The many legal minds on this forum can give their insight to this. For a Jack Warner type situation not to happen again, is to give the power back to the clubs and not the zone associations. This has made the clubs weak and the head of the zone assocation being easier to be manipulated. This time around I hope the clubs reps. behave in a more mature manner than those of the early Jack Warner era.

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2011, 04:28:46 PM »
Sub1 By saying you are a saints boy are you saying you are supporting past students in spite of any shortcomings? That is not very objective is it? These saints boys you are supporting have a track record  of malfeasance that is open for public scrutiny. Some of us have short memories and try to cover up serious incidences and pretend as if they never happen ! They are not simple errors or wrong decisions which we all make but matters which speak to serious flaws which make them unsuitable for national positions! We have so many problems in the country , give us a break nah! If you have saints boys which I am sure there are nominate them but not this bunch who have been rejected by the national community!
Mediocrity has been triumphing for too long which has taken us where we are today!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2011, 05:08:56 AM »
UPDATE.

RE: The government of Trinidad and Tobago has declared a limited state of emergency across selected areas of Trinidad, which includes much of the Eastern Football Ass sociation’s area of jurisdiction. Said state of emergency includes a curfew between the hours of 9:00PM and 4:00 AM.

In the interest of our members physical safety and, clearly, the democratic process that would be served by the fullest possible attendance of our clubs, I hereby re quest the postponement of the Annual General Meeting, including the election of officers, to Sunday 28 August, from 10:00AM at the Mandela Hall, CONCACAF Centre of Excellence.

Best regards,
Keith Look Loy.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2011, 03:58:29 PM »
Having said that I would hope that Look Loy and co, if and when they get into power, would  put in a JW clause in the constitution. that Clause would put the brakes on any individual trying to be T&T's god to football.

I don't know how they can put a clause like that in the constitution. The many legal minds on this forum can give their insight to this. For a Jack Warner type situation not to happen again, is to give the power back to the clubs and not the zone associations. This has made the clubs weak and the head of the zone assocation being easier to be manipulated. This time around I hope the clubs reps. behave in a more mature manner than those of the early Jack Warner era.

I am really speaking about term limits.....I know, Trinbagonians/West Indians dont know the meaning of those two words. you better off telling any leader from the caribbean hmc or mf or.....well you get my drift

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2011, 04:11:49 PM »

I am really speaking about term limits.....I know, Trinbagonians/West Indians dont know the meaning of those two words. you better off telling any leader from the caribbean hmc or mf or.....well you get my drift

I,  and I guess the entire forum would welcome term limits. That would be a step in the right directions. 2 four year term and out seems good enough for me.

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2011, 07:41:15 PM »
Look Loy has promised to pursue the introduction of two constitutional measures if he is successful in the EFA election: 1) a limit of two terms in office for all TTFF positions, and 2) establishment of an independent electoral committee to oversee elections at all levels of the TTFF.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2011, 08:28:39 PM »

I,  and I guess the entire forum would welcome term limits. That would be a step in the right directions. 2 four year term and out seems good enough for me.

:thumbsup:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2011, 04:10:18 AM »
EFA election will go ahead as planned.
T&T Guardian Reports.

The Annual General Meeting (AGM) and election for the Eastern Football Association (EFA) will go ahead as planned despite a request from president of FC Santa Rosa Keith Look Loy.

On Monday Look Loy, who is a candidate for presidency of the EFA, wrote to the secretary of the EFA requesting that the AGM be postponed because of the limited state of emergency and curfew in Trinidad and Tobago.

Look Loy’s club is asking that consideration be given to changing the meeting to this Sunday morning at 10 am.  The EFA annual general meeting is set for tomorrow at 7 pm at the Nelson Madela Hall, Centre of Excellence, Macoya.

According to Look Loy, the request has been sent to facilitate those (clubs) affected by the curfew (9 pm to 5 am) which came as a result of the recently declared limited state of emergency.

When contacted, member of the EFA who will be running for the post of Vice President—Wayne Cunningham said that nothing has changed.

“I spoke to a person from one club who lives as far as Brazil and he was also fine with the original arrangements and I spoke to six other persons from their clubs who were also fine with the arrangement,” said Cunningham.

He continued saying, “In all fairness, it is up to the clubs. I will be in contact with them and will likely have spoken to all representatives by the date, but thus far, nothing has changed.” Look Loy will be contesting the post of president against incumbent Lennox Watson at the meeting on Sunday.

Two weeks ago, Look Loy who is also president of FC Santa Rosa announced his candidacy for president of the EFA along with Roger Griffith for vice-president, Frank Rodriguez for second vice-president and Farlon Thomas and Anil Maraj of the EFA.

Current president Watson, Vice-presidents Wayne Cunningham and Carl Joseph and assistant secretaries Neil Mollineau (Administration) and Joseph Romeo (Operations) have been nominated and are again contesting for the respective posts.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2011, 12:12:41 PM »
The position of the outgoing executive committee is reckless in an outrageous degree. The TTFF has changed the time of the WCQ match against Bermuda from 7:00PM to 4:30PM in order to allow fans to leave the stadium for home at 6:30PM, more or less, yet the EFA is demanding that club representatives attend the AGM, including the election of officers, from 7:00PM. Their hope is that the attendance will be low, that their opponents' supporters will stay away due to concern regarding personal safety, and that they will have the votes to return themselves to office.

Look Loy has today issued an advisory to all EFA clubs indicating his camp has information that the outgoing executive will house their supporters in the Sportel (the hotel at the CONCACAF Centre of Excellence, where the election will take place) when the curfew descends. To hell with the rest. These people have no regard for football, and now they are clearly showing equal disregard for the people's personal safety.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2011, 12:52:35 PM »
The position of the outgoing executive committee is reckless in an outrageous degree. The TTFF has changed the time of the WCQ match against Bermuda from 7:00PM to 4:30PM in order to allow fans to leave the stadium for home at 6:30PM, more or less, yet the EFA is demanding that club representatives attend the AGM, including the election of officers, from 7:00PM. Their hope is that the attendance will be low, that their opponents' supporters will stay away due to concern regarding personal safety, and that they will have the votes to return themselves to office.

Look Loy has today issued an advisory to all EFA clubs indicating his camp has information that the outgoing executive will house their supporters in the Sportel (the hotel at the CONCACAF Centre of Excellence, where the election will take place) when the curfew descends. To hell with the rest. These people have no regard for football, and now they are clearly showing equal disregard for the people's personal safety.

Hardly seems fair ...but this is what Look Loy has been part of for yearssssss ! elections in mayaro beach etc. haven't we heard it all ?? I agree it seems like a cook up but Look Loy should not be agrieved he should know how to get things done ....... fight fire with fire ...book in your supportres nearby too ! .... Thing is ...I cant forget that he stayed silent for so long when he knew or aught to have known of all the transgressions taking place over the years , not the least of which is the blacklisting of national players , taking our country's football to our lowest ebb , ......... now he is the beacon of democracy and fair play ?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2011, 01:05:29 PM »

Hardly seems fair ...but this is what Look Loy has been part of for yearssssss ! elections in mayaro beach etc. haven't we heard it all ?? I agree it seems like a cook up but Look Loy should not be agrieved he should know how to get things done ....... fight fire with fire ...book in your supportres nearby too ! .... Thing is ...I cant forget that he stayed silent for so long when he knew or aught to have known of all the transgressions taking place over the years , not the least of which is the blacklisting of national players , taking our country's football to our lowest ebb , ......... now he is the beacon of democracy and fair play ?

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2011, 02:13:37 PM »
..."this is what Look Loy has been part of for yearssssss ! elections in mayaro beach etc."...

Is that right? Says who? You? On the basis of what? The abuse of democracy at the regional association level is the result of club inertia and disinterest. It requires member clubs to act on their own behalf and not just accept whatever their "leaders" do (or not, as the case might be). And where are the squeaky clean new leaders to come from? The alternatives are stark and simple: continue what you have now, or choose to break with the past and create something new.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2011, 02:21:50 PM »
Mr President, the point is a fair one. Keith Look Loy's Santa Rosa F.C. have been able to put forward a candidate and attract support for a number of years, but this has not happened, and chaos reigned. Now he is trying to run, he's outraged.

On the other side of the coin, maybe he didn't feel he wanted the position until now when he feels enough is enough?

The point is, people here have the right to ask "where was Keith look Loy before and why didn't he act?" Its up to Look Loy to explain (if he cares too) why now is the time for him to speak out. 

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2011, 02:34:53 PM »
FC Santa Rosa joined the EFA in 2010 and won the first division, with promotion to the premier division. Those club representatives that attend tell you that he has conducted an ongoing struggle for democracy and proper administration from the floor of the EFA.

I maintain my position: don't accuse someone of not doing something because you don't know they are doing it.

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2011, 02:36:19 PM »
Let me also add: Look Loy is on WI Sports (TT cable Channel 14) tonight at 8:00...

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2011, 02:55:48 PM »
..."this is what Look Loy has been part of for yearssssss ! elections in mayaro beach etc."...

Is that right? Says who? You? On the basis of what? The abuse of democracy at the regional association level is the result of club inertia and disinterest. It requires member clubs to act on their own behalf and not just accept whatever their "leaders" do (or not, as the case might be). And where are the squeaky clean new leaders to come from? The alternatives are stark and simple: continue what you have now, or choose to break with the past and create something new.

Why the either/or situation? This is reminiscent of JW and the present bunch, presenting to the country limited choices or making them feel that these are the only choices available to them. I am sure there are many "squeaky clean" people out there who are willing to lift the load, but secrecy and cronyism keep them away.

More and more as you post I am getting a darker and darker outlook from Look Loy. Why questioning him or his past involvement in football a bad thing? If he is so much for democracy then he should welcome this scrutiny showing the people that he is open and there is nothing to hide.

People must be diligent about who they lend their allegiance to as JW and now the PP has wounded people's trust greatly. Therefore, the onus is on any would-be candidate to soothe people's distrust by meeting their needs and inquiries. Not so?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2011, 03:07:06 PM »
Come one people. The point is that Look Loy worked in the TTFF. Had issues and made criticism within the organization and NOT via the public media - as our politicians are won't to do regarding their own organizations - and is now speaking out. What's the problem with that? Everyone is looking suspiciously at his relationship to the TTFF. OK. That's fine. Has anyone on SWO looked at the programme he has proposed - which addresses the ills of the regional association, and which many EFA clubs are now hoping he and his team will be able to implement? Come on people...

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2011, 03:23:14 PM »
Come one people. The point is that Look Loy worked in the TTFF. Had issues and made criticism within the organization and NOT via the public media - as our politicians are won't to do regarding their own organizations - and is now speaking out. What's the problem with that? Everyone is looking suspiciously at his relationship to the TTFF. OK. That's fine. Has anyone on SWO looked at the programme he has proposed - which addresses the ills of the regional association, and which many EFA clubs are now hoping he and his team will be able to implement? Come on people...

Again, you seem to not be understanding the cautiousness of the people to not just support someone moving into such a position. This is a classic sign of the current administration - willing the masses to see it their way but not look at it from the people's viewpoint. This is not good.

Yes, he has proposed and put forth many good ideas and initiatives. However, that's not enough to convince the masses that he will be any different from the previous/current lot. When man looking for it, they will say do anything to get it and when they get it, sometimes it's hard luck for others.

Understanding, people lack of trust in the administration and any incoming administrator is tantamount to receiving support from fans............and sponsors I would imagine. People will be skeptical until he has shown himself to be true to "the cause".

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2011, 03:34:43 PM »
Please, I understand all of the cautiousness and even cynicism, but it appears working with the TTFF is a death sentence. How does one PROVE one's capacity if not by engaging in a task - i.e. to be specific, occupying the position of EFA president and doing the work?

Let me tell you, if people are waiting for anyone who is entirely NEW to football to come in and save the federation, that's futile. The organizational structure and politics don't work like that. One has to come through one of the regional associations or associated bodies, e.g. the SSFL. Anyone who gets to that level is open to criticism. Then again only those who have never done anything are absolved from criticism, and even so...

1]; } ?>