April 16, 2024, 07:34:01 AM

Author Topic: Keith Look Loy Thread  (Read 32199 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Keith Look Loy Thread
« on: August 12, 2011, 06:36:37 AM »
Look Loy candidate for EFA president.
T&T Express Newspapers.

Keith Look Loy has announced his candidacy for president of the Eastern Football Association (EFA), with elections due on August 25.

"After much consideration of the implications of the decision I have taken, it is with the support of my club, FC Santa Rosa, and my colleagues in football that I hereby announce my candidacy for the presidency of the Eastern Football Association," Look Loy said in a media release.

Look Loy said over the last two years he had represented FC Santa Rosa in the EFA general council, which is the assembly of clubs. During that time he was not in agreement with the management style of current president Lennox Watson and general secretary Neville Ferguson.

"Under the outgoing leadership, the participation of member clubs in the life of the Association has virtually become meaningless, as the majority of clubs avoid meetings due to a sense of futility in having their collective voice heard and their decisions respected," Look Loy said.

"Rather than seeking to overcome the disenchantment of clubs by motivating them to participate in meetings, the EFA executive committee relies on the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) constitution, which absurdly recognises 25 percent of clubs as a valid quorum for a meeting, thus providing EFA meetings with the superficial façade of democracy."

Look Loy accused current EFA officials of poor management of the TTFF Centre of Excellence; stagnation of youth football; failure to assist clubs in securing proper match facilities; and lack of concern for technical matters, including coach education.

Among Look Loy's main goals if elected are a limit of two terms in office for any elected EFA official; reporting to member clubs by EFA representatives on the TTFF executive committee; revamped and expanded youth competition; and assistance to clubs in securing proper match facilities.

Look Loy's slate will consist of:

Keith Look Loy (FC Santa Rosa) for president

Roger Griffith (Prisons FC) for vice-president

Frank Rodriguez for vice-president

Anil Maraj (Carib FC) for committee member

Farlon Thomas (La Horquetta Sporting Academy) for committee member
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 12:53:38 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Re: Look Loy candidate for EFA president.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 06:43:07 AM »
Might be a maneuver to challenge for presidency

Let the chips fall where they may.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 06:54:48 AM »
Keith Look Lie holds a position in the TTFF, FIFA and now he wants EFA.

What that telling you ?

A dictator is about to be born.

Control de votes and you control T&T football.

Now he have to find friends to run for the other zones.
       Give the man a chance nah,i thought we wanted change and transparency,the man state his plans and he give the names of all the officials going to run the zone so nobody can't say they don't know who to check when we have problems.
       I would like to know who are the people involved in voteing for these officials,to be fair they should let Soca Pro run a poll/election. :devil:

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 06:59:35 AM »

What that telling you ?

Give the man a chance nah,i thought we wanted change and transparency,the man state his plans and he give the names of all the officials going to run the zone so nobody can't say they don't know who to check when we have problems.
       I would like to know who are the people involved in voteing for these officials,to be fair they should let Soca Pro run a poll/election. :devil:

Look Loy is Jacks man. A new flag for the same regime.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 07:01:24 AM »

What that telling you ?

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 07:34:44 AM »

What that telling you ?

I would like to know who are the people involved in voting for these officials,to be fair they should let Soca Pro run a poll/election. :devil:

Aye i was just kicksing with Sam,so don't take me serious.OK it seems like anybody come forward eh satisfying alyu and who alyu want eh coming forward,we in a real messed up situation.I find FS has been doing some hard work,he have some innovative ideas if they can be implemented will help our Football,he could be the new face Football needs,why doesn't he canvas for the presidency of T&T Football?with someone like him in Football i'm sure all these expats with their expertise will follow,we have the personnel right here and we looking all over the place,when i listened to how the panel conducted themselves on the show last weekend ah mean what is it we want.   

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 08:14:00 AM »
TO: All EFA member clubs and other interested persons
DATE: 11 August 2011

After much consideration of the implications of the decision I have taken, it is with the support of my club, FC Santa Rosa, and my colleagues in football that I hereby announce my candidacy for the presidency of the Eastern Football Association, which will be decided upon by the membership of the EFA on 25 August 2011.

LACK OF DEMOCRACY AND TRANSPARENCY

Over the course of the last two years I have represented FC Santa Rosa in the General Council of the EFA, i.e. the assembly of clubs. During that time I have been witness to, and resisted, the consistent attempt of the current leadership, under president Lennox Watson and general secretary Neville Ferguson, to maintain a culture of personal dictatorship and abuse of member clubs, a culture lacking in democracy and transparency.

Under the outgoing leadership, the participation of member clubs in the life of the Association has virtually become meaningless, as the majority of clubs avoid meetings due to a sense of futility in having their collective voice heard and their decisions respected. Rather than seeking to overcome the disenchantment of clubs by motivating them to participate in meetings, the EFA executive committee relies on the TTFF Constitution, which absurdly recognizes twenty five percent of clubs as a valid quorum for a meeting, thus providing EFA meetings with the superficial façade of democracy.

Even worse is the fact that member clubs are forced to demand the presentation of meeting minutes, and other meeting documents – a demand the EFA secretariat has refused to accede to in recent months. Indeed, the Association´s secretary is usually seen not taking notes in meetings. This refusal to document decisions taken by member clubs allows the EFA executive committee to ignore and/or seek to alter decisions of the club assembly. Moreover, the financial affairs of the Association lack transparency. Club representatives have been forced to repeatedly request the presentation of the 2010 auditor’s report, while the financial statement for the Bar-B-Que held in May of this year is yet to be presented to the General Council.

There is also the issue of EFA representatives on the TTFF executive committee not reporting to the member clubs which they represent. The relationship EFA member clubs should have to the business conducted by the TTFF executive committee is non-existent. Indeed, those who sit on the TTFF executive function independently of the EFA. Finally, and not to be ignored, is the aggressively dictatorial and even abusive manner in which club meetings are chaired by the president, Lennox Watson. It is for these reasons that many clubs simply refuse to attend meetings.

LACK OF DEVELOPMENT

Despite its motto, “To be the best association through the development of football”, the current EFA leadership has presided over the stagnation of the game in east Trinidad. The Association is plagued by:

- Poor scheduling and management of senior and youth competitions. FC Santa Rosa has repeatedly requested the development of a season calendar, to no avail.
-Stagnation of youth football, with age group competitions of two and three teams, in an Association that has twenty clubs. Youth competitions are seen as a burden to be completed with the minimum investment of resources and time.
-Failure to assist clubs in securing proper match facilities Lack of concern for technical matters, including coach education, and specifically, failure to access the new TTFF coach education programme.
- Failure to assist clubs in developing their internal administration, and specifically, failure to implement a club development seminar as agreed at the FIFA club development course held in Port of Spain in May of 2010.
-Poor management of the TTFF Centre of Excellence, which is affected by poor attendance among players.

POLITICAL ENTRENCHMENT

The removal of the current undemocratic EFA executive is as easy task as we wish to make it. All it requires is the conscious decision to cease our interminable but useless complaining about the state of affairs within the Association, to attend meetings, and to participate in the decision making process. In other words.

DEMOCRACY.

Our membership in the EFA should mean more than completing fixtures, competing against each other, and trying to win a title. We should be focused on developing the game so that ALL of us win – now and into the future. Our rivalry, our isolation from each other and our complacency have allowed the current executive committee to entrench itself over many years and to develop a sense of ownership of the Association, which is worsened by its obvious inability to lead the Association properly. This must end NOW.

ACTION PROGRAMME

As president, I pledge to implement the following within the EFA and to canvass for their introduction into the broader TTFF, where applicable:

- A limit of two terms in office for any elected EFA official
- Reporting to member clubs by EFA representatives on the TTFF executive committee
- Transparent and immediate accounting for any fundraising done on behalf of the Association Submission of an annual financial statement within the first quarter of the following year
- Monthly club meetings, including a standard agenda and proper minuting
- A season calendar to be agreed by all member clubs
- A revamped and expanded youth competition
- Assistance to clubs in securing proper match facilities
- A club development programme, to promote the ability of clubs to better manage their internal affairs
- Requirements for club and coach registration, to improve the standard of football within the Association
- A Finance and Marketing Committee to supervise the financial affairs of the Association
- A Media and Public Relations Committee, to promote the Association´s ability to communicate with the football and general public
- A Technical Committee, to supervise the technical affairs of the Association
- An EFA technical department, headed by a technical director, which will be responsible for player screening and development, and specifically supervision of the TTFF Centre of Excellence, as well as coach education

TIME FOR POSITIVE CHANGE

The time for change that will move our game forward is NOW. Football cannot grow under the leadership of the current clique for another term of office. They are mentally and spiritually divorced from the issues that concern football clubs because they do not belong to any, or have to fight the daily struggle for survival and progress like we do.

THIS ELECTION IS NOT ABOUT PERSONALITIES. IT IS ABOUT THE POLITICS OF DEMOCRACY, THE ESTABLISHMENT OF VIABLE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES, AND THE PLANNED PROGRESS OF OUR SPORT AND OUR ASSOCIATION.

The current executive understands it has alienated the clubs, and that it is now under challenge as never before. Do not be fooled when they shuffle the pack and play musical chairs in an effort to present a new face. Is same khaki pants. Do not be fooled by promises of good things to come if you vote for them. They had all the time in the world and failed to do ANYTHING. That is long time politics.

CONCLUSION

I CALL ON ALL EFA MEMBER CLUBS TO ENSURE THEIR FINANCIAL STANDING WITH THE ASSOCIATION AND TO ATTEND THE MEETING OF THURSDAY 25 AUGUST 2011. The meeting will be held at the Nelson Mandela Hall at the CONCACAF Centre of Excellence, from 7:00PM.

Attend the meeting and vote for the following candidates:

- Keith LOOK LOY (FC Santa Rosa) for President
- Roger GRIFFITH (Prisons FC) for Vice-President
- Frank RODRIGUEZ for Vice-President
- Anil Maraj (Carib FC) for Committee Member
- Farlon Thomas (La Horquetta Sporting Academy) for Committee Member

After all the disenchantment and grumbling, we now have the opportunity to actually make a
positive change.

THE TIME FOR GRUMBLING IS OVER. LET US SET ASIDE THE CLUB AND PERSONAL RIVALRIES.
COME OUT AND MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF OUR ASSOCIATION AND OUR GAME.

Keith Look Loy
Candidate for the EFA president
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 10:26:47 AM »
very nice ideas Mr. president,  :devil:  good luck to you.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 10:50:14 AM »
Sorry, not impressed considering the man is Jack's right hand hatchet guy. Credibility seems to be luxury for these guys. He has been head and head with Groden on carrying out TTFF business. I guess we'll soon hear that Anton will be in the running for another association. Sweet T&T indeed.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 11:08:15 AM »
Sorry, not impressed considering the man is Jack's right hand hatchet guy. Credibility seems to be luxury for these guys. He has been head and head with Groden on carrying out TTFF business. I guess we'll soon hear that Anton will be in the running for another association. Sweet T&T indeed.

:beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 01:13:03 PM »

What that telling you ?

I would like to know who are the people involved in voting for these officials,to be fair they should let Soca Pro run a poll/election. :devil:

Aye i was just kicksing with Sam,so don't take me serious.OK it seems like anybody come forward eh satisfying alyu and who alyu want eh coming forward,we in a real messed up situation.I find FS has been doing some hard work,he have some innovative ideas if they can be implemented will help our Football,he could be the new face Football needs,why doesn't he canvas for the presidency of T&T Football?with someone like him in Football i'm sure all these expats with their expertise will follow,we have the personnel right here and we looking all over the place,when i listened to how the panel conducted themselves on the show last weekend ah mean what is it we want.  

Coops, I am honoured that you called my name. New face of football? Obviously yuh never see meh face hoss lol

I don't think the rank and file would accept a foreigner in charge, but I'd love the chance to do the marketing and community stuff! 

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2011, 10:38:16 PM »
Marlon Morris is running for NFA president
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 01:26:34 AM »

What that telling you ?

Coops, I am honoured that you called my name. New face of football? Obviously yuh never see meh face hoss lol

I don't think the rank and file would accept a foreigner in charge, but I'd love the chance to do the marketing and community stuff! 
       I thought the consensus was to have foreigners run Football in the country,we already hireing foreign Coaches and advisors,it seems we like foreign because Trinis eh good enough.I've never seen your face but you seem dedicated to the cause.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011, 11:02:58 AM »

What that telling you ?

I thought the consensus was to have foreigners run Football in the country,we already hireing foreign Coaches and advisors,it seems we like foreign because Trinis eh good enough.I've never seen your face but you seem dedicated to the cause.

When did someone convince you that a nutsman like Controv speaks for all of us?!  ::)

At any rate FS will do a much better, transparent & accountable job than Camps that’s for sure. If only you can convince your good partner Camps that he’s done his fair share of damage and its way overdue for him to accept his retirement plague from BM & step aside for the betterment of T&T football!  ;)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:07:49 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2011, 11:44:07 AM »

What that telling you ?

When did someone convince you that a nutsman like Controv speaks for all of us?!  ::)

At any rate FS will do a much better, transparent & accountable job than Camps that’s for sure. If only you can convince your good partner Camps that he’s done his fair share of damage and its way overdue for him to accept his retirement plague from BM & step aside for the betterment of T&T football!  ;)

When did someone convince you that anything FS says will work or is the answer to our problems.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 12:55:47 PM »
I actually know BOTH Watson AND Look Loy, and believe you me, Look Loy WILL do a far better job than Watson, who could be considered the "Ollie Camps of the EFA"... will it be TRUE CHANGE or just an EXCHANGE (a la the current Political situation in T&T), only time will tell, but in the absence of any other alternative, and since the definition of madness is to try the same thing over and over and expect a different result, I say GOOD LUCK to Mr. Look Loy and it will be up to the Clubs to ensure that the new President keeps his campaign promises!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2011, 01:35:57 PM »
I actually know BOTH Watson AND Look Loy, and believe you me, Look Loy WILL do a far better job than Watson, who could be considered the "Ollie Camps of the EFA"... will it be TRUE CHANGE or just an EXCHANGE (a la the current Political situation in T&T), only time will tell, but in the absence of any other alternative, and since the definition of madness is to try the same thing over and over and expect a different result, I say GOOD LUCK to Mr. Look Loy and it will be up to the Clubs to ensure that the new President keeps his campaign promises!

:thumbsup:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2011, 01:47:38 PM »

What that telling you ?

When did someone convince you that anything FS says will work or is the answer to our problems.

:devil:
Coop's is the best yes!! Ah just cyah corner this man at all! So much ah ducking and weaving :challenge: he putting Muhammad Ali at his height back his hay day to shame!!  :D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 01:50:41 PM by Socapro »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2011, 03:28:46 PM »

What that telling you ?

:devil:
Coop's is the best yes!! Ah just cyah corner this man at all! So much ah ducking and weaving :challenge: he putting Muhammad Ali at his height back his hay day to shame!!  :D

When i quiet alyu say my Computer break down,look leave me alone eh. :devil:

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2011, 08:13:06 PM »
well well well ..... I eh from texas folks but from right here in T&T . Is this de same look loy who was persona non grata, banned from foo6tball  for striking a referee ? who Jack clean off and bring een in de TTFF/TTfa ?

All yuh know I old ..but ah still have ah memory for dese tings !

For me no one ..let me repeat that ...no one who is part of this present TTFF administration has an moral authority to contest a post in a new TTFF !!!

How anyone can consider a man who was part of an administration through which Millions of dollars has been filtered, as a candidate for a new TTFF is beyond me.The TTFF eh even have an office of their own .. ..Look Loy ?? Please !!

He has plenty questions to answer not the least of which is ...why did you not speak up on behalf of the players of T&T ...the Soca warriors ...remember them ?? ..and who  knew or aught to have known what was taking place with them and the TTFF headed ...tailed.... mid-sectioned by Jack Warner. Now warner gone you asking for folks to support his disciple ?? ...who all of a sudden is interested in the development of football ? is he not now the development officer in de TTFF ? so he change he clothes and now he is ah different person ? ...like de calypsonian say ...they could dress up how much dey want check dey underclothes ...well he said it differently but same effect ...

If a change and new direction is to be ....can we see look loy as part of that ? Not Me ...in any position .

There are those who duck and run ...dance around anything ....support everybody when they in power ...but if there is one thing I have learnt  in life is that ..If you stand for nothing ...you fall for everything ... and I eh go stand for Look Loy

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2011, 08:15:33 PM »
well well well ..... I eh from texas folks but from right here in T&T . Is this de same look loy who was persona non grata, banned from foo6tball  for striking a referee ? who Jack clean off and bring een in de TTFF/TTfa ?

For me no one ..let me repeat that ...no one who is part of this present TTFF administration has an moral authority to contest a post in a new TTFF !!!

How anyone can consider a man who was part of an administration through which Millions of dollars has been filtered, as a candidate for a new TTFF is beyond me.The TTFF eh even have an office of their own .. ..Look Loy ?? Please !!

He has plenty questions to answer not the least of which is ...why did you not speak up on behalf of the players of T&T ...the Soca warriors ...remember them ?? ..and who  knew or aught to have known what was taking place with them and the TTFF headed ...tailed.... mid-sectioned by Jack Warner. Now warner gone you asking for folks to support his disciple ?? ...who all of a sudden is interested in the development of football ? is he not now the development officer in de TTFF ? so he change he clothes and now he is ah different person ? ...like de calypsonian say ...they could dress up how much dey want check dey underclothes ...well he said it differently but same effect ...

If a change and new direction is to be ....can we see look loy as part of that ? Not Me ...in any position .

There are those who duck and run ...dance around anything ....support everybody when they in power ...but if there is one thing I have learnt  in life is that ..If you stand for nothing ...you fall for everything ... and I eh go stand for Look Loy

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2011, 08:58:49 PM »

:beermug: :beermug:

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2011, 09:24:51 PM »

I hear you Jai, but the alternative is to maintain the status Quo, ie Lennox Watson... AGAIN, I repeat, there is NO THIRD ALTERNATIVE, so what you saying... you prefer to leave the incumbent??? I will always advocate a change of direction as opposed to staying with "The Devil we know..." just MY perspective.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2011, 09:28:40 PM »

Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2011, 10:38:46 PM »
Look, ah go tell yuh no Loy, I realize how dotish most people is, so I will capitalze on dey dotshness by following the template of meh hero, Jack A. Warner. Capeche.

If yuh could read between the lines yun not go fall for the same dotsihness and dah kinda history not go repeat itself, on the other hand, I go tek meh chances. Allyuh mudda neck.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2011, 06:48:45 AM »
Dear all,

More than one week ago FC Santa Rosa nominated several persons to run for positions in the election of officers scheduled to take place at the Annual General Meeting of Thursday 25 August 2011. These nominations were seconded by Prisons Sports Club and submitted on 10 August 2011, within the constitutional deadline of fourteen (14) days prior to the election.

Yesterday, word reached me from within the Prisons SC hierarchy that Prisons has withdrawn its secondment of the nominations. While Prisons' unprecedented decision has yet to be officially communicated to me or any other candidate, it is clear that pressure has been exerted on Prisons by known elements to have the nomination of opposing candidates (including a Prisons SC member, Roger Griffith) declared null and void, to declare themselves unopposed, and to return themselves to office for yet another term. This a clear attempt by certain forces to manipulate the Constitution and to subvert the democratic process.

Although I have not been advised officially, as a precautionary measure I am calling for the AGM and/or the election of officers to be postponed until Thursday 8 September 2011, that is, by two (2) weeks, to allow the candidates affected by this development to be seconded by another club and to satisfy the constitutional requirement that they be officially nominated at least fourteen (14) days prior to the election.

This would be the democratic manner in which to proceed. The clubs must have their collective voice heard - whoever they vote for. Legal trickery should not be allowed to triumph.

Regards.
Keith Look Loy
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2011, 12:29:14 PM »
Opinion is one thing - everybody is entitled to have one - but facts are another. Whatever your opinion of Look Loy, people should have their facts right. Look Loy was never "convicted of striking a referee" - typical Trini mauvais langue and rumor. In 1991 the SSFL sought to find him guilty of striking a referee on CIC grounds. When he appeared with his lawyers at the disciplinary meeting and there was no evidence of this, the league then found him guilty of inciting Malick Comprehensive supporters to strike a referee. He took the SSFL to civil court, where the schools' league had to PROVE their case and not act on personal prejudice. The court judged in his favour and the SSFL was required to pay a settlement and court cost

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2011, 12:35:16 PM »
Opinion is one thing - everybody is entitled to have one - but facts are another. Whatever your opinion of Look Loy, people should have their facts right. Look Loy was never "convicted of striking a referee" - typical Trini mauvais langue and rumor. In 1991 the SSFL sought to find him guilty of striking a referee on CIC grounds. When he appeared with his lawyers at the disciplinary meeting and there was no evidence of this, the league then found him guilty of inciting Malick Comprehensive supporters to strike a referee. He took the SSFL to civil court, where the schools' league had to PROVE their case and not act on personal prejudice. The court judged in his favour and the SSFL was required to pay a settlement and court cost

Thank u Kieth for clearing that up but from where I sit/stand/crouch u are still JW boi so 4give me 4 not cryin that u cyah run to b Prez of d EFA.

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2011, 12:37:47 PM »
Get your facts right and don't just talk pal...

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2011, 12:44:15 PM »
More to the point, what do most of the people on this site DO for football rather than TALK about it - mostly from North America, from what I can decipher, and talk any old thing they please too because they have a computer? Let me be more explicit, INFORMED and RATIONAL opinion - agreeable or not - is one things, anything else we could do without. Do YOU leave YOUR job every time YOUR employers do something with which YOU do not agree?

1]; } ?>