April 20, 2024, 08:47:06 AM

Author Topic: TTFF launches 'Bound for Brazil' 2014 campaign.  (Read 4023 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFF launches 'Bound for Brazil' 2014 campaign.
« on: August 12, 2011, 02:16:25 PM »
TTFF launches 'Bound for Brazil' 2014 campaign.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Local fans will get to witness Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior Men’s Team in action against India in a friendly international at the Hasely Crawford Stadium at 5pm on Sunday August 21.

This was one of several announcements made by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation at a media conference held at the Jaffa Restaurant, Queen’s Park Oval on Friday morning.

Additionally Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs Anil Roberts, during his address, pledged Government’s backing towards the National Team’s 2014 World Cup campaign, expressing satisfaction with some of the new measures being taken by the TTFF.

National Head coach Otto Pfister expressed his feelings strongly about his time with the T&T team thus far, stating his concerns over the level of negativity around T&T’s football currently but maintained his optimism of the team’s chances for Brazil 2014, adding that he has seen enough  from the players based at home and from overseas to suggest that the players are fully committed to the cause and capable of going the distance. The German-born coach also revealed that he has held talks with Stoke City striker Kenwyne Jones and has entrusted in him the responsibility of team captain.

It was also disclosed that all three of T&T’s home matches in the second round will be played at the Hasely Crawford Stadium at 7pm.

There was a huge gathering of media correspondents including a representative from the "Warrior Nation" supporters group which was acknowledged by Minister of Sport Anil Roberts, officials from current and potential partners as well as TTFF Exco members and senior team staff officials.

TTFF President Oliver Camps gave the welcome address and thanked ex-special advisor Jack Warner for his contribution over the years.  Read Camps' speech

Top among the the revelations was the appointment of All Sport Promotions by the TTFF to handle all marketing and sponsorship responsibilities as well as oversee the management of international matches on the TTFF’s behalf in conjunction with the staff of the TTFF.

All Sport Promotions managing director Anthony Harford meanwhile provided details of some of the new measures being implemented by the TTFF to ensure proper
transparency and accountability.

Tickets for the friendly international versus India will go on sale shortly and will be priced at TT$200 for covered stands and TT$100 for uncovered. Details on ticket locations will be announced shortly.

Harford also announced that Carib Brewery Limited and TSTT will be coming on board for the 2014 campaign as well as Gatorade and other corporate bodies are engaged in discussions to partner for the qualifiers.

“Most of them are very keen to come back into the fold as sponsors but it is understandable that while they are keen, they are also extremely cautious.  We feel that things needs to change, The TTFF has therefore appointed to ensure that this change takes place, All Sport, and they have given us a clear mandate that things must be done differently,” Harford stated.

“So how  are we going to achieve this difference and convince all the stakeholders including the general public who pay their hard earned dollars to see football?

“The first step is that All Sport in conjunction with the Ministry of Sport and the TTFF, is appointing an Authorization Committee. This committee will contain a representative  from All Sport, a representative from the TTFF and there are three independent members.  One is  a high level official from the Central Bank of the Trinidad and Tobago whose name we cannot reveal yet as this has to ratified by his employers . The other is  Mr Ian De Souza, General Manager Corporate and Investment Banking, Republic Bank Trinidad and Tobago,” Harford revealed.

De Souza has over 34 years experience in the banking industry with extensive regional and International experience and is a certified management accountant as well as chairman Maple Leaf International School.

The other member of the committee is Mr Caryl Kellar, Advisor to the Minister of Sport. The TTFF will name its representative shortly and All Sport Promotions will chair this Authorization Committee.

Harford further added “We are also setting completely new accounts through Republic Bank, a TTFF marketing account , this account will be presided over and signed off on by members of the committee only on the presentation of invoices that are verified and are verifiable.

“We feel this is necessary and it is not that we feel there is any dishonesty in the hierarchy in the TTFF as it exists but we feel that there is enough of a cry among the public and certainly from the Ministry of sport that things have to be done differently and so we have agreed to act that way. We also have committed ourselves to issuing a statement publicly at the end of every game that Trinidad and Tobago plays from here on as to how much money was taken in at the gates, how much money came in through sponsorships, how the money was spent and if there is a positive or negative difference … we will advise the public via an insert in the daily newspapers and through press releases.

“At the end of every month, sponsors and Government will be given an update as to the state of affairs of this account, how the money is being spent, on whom and why. This is our commitment initially to the end of 2011. The reason we have not decided to go beyond 2011 is of course things could change… if the worse happens and  Trinidad and Tobago does not make it to the next round then the focus will be changed to a more developmental approach where the sponsorship requirements will be less but that is not to say that we will not continue to advise the public on what is happening.

“We feel this is the right approach, this is what the public needs to see and hear. We also feel the honourable Minister also will be more comfortable with this approach,” Harford stated.

“I know there is a lot of deep suspicion around what has been transpiring. Today’s newspaper headlines don’t  help but the fact is I think there is genuine concern and deep love for what is possible here in Trinidad and Tobago. We have considerable talent among our youth and we have to shape their lives positively and we have to do it together,” Harford ended.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF launches 'Bound for Brazil' 2014 campaign.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 02:29:54 PM »
Good starting point.... However, I'm sure like the rest of you, I'll believe it when I see it.  Talk is cheap!
Arimian to meh heart

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 02:52:07 PM »
Bound 4 Brazil what I like bout we we could at coming up wit some catch phrase. Remember 94 4 sure
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 03:02:10 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6wIVw3diu-c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6wIVw3diu-c</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MVb0lWMd-H4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MVb0lWMd-H4</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 03:53:14 PM »
T&T Football is a big joke  8)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 03:58:36 PM »
KJ is captain, what allyuh think?  I not sure if what he needs is additional pressure.  He still hasn't established himself as a solid performer for the national team.  But who knows, this might just be what he needs.  I hope he does well.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 04:25:24 PM »
The first priority is still rushing to make World cup, with badly needed development and systemic changes in the game mere afterthought, as per usual.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 05:08:30 PM »
The TTFF "Bound for Brazil".  The team... and fans, not so sure.

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 05:46:35 PM »
I say WN/SWO be given 'observer' status on that committee to make sure the die-hard supporters have a voice at the table.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 05:55:57 PM »

i partial to de TTFF 'caravan to carrera' mihself

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 05:58:13 PM »
While I really, really hope these boys do what they say they're going to do......I will wait with baited breath.

My concerns are these:

1) If TTFF are so poor, and have lost the confidence of players, supporters, administrators and government...why are we allowing them to continue to stay in place and take salaries when more competent people could be put in place?

2) Remember I said a couple of weeks ago that Govt should only provide funds if there is an independent watchdog? well, obviously Anil reads this site!! BUT, you now have to ask, given point 1, why are we paying people to watch people who are not trusted to do a job?

3) How much are the mighty ALLSPORT getting paid? How is this determined? However they get paid, its money being taken from football. If they're getting, say, $50,000 per month, this would fund the Caribbeans best youth programme. So, again, thanks, but no thanks. Get rid of TTFF and apoint AllSport as the new federation in some way, but don't pay two groups of people to do the same thing. Madness.

4) Bad marketing already. Why charge $100 and $200 for a match featuring our national team in their last game before WC and a nothing team? This match should be $40 & $80. Fill the stadium to bursting. Get people there early to get in. Sell bucket loads of flags, banners, noisemakers. T shirts for $80, replica shirts for $300. Free face painting. Make your money from concessions....beers, soft drinks, nuts. Make it a party to launch the "Boys for Brazil" Get the whole damn country talking about football in a positive (This will also help the Pro League)

All of the above is possible.

How embarrassed should Camps & Groden be when they're not allowed to run their own organisation? I hear Tony Harford is a good guy. Supposedly one of Warners boys, but apparently willing to go head to head with him to get things done his way. I really do wish them success, but I really don't think they should be paid to wipe TTFF's dutty ass.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 06:32:02 PM »
Allyuh surprise we playing India...

Passion...patience for the love of sport
By Ian Gooding (Guardian)

December 2004

If you think it’s easy to “make a killing” in the business of sport, you should first talk to a man who has been trying to do so for the last 16 years: well-known sports personality Anthony Harford.

Harford’s business is called All-Sports Promotion—since he keeps a very open-minded approach to promoting all kinds of sporting activities, but he has concentrated on football and windball cricket which have helped him to earn a living.

His operations recently moved to 9 Long Circular Road, St James, which allows him and his staff of 11—along with many freelancers—to operate with a lot more space.

With eight major events on the sporting calendar next year and a television programme to add leverage to his efforts, 2005 might prove to be the most profitable for one of the few successful sports promotions companies in the country.

But as you may well imagine, things were not always this promising.

Harford said he established the television section of the business in 1996 to give his company a bit more “bargaining power” when talking to sponsors and in order to give the company’s products more exposure by taping and televising their sponsored events.

So how did Harford get into this business of sport?

“Well, I have always heard people talking about the business of sport and I always wondered how to get into it,” he said.

“One day, when I was still a journalist at TTT, I went to a press conference and I remember the English tour guide who came down with the particular group—the Indian football team came to Trinidad many years ago and they were playing two friendlies against T&T—was lamenting the fact that while Trinidad was such a beautiful place and was the ideal destination for sport, he could not find cheap accommodations.

“He told me that English teams would come to Trinidad if the accommodation rates were attractive. And that got me thinking. And I only got into it when I opened a guesthouse with 11 bedrooms on Carlos Street called Kestours.”

He said he charged US$10 a night and the operation was a success. It was only closed when the company decided to get into television.

But it was while operating Kestours that he started providing other services demanded by visiting teams that led to his getting into the real business of sport.

His partner in the business, he said, was RBTT manager Bruce Aanensen.

“But I am the one who gave up my job and decided to run it full-time,” said Harford.

After organising events for foreigners the next development was to manage them, he said.

Harford said that he and Aanensen started travelling to the islands and England advertising their property and selling their services to clubs.

“It wasn’t difficult since we met the right people—tour operators, club managers, the Ministries of Sport, sporting organisations, and word of mouth,” he recalled. We got a lot of business from Tobago as we gave them a special offer. As low as TT$10 or even free, since a lot of Tobagonians were on our national teams. So, we became quite well known. And we actually ran at 75 to 80 per cent occupancy all the time.”

While catering for all sports, Harford said that his biggest support came from football and the 1989 national team stayed at his guesthouse for a year while in training.

He said that within a year of opening the guesthouse he ventured into organising a ten-day Caribbean cricket tournament using the four top teams in T&T and others from Caribbean islands. It was repeated for one more year, before he started doing other things.

Harford said that while his company was bringing hundreds of visitors into the country, he was always reluctant to approach the Government or Tidco for assistance. All help came from sponsors, he said.

“Whenever I have asked for help was when I felt I was doing something that was authentically regional that needed support,” he said.

After that, people started asking his company to do sporting events for them, he said, but that was short-lived when his company was awarded the contract to promote the Shell Caribbean Cup.

“We had a small staff of about three or four people so we could not do anything else for a while,” said Harford. “We now have 11 full-time employees and a pool of people who work with us on projects as demanded.”

Harford said he did not want to give the impression that All Sports was “wildly successful”, since there had been some very good years and some very poor ones that threatened the survival of the company.

“We were particularly brutally hit in 2000 when the political stalemate came,” he said. “And what we found was that people were not just willing to support sport; there was uncertainty, and nobody seemed interested in investing long-term and big time in sport, with one or two exceptions like Republic Bank with their Youth Football. They kept us going. Clico with its investment in the 2001 Under-17 World Cup football.

“We managed to get by with one or two sponsors staying the course, but largely companies just wouldn’t support sport.

“We got to the point where we thought we had to lay off staff, but we struggled and we kept them.

“We are now over the worse of that political uncertainty and we have found that there is now some interest in sponsoring sport.”

Harford said that the nature of the companies is to support things they like, not necessarily if it was good for the company or the country.

“If a CEO likes a sport or his child is playing it, he would pump some money into it,” said Harford. “We have very few companies in T&T, with the exception of the banks and some insurance companies, that commit to national development in sport.”

Harford said he recalled going to a CEO of a large company to ask for $20,000 to sponsor a youth project and was refused for “lack of funds”, but he was called a month later by the same CEO to cover a golf project he was sponsoring to the tune of $250,000.

“Of course, it’s his money and I don’t let those things worry me,” he said. “But it has convinced me that some people don’t have structured plans to develop a sport.”

There were about eight or ten companies in T&T, including Republic Bank, Clico, Guardian Life, SM Jaleel, Petrotrin, BGTT, NGC, British American and Carib that were serious about developing sport, he said.

“They consistently stay with sport,” he said. “I’ve never been able to convince Atlantic LNG to do any sport. We depend on about ten companies to survive, since it’s impossible to depend on gate receipts to be financially successful.”

He said that companies which were expecting massive crowd participation before it sponsored an event would be disappointed and would not do so.

The fickleness of the T&T sports fan was well known and he would disappear from the stands if his team was not winning. How many times a year is the Oval filled with spectators? Or one of the stadia? Once? Twice? There is no guarantee that you will get a crowd.

“Even police don’t come support police teams. If I get a crowd at a game, that is a bonus,” he said matter-of-factly.

The exception, he said, was if the teams in the finals belonged to a community or village, like Maraval United, San Juan United or Preysal.

“If Queen’s Park make a final in cricket in south, you get ten people, because Queen’s Park is just a big club with 3,000 members of which maybe ten or 12 would make the trip down south to watch Queen’s Park in a final. But if you get Preysal playing against Wanderers, you’ll get a crowd in the final, because there are community-based teams.

“And that’s the reality of sports, so that anybody going into a project in our business saying that gate receipts will see them through...it doesn’t work that way.

“I prefer to offer a sponsor television, so they get their mileage through television and they get their ads in the programme.

“We also promote sporting events that we are not involved in,” he said. “We do three hours on Monday night with ieTV Channel 16, and a five-minute nightly sportscast the rest of the week three times a night.”

“Sports as a Business” was an evolving market with a lot of potential, but “we weren’t there yet,” Harford said.

“Those who come after me will probably do well, because we are laying the foundation and are convincing others that there is a need for companies like ours, and there is a need for the proper management of sport,” he added.

“You will hear Jack Warner saying pretty much the same things I say. And it is true. But it is a very hard sell. My heart goes out to him because of the amount of work he does in football and there is very little support coming back. I don’t know what his challenges are, but I know what mine are. And day in, day out we are pounding the pavement trying to get companies to get involved with us and try to support projects and so on.”

Harford said that there were countless “positives” that could come out of supporting sport, including the production of more national heroes and making scholarships available to sportsmen and women.

Selling a sports project to a company takes proper organisation and the ability to convince its influential members that the project was worthwhile and could generate a lot of goodwill for their company, he said.

Harford also blamed the media as not being “great supporters of sport.”

The production of the weekly sports magazines by the media and other bodies did not help an upcoming event very much since they reported “after the fact” of the event.

“When was the last time a newspaper actively sponsored and supported an event in T&T?” he asked. “The last person to do that was Ken Gordon when he sponsored the Express Great Race and the Mirror doing the marathon. And that is what made them great things. All the newspapers and radio and television stations...what do they sponsor?

“The cost of promoting an event is very high, so if we can get one media house to sponsor one event, you will see sports take a quantum leap in this country.

“The Super League cost us almost $600,000 a year to run,” he said. “We have to raise that through sponsorship.”

As for the Government’s offer of 150 per cent tax allowance up to $1million to companies supporting sporting activities, Harford said he was not sure if it was working.

Harford said that his company might have disappeared a long time ago if he and his staff did not have a love and passion for sport and the job and were not willing to make sacrifices.

“Plus if we did not have the television production side of the operation to offer that benefit to sponsors, we would not have survived,” he said.

“We have survived but we haven’t thrived. I think the potential is there and will improve as we turn out more and more sportsmen who are making it big internationally.

“But I see us as pioneers, and pioneers are hardly the ones who reap the benefit.”

All Sports Promotion, he said, will be involved in eight major events next year. It will also be using its mandate to operate a new radio station next year as a promotional tool for sporting events.

“It will be a station dedicated and committed the promotion of all sports,” he said.

“That should go a long way in cutting down on the costs of promoting events and help all who want to get into this exciting business.”
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 06:32:47 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 07:26:35 PM »
While I really, really hope these boys do what they say they're going to do......I will wait with baited breath.

My concerns are these:

1) If TTFF are so poor, and have lost the confidence of players, supporters, administrators and government...why are we allowing them to continue to stay in place and take salaries when more competent people could be put in place?

2) Remember I said a couple of weeks ago that Govt should only provide funds if there is an independent watchdog? well, obviously Anil reads this site!! BUT, you now have to ask, given point 1, why are we paying people to watch people who are not trusted to do a job?

3) How much are the mighty ALLSPORT getting paid? How is this determined? However they get paid, its money being taken from football. If they're getting, say, $50,000 per month, this would fund the Caribbeans best youth programme. So, again, thanks, but no thanks. Get rid of TTFF and apoint AllSport as the new federation in some way, but don't pay two groups of people to do the same thing. Madness.

4) Bad marketing already. Why charge $100 and $200 for a match featuring our national team in their last game before WC and a nothing team? This match should be $40 & $80. Fill the stadium to bursting. Get people there early to get in. Sell bucket loads of flags, banners, noisemakers. T shirts for $80, replica shirts for $300. Free face painting. Make your money from concessions....beers, soft drinks, nuts. Make it a party to launch the "Boys for Brazil" Get the whole damn country talking about football in a positive (This will also help the Pro League)

How embarrassed should Camps & Groden be when they're not allowed to run their own organisation? I hear Tony Harford is a good guy. Supposedly one of Warners boys, but apparently willing to go head to head with him to get things done his way. I really do wish them success, but I really don't think they should be paid to wipe TTFF's dutty ass.
       (1)Who are the competent people?

(2)That committee eh independent because it have TTFF members on it plus they have to report to the MoS.

(3)Anybody getting involved in our Football in it because there is money to be made,Allsport grasping at an opportunity to get some dollars.

(4)What you think this is,Minor League Football?they charging less than that and people eh going to see the Pro league.We want to compare/measure ourselves with the rest of the world?if people want to see Football they have to pay,where you get that marketing strategy from?

You hear Tony Harford is a good guy,you don't know Tony Harford?Breds it have no good guys in Football,everybody wants a piece of the pie,every day in the news somebody getting suspended/baned by FIFA.You willing to go head to head with someone who is supposedly one of Warner's boys and you wish them well,all i can tell you is be careful.     

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 07:41:31 PM »
...ahem ..is that bound hand and feet ? From what I am reading some ah dem organisers may not be outside come 2014  :devil:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2011, 07:46:21 PM »

My concerns are these:

Holford is an archivist for the TTFF, basically this All Sport is an extension of the TTFF

The TTFF is going nowhere and I'm sorry to say but the government is prolonging their tenure by appointing 2 TTFF execs to the the committee

I agree the prices are out of whack especially since we are not playing quality opponents, to me they have now created a more complex system to thief money from the people of T&T

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2011, 08:33:57 PM »
Coops, I didn't say I'm "willing to go head to head with someone who is supposedly one of Warner's boys" I said Harford was.  Yes, I wish them well, because ultimately I want to see some transparency, accountability and organisation. If that comes from these guys, its gotta be good for T&T football.

On a personal note, I'm willing to go head to head with anyone who is performing a substandard role or thiefin money!

As for marketing, when was the last time you tried to sell a ticket for a football match in T&T hoss? Fellas rather spend $300 to take their girls to 51 or an all inclusive fete. $400 is ridiculous for a pair of tickets to a match no one is interested in. The way to encourage interest for the WCQ's is to get people interested now. Thats why every top retailer from McDonalds to Mercedes have special offers. These guys have to relaunch a brand. They should have free tickets for kids, buy one get one free deals, free Tshirts for the first 500 tickets sold. Something, anything to encourage fans.

I was all set on going, but then I saw I'd have to pay 10 x the price of a Pro League match or 5 x the cost of a double header AT THE SAME STADIUM, watching many of the same players and the match will either be dull or embarrassing. Where's the value (or incentive) in that?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2011, 08:41:46 PM »
Coops, I didn't say I'm "willing to go head to head with someone who is supposedly one of Warner's boys" I said Harford was.  Yes, I wish them well, because ultimately I want to see some transparency, accountability and organisation. If that comes from these guys, its gotta be good for T&T football.

On a personal note, I'm willing to go head to head with anyone who is performing a substandard role or thiefin money!

As for marketing, when was the last time you tried to sell a ticket for a football match in T&T hoss? Fellas rather spend $300 to take their girls to 51 or an all inclusive fete. $400 is ridiculous for a pair of tickets to a match no one is interested in. The way to encourage interest for the WCQ's is to get people interested now. Thats why every top retailer from McDonalds to Mercedes have special offers. These guys have to relaunch a brand. They should have free tickets for kids, buy one get one free deals, free Tshirts for the first 500 tickets sold. Something, anything to encourage fans.

I was all set on going, but then I saw I'd have to pay 10 x the price of a Pro League match or 5 x the cost of a double header AT THE SAME STADIUM, watching many of the same players and the match will either be dull or embarrassing. Where's the value (or incentive) in that?
       Breds is not me,those players have to get paid,free tickets,nuts and bears money can't cut it.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, 09:05:46 PM »
FS you're on the ball with what is OBVIOUS logic, a logic that these dunces in the TTFF and other associated organizing committess jess cyah see. Lower the price while you try to gain confidence from the public that does NOT YET see the value in the product. The TTFF brand is extremely damaged, the public is very cynical and yuh even go ha' to PAY some people to go and see de national team play a game in de stadium, a tragedy if you ask me, such is the contempt for Jackula, Scamps, Rodent and dem tiefin' crooks.

People generally respec' Harford and he has excellent PR skills and he was an effective TV personality for years in this country, covering sports with a passion. He sensed the vibes, read de play and refreshingly admitted that trust will be hard to come by with an appropriately solemn demeanor, like he was in ah funeral dread. However it is disturbing that there seem to be many signs that dangerous deals are going orn behind de scenes.

Thank you Lasana for those fantastic and yes confrontational questions. The only credible journalist not completely bought with hush money and eh fraid to say what the piblic is exactly thinkin'. Dem eh rocket science questions.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 10:38:12 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2011, 12:45:54 AM »

Breds is not me,those players have to get paid,free tickets,nuts and bears money can't cut it.

Coops, this isn't about the players....they'll be paid once a few people have their assets seized. This is about repairing the damage those clowns have wreaked on our football. Its about regaining confidence and interest. Football is a business, and should be treated as a product. Look how Toyota combatted their bad publicity...more advertising and reduced prices. You gotta get people to test drive the car before they buy, breds.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2011, 07:30:05 AM »
I completely forgot to post this once the thread started.....with all the enthusiasm I can muster....here goes.....

WE GOING BRAZIL!!!

:party: :party: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :duel: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :party: :wavetowel: :whip:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2011, 11:24:42 AM »

Coops, this isn't about the players....they'll be paid once a few people have their assets seized. This is about repairing the damage those clowns have wreaked on our football. Its about regaining confidence and interest. Football is a business, and should be treated as a product. Look how Toyota combatted their bad publicity...more advertising and reduced prices. You gotta get people to test drive the car before they buy, breds.

FS, I feel Coop's is playing devil's advocate! He well knows what yuh proposed above for marketing the game and getting a full stadium makes perfect sense! He's just doing his best to represent the opposite point of view to add a little more balance to the forum!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2011, 11:27:21 AM »
Camps is a genius.  This is a great smokescreen he put up.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2011, 12:03:22 PM »

FS, I feel Coop's is playing devil's advocate! He well knows what yuh proposed above for marketing the game and getting a full stadium makes perfect sense! He's just doing his best to represent the opposite point of view to add a little more balance to the forum!  ;)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: is Football Breds,once the national team playing the stadium will full,some peeps on here just saying they eh going Football (protest my arse),doh worry with them they does hide and go because the WN flag always there,who eh make it they want full reports or they vex because it eh coming on TV.This game nice yes!!   

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2011, 12:24:50 PM »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: is Football Breds,once the national team playing the stadium will full,some peeps on here just saying they eh going Football (protest my arse),doh worry with them they does hide and go because the WN flag always there,who eh make it they want full reports or they vex because it eh coming on TV.This game nice yes!!   

Coops you are correct. We have been hypocritical and after all the old talk we sit back and settle for the status quo. And the powers that be are very much aware of this, in fact they depend on this, they could set their clocks by the fickleness of human nature.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2011, 02:04:13 PM »
I completely forgot to post this once the thread started.....with all the enthusiasm I can muster....here goes.....

WE GOING BRAZIL!!!

:party: :party: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :duel: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :party: :wavetowel: :whip:
lol

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2011, 02:19:57 PM »

My concerns are these:

Your second point is madness. You can't put a private entity to as the TTFF - there would be a direct conflict of interest, a la Jack Warner.

We need someone to manage the logistics of international matches. Thus a proven performer has to be hired, this is normals the world over.

As to why Camps and dey eh get dey ass fired, Roberts covered that in a previous statement saying Govt. aren't allowed to fire football administrator according to the laws of FIFA. As history has shown when this is done, your national team is IMMEDIATELY banned by FIFA from all internationals and tournaments.

The best you can do is put a watch dog over them or have the local footballers or public encourage dey ass to leave.

The Guyanese football team tried this some years ago and refused to play any more matches until the GFF resigned. But them fu*&^%s refused to go.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2011, 03:54:33 AM »
Your second point is madness. You can't put a private entity to as the TTFF - there would be a direct conflict of interest, a la Jack Warner. My point was: Remember I said a couple of weeks ago that Govt should only provide funds if there is an independent watchdog? well, obviously Anil reads this site!! BUT, you now have to ask, given point 1, why are we paying people to watch people who are not trusted to do a job? How is this madness? This is (almost) exactly what they have done! I don't understand the Jack Warner relevence, please explain further.

We need someone to manage the logistics of international matches. Thus a proven performer has to be hired, this is normals the world over. This is the primary function of TTFF. TTFF are supposed to appoint a Local Organising Committee. That is "normals the world over". However, as we have seen, they cannot be trusted to do this. They are supposed to be the proven performer and if they can't do the job, they should be replaced.

As to why Camps and dey eh get dey ass fired, Roberts covered that in a previous statement saying Govt. aren't allowed to fire football administrator according to the laws of FIFA. As history has shown when this is done, your national team is IMMEDIATELY banned by FIFA from all internationals and tournaments. No one asked govt to get involved directly. I suggested they appoint an independent watchdog, which is almost what they have done. Trust me, they read this site. Camps et al should be removed by the regional FAs through pressure from the members (clubs). That is the standard practice, except in this country where the regional F.A.s don't listen to their members and apathy has set in.

The best you can do is put a watch dog over them or have the local footballers or public encourage dey ass to leave. Which was my point 2, except players cannot and will not get involved and the public has no power to "encourage dey ass to leave", the best the public can do is express their dissatisfaction. The media should be the voice of the people, but again, this is Trinidad.

The Guyanese football team tried this some years ago and refused to play any more matches until the GFF resigned. But them fu*&^%s refused to go. Of course they refused to go. They are a private entity and can do what they want. Until pressure comes from below and they are forced to work to keep their individual positions, they will sit there forever.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2011, 07:22:07 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xko0Rs2FU40" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Xko0Rs2FU40</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_ZDS-ekAvBA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_ZDS-ekAvBA</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Gooding joins Authorization Committee
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 06:22:20 PM »
Gooding joins Authorization Committee
All Sport Media

We are pleased to advise that Ms. Carolyn Gooding an accountant in the projects office at the University of the West Indies has accepted to join the authorization committee that will oversee the disbursment of funds for the upcoming World Cup campaign and other football projects. The committee's final member, a TTFF representative will be confirmed early next week. The committee's first meeting is scheduled to take place before the first World Cup Match between Trinidad and Tobago and Bermuda.

This committee which will work alongside All Sport Promotions, the newly appointed marketing and event management agents for the TTFF, comprises the following persons:

·        Anthony Harford ( All Sport/ Chairman).
·        Ian De Souza ( Republic Bank).
·        Carolyn Gooding (UWI).
·        Caryl Kellar (Government Rep).
·        TTFF Representative.

The TTFF General Secretary and the Operations Director at All Sport will join meetings to engage in discussions relative to the ongoing projects.

For more information call : All Sport 628 9964.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2011, 08:17:31 PM »

i partial to de TTFF 'caravan to carrera' mihself

LUV IT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>