April 28, 2024, 08:18:50 PM

Author Topic: PM BLAMES PNM  (Read 1919 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
PM BLAMES PNM
« on: August 13, 2011, 09:26:13 AM »
Originally printed at http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/PM_BLAMES_PNM-127646003.html

By Joel Julien joel.julien@trinidadexpress.com
August 13, 2011
ELEMENTS within the Opposition People's National Movement (PNM) are fuelling the recent uprisings in the country, Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar said yesterday.

Persad-Bissessar made that statement following a walkabout on Frederick Street in Port of Spain.

The walkabout, from Queen Street to the Brian Lara Promenade, at the bottom of Frederick Street, lasted some 20 minutes.

"I do believe there is a political element in some of the action that is being taken. It is not simply an issue of industrial unrest or protest action in Point Fortin," Persad-Bissessar said.

On Thursday, protesters, who claimed neglect by the People's Partnership Government, set up burning barricades along every road leading to Point Fortin, shutting down access to the borough.

Questioned about the situation in Point Fortin, Persad-Bissessar said Works and Infrastructure Minister Jack Warner visited the area yesterday, and she was awaiting a report from him.

However, Persad-Bissessar said because the Opposition PNM has been in control of the area for a considerable period of time, she believed there may be some "political element" fuelling the protest action.

Paula Gopee-Scoon, the Member of Parliament for the area, is currently in Grenada.

"As you know, Point Fortin was under the watch of the last administration for the past umpteen years, also, likewise, in Tamana, so I am being advised again there are elements within the Opposition who are sparking that particular line of protest there, and even within the movement, with respect to the wage negotiations, there is a political element that is creeping in," she said.

"Indeed, I do believe one opposition MP went on radio and was encouraging that there be a national strike, so there is that political element that we need to be aware of," Persad-Bissessar said.

In response to the PM's assertion, PNM general secretary Ashton Ford said yesterday the PNM categorically denies any involvement in the organisation of protest action at Point Fortin and Tamana, "though we support residents taking peaceful and legitimate action for the equitable distribution of resources for development of their communities".

Ford said the Prime Minister must not blame the PNM for her Government's incompetence and for her Government's bias in the distribution of country's resources.

"She must also remember that it was the UNC (United National Congress) in Opposition which called for civil disobedience," he said. He also pointed out that it was the Prime Minister herself who said that protest action at the community level would be a thing of the past and would become unnecessary because the Ministry of the People would address such concerns before they reached to the boiling point.

"The PNM would also act responsibly in and out of Government," he said.

Ford said 15 months after being voted into office, the Government was still in election mode and was blaming the PNM for whatever goes wrong. "Nothing has changed," he said, adding the People's Partnership Government did not have a plan to deal with the country's problems.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
Re: PM BLAMES PNM
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 11:31:55 AM »
Mr Ford is quite correct. 15 months after elections and the ministers in Government still blame everything that goin on in dis place on the PNM. when will they step up to the plate and take responsibility

is years communities protest about the state of their roads. all of a sudden is d PNM behind it  ???

is obvious, de PP getting jam from all sides because of their lack of proper governance. so they revert back to their election plan of blaming PNM for everything thinking the public will ease them up and forget about the issues.

madam PM and her ministers need to know the honeymoon over long time. after 15 months, i personally have not seen the 'change' that they promised.

but is five years they have in power, so they have time to redeem themselves  ::)
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 02:10:24 PM »
This Prime Minister continues to evade questions or go missing or blame the PNM whenever faced with any kind of scrutiny.

I distinctly remember Basdeo Panday saying they would make this country ungovernable and KPB herself said there would be blood in the streets if the PNM won the last elections. That's what the UNC stood for. Remember how long it took for the Police Reform bills to get passed when they were in Opposition.

Social unrest is part of the game especially when you can't satisfy everyone you make promises to including the unions. As the government you have to deal with it, you have to deal with the various interests while maintaining order.You can't just throw your hands up and say the Opposition is the cause. But I suppose the Prime Minister already knows this but is prepared to fight an information war to demonise anyone or any group who demonstrates their dissatisfaction.

I can't remember a time when both the unions and the police were prepared to take what amounts to industrial action simultaneously. Please don't get me wrong I'm not a unionist nor am I supporting any group conveniently because they are against the government. What I am disappointed with is that for all the huff and puff and promises of change and commitments made ,the government has not only shown itself wanting in diplomacy and negotiation skills but has virtually deceived these groups charged with protecting the interests of their members.

When all else fails launch an ad campaign to win public support and if that fails too say its the PNM causing the problems. Please ,less PR and more PM.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 02:14:42 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 05:26:58 PM »
Mr Ford is quite correct. 15 months after elections and the ministers in Government still blame everything that goin on in dis place on the PNM. when will they step up to the plate and take responsibility

dis remind me of someone in de usa .....

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 10:47:32 PM »

Is de f@#king REPUBLICANS who F@#K up de Mu@@er C**t place. Is them who blaming everybody else, just like we PM.

Look Sarah Palin just name all 52 states hurry up go see.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 10:55:41 PM »
Is de f@#king REPUBLICANS who F@#K up de Mu@@er C**t place. Is them who blaming everybody else, just like we PM.

I come tuh realize now that ribbit is ah Obama troll... notice how whenever he criticize Obama and yuh counter him with any kinda substantive response he doesn't respond?  He does juss lay low fuh ah few days then start up de chant in ah different thread.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 11:13:30 PM »
LOUDESTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
STEUPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

This coming from people who when was in opposition encourage civil disobedence. So let me say again

LOUDESTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
STEUPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 06:00:53 PM »
Our PM need to stop making so many silly mistakes when she makes her speeches!

Just watched the TV6 News online where she was giving a speech in Laventille about the steelpan and claimed it is the only acoustic instrument created in the 21st century!  ???

Never realised that 1930’s was in the 21st century, that’s a new one to me!

Personally I find such statements from our PM highly embarrassing!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 09:08:25 PM »

wHAT SHE NAME THE 2 NEW sTATES?    Confusion and Stupor?

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 09:47:42 PM »
di police force is PNM we all know dat.. nuff nuff facking years dem wutless pieces of shit wrk without a raise frm pnm now all of innah sudden dem want big money.. fack all dem police.. dem facking wutless..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 05:54:46 AM »
War, you and I may share the same disdain with the police service, but  to a point. The same thunder the "PNM" police use to give PNM, is the same thunder they giving PP now.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 06:04:00 AM »
It always facsinates me that the electorate, in any country across the world, vote for people to run their country who have never done the job before, yet expect them to do it right. And the damn poloticians say anything during their campaigns without knowing if what they say is possible or practical.

Kamla and friends used to lol around on the opposition benches cussing the PNM, but did they really sit down with a minister and study his budget, his resources and his future programme? Probably not. Like all opposition MPs they would just throw out a demand for the sake of a soundbite.

Its like us guys demanding that W Connection spend real money to sign a striker. Its easy to do. Lets say you can get Michael Owen for free and he's interested. Sign him!! No matter he may want $50,000 pm. You can get sponsorship, right. And look how much you can earn from the gates.

The reality is that someone like Carib may pay $100,000 for a Michael Owen ad, but they won't pay half a million. And maybe you could attract 2,000 new supporters, but thats only $40,000 per game x 7 and you have a lot of deductions from that. And what happens if he's injured, or just plain sh*t? You still have to pay the man.

My point is that its easy when you're on the outside. On the inside, every smartass idea has to be weighed against the other 150 smartass ideas and the 10 good ones. Money is finate.

Its great that all the kids got laptops, but there could be no electricity to power them or police to prevent them being stolen. Pensioners have more money in their pockets, yet the cost of living has increased so the effect is neutralised. Plus, they could be forced to live without running water, no electricity and garbage in the streets.

Kamla and friends are now realising the true cost of those glib election promises.

I have no idea what the answer is, but voting someone into power who has never done the job is very risky. A good MP does not make a good PM just by reversing the initials. Look how Russell Latapy was made to sink or swim openly in the public glare. He may be able to talk - and play- a good game, and, given the correct resources and support, maybe could have been a great coach. But the right way was to let him gain experience elsewhere, learning to select a competent team based not on talent, but on the budget available.
Kamla is the political version of Latapy. A marketable option to keep the masses quiet, but with no experience of being numero uno.

Until we find a way of overcoming the gang warfare of us and them party politics this will continue to happen. If only we could have a system where promising young politicians spend time shadowing ministers, learning how to deal with massive budgets, and budget cuts and create a manifesto that is based on reality not vote winning.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 07:13:21 AM »

wHAT SHE NAME THE 2 NEW sTATES?    Confusion and Stupor?

Niiiiiice

but anyway, de woman right,, allyuh know puerto rico and guam is jus de outside chirren dat uncle sam doh claim...but does pay he chile support regular
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

truetrini

1]; } ?>