April 28, 2024, 01:15:19 AM

Author Topic: Support from the US & Mexico  (Read 1372 times)

MickeyRat

Support from the US & Mexico
« on: October 24, 2005, 12:34:09 PM »
Considering what we have done for Concacaf I was hoping to see more support from the likes of the US and Mexico, at least in lending a hand in either warm-up games or technical support.  After all, we have a pretty good history we these two teams.  Has anything been offered?

truetrini

Re: Support from the US & Mexico
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 12:36:59 PM »
we eh go ask fuh technical support and we cyar get we players released so we eh looking fuh no warm up games.

MickeyRat

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 12:39:04 PM »
Not clear on your point.  The players still coming back home for camp right?
No one is asking for a full US or Mexican, or whoever the squad may be, but a team that will give us a good game.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 12:45:25 PM »
These teams have their own business to handle. Technical support, I think Beenhakker and his two assistants and the local contingent possess the skills needed for the technical side of things. WRT warm up games, we've played these teams twice each in the calendar year so far. I don't think we can learn anything from playing against them. Remember it makes no sense just playing a warm up game 'for so'. If we were able to play a warm up game and get our players together at an earlier time frame then a friendly game against Qatar, Dubai, Iraq or teams like that would have been good. But as far as Mexico or USA, that would not make much sense to me.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 12:49:39 PM »
U.S and Mexico believe it or not is Backing TNT 100%.. I will not be suprise if telemundo decides to bring de game..Mexicans at my Job was very quick to point out after TNT victory over mexico dat TNT looks very organise knocking de ball ..also Dey were quick to point out Edwards dribbling skills ... First time innah mi life I feal mexico backing a caribean team...Go TNT..
warmonga...
Black Lives Matter..

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 12:50:26 PM »
Yea well, u'll have seen what we've learnt from this false notion of 'CONCACAF Solidarity'
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

MickeyRat

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 12:51:48 PM »
These teams have their own business to handle. Technical support, I think Beenhakker and his two assistants and the local contingent possess the skills needed for the technical side of things. WRT warm up games, we've played these teams twice each in the calendar year so far. I don't think we can learn anything from playing against them. Remember it makes no sense just playing a warm up game 'for so'. If we were able to play a warm up game and get our players together at an earlier time frame then a friendly game against Qatar, Dubai, Iraq or teams like that would have been good. But as far as Mexico or USA, that would not make much sense to me.

I see your point.
What I'm trying to get at is we’ve been trying so long and hard to qualify.  The last time we got this close was 89’ (The US was de better team).  You would think as another Concacaf team, they would step up and say well look ah warm up, or something...  I’m sure if the tables were reversed, Trinidad (or Jack) will be first to lend support in anyway they can to that team.  It’s a given, the US and Mexico go always qualify.  

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 02:47:34 PM »
Jayerson Dubai is not ah country fella. its U.A.E. but what ya say is true.  :beermug:

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 03:20:42 PM »
Boss we doh need ah warm up game four days before a serious game as de 12th.. What is this notion of needing a warm up?  We don't have enough time to recover from such a game, and we risk picking up serious injuries playing such a  game.  As much as we grousing bout Bahrain playing a warm up game, we ain't realize that they taking a risk by playing it.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2005, 03:52:32 PM »
if de warriors want ah warmup match they could play joepublic or w connection.and honestly this really b an exhibition game.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

1]; } ?>