April 26, 2024, 05:10:14 AM

Author Topic: La Liga Season 2011-2012  (Read 43071 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: La Liga Season 2011-2012
« Reply #210 on: January 25, 2012, 02:59:19 PM »
Game on.  More licks for Madrid?  Most likely but I want to at least see them put up a good fight.

Throw away king already miss a sitter inside of 10 seconds.

Barcelona's staring XI : PINTO - ALVES - PUYOL - PIQUÉ - ABIDAL- BUSQUETS - XAVI - INIESTA - MESSI - CESC - ALEXIS

Real Madrid : CASILLAS - COENTRAO - ARBELOA - PEPE - RAMOS - XABI ALONSO - LASS - OZIL - KAKA - RONALDO - HIGUAIN

WHAT A SHOT!!!!!
Ozil just hit one from about 30 yards off the crossbar, the post, almost on the line then back out.
Shots like that deserve to score every time.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 03:31:07 PM by Peong »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 25, 2012, 03:43:46 PM »
Barca making some dirty challeneges and the ref turning a blind eye. That last yellow on Ramos was a proper blade. Diarra "tackle" was also fair and he got a yellow, but nothing for Alves when he launch into the defender, plus the no call on the handball from the corner.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 25, 2012, 03:45:33 PM »
Sergio, knee high studs up, barely a whistle. Almost take CR knee.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 25, 2012, 03:46:55 PM »
"That was very, very tasty!" lol
Messi bamboozle them.

Lord fadda what a goal!
Diarra is a next crazy man.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 03:52:30 PM by Peong »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 25, 2012, 03:52:46 PM »
LAAAWWWDDD!!!!   :o :o :o

A demon from Alves up in the jep nest to make it 2-0.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 25, 2012, 04:37:00 PM »
Barca making some dirty challeneges and the ref turning a blind eye. That last yellow on Ramos was a proper blade. Diarra "tackle" was also fair and he got a yellow, but nothing for Alves when he launch into the defender, plus the no call on the handball from the corner.

All dat is payback from all d nasty play Real been carryin' on with the last few seasons.  It's been a while now sice Real come to really "play football" against Barca as opposed to using....."stop them" tactics.  Turnabout is fair play.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 25, 2012, 04:56:04 PM »
Even though they draw, Real doh wah nuttn with Barca.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 25, 2012, 05:00:12 PM »
I'm not a Real Madrid fan.. But the amount of decisions that go against them is borderline criminal.

Ref calling a setta soft fouls for Barca once the Barca players embellish it.. and Busquets/Dani/Pedro/Pique and co all too happy to go to ground and cry.

Then blowing off the game without letting them take the last free kick was the icing on the cake.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 25, 2012, 05:14:39 PM »
Why was Ramos's goal disallowed? Did the ref call a foul on that play?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 25, 2012, 05:15:46 PM »

Yes...he did grab Alves' arm and tug on him like a small town church bell.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 25, 2012, 05:58:06 PM »
Small ting.

Let them have the Copa. We will take the league and the CL.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 25, 2012, 06:23:19 PM »

Yes...he did grab Alves' arm and tug on him like a small town church bell.

well after a couple of Barca Basketball player made a guest appearance in the box.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 25, 2012, 06:25:23 PM »

All dat is payback from all d nasty play Real been carryin' on with the last few seasons.  It's been a while now sice Real come to really "play football" against Barca as opposed to using....."stop them" tactics.  Turnabout is fair play.

Their was no stop them football today, just fast, physical play. Good hard tackles that the refs only seeing as fouls. It eh no turnaround. As a ref you cannot come to a game with ideas. That is spoiling the game.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 25, 2012, 06:38:41 PM »

Their was no stop them football today, just fast, physical play. Good hard tackles that the refs only seeing as fouls. It eh no turnaround. As a ref you cannot come to a game with ideas. That is spoiling the game.

I never said anything about the referee coming to the game with ideas.  I said what I said based on what I have seen coming from Real the past couple seasons.  So what if they came to play football...."today"?  their tactics and wild play over the past couple seasons suggest that they weren't always interested in that as much as they were in stopping Barca by any means necessary.  I have seen men like Adebayor and Diarra get away with virtual muder on the pitch in recent games...so if aa few Barca players get away with murder today, I reiterate, "turnabout is fair play".

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 25, 2012, 09:16:58 PM »
Why did Ramos get sent off? That was a fair contest for the ball, no way that's a yellow.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 25, 2012, 09:38:59 PM »
Yeah the ref wasn't impressive.  Diarra shoulda been sent off, Ramos 2nd yellow was nothing.  Good thing the ref didn't affect the outcome of the tie.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 25, 2012, 11:26:19 PM »
Why was Ramos' goal called off?
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 25, 2012, 11:31:25 PM »
Why was Ramos' goal called off?

He pulled Dani Alves down by the arm.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 26, 2012, 09:07:44 AM »
Good game overall... The ref loved Barca yesterday. They got the calls - can't argue that... I count two handballs in the box (Busquets and Abidal) - one o' dem had to stick- I doh get it...Also alot of the foul calls were not fair, and they broke Madrid's momentum when Barca was unsettled - it changed the game alot because Barca's game is all about rhythm - on the rare occasions that yuh manage to break it, they get rattled and look ordinary - it's why they hardly dominate the first 15-20 mins of a game against a big side - it takes some time to settle into their game...IMO the ref halted the game with silly foul calls and allowed Barca to settle at crucial times when they were rattled...

Ramos eh tug down Alves like no church bell, he did hold his arm, but Alves embellish with a dive worthy of the Olympic springboard competition...My wife and all make out de scene and get hype..I tell her "yuh could tell you only now start tuh watch football"...Can't complain about that call though - it was a foul but I've seen worse go uncalled because the foul recipient tried to play instead of looking for a call...but yuh also can't blame Alves, contact or not he woulda been beaten to the ball and it was a matter of goal or no goal, so he had to make sure the ref saw the contact...

Lass foul wasn't no card - but the ref do sh*t by giving Messi a yellow on the play right before so it look bad...People (including the refs) iz get tie up when men bend up dey body, sommersault and flail dey arms like they got shot...Neither Messi's foul on Pepe, nor Lass' foul on Messi were cardable offenses - not a scratch was suffered, and there was no immediate danger.... they were just fouls, and fouls happen in football - full stop.  I really get frustrated by how cheap cards are these days.  Ronaldo had a fair tackle on Alves - the replay showed it was all ball...But Alves leap and roll like it was the end of the world - yellow card ...steups....

All in all it was a good game though....Other than Higuain missing two sitters, and the ref leaning toward Barca, Madrid hadda be happy with how they acquit themselves..they put some good pressure on Barca and made it a proper contest for a change.  As long as Pep in charge, and Barca has the personnel they have right now, they will always be a dominant looking side, and the team to beat - yuh take what yuh could get against them...  I think Iniesta was missed even though Barca's goals came after he got injured - what he adds in the run of play is priceless. 
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 09:12:34 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 26, 2012, 09:42:41 AM »
I don't mean to sound like a stuck record but, we beatin dat this year. Every single game Barca seeing more stress. Now they resorting to theatrics, on their own field no less.

Pressure in Champions League. Boom
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 26, 2012, 10:25:49 AM »
kicker boy that Diarra tackle was late and clumsy.
Apart from violent tackles, I see late tackles get penalised the most.
Easy second yellow.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 26, 2012, 02:11:35 PM »
Easy second yellow.

I hear what you're saying, but i personally just not on red cards except for in extreme circumstances... Too many games for me does get kill with these officiate-to-rule red cards that in reality very very ridiculous if yuh pull yuhself away and actually try tuh make sense of the ruling given the actual scenario that took place...

I'm not sure if the stricter red card rulings in the modern game have made the game safer, as much as they've exposed the game to alot more game-spoiling antics...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 27, 2012, 04:09:27 AM »
Easy second yellow.

I hear what you're saying, but i personally just not on red cards except for in extreme circumstances... Too many games for me does get kill with these officiate-to-rule red cards that in reality very very ridiculous if yuh pull yuhself away and actually try tuh make sense of the ruling given the actual scenario that took place...

I'm not sure if the stricter red card rulings in the modern game have made the game safer, as much as they've exposed the game to alot more game-spoiling antics...

rules is rules, Jed.....the men who playing this sport professsionally (and even us armchair critics) have been playing the sport with basically the same rules all their lives.  the players have to adjust to the rules.  the kinds of tackles I does see men like Diarra, Pepe, Essien, De Jong (and too many more to mention) are tackles that I KNOW they know go beyond the boundaries of decent and fair play.  Same for the play actors that Barca is accused of having on their team and the golden boy of play-acting, Mr. Mertonaldo himself.  You can"t blame the referees for their own interpretations/applications of the rules as much as you should blame the players for testing the referees' discretion.  If yuhh ridin' on a yellow card arready and d ref seem a little strict, then don't go tryin' to outdo your last offense and expect, or even worse, demand that the ref then be patient. 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 04:11:17 AM by Mango Chow! »

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 27, 2012, 09:54:59 AM »
Mango Chow ress yuh mouth nah or carry that in a Chelsea thread or something. I'll post the match highlights later. Ozil was very bad!
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 27, 2012, 12:21:26 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uc98GG842P8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Uc98GG842P8</a>
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 28, 2012, 05:16:25 PM »
Look - Barcelona cah even beat Villarreal.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 28, 2012, 06:09:37 PM »
Came across this video and thought I share it on here. I am not a Barca fan, and really don't care who wins between them and Real Madrid, but this is just too funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DhYU_znLSRk#!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 29, 2012, 08:38:18 AM »
The should fire Murinho now! Seven points clear, but he cyah beat Barca.  Fire Him!  :banginghead:
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 29, 2012, 08:25:53 PM »
Dey saying he intends to resign at the end of the season. Taking infront before infront take him.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 30, 2012, 09:17:18 AM »
Barcelona and in particular Messi, Fabragas and Xavi looked exhausted. League done now, so Jose gets his La Liga title.

Best game I have seen this year from La Liga, Rayo Vallecano vs Atl Bibao, what a match. End to end stuff and very technical football. The pace of the match was outstanding.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>