April 24, 2024, 01:01:52 PM

Author Topic: La Liga Season 2011-2012  (Read 43002 times)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: La Liga Season 2011-2012
« Reply #330 on: May 14, 2012, 12:05:06 PM »
APB FOR JAI JOHN!!

AMBER ALERT!!

Villareal get relegated yesterday... that is pressure... dem never finish lower than 7th or 8th de last decade.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 14, 2012, 01:09:11 PM »
Yikes!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 14, 2012, 05:16:51 PM »
Congrats to Messi on 50 league goals!

Umm errr I mean congrats to Xavi, Iniesta, the referees and to all the Barcelona dives in the 18-yard area that resulted in penalty kicks...

:beermug:
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 14, 2012, 08:45:49 PM »
APB FOR JAI JOHN!!

AMBER ALERT!!

Villareal get relegated yesterday... that is pressure... dem never finish lower than 7th or 8th de last decade.

Real sad day ...more than a relegation but rather a statement to illustrate that money is now controlling football ..... every team succeeding today has to spend hundreds of millions to attract the best players ...and those with lots of it ...buy players and farm them out so other competitors cant get them. So its like I dont really need him but you cant have him either !

Villareal lost the prize because they are forced into the wrong model ...they really did not have an option but to sell their best players . You cant do that and survive any decent league but what choice did they have ? If they buy big players they have to increase the wage bill ...they have a tiny stadium and will never attract large crowds at home because they simply cannot accommodate them.

So the world's biggest small side that shared  second round points  with barcelona and Real madrid now have a big task at hand ...how to keep their players who would obviously want first team football. If they could play with this team they would be back up next season ...just like Manchester united some years ago ....but I really cant see  Rossi, Nilmar etc playing second tier football and expecting to play for their country . So it looks like the end of a good run finally unless FIFA goes the basketball and soccer salary cap way that the Us has put in to avoid just what has happened here .
I wonder who can really celebrate when a team like Villareal which plays the football that we the afficionados love, gets relegated with little hope to rise again soon ?
Can Villareal build from their youth team .? ..with a good coach they can ...can they keep their best players ...not even the best coach can help them there ...and no Arab is going to buy a club from a small town and with a small stadium ...unless he wants to take up the challenge ...when you have  money to blow you own 10 cqrs ...who can understand the ways of the rich and famous ...not I . Calling Sheik al Thani ....S.O.S

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 15, 2012, 08:09:05 AM »
Losing Capdevilla and Cazorla, on top of injuries to Nilmar and Rossi, and the lack of a proper replacement for the aging Senna just killed that side -they don't have a deep roster, and they were playing in more than one competition this season too - was too much for them to handle.

It real sad, but I think they will be back.  They have a good philosophy at that club.  They were one major piece of silverware away from becoming a force to be reckoned with.  If they managed to win a major championship in their prime days and got that influx of cash from it, they woulda never looked back. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

1]; } ?>