April 27, 2024, 02:05:03 AM

Author Topic: Rihanna rocks Kensington  (Read 849 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rihanna rocks Kensington
« on: August 08, 2011, 10:44:18 AM »
By Davandra Babb Sunday Sun

RIHANNA came, she delivered, she was LOUDer than ever and the crowd loved her. 

In fact, she surpassed Barbadians' wildest dreams with her spectacular 90-minute performance during the LOUD Concert, at Kensington Oval in Bridgetown Friday night.

Although she appeared on stage well after her scheduled 9:30 p.m. start, fans did not mind waiting for the international pop singing sensation.

After the show, as the crowd trickled out, clearly satisfied with what they just seen and heard, many were more than happy to relay their thoughts and feelings to a Sunday Sun team.

Former West Indies cricket captain and master batsman Brian Lara had two words to sum up the night: "Great show."

Barbadian international singer Jaicko, who was in the VVIP section, said it was simply a fantastic performance.

"I enjoyed every minute of it. It is exactly what I expected and more," he said.

Ashley John, who came from Guyana just for the show, said it far exceeded her expectations.

"I absolutely loved it. It was amazing. It felt like a dream. I compared it to when I saw Beyonce in Trinidad and the show was way better. Even the VVIP setting was much better."

Member of Parliament Mara Thompson, widow of late PM David Thompson, who taught Rihanna at Combermere School, was there to take in the action.

"It was a very, very good show. I cannot think about all the superlatives right now but all I can say is that it was amazing! I am very proud of her; she gave a very spectacular performance," she said.

Her daughter, Oya Thompson, said: "I love Rihanna and it was awesome. She did a really good job!"

Some people said they were disappointed that other international stars who were in Barbados and are known to have collaborated with Rihanna did not make an appearance.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rihanna rocks Kensington
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 02:18:24 PM »
That Ashley chick from Guyana sound like she flu$h wit concert cash
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>