April 27, 2024, 06:46:44 PM

Author Topic: Improving T&T's Medal Chances in Daegu, Korea!!  (Read 788 times)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Improving T&T's Medal Chances in Daegu, Korea!!
« on: August 17, 2011, 09:53:50 AM »
The 13th World Athletics Championships will be held in Daegu, Korea from the 27th August – 4th September 2011.

Below is the T&T team selected by our NAAATT.

TEAM

Men
100m: Richard Thompson – Keston Bledman – Aaron Armstrong
200m: Rondell Sorrillo
400m: Renny Quow – Zwede Hewitt
400m Hurdles: Jehue Gordon
4x100 Relay Pool: Richard Thompson – Keston Bledman – Aaaron Armstrong – Marc Burns – Emmanuel Callender – Rondell Sorrillo
4x400 Relay Pool: Renny Quow – Zwede Hewitt – Jarrin Solomon – Jovon Toppin – Deon Lendore – Jehue Gordon

Women
100m: Kelly-Ann Baptiste – Semoy Hackette – Michelle Lee Ahye
200m: Semoy Hackette – Kai Selvon
Shot Put: Cleopatra Borel Brown
Triple Jump: Ayanna Alexander
4x100 Relay Pool: Kelly-Ann Baptiste – Semoy Hackette – Kai Selvon – Michelle Lee Ahye – Reyare Thomas – Ayanna Hutchinson

Officials
Team Manager: Dexter Voisin
Coaches: Dr. Ian Hypolite – Edwin Skinner – Gunness Persad
Team Doctor: Dr. Anil Goopeesingh
Massage Therapist: David Cumberbatch – Zephirinus Nicholas

The urgent question now is, if you were in charge, what adjustments would you make to the team to improve T&T's medalling chances in Daegu, Korea?

ADJUSTMENTS YOU WOULD MAKE TO INCREASE OUR MEDAL CHANCES

So again, if you were the NAAATT, how would you adjust the team selected to increase our medal chances?
Adjust meaning either taking along another athlete in place of or in addition to the ones selected for a particular event or having one of the athletes selected also tackle another event that they would also have a good medal chance in.

IF I Was In Charge:
To increase our medal chances I would have KAB run the 200m in addition to the 100m as she may have a decent chance of winning a Bronze medal or even better in that event especially if she wins silver or gold in the 100m!

I would also have Lalonde Gordon on the 4x400m relay team in place of Jovon Toppin as he has better times this year and was on the squad when our 4 x 400m relay team ran the 3rd fastest time in the world earlier this year to set the 'A' standard to qualify for the Worlds!

Finally I would add Darrel Brown to the 4 x 100m relay squad because he has fairly earned his spot, nothing to do with charity! Also note that apart from his leg speed Brown brings a wealth of 4 x 100m relay experience to our squad that can only add to improving our team's chemistry & medalling chances!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 10:13:51 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Improving T&T's Medal Chances in Daegu, Korea!!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 07:37:42 PM »
Pro, yuh really give up on football boy, cyar say ah blame yuh, only T&F carryin de RWB fuh de hour  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

1]; } ?>