April 19, 2024, 02:14:28 AM

Author Topic: Pfister names 20-man squad to face India on Sunday  (Read 8823 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Pfister names 20-man squad to face India on Sunday
« on: August 16, 2011, 03:03:39 PM »
Pfister names 20-man squad to face India on Sunday.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Ex-English-based striker Stern John has been included in a 20-man squad selected by head coach Otto Pfister for Sunday’s friendly international against India.

John last played for the “Soca Warriors” in a World Cup qualifier against the United States in April 2009. He subsequently had a knee injury that kept him on the sidelines for several months.

But following surgery, John has returned to the fold and has been part of Pfister’s sessions this year and has done sufficiently well to warrant a selection by the German.

Another one of John’s 2006 World Cup teammates, midfielder Densill Theobald of Caledonia AIA is also in the squad along with Anthony Wolfe and ex-Holland based forward Darryl Roberts.

Some of the other members who have been in the squad in prior international action include W Connection duo Hughtun Hector and Kern Cupid, goalkeeper Marvin Phillip, defender Keston Williams and midfielder Hayden Tinto. Striker Andre Toussaint and former Under 20 forward Juma Clarence have also been included.

The newcomer in the squad is T&TEC goalkeeper Akini Adams who is the brother of defender Akeem Adams has also been selected for the upcoming friendly.

“The players for this game will be fully local-based. These players have been training with a lot of commitment and desire to do well for their country in all my training sessions since I arrived in this country and they will get the opportunity,” Pfister told TTFF Media.

“Of course we are preparing for the World Cup qualification which begins next month but it is important to see how the players perform. We want to have the best squad.

I have already seen the overseas player and I know what they are capable of doing but again, no player’s position is guaranteed in my team,” Pfister said.

John, now attached to DirecTV North East Stars, is looking forward to his return in national colours.

“It’s a good feeling to be back in the national team. I’ve really been pushing myself to regain full fitness since the surgery and I’m grateful for the opportunity seeing that the coach has seen enough to have me in the squad.

We have a long World Cup campaign ahead of us and if I can make a positive contribution in some way then I’m definitely anticipating that chance.

We have a squad of dedicated and committed players both at home and abroad and hopefully we can get it right for the qualifiers coming up. That starts with a good showing against India on Sunday.

The football in our country needs a boost at this time and we are aiming to play our part on the pitch,” added the ex-Sunderland forward.

The Indian team with top striker Sunil Chhetri, arrives in Port of Spain on Wednesday night and are scheduled to face Barbados earlier in the day in Kensington.

It was also confirmed on Tuesday that India will face Pakistan in a friendly international in Glasgow on September 9 at the Ibrox Stadium as part of the UK Wide series.

The All India Football Federation (AIFF) general secretary, Kushal  Das spoke of the significance to play more international friendlies with higher ranked teams like T&T.

"We want to make the [Indian national] team play a few higher ranked teams and we have this chance to play in the Caribbean.

So I thought this would be a very good opportunity for the team to get some exposure and to prepare for the upcoming Challenge Cup which is a gateway to the Asian Cup," said Das.

He further added "In England, we're taking the India U-23 team to play a friendly with Pakistan, the U-23 England team and the U-21 Scotland team."

When asked about current India interim coach Armando Colaco's contract extension, Das said it depends on the AIFF Executive Committee, but conceded that the Dempo man in-charge could be handed a longer term with the senior national side.

"It is a very difficult question for me to answer. It is the decision of the Executive Committee, but all I can say is that we have been very pleased with the progress shown by him (Colaco) so far," he said.

Tickets ($200 covered, $100 uncovered) for Sunday’s friendly international can be purchased at Kenny’s Sports Centre nationwide and at All Sport Promotions, 9 Circular Road, St James (9am-5pm daily). Tickets will also be on sale on Sunday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

T&T 20-man squad

Goalkeepers
Marvin Phillip (Joe Public), Akini Adams (T&TEC).

Defenders
Noel Williams (Police FC), Keston Williams (Defence Force), Kern Cupid (W Connection), Carlyle Mitchell (Joe Public), Akeem Adams (T&TEC), Seon Power (North East Stars).

Midfielders
Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Micah Lewis (Caledonia AIA), Anthony Wolfe (North East Stars), Hayden Tinto (Joe Public), Andrei Pacheco (T&TEC), Akeil Guevera (North East Stars), Akim Armstrong (Caledonia AIA), Hughtun Hector (Caledonia AIA).

Forwards
Stern John (North East Stars), Andre Toussaint (Joe Public), Juma Clarence (Caledonia AIA), Darryl Roberts (Free Agent).

Video
T&T in training ahead of friendly international vs India.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 06:17:20 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Pfister names 20-man squad to face India on Sunday
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 03:21:08 PM »
Nice to see Juma Clarence in de mix!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 03:22:17 PM »
JC yuh boy DAZZA in de side  :devil: :beermug:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 03:26:46 PM »
Okay, if coach name squad for Sunday then game has to be this Sunday 21st August!

Yuh cyah tell meh that even the head coach will get the date of this game wrong, right?!  :-\

Looks like Flex will need to correct date on T&T vs India Game Day thread!!  :D
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 03:27:45 PM »
It's about time. this german could teach latas and pancho ah thing or two about recognizing talent.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 03:38:40 PM »
It's about time. this german could teach latas and pancho ah thing or two about recognizing talent.

He still pick some practice champs though
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 03:45:23 PM »

He still pick some practice champs though
I agree, but it look like he had no choice since half of the other local options are either in the MLS, USL or in europe now. BTW, where is jovin jones and winchester?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 03:59:55 PM »
No Guerra either?
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 05:53:06 PM »
I glad for Noel Williams of Police.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 05:54:07 PM »
No Guerra either?

was just about to ask that question >:(

i hope corneal is not the reason guerra is being sidelined again >:(

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 06:01:57 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qocTNJXQm6E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/qocTNJXQm6E</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 06:04:10 PM »
ah see T&TEC have 3 players in de squad and they are the newbees in the pro league.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 06:09:56 PM »
nice to see akini get call up, he is very focused on being our #1 keeper.  i don't think he is as talented as phillip or williams but he has a great work ethic and ambition.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 06:34:15 PM »
What is surprising is that Pfister came in public and said he will not pick any players without a club and now Darryl Roberts on the team, nice to see Roberts on the team, just making a point, maybe Cornell Glen should have been there to.

Next thing he said he wanted to play against a top country, I guess the 153 ranked India is better than Grenada, maybe Indian paid a lot of $$ for this game.

This might be the first time Super Leauge players on the side, Joe Public is now a Super League team.

Didn't the TTFF said Kenwyne Jones and Chris Birchall coming for this game ?

Sad to see Ataullah Guerra didn't make the cut, its a friendly game and you are allowed to make 7 subs ? now would have been the best time to see players, I just hope Anton Corneal didn't have a hand in this.

As Sam said once, by the time the TTFF done with Pfister, he will be settling for dregs.

_______________Marvin Phillip__________________
Kern Cupid__Carlyle Mitchell__Keston Williams__Noel Williams
Micah Lewis__Densill Theobald__Andrei Pacheco
______________Hughtun Hector________________
_________Stern John______Andre Toussaint
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 06:42:46 PM by Sando »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 06:46:45 PM »
What is surprising is that Pfister came in public and said he will not pick any players without a club and now Darryl Roberts on the team, nice to see Roberts on the team, just making a point, maybe Cornell Glen should have been there to.

Next thing he said he wanted to play against a top country, I guess the 153 ranked India is better than Grenada, maybe Indian paid a lot of $$ for this game.

This might be the first time Super Leauge players on the side, Joe Public is now a Super League team.

Didn't the TTFF said Kenwyne Jones and Chris Birchall coming for this game ?

Sad to see Ataullah Guerra didn't make the cut, its a friendly game and you are allowed to make 7 subs ? now would have been the best time to see players, I just hope Anton Corneal didn't have a hand in this.

As Sam said once, by the time the TTFF done with Pfister, he will be settling for dregs.

_______________Marvin Phillip__________________
Kern Cupid__Carlyle Mitchell__Keston Williams__Noel Williams
Micah Lewis__Densill Theobald__Andrei Pacheco
______________Hughtun Hector________________
_________Stern John______Andre Toussaint

i also hope corneal is not the cause of this >:(

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 07:24:59 PM »

he just got released from his club in turkey and looking is  for a new club ... if he does not find  a club in the next few months and gets called up then you can bring up that issue ... cornell glen .... hey this is the changing of the guard .... as far as i see stern should not be there ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 07:52:16 PM »
I too wonder about guerra. glad to see Juma there and roberts. That is half meh christmas wish list already. I really like both players. boy how i cant wait for a full showing to have the likes of Hyland, birchall, carlos, thomas and others back in the fold. Wont get ahead of myself though. Lets all enjoy the showing!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 07:54:23 PM »

Ditto.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 08:16:41 PM »
Pfister did say there was one player giving him trouble.We could only speculate

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 08:20:47 PM »
Is this a team of the future?

Come....leh we go.......... to Riiiiiiiiiioooooooooooooooo
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 08:31:58 PM »
Was that a passing drill they were doing?  Just asking.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 09:08:15 PM »
No joke I hope this is not the team we going to play in the world cup qualifiers wid.. Dem lads good for about 4 from india.. anytime I hearhome base I does steups loud.. dem facking wutless!!!!!!!!!!! .. Only good one there is my boy stern .. at least I have the hope stern go score couple for we.. di rest well I dun sey..wutless...
war
Good Luck warriors....
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2011, 11:08:30 PM »

Ditto.

don't know much about him, have heard of him but never seen him, can you give us a rundown :beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2011, 11:10:03 PM »
Pfister did say there was one player giving him trouble.We could only speculate

i hope its not guerra, too much talent to go to waste like that

im fed up seeing our creative mids careers being destroyed, we are in bad need of a creative mid and guerra is the most creative in and out of trini

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2011, 11:14:32 PM »
hold on...the posters here that saying Corneal and guerra ...whats that about ???..did i miss something over the last few years ??...please explain before i start letting go some mudder c#nt

because i know what anton did to take Tulla to the U 20 qualifiers years ago...so please explain

also...Pfister did say he had a problem with one player...and i am only guessing

and if yuh hear terry fenwick stories on Tulla...allyuh have no idea...and Terry love him ( to death)

none of allyuh here like tulla more that me ....serious...so let me hear
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2011, 12:13:48 AM »
hold on...the posters here that saying Corneal and guerra ...whats that about ???..did i miss something over the last few years ??...please explain before i start letting go some mudder c#nt

because i know what anton did to take Tulla to the U 20 qualifiers years ago...so please explain

also...Pfister did say he had a problem with one player...and i am only guessing

and if yuh hear terry fenwick stories on Tulla...allyuh have no idea...and Terry love him ( to death)

none of allyuh here like tulla more that me ....serious...so let me hear

well being around Jabloteh squad when at home I too have heard some tulla stories and in terms of de best creative mid in and out of tnt well i have seen Oliver get red card and tulla get placed into the center of the park by Terry and Tulla could not execute. Not saying the lad is all smoke and no fire. definitely a talent but there are some serious psychological problems there. maybe like Keon daniel he needs to travel and have a white foreigner balling in his ears. But wait..... ;) ;)
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2011, 02:36:29 AM »
What about Keeron Benito, who won the opportunity to meet Thiery Henry, he has to be skillful in order to win that competition. Or maybe what you are really saying is the rest of them wasn't shit.

What about Kevon Neaves. one of the main reasons T&TEC is in the pro league.

Where is Jason Devonish, and what about Hector Sam who was a class act for Jabloteh last year.
Not to mention young players like Jean Luc Rochford, Trent Lougheed, Jevaughn Vance, Marcus Joseph, Trevin Ceaser, Ryan Stewart, Sherron Joseph, just to name a few, and last but not least Trent Noel. I know he is not that young anymore but for me he is the classiest defensive mids in TnT. I am sure there are other players who are probably just as talented or more talented than these numb skulls, picked for this friendly, who are toiling in the minor leagues all across the country and in Tobago that would love to have that chance to showcase their talents, but once again history seems to be repeating itself. These are all local talents that are being overlooked.

Come on, Akeil Guevera, Andre Pacheco, Stern John hasn't played a competitive game in like what 20 years, Densil Theobald, Anthony Wolfe, come on he is a good P.R. man, what, is he gonna play right back with the number 10 on his jersey again? That is an insult to all number 10s around the world. That's five spots that could have been filled by other players who are younger and more talented, and more eager to prove themselves to the coach and the stinking TTFF.

I do hope that this coach doesn't repeat history but sadly it is beginning to look that way. Oh well, wtf.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 02:44:56 AM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2011, 02:46:29 AM »
The Pro League starting jus nw hopefully he will go some games and spot some younger better talent

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2011, 05:04:24 AM »
No joke I hope this is not the team we going to play in the world cup qualifiers wid.. Dem lads good for about 4 from india.. anytime I hearhome base I does steups loud.. dem facking wutless!!!!!!!!!!! .. Only good one there is my boy stern .. at least I have the hope stern go score couple for we.. di rest well I dun sey..wutless...
war
Good Luck warriors....
Sah, doh feel like ah pickin on yuh eh, but sometimes yuh does real talk outa timin yuh know. what do you know bout dem local boys if yuh livin all the way in the US ? FYI micah lewis is no sh!t hound and if yuh was truly into football yuh woulda know that bc of the great showing he had in the CCL, so is houton hector, andre toussant and darryl roberts.

i not against stern, but if yuh think he's the best striker we have then yuh must be on something.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 05:14:04 AM by just cool »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2011, 05:13:02 AM »
king deese yuh need tuh have ah little patience. the coach eh even get tuh watch ah pro league game as yet so have some patience, ah beg yuh do.

this is only his first game in charge and maybe this is the crop of players he wants tuh see for now, so allyuh please hold allyuh horses. just look how long darrly roberts had tuh wait tuh get ah run out.  patience deese patience.

1]; } ?>