April 18, 2024, 07:34:56 PM

Author Topic: Pfister names 20-man squad to face India on Sunday  (Read 8822 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Pfister names 20-man squad to face India on Sunday
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2011, 05:19:32 AM »
What about Keeron Benito, who won the opportunity to meet Thiery Henry, he has to be skillful in order to win that competition. Or maybe what you are really saying is the rest of them wasn't shit.

What about Kevon Neaves. one of the main reasons T&TEC is in the pro league.

Where is Jason Devonish, and what about Hector Sam who was a class act for Jabloteh last year.
Not to mention young players like Jean Luc Rochford, Trent Lougheed, Jevaughn Vance, Marcus Joseph, Trevin Ceaser, Ryan Stewart, Sherron Joseph, just to name a few, and last but not least Trent Noel. I know he is not that young anymore but for me he is the classiest defensive mids in TnT. I am sure there are other players who are probably just as talented or more talented than these numb skulls, picked for this friendly, who are toiling in the minor leagues all across the country and in Tobago that would love to have that chance to showcase their talents, but once again history seems to be repeating itself. These are all local talents that are being overlooked.

Come on, Akeil Guevera, Andre Pacheco, Stern John hasn't played a competitive game in like what 20 years, Densil Theobald, Anthony Wolfe, come on he is a good P.R. man, what, is he gonna play right back with the number 10 on his jersey again? That is an insult to all number 10s around the world. That's five spots that could have been filled by other players who are younger and more talented, and more eager to prove themselves to the coach and the stinking TTFF.

I do hope that this coach doesn't repeat history but sadly it is beginning to look that way. Oh well, wtf.
        I know it's only a matter of time before Pfister start to get licks on this forum,but which Coach didn't?guys the problem is the Coach can't pick everybody,he pick young guys we want experience,he pick locals we want foreigners and on and on the stories go,let the man do his thing and hope for the best like Benie did.

The other thing i want to ask about is when we say class players and talent what is it we does be talking about,if these guys have so much class what are they doing at home?why do we have so much problems to put together a national team?  

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2011, 05:53:52 AM »
What about Keeron Benito, who won the opportunity to meet Thiery Henry, he has to be skillful in order to win that competition. Or maybe what you are really saying is the rest of them wasn't shit.

Where is Jason Devonish, and what about Hector Sam who was a class act for Jabloteh last year.
Not to mention young players like Jean Luc Rochford, Trent Lougheed, Jevaughn Vance, Marcus Joseph, Trevin Ceaser, Ryan Stewart, Sherron Joseph, just to name a few, and last but not least Trent Noel. I know he is not that young anymore but for me he is the classiest defensive mids in TnT. I am sure there are other players who are probably just as talented or more talented than these numb skulls, picked for this friendly, who are toiling in the minor leagues all across the country and in Tobago that would love to have that chance to showcase their talents, but once again history seems to be repeating itself. These are all local talents that are being overlooked.

Come on, Akeil Guevera, Andre Pacheco, Stern John hasn't played a competitive game in like what 20 years, Densil Theobald, Anthony Wolfe, come on he is a good P.R. man, what, is he gonna play right back with the number 10 on his jersey again? That is an insult to all number 10s around the world. That's five spots that could have been filled by other players who are younger and more talented, and more eager to prove themselves to the coach and the stinking TTFF.

I do hope that this coach doesn't repeat history but sadly it is beginning to look that way. Oh well, wtf.

Luc Rochford - Ah like him but give him time.

Trent Lougheed - Not ready, cant even make Joe Public side.

Jevaughn Vance - Disseapear and lost, not playing at a high level.

Marcus Joseph - Not ready.

Trevin Ceaser - Decent, give him time

Ryan Stewart - Decent, maybe.

Sherron Joseph - Need discipline.

Hector Sam - Is shit.

Jason Devonish - Injured.

Keeron Benito - Maybe.

Kevon Neaves - Maybe, give in time in the Pro League, we go see.

No players you name there better than Akeil Guevera, Andrei Pacheco, Stern John, Densil Theobald and Anthony Wolfe.

Wake up....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2011, 06:06:01 AM »
I eh know who missing but what I know is we can't go to qualification with that piece ah team.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2011, 06:21:37 AM »
Everytime a team gets picked, the same posters come out asking for certain players.

I really cannot understand it!!

Otto came to Trinidad and has been having training sessions for more than a month.  He looked at players in training and picked a squad of 20 based on what he has seen in training.

HE CYANT PICK EVERY FACKING BODY!!

If a player is talented, shows the discipline in training and is good enough for the plans that the coach may have, then he will be picked.  

Do any of you attend the training sessions to see who doing what in training?  Do you place a mirophone on the field and listen to hear what the coach is saying and then decide who is executing what Otto is saying the best?

Come nah man fellas, why do we feel that Corneal has the kind of impact whereby even if a player is good in training, he can still tell Otto not to pick him?

A man talking about a player who meet Thierry Henry?  He have skillz to win a ball juggling competition so he should be on the national team???? Allyuh serious?????

Minor leagues?????? We have a competition called the TTFA cup whereby the minor league teams play against the bigger pro league sides and most times, it gets very ugly.  Some players tend to shine in football games without structure or discipline, but the moment you put them in the proper environment, they pop down!!

So fellas (and ladies), leh we arrange ah www.socawarriors.net lime in ah National team training session so we could really have a look and see what is going on instead of talking bout men who could do plenty keep ups or who "could real spanner men"

The facking coach eh play ah game yet, but men done complaining who should be on de team!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2011, 07:08:12 AM »

I know it's only a matter of time before Pfister start to get licks on this forum,but which Coach didn't?guys the problem is the Coach can't pick everybody,he pick young guys we want experience,he pick locals we want foreigners and on and on the stories go,let the man do his thing and hope for the best like Benie did.

The other thing i want to ask about is when we say class players and talent what is it we does be talking about,if these guys have so much class what are they doing at home?why do we have so much problems to put together a national team?  

Coops respect I always appreciate your insight but I don't know for years I following the warriors and it seems like there's always someone other than the coach picking the players,most of these guys with the exception of one or two are all usual suspects that have tried and failed could'nt cut it.

I don't want to ramble on and on but I feel like I stuck in a forum time warp it's very frustrating!!!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2011, 07:10:15 AM »
Everytime a team gets picked, the same posters come out asking for certain players.

Otto came to Trinidad and has been having training sessions for more than a month.  He looked at players in training and picked a squad of 20 based on what he has seen in training.

If a player is talented, shows the discipline in training and is good enough for the plans that the coach may have, then he will be picked.  

Do any of you attend the training sessions to see who doing what in training?  Do you place a mirophone on the field and listen to hear what the coach is saying and then decide who is executing what Otto is saying the best?

Come nah man fellas, why do we feel that Corneal has the kind of impact whereby even if a player is good in training, he can still tell Otto not to pick him?

A man talking about a player who meet Thierry Henry?  He have skillz to win a ball juggling competition so he should be on the national team???? Allyuh serious?????

Minor leagues?????? We have a competition called the TTFA cup whereby the minor league teams play against the bigger pro league sides and most times, it gets very ugly.  Some players tend to shine in football games without structure or discipline, but the moment you put them in the proper environment, they pop down!!

So fellas (and ladies), leh we arrange ah www.socawarriors.net lime in ah National team training session so we could really have a look and see what is going on instead of talking bout men who could do plenty keep ups or who "could real spanner men"

The facking coach eh play ah game yet, but men done complaining who should be on de team!!

ah love it!!

:rotfl:  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2011, 07:19:46 AM »

ah love it!!

no copyright infringement intended, but ah love this post!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2011, 07:31:29 AM »
I am going to the game with low expectations and I hope the team can surprise me.

All I want to see is some sort of structure and planning.

Some off the ball runs, possession of the ball, our ability to collapse and win back the ball when lost, some kinda effort at set plays and some kinda meaningful attack and not a hit and hope.

All coaches have a style and brand and I want to see what Otto coming with.

The scoreline is secondary to me in this game.

He ent have much to do....to come better than Latapy....I eagerly await Sundays match.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 07:34:19 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2011, 07:34:59 AM »

He ent have much to do....to come better than Latapy....I eagerly await Sundays game.

I eagarly await the report

ah hope yuh memory match fit..is long long time yuh eh do one
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2011, 08:26:26 AM »

ah love it!!

good stuff Andre
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2011, 08:30:40 AM »

He ent have much to do....to come better than Latapy....I eagerly await Sundays game.

I eagarly await the report

ah hope yuh memory match fit..is long long time yuh eh do one

:rotfl: :rotfl: Touches yuh better start to do some bunnyhops and some burpies because we go need it live and direct and with plenty touches!
Thanks in Advance!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2011, 11:01:01 AM »

Coops respect I always appreciate your insight but I don't know for years I following the warriors and it seems like there's always someone other than the coach picking the players,most of these guys with the exception of one or two are all usual suspects that have tried and failed could'nt cut it.

I don't want to ramble on and on but I feel like I stuck in a forum time warp it's very frustrating!!!

Saga the tough thing for me is that i have never seen a lot of these guys play and that's why i don't make unnecessary comments,i depend on reports i read or i have to trust The Coach/Coaches in charge to do the best job.When i read some of these post all you are seeing is guys want players they know or their padnah/friends on the team.
     Check this if you get 30/40 players and you give five different Coaches the job to select their best team,i can assure you will get five different teams,i hear you Breds it can be very frustrating.
     Andre good post Breds  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2011, 11:18:34 AM »

ah love it!!

classic mr.3000 :D :beermug:

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2011, 11:24:29 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_9Tf279gEA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BEMYf9uktY&feature=related

Having the ability to juggle a ball well enough to win a ball juggling contest speaks volumes for you. You know you have the confidence and skills to beat a player when it is necessary.
It is much better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it especially when you are an attacking player be it a forward or an attacking mids. Of course it is not the only ability you should have.

Barca practices a crazy looking ball control/juggling skill. Hmmm, I wonder why? Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Christiano Ronaldo, Messi, etc. These are players with crazy juggling skills. I am not saying Benito is in their category but he is the best in Trinidad and Tobago. Don't hate, congratulate.

Should he be on the national team? Maybe maybe not. But why pick the usually suspects everytime out. Should Benito be given an invite to at least one training session. I think so. He has been in the national team setup before.

Do I like the player? Yes. I also liked Hector as an attacking mid when I first saw him play. I thought his touches were deft enough to warrant an invite to one training session with the national team. Latas saw the touches and knew he had to invite him to a training session. You know the rest.

A man says be patient. So it is. I will be patient.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2011, 11:34:44 AM »

ah love it!!

dis post win  :beermug:
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2011, 11:36:01 AM »
No joke I hope this is not the team we going to play in the world cup qualifiers wid.. Dem lads good for about 4 from india.. anytime I hearhome base I does steups loud.. dem facking wutless!!!!!!!!!!! .. Only good one there is my boy stern .. at least I have the hope stern go score couple for we.. di rest well I dun sey..wutless...
war
Good Luck warriors....
Sah, doh feel like ah pickin on yuh eh, but sometimes yuh does real talk outa timin yuh know. what do you know bout dem local boys if yuh livin all the way in the US ? FYI micah lewis is no sh!t hound and if yuh was truly into football yuh woulda know that bc of the great showing he had in the CCL, so is houton hector, andre toussant and darryl roberts.

i not against stern, but if yuh think he's the best striker we have then yuh must be on something.

Jes cool Picking one me? Nah bwoy I duh study dem thing.. dem local pieces of shit we have cya facking beat grenada Yu think I guh have hope on dem.. I could be living in Kabul I still cya see dem worth wearing the red black and white.. dais my 3 cents on dat...

war mek mi proud stern..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2011, 11:45:03 AM »
i say make yuh statements on d team after sunday. it too early to say how this team will perform. lewwe see d structure otto working wid first
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2011, 04:12:01 PM »
No joke I hope this is not the team we going to play in the world cup qualifiers wid.. Dem lads good for about 4 from india.. anytime I hearhome base I does steups loud.. dem facking wutless!!!!!!!!!!! .. Only good one there is my boy stern .. at least I have the hope stern go score couple for we.. di rest well I dun sey..wutless...
war
Good Luck warriors....
Sah, doh feel like ah pickin on yuh eh, but sometimes yuh does real talk outa timin yuh know. what do you know bout dem local boys if yuh livin all the way in the US ? FYI micah lewis is no sh!t hound and if yuh was truly into football yuh woulda know that bc of the great showing he had in the CCL, so is houton hector, andre toussant and darryl roberts.

i not against stern, but if yuh think he's the best striker we have then yuh must be on something.

Jes cool Picking one me? Nah bwoy I duh study dem thing.. dem local pieces of shit we have cya facking beat grenada Yu think I guh have hope on dem.. I could be living in Kabul I still cya see dem worth wearing the red black and white.. dais my 3 cents on dat...

war mek mi proud stern..

Food for thought, did you know that with an almost 90% local team in the last game of the hex vs mexico we almost buss dey arse? and even though we drew, we had better of the possession and more scoring opportunities, BTW i believe a lot of those said players were on them mexican team that won the gold cup.

my point iz, it's not about the players but rather the coach. if the coach is playing ah weak system then the whole team would look like sh!t, lets face it, ah coach makes the world of difference, and in 5 yrs T&T did not have good coaches and rarely played a game with their best players.

BTW, if you cyar get excited over houton hector, mich lewis and darrly roberts , then something wrong with your football eye, bc them boys is so much fun to watch, especially houton hector.   ;)
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2011, 06:34:06 PM »
Especially happy to see Toussaint (the man with de best touches in T&T), Daryl Roberts (The hungry striker) , Defender Carlisle Mitchell (air power), Hector (on de left wing), Theobald (Mr Organizer and defense splitting passer) and believe it or not Seon Power (Aggressive right wing back). I watched Power good last season and I was impressed as before by the athleticism and speed, power and his passing range. Used to be a wild man but he is more refined now. I know it's fashionable to call him all kinda names but watch him good. He is fearless. Happy to see acrobatic Marvin Phillpi in de mix. Just like Beenie, Otto knows what he's doing.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 06:37:14 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2011, 06:46:40 PM »
theobald is ah defense splitting passer..... :rotfl: :rotfl: theobald does pay either sideways or backwards.

seriously although give pfister ah chance, no coach could ever pick a team that pleases all fans.  i have doubts about power and a few others but u never know, a player may be more effective under one coach versus another.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2011, 06:48:54 PM »
theobald is ah defense splitting passer..... :rotfl: :rotfl: theobald does pay either sideways or backwards.

seriously although give pfister ah chance, no coach could ever pick a team that pleases all fans.  i have doubts about power and a few others but u never know, a player may be more effective under one coach versus another.

He go make yuh eat yuh words. Go ahead an' geh kicks on de man head. I backin' me boy.  ;D
Allyuh too dyam disrespectful to yuh own.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2011, 09:02:42 PM »

He go make yuh eat yuh words. Go ahead an' geh kicks on de man head. I backin' me boy.  ;D

alright bossman...i eh have problem eating my words, i eating that crow sideways or backwards... ;D

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2011, 06:26:00 AM »
Look it is early season Let us see what Otto is bringing to the table and who from this team will make the grade. Patience is a virtue. Congratulations Mr Samuel this has to be your finest hour. My hope is that he will work with the defence which has always been our chink in the armour. I pray and hope we dont continue the long ball tradition.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2011, 07:12:48 AM »

alright bossman...i eh have problem eating my words, i eating that crow sideways or backwards... ;D

I dont have much faith in him either but as I said in another thread he will do well with an attack minded mid who also willin an' able to fall back and support him.....if dey puttin him out there with a nex passive pussyfooter we trouble
I pity the fool....

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2011, 08:59:48 AM »
war
Good Luck warriors....

war mek mi proud stern..

Food for thought, did you know that with an almost 90% local team in the last game of the hex vs mexico we almost buss dey arse? and even though we drew, we had better of the possession and more scoring opportunities, BTW i believe a lot of those said players were on them mexican team that won the gold cup.

Although they were by no means Mexico's scrubs 8 of those players who played in that match did not play in the Gold Cup. In any case El Tri is notable for mailing it in when they're already qualified

(GK) Guillermo OCHOA 1 Jonny MAGALLON 2  8 Carlos VELA 11 (-54') Miguel SABAH Francisco PALENCIA 17 18 Ricardo OSORIO Enrique ESQUEDA Cuauhtemoc BLANCO
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2011, 10:21:24 AM »
I am going to the game with low expectations and I hope the team can surprise me.

All I want to see is some sort of structure and planning.

Some off the ball runs, possession of the ball, our ability to collapse and win back the ball when lost, some kinda effort at set plays and some kinda meaningful attack and not a hit and hope.

The scoreline is secondary to me in this game.

He ent have much to do....to come better than Latapy....I eagerly await Sundays match.
Looking fwd to de Match report boy Touches....
well yes

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2011, 11:30:53 AM »
since is india t&t playing and it have so much "indian" in trinidad, ttff coulda at least put a token dougla or indian in the side to make it look a lil diverse.

bring back dwarika?

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2011, 12:15:55 PM »
king deese yuh need tuh have ah little patience. the coach eh even get tuh watch ah pro league game as yet so have some patience, ah beg yuh do.

this is only his first game in charge and maybe this is the crop of players he wants tuh see for now, so allyuh please hold allyuh horses. just look how long darrly roberts had tuh wait tuh get ah run out.  patience deese patience.
:beermug:
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2011, 12:21:02 PM »

theobald backpasses does split we own defense with clinical precision ...

I agree we should give Pfister a chance to prove heself.... but come nah man ... if yuh pickin Stern yuh hadda pick Jose Luiz Seabra too!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2011, 12:23:39 PM »
since is india t&t playing and it have so much "indian" in trinidad, ttff coulda at least put a token dougla or indian in the side to make it look a lil diverse.

bring back dwarika?

I hear what you are trying to say Dre. but don't say anymore please.  Just be thankful that half of the fellas on that team well mix up already.  ;D
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

1]; } ?>