March 28, 2024, 07:24:44 AM

Author Topic: Kamla has dengue  (Read 3346 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kamla has dengue
« on: August 17, 2011, 02:19:42 AM »
Allyuh think is real, or just a PR stunt?

-------------------------------------------------
Trinidad Express Newspaper National News of Trinidad and Tobago

Print this article
DENGUE STRIKES KAMLA

Originally printed at http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/DENGUE_STRIKES_KAMLA-127916578.html
By Abby Brathwaite
August 16, 2011

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar has contracted the dreaded dengue disease.

A statement issued by the Office of the Prime Minister yesterday said Persad-Bissessar was diagnosed with dengue fever (classic type, which is the less severe strain).

"While I was consulting with the Minister of Health on how to enhance and intensify the education drive Government has embarked on to sensitise the population on the dengue fever, I became a victim of it myself," Persad-Bissessar said.

"This indicates that no one is immune from the dangerous disease, and it reinforces that the entire population must be extremely vigilant and take the necessary precautions to prevent contracting dengue, especially with children.

"Let me also emphasise the need to immediately seek professional medical attention if you have any symptoms of dengue (which include fever, body pains and headaches) since treating the disease as an ordinary flu can cause more medical problems," she added.

The Prime Minister has been advised that she can work from her home office while she continues to receive medical supervision.

She said, " I will continue to run the affairs of State unless otherwise advised by my doctors that it is not practical to do so. I wish to advise the population that despite my illness, I am following all medical instructions so as to ensure that I will soon be back on my feet and fully functioning."

Meanwhile, Health Minister Fuad Khan is suggesting that Persad-Bissessar may have contracted dengue on Friday during her walkabout in Port of Spain.

"She was walking in Port of Spain on Friday. Now anything could have bitten her in Port of Spain. I know that it takes a couple days to show itself. We are going to scan the areas wherever it is she may have been, but most likely it might have been the walk in Port of Spain," Khan told the Express in a telephone interview.

He confirmed the area surrounding the Prime Minister's residence at the Diplomatic Centre in St Ann's and her Phillipine home in South Trinidad will be inspected by personnel from the Insect Vector Control Division of the Ministry of Health.

The area will also be sprayed if that is deemed necessary, he added.

The Prime Minister's illness comes weeks after Khan warned of a sudden increase in the number of people reporting to health institutions with dengue.

Official data from the Ministry of Health shows there were 204 cases of suspected dengue fever cases at health institutions in July, up from 155 cases in June. In August, there is every likelihood the numbers will continue to rise, Khan said.

He added, "More people are coming for tests; more people are having fever, and more people are coming to the institutions; so most likely the incidences will be higher, but I can't say what the exact numbers for August are so far.

"I doubt there has been a decline. It might be equal to June or July, or it might tip over a little because more people are coming in for tests, so there may be a little more push over the numbers."

The Ministry of Health, Communications, Local Government and Education have embarked on a multimedia education and sensitisation programme to combat the dengue outbreak on several fronts.

Minister of Local Government Chandresh Sharma is pleading with citizens to cooperate with the Government as it continues its campaign against dengue.

Sharma said, "You need the cooperation of people because if you live in Street A and the mosquito is travelling 400 metres, it means that even if your house is clean and your neighbour's house is clean, what happens if one house on the street is not clean?"
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Kamla has dengue
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 06:13:32 AM »
@sammy ....ah know yuh being a bit sarcastic, so lewwe wish she ah speedy recovery ......get well soon madam PM
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 06:16:44 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 06:33:52 AM »
@sammy ....ah know yuh being a bit sarcastic, so lewwe wish she ah speedy recovery ......get well soon madam PM

yes i wish her a speedy recovery.

I giving her the benefit of the doubt, but on the other hand, u never know with politicians yes. Thats the brutal truth sometimes. How bout the time manning say how they trying to kill him?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 07:18:46 AM »

yes i wish her a speedy recovery.

I giving her the benefit of the doubt, but on the other hand, u never know with politicians yes. Thats the brutal truth sometimes. How bout the time manning say how they trying to kill him?

tru dat, tru dat death threats is one ting real or not, but feigning ill health for sympathy jus seems too low even for she and trini politicians in general............but den is trinias so................ :-\
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 07:43:04 AM »
but on another note dey doh have cockset in d prime ministers residence ???
I pity the fool....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 08:08:18 AM »

ENTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I eh buyin d dengue story. She just doin what I wish I could do wuk from home.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 08:11:12 AM »
Blame the PNM
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 08:12:19 AM »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 08:25:06 AM »
<a href="http://www.facebook.com/v/262634180429044" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.facebook.com/v/262634180429044</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 08:40:40 AM »
<a href="http://www.facebook.com/v/262634180429044" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.facebook.com/v/262634180429044</a>
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Too much ah biting insects!!  :D

In truth the real Ian Alleyne spoke about the PNM mosquitoes biting Kamla on CRIMEWatch last night!
Ah nearly fall off meh chair with laugh!!

Can anyone post that episode of CRIMEWatch from last night where Ian Alleyne made the joke about the PNM mosquitoes?!  8)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 08:49:56 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 09:05:43 AM »

ENTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I eh buyin d dengue story. She just doin what I wish I could do wuk from home.

it coulda bite she durin' one ah she outdoor forays, yuh never know :thinking: but still
I pity the fool....

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 10:01:13 AM »
I wish Prime Minister Persad-Bissessar a speedy recovery.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 10:45:02 AM »

DAT 2

Offline Die_Hard

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 01:22:40 PM »
SHE WAS AT HER DENTIST AT 2 PM YESTERDAy.....

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 02:50:58 PM »
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 03:47:02 PM »

DAT 2

putting all jokes aside. speedy recovery.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 04:02:59 PM »
Blame the PNM

Blame PUNCHEON

What are u implying that she is 2 drunk 2 go 2 work.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 04:41:25 PM »
lol it had breakin news on all social media.d mosquito that bit kamala was found dead..autopsy confirmed alcohol poisoning lol...trinidadians idle lol

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 06:56:54 PM »
Allyuh could joke, Dengue not easy nah. And it does affect you for months after you "recover"
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 07:31:04 PM »
Allyuh could joke, Dengue not easy nah. And it does affect you for months after you "recover"

I would imagine the cynicism is very easy to be triggered given events past and present that may have tainted peoples POV on the situation........it is especially intriguing to note the lack of sympathy for her in some quarters given the messianic wave of goodwill she rolled in on..........time is a bitch and trinis are developing long memories....unfortunately........for her
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 08:01:20 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2011, 08:59:15 AM »
Taken from an express blog

I  am also recovering from dengue. I drink lots of coffee for the dizziness, sometimes a hot bath helps as well. But I have ceased consuming so much dengue, since" I am advised" that sustained use would eventually adversely affect my liver. Anyway, I am reading my 12 Step Magazine and unlike the PM I go to my weekly AA meetings ( Always Available). People please try to avoid falling prey to that "brand" of Dengue.

(Not my best rhyme, but you will get the point)

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to ensure that every bottle of "spirits"
Is available from 10 until 2.

The second thing that I'd like to do
Is to fool my people to think that I was recovering instead of just playing the fool

The third thing that I'd like to do
Is to pretend I had dengue to gain the sympathy of all who are easily fooled to

The fourth thing that I'd like to do
Is to let Faud Khan know
That people not chupid so
And Grey Goose is the best medicine I know

The fifth thing that I'd like to do
Is to hope that all my lies
Will never by questioned by my spies
And I will continue to reign without working hard as some would have me do

The sixth thing that I'd like to do
Is to let T & T know
That this Prime Minister is on show
And that is not the treatment for dengue that we know

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2011, 09:19:50 AM »
Kamla's husband is a doctor?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 09:29:01 AM »
Kamla's husband is a doctor?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 01:09:55 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2011, 01:10:23 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2011, 02:25:48 PM »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>