March 28, 2024, 02:09:58 AM

Author Topic: Genk vs Haifa (Hyland Starting)  (Read 7533 times)

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Genk vs Haifa (Hyland Starting)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 12:43:45 PM »
Thanks boss!

Hyland is going to get to attack.  The formation shows him playing ahead of a defensive mid.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 12:48:37 PM by Peong »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 12:44:30 PM »
We boy in de starting XI!!!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 12:54:29 PM »
Goal MH steups!

Genk losing possession way too much in midfield right now!!

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 01:02:54 PM »
Hyland got lucky should have been a penal.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 01:03:48 PM »
Yeh Hyland need to cool it, free kick right on the line. The free kick comes off the bar.  Haifa outplayin them badly.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 01:15:03 PM »
Genk eh ready fuh Haifa

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 01:16:24 PM »
Genk good for 5. This team look disjointed and amateur. They need more men in the midfield.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 01:25:33 PM »
Genk good for 5. This team look disjointed and amateur. They need more men in the midfield.

De poor passing driving me mad watching dem!!  Dey shoulda done collect about 4 or 5.  It seems only Hyland showing decent composure and not making a majority of bad passes like his teammates

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 01:38:59 PM »
The right back getting overlapped every 5 mins. He remind me of Anthony Wolfe in the Nashville game a couple years ago.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 01:40:38 PM »
The right back getting overlapped every 5 mins. He remind me of Anthony Wolfe in the Nashville game a couple years ago.

Dat rell bad considering Wolfe eh no defender and was outta he depth.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 02:08:05 PM »
2-1 That's a valuable away goal for Genk.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 02:29:56 PM »
HUGE away goal for Genk
Hart for president

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 02:38:13 PM »
How Hyland played?

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 02:41:34 PM »
2 - 1 away from home isn't the worst scoreline. Macaiba Haifa aren't the best travellers. So lets hope Genk can put the tie away at their home.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 02:42:04 PM »
Much better 2nd half for Genk. I though Hyland played well, he tried to pass the ball and work hard in defence (which is saying alot considering how Genk played in the 1st).

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 02:44:42 PM »
How Hyland played?

I didn't see the game, just followed the text commentary but he covered the most distance for any Genk player. From his heat-trail most of his work was in his own half and he also got 2 shots on target. This is all from the stats though. Those who saw the game will be able to give a much better idea.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 03:05:16 PM »
Good taste for Hyland.  Let him develop.  Would really be good for his development if they were to win the return leg.  Away goal could prove to be priceless.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 03:18:16 PM »
How Hyland played?

Hyland played a lot of defense today and was good at covering gaps.  He seemed to be the most composed passer in the first half as almost every other player for Genk was making errant passes one after the next.  He seemed to run off the ball well when you were able to see him after a pass and was very active overall.

I think Genk main issue was that the players were too far from the ball especially in the first half.  Most of their passes were to targets 20yrds away or more and Haifa closed those gaps well causing them to steal the ball in midfield far too often.  Genk had a better second half but the score is still flattering considering Haifa should have had about 4 in the first half alone.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2011, 04:00:43 PM »
Hyland was doing a lot of support work, making sure he was near the ball but not pushing forward too much.  I think that's how he played for Waregem.
Like scorpion said he was making composed passes throughout.
He had a decent shot soon before he came off that the keeper parried to the big Genk striker who then had an attempt which the keeper saved.
He came off with around 15 mins left.
Genk really need to come better if they want to progress.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 09:18:04 PM »

From what I saw, it seems to me that Hyland wanted no part of the ball. It looked like he was out of position. If his role was playmaker then he was woeful. It seemed like he was hiding from the ball. When he did get the ball a couple times outside the box he was blanketed and could not collect cleanly, and it was as though he was not expecting the pass. The half hearted attempt at a tackle was basically from a player who was caught in two minds, should I or shouldn't I and it almost cost his team a penalty or a goal or both. For the most part, I was not impressed with his play. He, just like the entire Genk team except for the goal scorer, Barda, had no impact on the game. They acted like a team that did not get enough sleep. It seemed like they were jetlagged as well and their timing, and it showed in their passes, was a split second too late to the man in the open position. They also looked like a team that had never played together before and did not know what to expect or where the passes were coming from. It was just a poor all around performance by a team that's supposedly one of the top teams in the Belgian League.

Genk is lucky to have lost a 2 - 1 game to Haifa. They must elevate the level of their game from their defence that sleep walked through the entire game to the midfield that never looked in sync with each other and could not link up with their frontmen. At one point in the first half Haifa statiscally had a better passing game connecting with their passes 91 times to Genk's 35. The game in the second half did not improve that much for either team especially for Haifa, who it seemed had taken their feet off the pedal. They basically let Genk off the hook.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 06:44:07 AM »

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 07:57:08 AM »
Good experience for Hyland...better luck in the next match...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2011, 08:10:07 AM »

From what I saw, it seems to me that Hyland wanted no part of the ball. It looked like he was out of position. If his role was playmaker then he was woeful. It seemed like he was hiding from the ball. When he did get the ball a couple times outside the box he was blanketed and could not collect cleanly, and it was as though he was not expecting the pass. The half hearted attempt at a tackle was basically from a player who was caught in two minds, should I or shouldn't I and it almost cost his team a penalty or a goal or both. For the most part, I was not impressed with his play. He, just like the entire Genk team except for the goal scorer, Barda, had no impact on the game. They acted like a team that did not get enough sleep. It seemed like they were jetlagged as well and their timing, and it showed in their passes, was a split second too late to the man in the open position. They also looked like a team that had never played together before and did not know what to expect or where the passes were coming from. It was just a poor all around performance by a team that's supposedly one of the top teams in the Belgian League.

Genk is lucky to have lost a 2 - 1 game to Haifa. They must elevate the level of their game from their defence that sleep walked through the entire game to the midfield that never looked in sync with each other and could not link up with their frontmen. At one point in the first half Haifa statiscally had a better passing game connecting with their passes 91 times to Genk's 35. The game in the second half did not improve that much for either team especially for Haifa, who it seemed had taken their feet off the pedal. They basically let Genk off the hook.

So what if his role was defensive mid? Are you still going with your no furs, no fan, no goals, no good verdict?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2011, 08:15:07 AM »
Good experience for Hyland...better luck in the next match...

Ditto!

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2011, 08:17:24 AM »
Report on UEFA.com

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2012/matches/round=2000262/match=2007550/postmatch/report/?autoplay=true

Maccabi gain upper hand over Genk
Published: Wednesday 17 August 2011, 22.49CET
Maccabi Haifa FC 2-1 KRC Genk
Goals by Weaam Amasha and Vladimir Dvalishvili gave the Israeli champions  a first-half advantage which was halved by Maccabi old boy Elyaniv Barda.

Maccabi Haifa FC will be hopeful of reaching the UEFA Champions League group stage for a third time after completing a narrow home win against KRC Genk.

First-half goals by Weaam Amasha and Vladimir Dvalishvili fairly reflected the nature of a game dominated by the hosts, but a 61st-minute strike against the run of play by former Maccabi striker Elyaniv Barda has given the Belgian champions heart of turning the play-off tie around in the return on 23 August.

Maccabi established an early stranglehold, taking the lead after eight minutes when Amasha skilfully brought down Eyal Meshumar's searching pass, held off José Nadson and drove in his fourth goal of the qualifying campaign.

Elisha Levi's charges continued to surge forward, almost doubling their advantage on 17 minutes when Dvalishvili's free-kick deflected against the crossbar. Though the visitors briefly sparked into life, when Barda screwed a shot wide moments later, Genk were soon two behind. A sweeping team move culminated in Eyal Golasa picking out Dvalishvili to score from close range.

Amasha and Idan Vered both squandered further chances before Genk threatened with a rare shot − Dániel Tőzsér's deflected free-kick brilliantly saved by Nir Davidovitch four minutes before half-time. The second period appeared to suggest a packed Ramat-Gan Stadium would be treated to more goals for the hosts, as Amasha fired wide after Vered played him into the area and Seidu Yahaya forced a fine save from László Koteles.

Yet, out of the blue, Genk scored, Barda popping up on the rebound after Kennedy Nwanganga had bust through and been denied bravely by Davidovitch. Boosted by their precious away goal, Jelle Vossen then had a chance to square the tie, cutting inside from the right but sending his low shot wide of the near post.

The visitors then came even closer when Khaleem Hyland's shot through a crowded penalty area was saved by Davidovitch, who then had to scramble Nwanganga's header off the line with a sprawling dive.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2011, 08:20:01 AM »
So what if his role was defensive mid? Are you still going with your no furs, no fan, no goals, no good verdict?

I doh get dat either
I pity the fool....

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2011, 11:02:06 AM »
First Trini to play a CL match (including qualifiers) since Marvin Andrews, i believe...
Hart for president

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2011, 11:11:50 AM »

[/quote]

What! Defensively or offensively he still had very little impact on the game. I didn't stutter. Defensively, he almost cost his team what would have been a third goal(would have been 2 in the whole).

By the way, I've been a big fan of Khaleem since his days at Jabloteh. I thought he, Atullah, and Peltier would have been like the 3 amigos on some big team somewhere in Europe but it didn't work out for some reason or the other.
I know he prides himself on playing from box to box, but his offensive game was lacking and slightly on the woeful side in yesterday's game. I expected a lot more from him in terms of a better offensive performance because I know he is capable of it.

Defensive mids are not just defenders of the ball. They play offense as well. Players like Xabi Alonso of RM, Michael Essien of Chelsea, and YaYa Toure of Man City are some of your more modern day defensive mids, just to name a few, with vision and an offensive game. They will score on you if you fall asleep on them and Khaleem is no different in the sense that he has a wicked shot and he will score on you if you fall asleep on him.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 11:13:56 AM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

1]; } ?>