March 28, 2024, 04:51:06 PM

Author Topic: Genk vs Haifa (Hyland Starting)  (Read 7547 times)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: Genk vs Haifa (Hyland Starting)
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2011, 11:29:54 AM »
What! Defensively or offensively he still had very little impact on the game. I didn't stutter. Defensively, he almost cost his team what would have been a third goal(would have been 2 in the whole).

By the way, I've been a big fan of Khaleem since his days at Jabloteh. I thought he, Atullah, and Peltier would have been like the 3 amigos on some big team somewhere in Europe but it didn't work out for some reason or the other.
I know he prides himself on playing from box to box, but his offensive game was lacking and slightly on the woeful side in yesterday's game. I expected a lot more from him in terms of a better offensive performance because I know he is capable of it.

Defensive mids are not just defenders of the ball. They play offense as well. Players like Xabi Alonso of RM, Michael Essien of Chelsea, and YaYa Toure of Man City are some of your more modern day defensive mids, just to name a few, with vision and an offensive game. They will score on you if you fall asleep on them and Khaleem is no different in the sense that he has a wicked shot and he will score on you if you fall asleep on him.

How much impact can an attacking/ creative mid have when no one seems to be able to pass the ball accurately to their teamates on Genk? I doh think u was watching the same game I see, because Genk players rell tootz dong de field giving away the ball almost automatically everytime the got it after about the 7 minute mark in the first half.  Only person who probably had higher passing accuracy on Genk would be the LCB who was either passing it to the RCB or keeper almost all the time.  The overall placement of the players for Genk was for the most part poor as they were spread much too far from the ball which helped to compound their passing issiues.  I nuh sure wha you feel Hyland coulda do about that doh.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 11:31:30 AM by Flickin Killa a/k/a Mad Scorpion »

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2011, 12:21:46 PM »

What! Defensively or offensively he still had very little impact on the game. I didn't stutter. Defensively, he almost cost his team what would have been a third goal(would have been 2 in the whole).

By the way, I've been a big fan of Khaleem since his days at Jabloteh. I thought he, Atullah, and Peltier would have been like the 3 amigos on some big team somewhere in Europe but it didn't work out for some reason or the other.
I know he prides himself on playing from box to box, but his offensive game was lacking and slightly on the woeful side in yesterday's game. I expected a lot more from him in terms of a better offensive performance because I know he is capable of it.

Defensive mids are not just defenders of the ball. They play offense as well. Players like Xabi Alonso of RM, Michael Essien of Chelsea, and YaYa Toure of Man City are some of your more modern day defensive mids, just to name a few, with vision and an offensive game. They will score on you if you fall asleep on them and Khaleem is no different in the sense that he has a wicked shot and he will score on you if you fall asleep on him.

Deese honestly I can't comment cuz I didn't see the game.

but I reading other reports and I reading your comment and drawing the conclusion from your comments that Hyland didn't have a good game because he was not a spark offensively. Making out the bad tackle he made doesn't change the tone of your post, which seems to suggest because he didn't go forward enough or he didn't take on he had a bad game.

It doesn't help that most outlets I've read state he had a tidy game where he spread the ball and covered good ground in the middle third (mostly defensively). Now interpreting this, I'm guessing Hyland played a deeper defensive role and his role was to link the play, not be a catalyst for offense.

Mind you while doing this, he had two shot attempts, one good enough to be mentioned in the UEFA match report.

So which one is it? He played badly as a midfielder in general or he played his role but you didn't like his impact on the game?

« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:28:32 PM by Arazi »

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2011, 01:04:38 PM »
ahhhh...a trini back in the champions league. is too long now.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2011, 11:01:26 PM »

Deese honestly I can't comment cuz I didn't see the game.

but I reading other reports and I reading your comment and drawing the conclusion from your comments that Hyland didn't have a good game because he was not a spark offensively. Making out the bad tackle he made doesn't change the tone of your post, which seems to suggest because he didn't go forward enough or he didn't take on he had a bad game.

It doesn't help that most outlets I've read state he had a tidy game where he spread the ball and covered good ground in the middle third (mostly defensively). Now interpreting this, I'm guessing Hyland played a deeper defensive role and his role was to link the play, not be a catalyst for offense.

Mind you while doing this, he had two shot attempts, one good enough to be mentioned in the UEFA match report.

So which one is it? He played badly as a midfielder in general or he played his role but you didn't like his impact on the game?

As I stated before, Khaleem prides himself on being a box to box midfielder and the coach had to have known this about this player going into the game.

First, Khaleem played as a box to box midfielder providing defensive support to break up attacking plays from the other team, at times. This was a problem because more often than not he would committ an infringement and the other team would reset a play in Genk's half. You could blame that on the referee if you want but I saw that as poor tackling on Khaleem's part. He was a little too enthusiastic and unbridled with his challenges. His indeciviseness was almost costly as well.

Second, he seemed at times, and this happened too often, to not want to take possession of the ball from the defense, neither did he distribute passes from deep in the midfield to control the game. Like an Essien or Ture would. His passing game, just like the rest of the team, was woeful. You could say all Genk's passes lacked timing and accuracy. Khaleem's passes were not dangerous passes. The team's performance on the pitch brought out the worse in their supporters at times.

Third, when he was supporting the attack, he lost possession of the ball a little too often, bringing the attack to a halt. It was impossible for him to make that defense splitting pass and that could be the reason why he did not anticipate passing opportunities for his team mates. He did not provide the support that Genk sorely needed in tidying up the central midfield as this was the plan of the other team to muddy that area of the pitch and it worked to perfection. Genk was overran in central midfield.

Lastly, yeah he had two shots on goal but they did not have any power on them. Khaleem has a wicked shot and can sting you with both feet.

In conclusion, I was looking for a more allround/complete game from Khaleem. The kind of game that Genk is looking for from him, a better passing game with better possession of the ball and better timing on his challenges in his attempts to win the ball back, a liitle more awareness of his and his team mates positions. The stamina to run all game long is there and so is his shooting ability, he just has to take full advantage of the opportunity when it presents itself which is what he didn't do against Haifa.

Genk is going to need it if they are to get out of this round and advance against the other teams in the competition.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2011, 10:22:58 PM »
please add that its his debut for the champion club of begium...and a CL debut as well

well played son...keep going
play de fitball
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2011, 05:31:25 AM »
first game for a new club.................

I remember Yorke's first game for Manutd.............most commentators wrote him off and said he was not up to pace with the Manutd style of play........the rest is history.

What about defensive mids like Lasana Diarra, Nigel de Jong Gareth Barry, Palacios, Mikel, Yaya Toure (at Barca) etc?  Different players have different roles to play.  Not everyone has to have their name in "lights".

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2011, 09:32:53 AM »
please add that its his debut for the champion club of begium...and a CL debut as well

well played son...keep going
play de fitball
Kinda think ... you said it all in a nutshell!!!

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2011, 12:57:43 PM »
Hyland on the bench fr this one.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2011, 01:15:10 PM »
hyland coming off the bench to score the game and aggregate winner.

a trini go be back in the CL group stage soon.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2011, 01:22:33 PM »
Genk up 1 - 0. 35th mn. 2 - 2 on aggregate. Genk have been dominating this one.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2011, 01:24:17 PM »
 :(

Its 1 - 1. 2 - 3 in aggregate in favour of Maccaiba Haifa. Precious away goal for Haifa. Steups.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2011, 01:28:09 PM »
Lol. Genk back in front, 2 - 1 in the game (3 -3 on aggregate).

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2011, 03:31:59 PM »
Game over, Hyland never came off the bench, however Genk are through to the group stages of the Champions League. Game went to penalties.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2011, 03:34:05 PM »
Hopefully the new coach will pick him when the group stages start.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2011, 04:26:04 PM »
WOW great result!!
How Genk play?  In the first leg they played badly.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2011, 03:58:43 AM »
WOW great result!!
How Genk play?  In the first leg they played badly.

They played alot better.....remember home advantage counts at this level
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2011, 01:44:57 PM »
Darryl Roberts' old Turkish club is in the CL group stage now, too. Too bad Darryl didnt stick around.
Hart for president

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2011, 01:52:25 PM »

dais what i was hoping too, but like dis damn interim coach eh like him...how he could go from being ah starter to riding pine next game?
anyway ah had to leave in extra time but like dey win on PKs so we'll see him in de group stages:)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2011, 02:34:23 PM »
Darryl Roberts' old Turkish club is in the CL group stage now, too. Too bad Darryl didnt stick around.

His old club is Denizlispor, who are in Bank Asya 1. Lig (aka Turkish 2nd Division). The Turkish team in the CL is  Trabzonspor.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2011, 04:09:34 PM »

His old club is Denizlispor, who are in Bank Asya 1. Lig (aka Turkish 2nd Division). The Turkish team in the CL is  Trabzonspor.
dais who Clarence or somebody was with, right?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2011, 05:00:15 PM »

Nah. Clarence was wit Hacettepe Spor Kulübü.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2011, 05:52:19 PM »

Nah. Clarence was wit Hacettepe Spor Kulübü.

Encyclopaedia Myers!!!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 05:58:23 PM by Tallman »

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2011, 05:20:01 PM »

dais what i was hoping too, but like dis damn interim coach eh like him...how he could go from being ah starter to riding pine next game?
anyway ah had to leave in extra time but like dey win on PKs so we'll see him in de group stages:)

Read my previous thread and you will get a pretty good idea of why he is riding the pine, in addition to that, the midfielder playing in front of him is not losing the ball in possession, and is making plays. That should answer your question.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

1]; } ?>