March 28, 2024, 11:36:27 AM

Author Topic: Theobald to carry captain's armband versus India.  (Read 4072 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Theobald to carry captain's armband versus India.
« on: August 17, 2011, 08:13:13 PM »
India arrives Thursday morning.
...Gray says they will have a bit of Bahrain in them.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

India’s National Men’s team will arrive at Piarco International at 8:20am on Thursday ahead of Sunday’s friendly international against this country at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

The members of the team led by star striker Sunil Chhetri will be met by Indian High Commissioner Shri Malay Mishra at the VIP Lounge, Piarco.

The Indians were scheduled to face Barbados on Wednesday night but the game was put off on request by Indian head coach Armando Colaco.

Indian team officials in Barbados refused to talk on the subject saying they were having important team meetings and federation sources said the coach felt the team was too tired and did not get enough practice to play the match on Wednesday.

There were also reports that they were not happy with the poor reception handed to the team upon their arrival in Barbados.

Meantime, former national defender Cyd Gray, who played professionally in India with Pune FC says the current squad should not underestimate India, likening their style of play to that of Bahrain which T&T defeated in a playoff to qualify for the 2006 World Cup finals.

The Tobago-born Gray played for three months with Pune in 2008 before a fracture forced him to return home.

“From what I saw and experienced in the League across there I can say that the players try to play good football. They will not be that physical and may be a bit similar to Bahrain,” Gray told TTFF Media on Wednesday.

“The League over there was pretty good. There is a lot of interest in football and of course they were keen on taking the game to a new level in India. I expect them to come here and try to give a good account of themselves,” added the ex-Joe Public player.

He also wished the current team which includes his former teammates Densill Theobald, Anthony Wolfe and Stern John, a good outcome on Sunday.

“I’ll say to them to continue doing what they are accustomed to. Which is to work hard, play and hard and stay focused. I wish them the best in the future.”

Caledonia AIA midfielder Densill Theobald has been named as captain for Sunday’s match by Otto Pfister.

“It’s a responsibility yes but I think all of us on the pitch have to possess leadership qualities,” Theobald said.

“I think if all of us can go about the game with that mindset then things will work in our favour. It’s the same thing for the World Cup qualifiers. We have a good mix of players involved now and we will be trying to mix all the right ingredients on the day.”

Theobald captained T&T at the 2007 Digicel Caribbean Cup and Concacaf Gold Cup

There continues to be a growing interest in football in India and it was reported earlier this month that India is set to jump on a lucrative football bandwagon.

That is the plan of the West Bengal division of the Indian Football Association, which aims to revolutionize domestic football by setting up a money-spinning league for the beautiful game.

The Premier League Soccer (PLS) is inspired by the hugely successful cricket Indian Premier League (IPL), whose Twenty20 tournament has turned Indian cricket into big business since its launch in 2008.

West Bengal’s IFA is setting up the PLS in partnership with India’s Celebrity Management Group and TV rights holders Mahua TV to launch the league in January 2012.

Licenses to set up the League’s initial six teams – or franchises – will be offered for sale this month to companies with a minimum net worth of Rs100m. Teams will be created in an IPL-style auction soon afterwards.

Each team will have a 25-player squad consisting of one “icon” player – the PLS has already spoken to Dutchman Edgar Davids and Japan’s Junichi Inamoto.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Theobald to carry captain's armband versus India.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 10:13:47 PM »
Obviously ah big coach must recognize big talent! When I talk people does ball I is ah fanatic...but ah want somebody to interview Otto and hear what he have to say bout bleeder! He is ah very good fitballer!

AirMan

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 10:14:51 PM »
dont approve of this...anyway allyuh fete on and have a good time

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 12:57:20 AM »
Obviously ah big coach must recognize big talent! When I talk people does ball I is ah fanatic...but ah want somebody to interview Otto and hear what he have to say bout bleeder! He is ah very good fitballer!

I was planning to write this from the time I see he make the side but now that he is captain, it make even more sense.

I will never criticise Bleeder for anything that not related to his play in a specific match ever again.

The man now is set to have his 78th cap for the National Team. He has been selected by 6 coaches, (Morris, BSC, Beenie, Wim, Anton and Latas) over 9 years, He has played 16 world cup qualifiers, 6 Gold Cup Games, and 3 World Cup Games. He is best poised barring injury to be the next player to join T&T's century club where only three other players have reached. And this is not the first time a coach has entrusted  him with the armband..

The man either has something everybody but kiffysmooth ent seeing, or we truly and really haven't had much better than him for the better part of 10 years. Either way I can't hate on him for that. Go brave (b)leeder...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 01:02:04 AM »
tis iz ah fete match...anybody interested in downing some doubles and kingfisher together.....
lets make d belly memorable
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 02:20:34 AM »

I was planning to write this from the time I see he make the side but now that he is captain, it make even more sense.

I will never criticise Bleeder for anything that not related to his play in a specific match ever again.

The man now is set to have his 78th cap for the National Team. He has been selected by 6 coaches, (Morris, BSC, Beenie, Wim, Anton and Latas) over 9 years, He has played 16 world cup qualifiers, 6 Gold Cup Games, and 3 World Cup Games. He is best poised barring injury to be the next player to join T&T's century club where only three other players have reached. And this is not the first time a coach has entrusted  him with the armband..

The man either has something everybody but kiffysmooth ent seeing, or we truly and really haven't had much better than him for the better part of 10 years. Either way I can't hate on him for that. Go brave (b)leeder...

I was thinking this since yesterday.

Dem Coaches must really be seeing something.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 05:21:43 AM »

VB

he will do fine if dey partner him wit somebody dynamic and a bit brave,  if dey pair 'im wit somebody like hughton hector or other attack minded mid, it could work, if dey use somebody like Clyde leon not so sure......................and I not just ragging in Clyde for no good reason....he and Densil should not be on d field at d same time unless we close up shop and defending or something

and I stand by dat who vex loss
I pity the fool....

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 07:17:19 AM »
theobald is the Gary Nevelle of Trinidad.

he shitty for so but starting right through  :rotfl:

It takes all types to make a team.

You need men who just willing to play their role.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 07:24:18 AM »

VB

de man was always good, but inconsistent

maybe during practice games for all the coaches he does do ting dat would make zidane look sorf
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 08:22:44 AM »

VB

he will do fine if dey partner him wit somebody dynamic and a bit brave,  if dey pair 'im wit somebody like hughton hector or other attack minded mid, it could work, if dey use somebody like Clyde leon not so sure......................and I not just ragging in Clyde for no good reason....he and Densil should not be on d field at d same time unless we close up shop and defending or something

and I stand by dat who vex loss

I agree with you, I personally think if you playing Leon you need a mobile CM partner. I personally think a Birchall-Leon combo or even a Hector is a better fit.

As for Bleeder, he has a great eye for the pass, just sometimes when you really need him to pull it off he freezes.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 09:50:48 AM »
To me Theobald always had good poise and technique for a locally bred player... You could trust him to make good decisions and execute well when not under too much pressure.   

He was just not really gifted physically so his game only has one speed and could be a bit predictable.  At a higher level where the football is quicker and more intense he kinda gets lost in the shadows, as seen in the World Cup, and other international matches. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 09:56:17 AM »
Bleeder will carry the armband with a smile  ;D

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 10:07:53 AM »
As for Bleeder, he has a great eye for the pass, just sometimes when you really need him to pull it off he freezes.

that's my point he needs a foil to feed off or he cant function as he should....which is unfortunate in the grand scheme of things...given his purported vision as ah passer
I pity the fool....

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 12:35:48 PM »
Truth is I don't really wanna beat this dead horse but then I'm a pushy mofo.
Perhaps it's my definition of what a complete midfielder should be and to be fair I won't compare the boy to the essiens etc of this world but, when other players around you have to be of a certain type to accomodate too many of your shortcomings  as a fellow player it says something about your quality (or lack thereof) or even further about what we have available for selection. I understand he is a cool dude and trains well but he doesn't show up well for the national team.
He could pass a lil bit have some sense on the ball but thats about it.. slow, weak, not overly penetrative more lateral than anything, no big shot. Yep he got selected to the national team but all his attempts to link with european teams ended .. abruptly .... this is not a coincidence!
If he leading the national team no worries I supporting him but I've no illusions .. he is not good enough as is alot of our current squad right now.. crik crak monkey break dat bak

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 01:45:05 PM »
Truth is I don't really wanna beat this dead horse but then I'm a pushy mofo.
Perhaps it's my definition of what a complete midfielder should be and to be fair I won't compare the boy to the essiens etc of this world but, when other players around you have to be of a certain type to accomodate too many of your shortcomings  as a fellow player it says something about your quality (or lack thereof) or even further about what we have available for selection. I understand he is a cool dude and trains well but he doesn't show up well for the national team.
He could pass a lil bit have some sense on the ball but thats about it.. slow, weak, not overly penetrative more lateral than anything, no big shot. Yep he got selected to the national team but all his attempts to link with european teams ended .. abruptly .... this is not a coincidence!
If he leading the national team no worries I supporting him but I've no illusions .. he is not good enough as is alot of our current squad right now.. crik crak monkey break dat bak
Ah guess allyuh doh really watch football with ah discerning eye, cause if allyuh did then yuhs would understand how vital bleeder is, especially as a closer. bleeder eh no starter, but if we need ah sub to hold and maintain possession in the final 30 mins of a game especially if we have ah lead, then bleeder is yuh man.

i used to be on the fight down bleeder tip till i watch him play ah game in the last hex, and the man could ball. i also went back and watch the england game, and guess what? bleeder did ah good job of marking beckham kept him quiet for quite a while.

bleeder could be ah good sub for hyland or hector, especially if we have aah good lead, but he eh no starter.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 02:05:42 PM »
I don't know Bleeder,i don't think i've really seen him play,what i can't understand is why every Coach that comes to T&T selects him?come on the guy must have something that impresses a Coach,i've heard all kind of negative things said about that guy over the years and while everybody else retire,pack up,not good enough any more Bleeder is still around,lets give the guy some props he don't pick himself,the Coach could have given Stern John the captain's armband,it's not about who we like or don't like lets trust the Coach's instincts.On second thought i wonder if Bleeder was foreign based if we would be saying the same things,it have players playing for the national team for years and can't score a goal for us and we love them to death.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 02:27:55 PM »
Not a Theobold fan, sorry I can't be hypocritical and join the group.

He is either somebody godson or a practice champ because for the 9 yrs, three world cup campaigns and how many Caribbean Cup games he play in I can only remember him having an impact in 2-4 games TOPS.

He played excellent in the WCQ vs the USA in the oval for the sub appearance he had.

He was decent in the Caribbean Cup when he and Hardest were in the middle...he showed for the ball and did the simple things well, under no pressure he distributed and passed it around...he had a decent tournament.

I also did give him pips for those performances in my past assessments of him.

Other than that...denzil has put down a pile and looked poor on other occassions. Denzil not unlocking any defence, he not doing no mazy run, he not taking no ball to no defender, he certainly not winning any header, I can't say he is a bone crunching tackler and in terms of free kick, corner or goal scoring feats...I not looking for him there either.

I will say that as a pressure valve or an outlet pass....he is there to knock a one-two with you and move the ball across the back 4....I have accepted that is his role and he good at that.

Also he might be present as a staple all these yrs because he wasn't on the black list and was one of the players who settled with Jack....but so it go.

All the best to him, I wish him well, I look forward to a good captaincy on Sun and I expect him to lead by example and win the game for us. Respect Bleeder and Kiffy, but you are not my cup of tea.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 04:57:28 PM »

when i spoke to bleeder during wim tenure on the regular, during the tourney, he was chosen for his skill and composure, also his football intelligence, he knows the game.

put it this way, he learned alot from jemmott and has been a lot more disciplined, having had many conversations with bleeder over the years i could see why a coach would pick him, he analyzes the opponent and breaks down the entire strategy without stumbling.

only people who have spoken to him on a personal basis would know this, otherwise people just left guessing
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 05:01:46 PM by Controversial »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 06:01:40 PM »

when i spoke to bleeder during wim tenure on the regular, during the tourney, he was chosen for his skill and composure, also his football intelligence, he knows the game.

put it this way, he learned alot from jemmott and has been a lot more disciplined, having had many conversations with bleeder over the years i could see why a coach would pick him, he analyzes the opponent and breaks down the entire strategy without stumbling.

only people who have spoken to him on a personal basis would know this, otherwise people just left guessing
...................and your point is what ???..............exactly ???
I pity the fool....

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2011, 06:13:43 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JKVOqBDBCpM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JKVOqBDBCpM</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2011, 06:21:12 PM »
The new no-effin'-nonsense Bleeder. Love it. Teach de doubters on dis forum Densil.  :beermug:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2011, 06:23:09 PM »

That he does talk tuh Bleeder... keep up nah man.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 06:24:25 PM »
i honestly doh know what some of you all see in bleeder. his passing is poor and he lacks creativity. and i not trying to be harsh or negative. that is what i noticed after watching him play all these years

not sayin he never had any good performances but they are in the minority
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 06:29:22 PM »
Otto is a rank shittong! He pick dah cornt called Bleeder jus' like Beenhacker and all de other coaches!. Yeah right. Look people, ah fed up ...... run wit' dis fight dong point and start a new thread nah.  ;)
Call it de fight dong Bleeder/Otto thread and knock yourselves out.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:37:02 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2011, 06:30:40 PM »

ok tort it was someting pertinent was suppose to be in dey my bad :)
I pity the fool....

AirMan

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2011, 07:08:36 PM »
The new no-effin'-nonsense Bleeder. Love it. Teach de doubters on dis forum Densil.  :beermug:

Yeah we still waiting for him to teach the doubters something on teh football field.

yeah and I agree with Touches previous post about Bleeder..

Maybe the man is a champ in practice but he definitley the opposite when the game whistle blow. I am a fan who see the game when its competition, I doh see what goes on in practice
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 07:13:53 PM by AirMan »

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2011, 08:28:33 PM »
i honestly doh know what some of you all see in bleeder. his passing is poor and he lacks creativity. and i not trying to be harsh or negative. that is what i noticed after watching him play all these years

not sayin he never had any good performances but they are in the minority

You obviously never watch no TnT fitball... or furthermore, you muh be never kick ah lime in yuh life... you is one ah dem who does go in d stadium and talk hard and disturb men from watching d game and  quarelling wit d linesman because yuh eh know what offside is!.... ah saying dis because you take d best passer ah d ball on d team and come saying he passing poor!  you is really ah big STEUPES oui!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2011, 09:31:15 PM »

can't help you if you don't understand or have a hard time comprehending simple statements

let me translate for you, bleeder is an intelligent footballer with skill and ability, he is well spoken and knows the game, so when people insult the man, at least take the time to ask people who know him and have spoken to him

rather than just assuming and talking about a few bad games he had, which happens to all players.

btw what is the point of your post? its not helping that you can't read properly either

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2011, 09:42:25 PM »
so bleeder is ah disciple of hardest?  look at pressure. ;D

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2011, 10:26:09 PM »
Lol...Bleeder....alyuh serious? I see not much has changed during my absence. Bleeder....T&T's greatest practice champ of all time!! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

1]; } ?>