June 15, 2024, 09:27:34 PM

Author Topic: PTSC launches television screens at City Gate  (Read 1604 times)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
PTSC launches television screens at City Gate
« on: August 18, 2011, 01:18:13 AM »
PTSC launches television screens at City Gate
By RESHMA BAAL Thursday, August 18 2011

As part of its re-branding drive, and in an attempt to renew public confidence in the public transport system, the Public Transport Service Corporation of Trinidad and Tobago (PTSC) has embarked on a number of initiatives to improve its service.

One such initiative is the installation of 16 LCD screens throughout PTSC hubs in Trinidad and Tobago which will allow passengers to view television content 24 hours a day via the Caribbean New Media Group (CNMG) and Click Media.

“For the first time in the region, passengers will be able to view breaking local and international stories, weather updates, entertainment and bus schedules while they wait for their bus,” director of PTSC’s board, Ashvani Mahabir said.

At the launch of the service yesterday at City Gate in Port-of-Spain, PTSC’s deputy general manager of marketing and communications Carl Ramdeo said the service came at no cost to the PTSC as it was funded by CNMG and Click Media.

“We hope that this will increase revenue as our advertising would be increased greatly. In City Gate hub alone we have some 150,000 persons pass through on a daily basis,” he said.

Richard Lewis, managing director of Label House Group, which has responsibility for Click Media said the screens installed at the Sangre Grande, Scarborough, Point Fortin, San Fernando and City Gate hubs should bring in an additional three million viewers every month.

Ken Ali, CEO of CNMG also announced CNMG has begun to deliver more news content even as it developed a “customised news product” specifically for those who used the water taxi service.

Ravi Ratiram, deputy general manager of properties at PTSC said passengers could look forward to “real time” displays of bus schedules as well as get information on the number of seats available on each bus.

“This would be implemented soon. Also coming soon would be text alerts where passengers can text to find out schedules without coming to the hub. It is the age of information and we have to use it,” he said.

Permanent secretary of the Transport Ministry, Myrna Thompson said the new television network would bring PTSC on par with transportation systems as the rest of the world.

Thompson also announced that PTSC will soon establish hubs in Siparia and Rio Claro in order to better serve commuters.

She also said PTSC’s “rigorous” repair and maintenance programme has allowed for the efficient upgrading of its fleet of buses. This would prevent PTSC services from being interrupted “as the life and proper care of the vehicles would be improved”.

“We also expect to have 100 new buses, whose financing should begin in the new fiscal year,” Thompson said.
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: PTSC launches television screens at City Gate
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 06:24:40 AM »
vagrants getting to see CSI now
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 06:38:46 AM »
They've been up for a while now. Its a nice initiative to add some value to the customer. They should incorporate schedules on a ticker too.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 07:50:19 AM »
vagrants getting to see CSI now

Late at night dey go show blues
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 08:16:46 AM »
16 LCD screens

ah hope no BANDIT dont BANDIT it tuh watch blues
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 05:53:16 AM »
I have not used city gate in ages.  But had cause to do so last week.  I was surprised at how de place paint up nice, nice and ting.  The customer service/information area was well staffed with two/three very helpful young women (no more than 25 yrs old) and answered my every question with ease.  I took the city service to get up town and de bus leave 7:30 on de dot. 

I real skeptical bout anything public service oriented but it was a nice experience. 
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 06:34:14 AM »
All we now is the rapid rail!!!!!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 07:41:20 AM »
I have not used city gate in ages.  But had cause to do so last week.  I was surprised at how de place paint up nice, nice and ting.  The customer service/information area was well staffed with two/three very helpful young women (no more than 25 yrs old) and answered my every question with ease.  I took the city service to get up town and de bus leave 7:30 on de dot. 

I real skeptical bout anything public service oriented but it was a nice experience. 

GR8 cyah tell yuh d last time I went there.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>