April 20, 2024, 08:02:43 AM

Author Topic: Players I expected big from but never live up.  (Read 13902 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Players I expected big from but never live up.
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2012, 12:33:24 PM »
Back in the 80's: Jason Gatt (Go get wood for this name, but I liked his style), Wong from Valsayn, solid player, Ronald Koo, The goal keeper from Fatima, Nigel Patela (sp), de worm from St.james sec, Keeper Romley from St. James Sec, Franco from ST. James Sec, Piers Ryan from ST. James Sec (End up playing with Fatima for form 6).  Nuff men in the RBC League.  Lists goes on and on.......

Would have expected all these men to put on the colours for country one time or the other.

There were two Koo brothers at Fatima, neither were Keepers - If I read your post right.

Can't remember which was Ronald but the younger one had decent skills. However, unless he got bigger and improved after I left Fatima, can't see what he could've done.

Sean Roberts was an excellent GK from Fatima but broke his leg.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2012, 01:06:33 PM »
Back in the 80's: Jason Gatt (Go get wood for this name, but I liked his style), Wong from Valsayn, solid player, Ronald Koo, The goal keeper from Fatima, Nigel Patela (sp), de worm from St.james sec, Keeper Romley from St. James Sec, Franco from ST. James Sec, Piers Ryan from ST. James Sec (End up playing with Fatima for form 6).  Nuff men in the RBC League.  Lists goes on and on.......

Would have expected all these men to put on the colours for country one time or the other.

There were two Koo brothers at Fatima, neither were Keepers - If I read your post right.

Can't remember which was Ronald but the younger one had decent skills. However, unless he got bigger and improved after I left Fatima, can't see what he could've done.

Sean Roberts was an excellent GK from Fatima but broke his leg.

Ronald (older) was better in my opinion that Roger (younger) (family thing LOL), I think the GK for fatima was Saga (he was the one I was talking bout).
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2017, 09:30:24 AM »
Nick DeLeon

:devil:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2017, 07:39:41 PM »
Hate to say it..and he still good..but Mathew Woo Ling

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2017, 09:58:46 AM »
What about Aurthis Whitley post WC...living in the past, but he was a diamond  in the rough!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2017, 02:06:52 PM »
A sign that you getting old when this thread have a real meaning for you. The 1st player mentioned on this thread - Contro topic of conversation (Pre Hart) every single day; so far the only one I could really say fit the bill for me. (Sign that you old is that youths today would probably never know who that is).
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 02:08:31 PM by kounty »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2017, 10:20:54 AM »

Well there are so many T&T youth players over the years who have disappointed as their career developed ..too much to name

1]; } ?>