April 25, 2024, 08:05:50 AM

Author Topic: Leave Stern John Alone  (Read 3227 times)

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Leave Stern John Alone
« on: March 31, 2005, 10:14:15 AM »
Alyuh to quick to fight man down

Yes he miss some goals but that is ok It happens to the best of us.

I agree we should take him off, I have no problem with this or even bench him and bring him on.

Stern Bench for TnT nuff times under porterfiled with Nigel pierre was on a goals scoring spree,

But for us to make the world cup we have to get goals.
Our Forward line has to improve

Keep playing Stern get Pierre a run see if Glen could get Goals Hector Sam in the wings bring back Samuel and scotland

But Truth Be told Stern is the ONLY creditable goal scorer who can get the 6-10 goals that may get us to the cup.

Keep playing stern through miss and thin.
Odds are he will come good hopefully sooner rather than later

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Leave Stern John Alone
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 10:19:53 AM »
True enough to keep the man on the team but whomever is the coach, a system of play must be designed to maximize  this score's strengths.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 12:00:09 PM »
I hope nobody mean't for us to totally discard Stern.. I think he should have been subbed based on his perfomance in the last few games... Maybe start, but at half time sub his a$$ if he not performing...

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 12:03:42 PM »
I hope nobody mean't for us to totally discard Stern.. I think he should have been subbed based on his perfomance in the last few games... Maybe start, but at half time sub his a$$ if he not performing...

damn straight!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 12:07:38 PM »

damn straight!

Nobody fighting down Stern, but he must not be viewed as untouchable. Nothing wrong with benching him.
Quite clearly Stern is out of form and should be made to fight for his position like anyone else. Look Shaka get bench so why not Stern.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 01:41:49 PM »
Bench him now!!!!
Two islands are better than one.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 02:02:47 PM »
Stern John might be our best forward but he is out of form.  He need a spot on the bench.  It might work to our advantage having him come on in the second half and play 20 - 25 minutes.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2005, 03:42:55 PM »
what stern need is quality that is y he advocated bringing back dwarika a man he accustom play.
with no good passes = no good goals simple as dat

now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2005, 03:49:15 PM »
what stern need is quality that is y he advocated bringing back dwarika a man he accustom play.

The man throwing way in front of goal bredder man
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2005, 03:50:01 PM »

Dwarika going to shoot the ball for him too?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2005, 03:52:36 PM »
mandey, whole on a minute... Stern wasn't getting good passes, with Birmingham, Coventry, or any games lately?

Besides in tune forwards (note ah didn't say good forwards, all forwards good at the National level). does take all kinda ole pass and score goal with... sometimes they doh even get ball pass to them at all..yet they find a way to score...

Doh be so hurry to post nah. We talking Elite players here. Our best. If not on their best at present, still our best.

TrinInfinite

KND doh know what he saying, Stern lacks winning qualities
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2005, 04:06:15 PM »
stern lacks creativity and speed upfront, he dont run and cant finish well, i rather see nigel pierre and cornell head de attack,even eve have more runs than stern, people does hold on tuh shithounds bc dey in de english leagues but cant perform in de world cup qualifying, pierre, glenn and sealy will be de bess case fuh we, talk sense nah, doh get stuck on fellas who cant finish and win games

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2005, 04:25:07 PM »
stern lacks creativity and speed upfront, he dont run and cant finish well, i rather see nigel pierre and cornell head de attack,even eve have more runs than stern, people does hold on tuh shithounds bc dey in de english leagues but cant perform in de world cup qualifying, pierre, glenn and sealy will be de bess case fuh we, talk sense nah, doh get stuck on fellas who cant finish and win games

Stern Jon has around 51 goals for our National team, over a nine year career, against a variety of opposition, I think it's clear that he's hit a run of bad form, it happens to the best of them (Owen and Van Nistelrooy are a couple recent names).  You may wish to rethink your overly harsh statement.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2005, 04:27:31 PM »
I just want a coach who have no qualms about benching anybody.  Under bertille, Stern was a sure start regardless of form.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2005, 04:44:05 PM »
KND just because he from up your side and yuh sweat with the man down by cassleton there doe mean he cyar get bench.

I fightin him down...........because right now all he doing is talking, making a setta promise, shouting up at he team mates, and he ent doing nuttin on the field.

But if yuh ent realise, is not only us here in TT fed up with him, they have men in England who ent like him neither.

He ent just start to play shit, he ent now start to slump in form.....the man pulling stones long time!

I ent saying he ent good.........he not performing. Until he buck up, take a ride on the pine.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2005, 09:30:18 PM »
He throw way at least ah hat trick vs Guatemala...he breaking record and lines mens' arms with he offsides...he doh win ball from nobody..doh create he own goals...these days he forget where dat big head of his is and shouldering, chesting all kinda ting instead...he throw way at least two other goals...one vs U.S. in de second half and one yesterday vs Costa Rica and we fighting him down...sorry...but we eh playing favouritism here. Is not like he eh getting service but "Bound to Score" come like de man wit de hammer...where he gone?

1]; } ?>