April 16, 2024, 11:19:24 AM

Author Topic: Soccer is a political football  (Read 2214 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Soccer is a political football
« on: August 19, 2011, 07:59:14 AM »
Theres a lot going on at the moment in T&T football. Clearly, politics is playing a part in the events of the last few weeks. My question is: Who is pulling the strings?

The retirement from football of Jack Warner was always going to leave a void. But one wonders how much influence he is still having. The decision by his son, Daryll, to withdraw Joe Public from the Pro League is one example. Allegedly, this is due to the Pro League owing prize money to the club. However, all club owners and officials are aware that financial decisions are made to benefit the league, in order to provide a competition for the clubs. Apparently, funds due from the government, possibly via SPORTT, have not yet materialised, but will be coming. Therefore, the clubs voted to postpone prize money awards to allow the league to continue. So, the withdrawal of Joe Public on those grounds is surprising. It has also been made known that several players contracted to Joe Public have been told they can stay, and possibly play with the Super League outfit, so its possible the club will still have to pay maybe $300,000 in wages this year, yet generate no income. And why decide now? Why wait until fixtures have been released?

Then we see the sudden withdrawal of Keith Look Loys secondment by the Prisons Sports Club of his attempt to take control of the Eastern League. Why agree, then with less than two weeks until the vote, suddenly withdraw? Unless the election can be rearranged, Look Loy now cannot stand, as candidates must apply at least 14 days before the election.

The timing of these two events are at best, suspicious.

Another shock yesterday was the announcement that QPFC are being disbanded and Mr Fackery will now be competing as St Anns Rangers once again. On the surface, this doesn't seem political. Apparently, Terry Fenwick was supposed to pay a lump sum to Fackery as part of the agreement to merge the entities. So, Fenwick obviously failed to secure the funding. But anyone who knows Fenwick will know he doesn't commit to tasks he cannot follow through, particularly one that has attracted so much publicity. Also, you would believe that the old school ties down at the oval will be spitting feathers to see their club involved in such mismanagement. My feeling is that whoever was funding this venture either had no intention of parting with money, or, more likely, was warned away by someone more influential.

Then of course we had the embarrassment of the cancelled game against Haiti followed by the announcement that TTFF were going to have a meeting to implement a sponsorship campaign.

Lo and behold, a week later up steps ALLSPORT and Anil Roberts with a very defined package, including sponsors! Now, its entirely possible that TTFF are geniuses and contacted Tony Harford with a tempting deal. Hartford then sat down with his team, drew up a proposal and approached sponsors, who immediately said yes and signed contracts, obtained a meeting with Anil Roberts, who carefully studied the plans, maybe making some suggestions and alterations and then arranged a media launch.

Trust me, things don't work that quickly in Trinidad. So was it all stage managed? Haiti game cancelled and ALL SPORT coming to the rescue. Roberts shouting no money for football, then giving it to a 3rd party? Methinks this was all set in place way before the cancelled Haiti match.

I have no evidence that Mr Warner is influencing these matters, but, as in the Wizard of Oz, all roads seem to lead to the Emerald Palace, or in this case, the Emerald Hotel. And remember, the Wizard was just a little guy hiding behind the scenes, pulling all the strings.

I don't know what Mr Warners motives are, if indeed he is involved. Trying to weaken the Pro League so it goes bust and the Super League goes professional, blocking Look Loy from implementing change and keeping his partners in the East in place, thus protecting Camps & Co and protecting the TTFF secrets, manoevering his boy Harford into the LOC role that was Jacks domain back in 06?

All in all, as a wise man once said, if it looks like a dog and barks like a dog, it probably is a dog. And a clever dog at that.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soccer is a political football
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 08:05:08 AM »
Actually I know if it quacks like a duck.... But u are correck in your pronouncements.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 08:05:52 AM »
Actually I know if it quacks like a duck.... But u are correck in your pronouncements.

Hon, dogs don't quack  :rotfl:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 08:06:28 AM »

Hon, dogs don't quack  :rotfl:

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 08:16:25 AM »
Jack Warner, Darryl Warner and Anil Roberts is T&T's biggest problems......
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 08:34:43 AM »
FS, hang in there boy you seem to have all the answers,bear in mind this is what change is all about,have patience everything takes time(your words). 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 09:07:40 AM »
FS, hang in there boy you seem to have all the answers,bear in mind this is what change is all about,have patience everything takes time(your words). 

What solutions do you have to offer?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 11:51:57 AM »
Coops, I don't have the answers, I'm just joining a few dots and seeing a picture. It may not be the correct picture, but thats the one I'm seeing at the moment.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 01:18:18 PM »

What solutions do you have to offer?
      Bakes none of us will or may never have the answers for T&T Football and even though we have it can't be implemented,unless you belong to a certain group what ever you say or do is null and void.I must say i'm always interested to hear from guys like yourself and FS for example,nothing is wrong with a different thought,opinion,view,idea etc sometimes we tend to be one track and only see things our way.I know i irritate you all is just that i want to hear what people have to say,if cussing me is the best they can do fine,let me hear what we can do different to bring about change.   

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 04:13:53 PM »
Theres a lot going on at the moment in T&T football. Clearly, politics is playing a part in the events of the last few weeks. My question is: Who is pulling the strings?

The retirement from football of Jack Warner was always going to leave a void. But one wonders how much influence he is still having. The decision by his son, Daryll, to withdraw Joe Public from the Pro League is one example. Allegedly, this is due to the Pro League owing prize money to the club. However, all club owners and officials are aware that financial decisions are made to benefit the league, in order to provide a competition for the clubs. Apparently, funds due from the government, possibly via SPORTT, have not yet materialised, but will be coming. Therefore, the clubs voted to postpone prize money awards to allow the league to continue. So, the withdrawal of Joe Public on those grounds is surprising. It has also been made known that several players contracted to Joe Public have been told they can stay, and possibly play with the Super League outfit, so its possible the club will still have to pay maybe $300,000 in wages this year, yet generate no income. And why decide now? Why wait until fixtures have been released?

Then we see the sudden withdrawal of Keith Look Loys secondment by the Prisons Sports Club of his attempt to take control of the Eastern League. Why agree, then with less than two weeks until the vote, suddenly withdraw? Unless the election can be rearranged, Look Loy now cannot stand, as candidates must apply at least 14 days before the election.

Another shock yesterday was the announcement that QPFC are being disbanded and Mr Fackery will now be competing as St Anns Rangers once again. On the surface, this doesn't seem political. Apparently, Terry Fenwick was supposed to pay a lump sum to Fackery as part of the agreement to merge the entities. So, Fenwick obviously failed to secure the funding. But anyone who knows Fenwick will know he doesn't commit to tasks he cannot follow through, particularly one that has attracted so much publicity. Also, you would believe that the old school ties down at the oval will be spitting feathers to see their club involved in such mismanagement. My feeling is that whoever was funding this venture either had no intention of parting with money, or, more likely, was warned away by someone more influential.

Then of course we had the embarrassment of the cancelled game against Haiti followed by the announcement that TTFF were going to have a meeting to implement a sponsorship campaign.

Lo and behold, a week later up steps ALLSPORT and Anil Roberts with a very defined package, including sponsors! Now, its entirely possible that TTFF are geniuses and contacted Tony Harford with a tempting deal. Hartford then sat down with his team, drew up a proposal and approached sponsors, who immediately said yes and signed contracts, obtained a meeting with Anil Roberts, who carefully studied the plans, maybe making some suggestions and alterations and then arranged a media launch.

Trust me, things don't work that quickly in Trinidad. So was it all stage managed? Haiti game cancelled and ALL SPORT coming to the rescue. Roberts shouting no money for football, then giving it to a 3rd party? Methinks this was all set in place way before the cancelled Haiti match.

I have no evidence that Mr Warner is influencing these matters, but, as in the Wizard of Oz, all roads seem to lead to the Emerald Palace, or in this case, the Emerald Hotel. And remember, the Wizard was just a little guy hiding behind the scenes, pulling all the strings.

I don't know what Mr Warners motives are, if indeed he is involved. Trying to weaken the Pro League so it goes bust and the Super League goes professional, blocking Look Loy from implementing change and keeping his partners in the East in place, thus protecting Camps & Co and protecting the TTFF secrets, manoevering his boy Harford into the LOC role that was Jacks domain back in 06?

All in all, as a wise man once said, if it looks like a dog and barks like a dog, it probably is a dog. And a clever dog at that.

in a statement i made previously, i said the ttff is an extension of the govt through this new organization

some people ignored it but it is obvious as many things are beginning to unravel
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 04:15:45 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 04:25:41 PM »

in a nutshell, the new organization formed is an extension of the govt which jw is a part of and also an extension of the ttff, which is another way of saving camps and co career.

a lot of behind the scenes work was being done to bring about an alternative, the ttff and govt heard the rumbling and acted swiftly because they do not, i repeat, do not want to lose their grip on local football to ex pats or other interested parties.

in order to stunt that alternative All Sport was introduced into the picture and the sudden need for transparency, because of the multi million dollar revenues that can be made with TT football

you see, once the ttff continued on their path and the govt took over in terms of payments, it left enough room for another association " THE ALTERNATIVE" to introduce itself to national football.

they realized this and took action right away, everything was orchestrated out of fear of losing their grip on national and local football

TT is a corrupt nation with a very powerful old boys club, the ttff can run football better than any other federation in the caribbean, but they choose not to because they are corrupt.

They have temporarily halted an alternative by throwing a curve ball but this will not stop a better alternative from rearing its head in the near future.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 07:00:27 PM »
FS yuh have me thinking.  :thinking:

:idea: Here's the deal: Jackula could be forming a hidden intra-government money laundering enterprise with Anil as official mouthpiece, quietly tallking to Scampito and Rodent making them happy with some more brown envelopes. T&T govt is the new de facto TFF with yuh boy tie-tongue Jackulito in the EXACT same role as spethal advithuh. When qualifying games come, is de same trick of securing untraceable money for his personal account from TV rights, gate receipts, travel arrangements, Emerald Hotel accommodation and the rest. Huh!yuhyai!

FIFA watching fuh sure and knowing dem an' dey cut t'roat backroom deals,  might use this to blackmail Jackulito threatening that he could lose de sweet million dullahs pension unless he does what they want. Ah watchin'.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 07:51:48 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 07:22:22 PM »

Damn! Methinks you have hit the nail on the head FS... them dots REAL connecting sah!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 07:36:27 PM »
    Bakes none of us will or may never have the answers for T&T Football and even though we have it can't be implemented,unless you belong to a certain group what ever you say or do is null and void.I must say i'm always interested to hear from guys like yourself and FS for example,nothing is wrong with a different thought,opinion,view,idea etc sometimes we tend to be one track and only see things our way.I know i irritate you all is just that i want to hear what people have to say,if cussing me is the best they can do fine,let me hear what we can do different to bring about change.   

Well you know I not going to cuss you... I just had to ask you because I thought I detected some sarcasm in your question to FS.  As he said, he may not always be right, and in fact me and him does bump heads all the time.  One thing I appreciate though is that he seems to genuinely care about our football, and probably getting older by the minute for it.  I willing to give the man props for caring and attempting to raise questions in the hopes of sourcing a solution.  So apologies if I misread your question  :beermug:

Damn! Methinks you have hit the nail on the head FS... them dots REAL connecting sah!

Sounds like fodder for a radio show  ;)

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 07:41:56 PM »

[/quote]

Sounds like fodder for a radio show  ;)
[/quote]

Ah hear yuh loud and clear  8) and a word to the wise is enough  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 07:44:01 PM »

Ah hear yuh loud and clear  8) and a word to the wise is enough  :beermug:

Invite Look Loy... might be a good platform fuh him to put out de moratorium on de vote idea.

p.s.  ah hear yuh could send him ah PM here, but me eh know how true dat is  ;D

p.p.s... maybe FS too :D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 07:45:37 PM by Bakes »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 10:17:19 PM »
FS...yuh good...well done
you in trini to de bone

yuh know this ting good

as a top class "read between the lines man" myself...i must say well done

and for some who find this sparking yuh mind....come on...allyuh know this...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2011, 06:47:48 AM »
The legacy one leaves behind is always clear to see. If the people that were responsible for football created a healthy environment. Then it stands to reason that the football environment would remain stable, under difficult, or unfortunate circumstances which unsettles its administrators / leaders etc.
As a matter of fact the inheritors should be in a position to carry on with very little change and even to build upon what was established.
The fact that the environment presently seems unstable, just goes to show that the foundation upon which it was built, is sand and those responsible did not create an everlasting legacy. One may even conclude, that the health and goodwill of T&T Football, for all to enjoy and its future was never truly their objective.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2011, 01:33:12 PM »
I also share the view that there are a lot of deals  taking place behind the scenes which are not  in keeping with FIFA's pronouncements! These are the same players minus Jack so the game is still the same!Hope FIFA is keeping a close eye! Instead of solving  problems ,these folks are continuing to act in  their interests and not in the national interest! We need committed persons and not smartmen! They continue to contribute to the destruction of the soul of this country!

1]; } ?>