April 20, 2024, 04:58:44 AM

Author Topic: D Touches Match Observation T&T vs India  (Read 8940 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
D Touches Match Observation T&T vs India
« on: August 21, 2011, 06:02:46 PM »
Dear Forumites,

The journey to Brazil has started and it was fitting that the first goal of the campaign was scored by none other than #14 Stern John.

I arrived late to the game and was unable to see any of the pre game antics, pitch inspection or team warm ups.

The crowd was not bad...I estimated about 2-2500 in attendance and the ticket booth was efficient, the scalpers were there in numbers, the gates easily accessible and there were a number of vendors selling everything from pelau and bake and shark to popcorn. I got a free pack of Dixie biscuit on entry and I was looking for the tstt girls, the rag, the noisemaker etc but.....SALT.

Didn't see a pieman, but the usual nuts men.."buy nuts from meh nah"..the usual pigtail bucket drinks men, the sliver cup and flags vendor and the chinggum/mints/hemp man with the see tru plastic bag was in attendance.

The sun was blistering hot and for 5:pm it was bright and sunny, uncomfortable and the glare and sun was difficult for the keeper on the movietown side (India).

The anthems were played, the Indian rendition on a kinda electronic organ akin to the Mastana Bahar intro and the TT anthem was a steelpan number. It was also pleasing that the TT flag was not dwarfed by its Indian counterpart.

Maybe I missed it but there was no entertainment, no cultural show, no dj's hyping up the crowd, no riddim section. Not a horn, whistle, thunderstick, slow hand clap or chant.

The vibes was dead...graveyard like...and there was no talking, cussin, steupsing, nuttin.

The usual crowd, you know your stadium family...the strangers that you see in the same section game after game, were not there. No big squad of males, no youths, no smallies, not even the tanties, like everybody get fed up and the crowd was made up of families with children and men on date with they new pips.

Both teams lined up in a 4-4-2 formation with India switching to a 3-5-2 midway through each half for about 15 minutes.

The TT squad

Marvin Phillip

Anthony Wolfe  Carlyle Mitchell  Seon Power, Akeem Adams

Hayden Tinto  Hughtun Hector Densill Theobald (capt) Andrei Pacheco

Stern John  Darryl Roberts

From the kick off our captain and back four needed some time to settle and they gave away the ball under no pressure, made some hospital passes, lost the ball occasionally and forced the play a bit. But after about 5 minutes...everybody settled, got the nerves out and began to knock the ball around with authority.

I was impressed, Otto's style is evident and you could see improvement with the team. The fears I had were allayed somewhat and I think we will be comfortable against our first three opponents.

I was pleased with the shape of the team, the intensity of play, the speed and pace has improved, the possession of the ball, the off the ball runs and support were evident and we were good in attack.
Going down the wings at times, playing the long ball sometimes and if it was not on...trying to maintain possession playing thru the middle and using Roberts and Stern to hold the ball up, bring the midfield into the game or have them knock a 1-2 amongst themselves.

I was very impressed with Stern...form is temporary but class is permanent and his touch, willingness to shoot, to take on players, his screening and his vision were spot on today. He linked up well with Roberts and I like this front two pairing...one with speed to run at them, the other to trap and screen. Good understanding and chemistry.

Folks Stern was tackling...yes and going in hard too. I was pleased .He scored the first goal via the penalty spot after Tinto or Roberts took on three men and was brought down in the area. It was a bullet, straight down the center and he put his finger on his lips to silence the detractors in his goal celebration.

The goal came early too and after this India came to life a little. Now folks there is a reason why India is ranked where they are ranked. To be honest, they tried were ok in shape, structure and possession. The knocked the ball around and their players did the basics well, but none were really standout or impressive. Only the winger..who tun up our wing backs a few times. Wolfe eat a belt on one occasion and get a dread cutback by the corner on another.

The TT back four were never really tested or challenged and were caught on a few occasions ball watching. I found that they allowed the Indian fwds too much space and they were hesitant to tackle..still jockeying and pointing and allowing the Indians to run at them too much instead of stepping up and resting a good blade.

Power has improved and was good in the air winning a few headers and cutting out some crosses...he was the best of the lot. But I was never comfortable with the other three and if a better teams holds on to us them fellas go be in real trouble.

But personnel aside, Pfister had the men knocking a brand...we were looking better defensively and I must say the TT side ent look so in a long time. It is a step in the right direction.

The best chance India had in the first half was when Power clumsily took out an Indian fwd 15 yards from the top off the box. I felt that Phillip didn't set his wall correctly, also I found the personnel in the wall to be a bit short...so said so done and India's free kick taker curled a beauty into the "V". Phillips however was up to the task and got across to make the save.

Apart from that TT had a few good chances on goal...some good shots by Stern, a good drive by Tinto, Roberts going at them...the goals looked like they would come and only poor crossing by Tinto or a bad corner or a desperate lunge by the Indian defence kept TT at bay.

In terms of pulling stones two candidates were head and shoulders above everyone else in terms of killing the play, making a mistake or just playing a dunce ball and losing possession number 15 Pacheco and his wing back Adams.

Adams was nervous, unfit or just jittery as it was only bad pass, mistake or lorse ball..."to who syndrome" when kicking it long and guilty of not marking properly. The worse, worse play of the evening...a real made for tv bloopers highlight, was when he went to try and swing a cross in with all his might. he jump and leap off the ground...fuss it had venom in the cross and swipe "FRESH BREEZE" he fell down with a thud too right after.

Pacheco's touch was just off...he was moving a bit lazy or slower than the rest of the team and looked scared or bun.

At the half with the score at 1-0 TT was in control, but not comfortable. India threatened in spurts and TT started to lose a little pace and reverted to a slower deliberate knock around style.

The second half started brightly and TT scored nearly from the kick off with Tinto bursting down the line and crossing into space. Roberts then slid in and put the ball goalward. The goalie scrambled the ball and it seemed like a goalline clearance but the linesman immediately indicated that it was a goal.

That knocked the wind out of India and they tried to pass the ball around but they rarely threatened.
One attack nearly bore fruit as a mix up between Power and Mitchell allowed a ball to fall to an Indian fwd and he corked a bullet far post...but Phillips got down well to make a point blank save.

The third TT goal really pleased me as it is something we hardly ever do...be aware on fouls and take the resulting free kick quickly. A player was pulled down en route to goal and from the resulting spot kick, while India was still looking to organize, the ball was touched quickly forward and Roberts sprinted on to it catching the entire Indian team by surprise and he buried the ball past the goalie clinically.

Before that Stern was the recipient of a good through ball and looked certain to score but the angle was tight and the goalie saved well.

TT gradually got more into the game and looked even more threatening, but the side dropped down a gear and was at walking pace from the 70th min onward.

I would have thought that Pfister would make subs...adjusting the problem players and giving others such as Stern a rest to bring on fresh men and give players a run.

But after the 75th min and no sign of a sub, it was clear Pfister knew what time it was...these were the men he going to use next game and they have to get fit. This was no audition, no trying out of players , no giving man a look...this was a get fit and wuk session.

With 8-10 min to go Toussaint came on and was an immediate live wire creating a scoring chance, drawing fouls and just being a menace to the Indian defence. I would have liked him to come on about 10 minutes sooner, but Pfister looks like he knows his team.

In the 89th min I think he brought on about 2 more players...Juma clarence who nearly scored on his first touch and somebody for theobold.

There was about 4 min injury time and tinto and toussaint combined well to terrorise the Indian defence.

I liked that TT started and finished each half strong. We kept a clean sheet, we looking like we know what we doing and we playing with more intensity and pace.

What I did not like is the central pair of Theobold and Hector...they played within their limitations, were adequate and while they both made mistakes they did not do anything special. They did not take command of the game, they did not run the show and did not stamp their authority and break down the Indians in the middle.

Most of the time it was the defence that had to do the clean up work or the fwds would be lively, press and force the Indians to make a mistake.

Also the lack of a creative midfielder is glaring. All the good through passes came either from Stern or Roberts dropping back to the midfield and playing it wide to pacheco or tinto...or the wingbacks playing the ball long across field.

Hector and Theobold don't have the specialness to make it happen, but credit to them they did well and played to their limitations.

All in all I give Pfister the thumbs up. He could have brought on Toussaint earlier, but I am sure he wanted to give Stern and Roberts the workout they needed. With the Foreign based coming back for the WCQ I understand why he ent business bout subs.

I don't know why he left on Pacheo and Adams so long  ??? when they were clearly not up to scratch also he didnt have the subs warming up atall. He didnt move up and down the touchline and he sat quietly on the bench in his white polo for most of the proceedings.

India ent no big side...in fact a Pro League team could deal with them, but it was a useful exercise, a confidence booster and TT looked a much better unit in comparison to the last 2 coaches.

With different personnel, this team will do well. I don't think we should panic or be afraid for the next round of matches. I am only sad that Pfister didnt get another warm up game against better opposition.

A middle of Birchall and Hyland, the inclusion of a Jake Thompson, Primus, JJloyd and Carlos, throw in Kenwyne up top or add in a Daniel in the middle. We go be alright.

Folks come out for the Bermuda game...you will be pleasantly surprised.

Till next game

« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 07:42:41 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: D Touches Match Observation T&T vs India
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 06:04:46 PM »
Steups!!  Touches..... :shameonyou: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 06:34:04 PM »
sad man.. 2500? gave di ticket wey free right now I say .. Let we fill di stadium up.. mek money frm the vending.. since right now everyone is fed up wid our football dionly way to get it bak on track is gave way free ticket and let the vending mek up di money...
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 06:36:44 PM »
touches i feeling like i waiting on d new season of tru blood to start wit da intro......is how long again to wait
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 06:42:24 PM »
sad man.. 2500? gave di ticket wey free right now I say .. Let we fill di stadium up.. mek money frm the vending.. since right now everyone is fed up wid our football dionly way to get it bak on track is gave way free ticket and let the vending mek up di money...
war

They should have held this game in central or south, more people would have attended and the atmosphere would have been better!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 06:43:57 PM »
Yuh report done Touches??  Or its still a work in progress??..... :-\
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 07:18:27 PM »
De man must be still digesting he Dixie biscuit...I'll tune in later to take in the rest.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 07:18:58 PM »
 :rotfl: Touches publishing reports with a preface now yes.

This thing gone international yes

Stay tuned folks....
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 07:25:42 PM »
De man must be still digesting he Dixie biscuit...I'll tune in later to take in the rest.

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 07:26:51 PM »
Dais it?? :o wham sar, nothing on the coaching tactics, players performances nothing, or is this ah summery? ah surely hope so bc one of the highlights of ah T&T match is yuh reports. hope there's more.  bless.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 07:35:26 PM »
Dais it?? :o wham sar, nothing on the coaching tactics, players performances nothing, or is this ah summery? ah surely hope so bc one of the highlights of ah T&T match is yuh reports. hope there's more.  bless.

trini nuh easy nah
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 07:47:35 PM »
touches...i thought mitchell if he is number 20th played really well...won balls in the air..took ball off men foot and had the forwards busy...although they did give them some time on occasions...but tht ras....i like him in defence...wolfe did get exposed and i think agaisnt good attackers tht maybe the week side..adams has imporved...i think pfister like his size....
the defence were also composed in the second half...with ah few occasions tht men pass the ball out of defence isntead of just kicking it...after the break down of the indian attack
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 07:53:00 PM »
The long ras was power, the normal trim tall fella next to him was mitchell.

Adams pull stones for me.

My high performers were Roberts and Stern. Everyone else were just adequate, no other standouts for me. oh and the Toussaint cameo.

I just cyar understand why Latapy never sweat Roberts, the boy useful. Is the urgency and presence he have...you noticed nobody knock either he or stern off the ball it was proper screen and knock.

Phillips I find lil shakey on crosses and corners...he ent coming with a urgency, but I like how he comes off his line and his shot stopping good. The Indian long throws was giving us some trouble.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 07:57:36 PM »

My high performers were Roberts and Stern. Everyone else were just adequate, no other standouts for me. oh and the Toussaint cameo.

I just cyar understand why Latapy never sweat Roberts, the boy useful. Is the urgency and presence he have...you noticed nobody knock either he or stern off the ball it was proper screen and knock.

Phillips I find lil shakey on crosses and corners...he ent coming with a urgency, but I like how he comes off his line and his shot stopping good. The Indian long throws was giving us some trouble.

well then power is my man of match..more so since our defence is the usual problem.... u right stern and roberts were decent together...still some thigns to work on....in thier communication though..
yeas....keep needs to come off his bloody line and claim cross ball he also flopped and just barely got  ahand to a crioss....
overall decent game..thanks god i see a system!!
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2011, 07:59:38 PM »
Thank you Touches for taking the time to produce this AGAIN. The level of detail is great for us unable to attend or view online.

Hoping for the best in the next game. Waiting for Otto's comments and those of Stern et al.

Best
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2011, 08:09:58 PM »

excellent report breds as usual  :beermug:

i am also worried that we do not have a creative mid currently but with the full team back that can be addressed

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2011, 08:12:12 PM »

No disrespect touches, but we getting more report laterz ahought?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2011, 08:16:14 PM »

JC it ent have much more I could report on vs India...they ent really play nuttin and besides stern and roberts nobody else ent light up the HCS. It was a good performance by TT keeping the opposition and our line-up in perspective. Breds it was a dead atmosphere, is only cause I like football and TT I went. If I had any other option for entertainment I woulda stay home and save meh $100.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2011, 08:16:42 PM »
Ah see all kinda man talking bout why latas never call or pick roberts and seemed amazed, when i was telling allyuh all along that latas can't recognize talent even if it jump up on his nose and danced the jig.

ah want tuh hear what that dickweed diamondtrim have to say now.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2011, 08:18:40 PM »

JC it ent have much more I could report on vs India...they ent really play nuttin and besides stern and roberts nobody else ent light up the HCS. It was a good performance by TT keeping the opposition and our line-up in perspective. Breds it was a dead atmosphere, is only cause I like football and TT I went. If I had any other option for entertainment I woulda stay home and save meh $100.
Ah right breds ah understand what yuh saying, but i was wondering how was Pfisters system, was it ah good brand or ah semi cobo? geh meh ah lil more nah dan.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 08:46:55 PM by just cool »

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2011, 08:21:58 PM »

Since KJ has been already announced as the international captain, that means either Roberts or Stern will sit to start.  There is no question that Roberts is more aggressive, fitter, and sharper; but Stern is Stern, a legend but aging. I would start with Roberts and use Stern as a super sub.  We will see!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2011, 08:24:22 PM »
Ah see all kinda man talking bout why latas never call or pick roberts and seemed amazed, when i was telling allyuh all along that latas can't recognize talent even if it jump up on his nose and danced the jig.

ah want tuh hear what that dickweed diamondtrim have to say now.
Great players don't always make great coaches. Latapy is a prime example. Great player on the field. Poor tactician on the bench.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2011, 08:42:54 PM »

Since KJ has been already announced as the international captain, that means either Roberts or Stern will sit to start.  There is no question that Roberts is more aggressive, fitter, and sharper; but Stern is Stern, a legend but aging. I would start with Roberts and use Stern as a super sub.  We will see!

stern sits

you cannot play stern and jones together, they are essentially the same type of strikers

roberts will run for you and we need a contrast on top, roberts and jones start

stern off the bench  :beermug:

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2011, 09:26:44 PM »
Roberts has a unique style. He looks a bit clumsy at times on the ball but he is all energy and his style makes it difficult to time a tackle on him. Combine that with the fact that he can finish.

Overall the team lacked match practice so some of the sharpness was missing. But you saw there was a purpose.

We need more games.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2011, 09:36:54 PM »
Contro...you cannot play stern and jones together, they are essentially the same type of strikers

yuh mean one does score and one dont ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2011, 09:39:04 PM »
Just Cool...Ah see all kinda man talking bout why latas never call or pick roberts and seemed amazed, when i was telling allyuh all along that latas can't recognize talent even if it jump up on his nose and danced the jig.

and Leo did not pick latas ...so he cyar recognize talent ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2011, 09:41:23 PM »
The Commentators were bigging up Hector as the creative player and accurate passer of the ball. Alvin especially.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2011, 09:47:38 PM »
Nice report bro! And I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment... when last yuh see ah T&T team play ONE TOUCH POSSESSION football so? Now granted the Indians didn't pressure us much and there were some glaring unforced errors, for a team that has not played a competitive International in nearly a year, I too was impressed... I saw some peeps saying with KJ returning either Roberts or Stern will have to bench... NOT necessarily... we could play with Robers as an attacking mid just behind Stern ad KJ, because as you rightly sad we have NO creativity in the middle... I think once the foreign-based get some games together the team will start looking REAL good!

Oh, yuh left out the ONE significant contribution from Pacheco...his BULLET from the left-wing late in the 2nd half that went over-bar... it was the ONE time he looked like he belonged on that pitch... also the little I saw of Juma Clarence I am impressed...he's gotten a lot BIGGER since the U-20 WC and appears to have a decent touch... and it was Touissaint who took the quick free kick.. hope he too makes it onto Pfisters final squad next week.

I felt sorry for Adams! The crowd was really hard on him and as the youngest player on the pitch I felt for him, but what about Joevin Jones or Uriah Bentick either of those two I felt could have been subbed in for him IF they were in the team... Jlloyd aint have no competition for that left-side of defence nuh... oh and it was Akil Gueverra who came on for the Capt.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2011, 09:48:31 PM »
The Commentators were bigging up Hector as the creative player and accurate passer of the ball. Alvin especially.

He is quality .. with better players around him you will see the best from him.. he likes a fast tempo game.. plenty quick short passing stuff.. good movement and alot of vision

I expect big big things

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2011, 10:04:03 PM »
Touches.....the other sub was Guevera, and the players were sent to warm up at the town end at around 65 mins. But good report hoss.

Two things....Wolfe ain't no right back! He stood in and done his job, but he will be run ragged by a seasoned striker. Whats more, he wasn't playing as a wing back, so his real talent as a forward playing attacker was not utilised.

We had no left wing at all. No attacks from wing back or left midfield. Everything productive came down the right from Tinto, who looked willing and able to take on defenders. I felt the locals missed an opportunity to lock down their places, aside from Tinto and Powers.

Crowd was really disapointing. It was like a graveyard at first. In fact the damn nutsman was pissing me off and he was 30 yards away! Also, T&T anthem was pants. It was a steel drum version, but either the recording or the system was so poor, I felt it was an insult to the nation.

There was no marketing aside from perimeter boards. I saw the Carib girls outside the stadium, but not inside. No giveaways, entertainment, rhythm sections, nothing. Very, very poor. I felt robbed of my $200 and I can't see people rushing to spend another $200 when the Pro League starts and they can see the same players for $30 and get at least a little bit of entertainment to thank them for their money.

Real disapointed that Camps never got abuse. I booed, and everyone just looked at me! 

Oh yeah, Stern scored a superb goal with best move of the match in first half, but it was offside!

Then, to cap it all, we were kicked out of Frankies at 10.30 because of the State of Emergency. Personally, I think Kamla is over reacting. We weren't brilliant, but its no emergency lol
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 10:06:27 PM by Football supporter »

1]; } ?>