April 26, 2024, 06:18:00 PM

Author Topic: D Touches Match Observation T&T vs India  (Read 8976 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: D Touches Match Observation T&T vs India
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2011, 10:07:21 PM »
The Commentators were bigging up Hector as the creative player and accurate passer of the ball. Alvin especially.

He is quality .. with better players around him you will see the best from him.. he likes a fast tempo game.. plenty quick short passing stuff.. good movement and alot of vision

I expect big big things
I like his play, he gets Densil to move a bit, though a hear as per usual bleeder was back to normal i.e. not doin nutten much wit d ball
I pity the fool....

AirMan

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2011, 10:14:00 PM »
as expected the prcatice champ (Bleeder) did not do much. I hope coach ready to play Birchall and Hyland in the middle and keep Bleeder out the starting line up. in fact i hope he was just captain for this game

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2011, 10:39:20 PM »
one question though how d strikers was setup flat front 2 or one was withdrawn
I pity the fool....

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2011, 10:45:28 PM »
Just Cool...Ah see all kinda man talking bout why latas never call or pick roberts and seemed amazed, when i was telling allyuh all along that latas can't recognize talent even if it jump up on his nose and danced the jig.

and Leo did not pick latas ...so he cyar recognize talent ???
Correction, leo did pick latas and he also played him all through the hex, it's in the WC final where he used him sparingly, but in reality latas was not excluded from the team like darrly was, not getting ah single call despite the kids obvious abilities.    different scenario horse.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2011, 10:53:00 PM »
Anyone knows how old is houton hector?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2011, 12:08:40 AM »
Wow.. This hadda be the most generous Touches match report I read in ages, look ah even seeing an acknowledgement of meh boy Seon Power.  :D

In some ways reading the comments here, I feel like i watch a different game to everybody else yes. Granted I reach on 15', allyuh have me wondering if dem boys show something before i reach.

First and foremost, let me say this and kiffysmooth ah want yuh to listen well..

If you are a veteran player, captain of our national team and playing against India of all people, and STILL looking like a shitong; so much so that the quiet crowd heartily applauds your substitution, you have no business on my national side Denzil Theobald!

The man was lala.. If he aint taking his time to make a carefully weighted bad pass, he holding onto the ball too long and breaking down the play. He misreading men runs and playing the ball where they aint go, and  furthermore his completed passes is only lateral and back. I know men does argue that is his role, to hold possession and make the simple pass but if that is yuh position yuh supposed to have a high percentage of passes completed. Basically the same complaints we hearing for years, bout time that get pelt.

Personally for me, the best players on the pitch were Hughton Hector, Seon Power, Hayden Tinto and Darryl Roberts.. Toussaint was excellent in he 10 minute run as well. I go take them men on the basis of this performance but besides that, give me my Hyland and Birchall in the middle, Daniel on the left and Carlos in the wing back when the qualifiers start thank you very much.

Overall though I not sure how men could be happy with the brand dey see out there today. Them men look lethargic and show a worrying lack of urgency and I was wondering if the hot humidity had something to do with it. When is time to press the play, men halting and playing the ball all the way back to the stoppers from India half. The wingers we had on was getting their markers on one v ones and refusing to take them on or try to run at dem. And them indian players, as soon as yuh hit them a one fan they getting confused. I would have like to see our wide players carry dem for a run. Instead, men giving up the responsibility and passing off with a predictability.

We need to encourage players like Hector, Tinto and Toussaint to express themselves in the game more, nutten aint wrong with carrying yuh man for a run or unsettling a man with a 2 shake. This pass-off/give-up-responsibility kinda play not hard to stifle against a marginally better and properly structured team.

Peeps, it cyah be only me that left that game feeling lil aggrieved and studying my $100 that jump up because everyone else in my uncovered section leave steupsing and grumbling and saying we not ready.

Matter of fact it was one of the most unfulfilling 3-0 wins I've witnessed and them fellas will need to pick it up a notch come qualifiers. Pfister heself too, is a friendly and you waiting till the 80th minute to send on subs?? What yuh expect to learn from those subs giving them 10 and 5 minute run out?

Anyhow all said and done say wha.. Allyuh go see meh in the Bermuda game.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2011, 12:22:37 AM »
Ah man tell meh to be patient so I go be patient. But while I waiting dey lemmeh ask allyuh this question for the umpteenth time. Who is we playmaker? Lemmeh tell you one time, it is not Keon Daniel.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2011, 12:43:25 AM »
Thanx Touches... Listening on the raio cyah do justice to a football game... Nice report...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2011, 04:22:11 AM »
Anyone knows how old is houton hector?
26, will be 27 in October.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2011, 05:14:51 AM »
Dinho.... to each his own! ah listen to it on radio and it didnt sound so... but you one up now because yuuh was dey! I goh wait for d video to make real statements!

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2011, 05:30:08 AM »
thank u Mr.Touches for reporting on the match...

not being critical but because we havent been playing any matches...u are also lacking writing practice....so I can imagine it can be a chore to come up with superlatives that u are so famously known for...

I was taken aback today..that you spent the $100 on the game and I thought to myself..why didnt the authorities that be...make the game FREE for the general public....or at least free for kids and school children and a 5 dollars to the adults to be used to clean up the mess after...

anyway thank u Mr.Touches....I look forward to your next...report ...maybe u can switch to the Politics section and give we a rundown on how d curfew seems to be affecting the people on d street.... :beermug:

Bless
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2011, 06:43:47 AM »
Wow.. This hadda be the most generous Touches match report I read in ages, look ah even seeing an acknowledgement of meh boy Seon Power.  :D

In some ways reading the comments here, I feel like i watch a different game to everybody else yes. Granted I reach on 15', allyuh have me wondering if dem boys show something before i reach.

First and foremost, let me say this and kiffysmooth ah want yuh to listen well..

If you are a veteran player, captain of our national team and playing against India of all people, and STILL looking like a shitong; so much so that the quiet crowd heartily applauds your substitution, you have no business on my national side Denzil Theobald!

The man was lala.. If he aint taking his time to make a carefully weighted bad pass, he holding onto the ball too long and breaking down the play. He misreading men runs and playing the ball where they aint go, and  furthermore his completed passes is only lateral and back. I know men does argue that is his role, to hold possession and make the simple pass but if that is yuh position yuh supposed to have a high percentage of passes completed. Basically the same complaints we hearing for years, bout time that get pelt.

Personally for me, the best players on the pitch were Hughton Hector, Seon Power, Hayden Tinto and Darryl Roberts.. Toussaint was excellent in he 10 minute run as well. I go take them men on the basis of this performance but besides that, give me my Hyland and Birchall in the middle, Daniel on the left and Carlos in the wing back when the qualifiers start thank you very much.

Overall though I not sure how men could be happy with the brand dey see out there today. Them men look lethargic and show a worrying lack of urgency and I was wondering if the hot humidity had something to do with it. When is time to press the play, men halting and playing the ball all the way back to the stoppers from India half. The wingers we had on was getting their markers on one v ones and refusing to take them on or try to run at dem. And them indian players, as soon as yuh hit them a one fan they getting confused. I would have like to see our wide players carry dem for a run. Instead, men giving up the responsibility and passing off with a predictability.

We need to encourage players like Hector, Tinto and Toussaint to express themselves in the game more, nutten aint wrong with carrying yuh man for a run or unsettling a man with a 2 shake. This pass-off/give-up-responsibility kinda play not hard to stifle against a marginally better and properly structured team.

Peeps, it cyah be only me that left that game feeling lil aggrieved and studying my $100 that jump up because everyone else in my uncovered section leave steupsing and grumbling and saying we not ready.

Matter of fact it was one of the most unfulfilling 3-0 wins I've witnessed and them fellas will need to pick it up a notch come qualifiers. Pfister heself too, is a friendly and you waiting till the 80th minute to send on subs?? What yuh expect to learn from those subs giving them 10 and 5 minute run out?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2011, 07:39:44 AM »
The Commentators were bigging up Hector as the creative player and accurate passer of the ball. Alvin especially.

He is quality .. with better players around him you will see the best from him.. he likes a fast tempo game.. plenty quick short passing stuff.. good movement and alot of vision

I expect big big things

I fully endorse yuh comments on Hector Smalls. He is class!

Thanks Touches....it's been too long since yuh last bless us with yuh talent bro.  :beermug:
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2011, 08:25:38 AM »
Excellent report Touches!!

I agree with you dinho, it is a very generous one, but all in all, first match in almost a year, new coach etc, it was a good showing.

I am excited for the games against Bermuda and Barbados!!

ah love it!!

ps@dinho: Nothing wrong with not bringing any subs........this is the last game before the WCQ, and i am sure he wanted to give men with the greatest chance of featuring in 12 days time a chance of getting match fit!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2011, 08:59:11 AM »
Ah see all kinda man talking bout why latas never call or pick roberts and seemed amazed, when i was telling allyuh all along that latas can't recognize talent even if it jump up on his nose and danced the jig.

ah want tuh hear what that dickweed diamondtrim have to say now.
Ah see all kinda man talking bout why latas never call or pick roberts and seemed amazed, when i was telling allyuh all along that latas can't recognize talent even if it jump up on his nose and danced the jig.

ah want tuh hear what that dickweed diamondtrim have to say now.

Darryl Roberts score two against india and your panties wet.......steups

Granted the man performance may have been better than his colleagues, but the perfomance has to be put into context of the opposition. When Lara score 3000 century against bangladesh yuh does jump and wine too??

If DR prove me wrong i go b d first to eat humble pie. But again...Darryl Roberts is a shitong.

I had the opportunity to train and play with David Nakhid very briefly years ago and I was impressed with his presence and vision. But as soon as he jump out of d caribbean teams he shit on heself. DR NEVER do nuttin....he cyah even make ah MLS team.

But doh worry padnah....he go come and sleep wit yuh jus now....yuh almost dey

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2011, 09:17:22 AM »
But again...Darryl Roberts is a shitong.

Damn...harsh...

In all fairness, relatively speaking (relative to our player pool that is) like him or not, he can't be that bad... Unless you know something that no one else does. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline truthseeker

• Sr. Warrior
  • Goal in yuh rucc**tunse
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2011, 10:21:26 AM »
Good report Breds. Good to know things are looking better...

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2011, 10:31:14 AM »
Contro...you cannot play stern and jones together, they are essentially the same type of strikers

yuh mean one does score and one dont ??

:six: Oh gorm big mag...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2011, 10:34:06 AM »
Touches.....the other sub was Guevera, and the players were sent to warm up at the town end at around 65 mins. But good report hoss.

Two things....Wolfe ain't no right back! He stood in and done his job, but he will be run ragged by a seasoned striker. Whats more, he wasn't playing as a wing back, so his real talent as a forward playing attacker was not utilised.

We had no left wing at all. No attacks from wing back or left midfield. Everything productive came down the right from Tinto, who looked willing and able to take on defenders. I felt the locals missed an opportunity to lock down their places, aside from Tinto and Powers.

Crowd was really disapointing. It was like a graveyard at first. In fact the damn nutsman was pissing me off and he was 30 yards away! Also, T&T anthem was pants. It was a steel drum version, but either the recording or the system was so poor, I felt it was an insult to the nation.

There was no marketing aside from perimeter boards. I saw the Carib girls outside the stadium, but not inside. No giveaways, entertainment, rhythm sections, nothing. Very, very poor. I felt robbed of my $200 and I can't see people rushing to spend another $200 when the Pro League starts and they can see the same players for $30 and get at least a little bit of entertainment to thank them for their money.

Real disapointed that Camps never got abuse. I booed, and everyone just looked at me! 

Oh yeah, Stern scored a superb goal with best move of the match in first half, but it was offside!

Then, to cap it all, we were kicked out of Frankies at 10.30 because of the State of Emergency. Personally, I think Kamla is over reacting. We weren't brilliant, but its no emergency lol

:D That's funny!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2011, 10:41:16 AM »

Nice!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2011, 10:42:31 AM »
Contro...you cannot play stern and jones together, they are essentially the same type of strikers

yuh mean one does score and one dont ??

:six: Oh gorm big mag...

LOST BALL
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2011, 10:59:53 AM »
Real disapointed that Camps never got abuse. I booed, and everyone just looked at me! 

:D
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2011, 11:34:15 AM »

It may have been unfulfilling to you but not to Pfister. He got what he wanted with little talent available to him. I am 100% sure that the last 2 coaches would have made a meal of this Indian team. We might have even lost to them. I saw India that last time they were in T&T and we DID NOT dominate them. And, this was the strike squad. I expect big but nail-biting stuff from Pfister. And yes , I will say this, Thank God we have a disciplined and knowledgeable white man coaching us again. Mark this post! If Pfister stays we WILL qualify. BTW has everyone forgotten that Julius James is still available.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2011, 11:40:58 AM »

I will support this disorganised WC qualification campaign on one condition! That we all agree to boo Mr Camps whenever we see him at a football game or anywhere else for that matter! Can't have FS booing alone by himself like if is one he who really cares about change in the TTFF!

If allyuh could agree to that then I happy for now to throw my support behind this campaign that Flex has aptly dubbed " Road to Rio Claro"!  8)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 11:42:40 AM by Socapro »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2011, 11:55:39 AM »

I will support this disorganised WC qualification campaign on one condition! That we all agree to boo Mr Camps whenever we see him at a football game or anywhere else for that matter! Can't have FS booing alone by himself like if is one he who really cares about change in the TTFF!

If allyuh could agree to that then I happy for now to throw my support behind this campaign that Flex has aptly dubbed " Road to Rio Claro"!  8)
       Come on Soca,that and all we doh want to do,just to boo Mr Camps too hard,how we expect change to come,ah tell you Trinis really love they Football.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2011, 11:57:05 AM »
I'm not surprised that Stern tackled well. He's always had this ability. I've been saying since post 2006, that in his later years Stern could be an asset in midfield or defence.

He's strong, tackles well and his ability to distribute from the back with either foot is amazing. He could surprise a lot of people.

As a forward, SJ may not play in Brazil but he could help us get there.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2011, 12:03:56 PM »

Then you should not be on board. Booing does not phase a failure. he may then ask the question, "was  I doing something right before? "

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2011, 12:16:39 PM »

Actually,  this is exactly how I hear the commentators calling the game. Same exact comments. Even down to Pfister. So if you went the game and dais wha you see too, I'm inclined to agree with you.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2011, 12:17:02 PM »
as expected the prcatice champ (Bleeder) did not do much. I hope coach ready to play Birchall and Hyland in the middle and keep Bleeder out the starting line up. in fact i hope he was just captain for this game

Bleeder need to play many games like this one.
http://www.uefa.com/trainingground/training/drills/video/videoid=1473827.html?autoplay=true
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2011, 12:21:12 PM »

Then you should not be on board. Booing does not phase a failure. he may then ask the question, "was  I doing something right before? "

RE: Booing Camps!!
You would be surprised that this can ultimately have an effect on Camps if we do it consistently!
Problem is we won't even try!!

When the world is watching during qualifiers depending on how far we progress in the campaign, consistently booing him will lead to international embarrassment for Camps!

The world media will eventually want to interview us fans about why we are booing the president and we can then explain to them how he has consistently failed our football but refuses to resign because of all the travelling perks etc he will lose!

So I say booing and showing our displeasure with Camps is better than staying quiet and making it look to the outside world that T&T fans are happy with the status quo!

It is worth the effort, so I say support the campaign for now but Boo the man in charge as he fully deserves it!!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 12:29:41 PM by Socapro »

1]; } ?>