April 26, 2024, 04:37:21 AM

Author Topic: Limited State of Emergency....  (Read 162137 times)

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Limited State of Emergency....
« Reply #1290 on: November 26, 2011, 02:06:53 AM »
Thanks alot man...Really appreciated. Watching this from a foreigner's viewpoint really puts things into perspective...!!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: November 26, 2011, 06:23:24 AM »
I now coming to post the link.....interesting!! 

Edit:

@17:05 - 17:12  "The SOE does nothing to dismantle the industry"  WOW!!   :o :o Really??!!  What a revelation!!  ::)

@19:00 - 19:43  paraphrasing "The big fish eh getting hold but the little boys are.  Dem boys could be replaced so how the crime goh stop??"   Really??!!  Wow!!  What a revelation!!   :o ::)

@ 20:05 - 21:20  Gary Griffith tries to BS the reporter.....damn arse!!

Conclusion.....the reporter and Channel 14/Unreported World are PNM supporters!!!    ::) ::)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 06:52:13 AM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: November 26, 2011, 06:58:12 AM »
Behind the scenes on the making of the documentary....the reporter's grandmother lives in Trinidad....

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/unreported-world/articles/trinidad-the-making-of-guns-drugs-and-secrets
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: November 26, 2011, 09:00:23 AM »
Give thanks, Brownsugar.

Trinidad & Tobago: the latest chapter in Mano Dura policies ... don't expect the outcomes and consequences to be significantly different from those of the previous chapters elsewhere.

Pretty soon some particularly attuned mind will arrive at a "solution" ... one I'm sure no UWI criminologist has on the floor for discussion.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: November 26, 2011, 10:15:01 AM »
Give thanks, Brownsugar.

Trinidad & Tobago: the latest chapter in Mano Dura policies ... don't expect the outcomes and consequences to be significantly different from those of the previous chapters elsewhere.

Pretty soon some particularly attuned mind will arrive at a "solution" ... one I'm sure no UWI criminologist has on the floor for discussion.

Doh say that nah, people eh really watching that scene, so doh say to loud. Leh we cross we fingers and hope not.  :timeout: :nailbiting:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: November 26, 2011, 11:13:30 AM »
History, my friend, is prone to repeating itself ... albeit with modifications.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: November 26, 2011, 05:46:21 PM »
The unpleasant reality of all of this is that the TNT we grew up is no longer the same...

Sadly the poor people will always pay for the sins of the rich..

..the reality is that we are only 7 miles from Venezuela and I wouldnt want to be in the shoes of the Coast Guard....it is an almost impossible task rounding up boats on a 24 hour basis similar to the Mexico to US border crossing....

The focus here shouldn't be whether the SOE have averted or changed anything but what is worrying is the level of Corruption...

Policy change at the grassroots level about instructing children what is right and wrong (be it religious institutions, schools, family life, mentoring et al) maybe the only way to go because the elder generation have destroyed the social fabric which will take generations to bring back whatever social values we ever had growing up in that wonderful country....
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: November 27, 2011, 05:33:20 PM »
The unpleasant reality of all of this is that the TNT we grew up is no longer the same...

Sadly the poor people will always pay for the sins of the rich..

..the reality is that we are only 7 miles from Venezuela and I wouldnt want to be in the shoes of the Coast Guard....it is an almost impossible task rounding up boats on a 24 hour basis similar to the Mexico to US border crossing....

The focus here shouldn't be whether the SOE have averted or changed anything but what is worrying is the level of Corruption...

Policy change at the grassroots level about instructing children what is right and wrong (be it religious institutions, schools, family life, mentoring et al) maybe the only way to go because the elder generation have destroyed the social fabric which will take generations to bring back whatever social values we ever had growing up in that wonderful country....

My father was telling me (he fishes) that from the mang in Venezuela to anywhere on the beach in Quinam, Siparia area, Morne Diablo is 20 minutes tops.

One reason the big boat and them would have been a great addition to the fight against drugs and guns.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: November 27, 2011, 07:36:21 PM »
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/unreported-world/articles/trinidad-the-making-of-guns-drugs-and-secrets

Unreported World
Trinidad: The Making of Guns, Drugs and Secrets

Friday 25 November 2011

Reporter Seyi Rhodes took us to the island home of his ancestors to examine Trinidad's shocking transformation from carnival island to Caribbean murder capital in Trinidad: Guns, Drugs and Secrets.

I love Trinidad. My grandma lives in Trinidad. It's a beautiful country populated by laid-back fun-loving people. The food is great, the drinks are wonderful and even the tentacles of American culture (the most profitable branch of KFC in the world) haven't diluted the culture of the island and its people too much. It's a paradise island in more ways than one. If you want to chill on the beach with beautiful people you can do that here. If you want to dig for oil there's lots of that too. Even bankers are welcome in Trinidad's thriving financial services sector. If you're a drug smuggler then the island is filled with coves and inlets in which you can hide your activities from prying eyes.

But (and there was always going to be a but) everyone wants a piece of paradise, and those willing to take it without asking often end up with the lion's share. That's what seems to be happening in Trinidad, with international narco-traffickers moving in and using the island as a part of their global smuggling operation. Where the smugglers go, so does corruption and before you know it you're living in Mexico or Guatemala - countries where official corruption has permeated deeply.

It's already hard to understand the government's position on many issues. They cancelled a £150 million contract for 3 new coast guard boats this year, claiming they were too expensive, but many in the know told me they were essential in the fight against drug and gunrunners.

The state of emergency itself is another good example of this seemingly disjointed approach. On the 15th August the government introduced new Anti-Gang legislation. As one local lawyer explained, "The act was copied and pasted from a similar law in America, or somewhere - but we don't know how to make it work." Seven days after the act was made law, the Government introduced a State of Emergency - citing gang violence as the main reason. The police dutifully rounded up all the gang members they knew of and stuck them in prison. The problem was in the wording of the anti-gang act. It turned out the only evidence of gang membership that could be accepted in court had to come from before 15th August. Unfortunately the police didn't know that. As a result most of the alleged gang members were released.

The state of emergency wasn't designed to deal with official corruption and hasn't managed to net any major drug traffickers. It's aimed at the street-level crime that affects people on a day-to-day basis, but offers no sustainable solution to the country's problems. In many ways it could be making things worse. Most of the released gang members plan to sue the government for unfairly imprisoning them, which could prove costly.

Meanwhile in the poorest areas it's clear that gangster culture has taken over. With no clear route into any of the legitimate industries that are thriving here, young men go for the seemingly glamorous option of selling drugs for a living. And its not just drugs - kidnapping and extortion have been increasingly common too.

Beyond all this, many Trinidadian people feel the state of emergency's nightly curfew is destroying their favourite occupation "liming". Liming is a national past time and basically involves hanging out with friends. Everyone does it most evenings. Trinis love to lime.

The people I met seemed to openly acknowledge that the State of Emergency won't solve Trinidad's long-term problems. They feel corruption and white-collar crime are getting out of hand. They told me all sorts of stories about businesses, specific politicians and well-known police officers. Criminologists and journalists repeated many of these allegations. But for the moment nobody could prove them, and nobody would go on record. Even the government representative shrugged off my question about corrupt politicians. "Yes, there will always be corrupt politicians", he said as if that meant nothing. That doesn't bode well for Trinidad's future.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: December 08, 2011, 05:39:21 PM »
Well the arseness has finally come to an end......I just have to shake mih head in wonderment yes.....the thing that struck me most about this whole thing is that people who supposed to be able to think logically and see through dotishness was supporting this madness......that is the thing that struck me the most.  The only thing I have been able to come up with is that we had really reach the depths of desperation.......

One a related note, here's one commentator's take on Gary Griffith's interview in the Guns, Drugs and secrets video and the SOE by extension.....

Big fish, little fish and an ocean of lies
By Michael Harris

A friend has forwarded to me the link containing the interview which National Security Advisor to the Prime Minister, Capt Gary Griffith, gave to a reporter from the UK in which he seemed to imply that the

Judiciary in this country had corrupt persons. That statement by Capt Griffith was roundly condemned by the Judiciary in an official response and Capt Griffith was forced to apologise.

But while the contempt for the judiciary which could have been inferred from Capt Griffith's statement captured the news headlines, certain even more significant and frightening aspects of his responses to the interviewer have been completely overlooked.

Capt Griffith's statements came at the tail-end of a video documentary entitled Guns, Drugs and Secrets aired by Channel Four in the UK and featured this country's State of Emergency. The question put by the Channel Four reporter Seyi Rhodes to Capt Griffith was as follows: "It's probably no surprise to you to hear that every person I speak to in Trinidad, when I ask them where the drugs and the guns come from, they tell me that the ports, the customs authorities, the Coast Guard and the police are a 100 per cent involved in the trafficking of drugs and guns. Why are you not focusing on that?"

Capt Griffith replied: "Every country in the world will have corrupt police officers, will have corrupt persons in the Judiciary, will have corrupt politicians. That is not an avenue to call a State of Emergency. We needed a State of Emergency to stop law abiding citizens of this country from being killed." (For the benefit of my readers who may wish to view the documentary themselves I am inserting the web address http://www.channel4.com/programmes/unreported-world/4od#3259570.

What, apart from his comments about the Judiciary, is particularly stunning about Capt Griffith's response is the admission that the SoE was never intended to capture the "big fish" in the guns and drugs trade. How else are we to interpret his statement that corruption "is not an avenue to call a State of Emergency"?

But if that statement was not enough, Capt Griffith, who was described by the reporter as "one of the architects of the State of Emergency and one of its most outspoken supporters", went on to state that dealing with the big fish is a matter for legislation and reminded the reporter that such legislation in the UK "took years to be implemented".

This startling admission by Capt Griffith that the State of Emergency was never intended to capture any "big fish" has to be placed in the context of the fact that from the very beginning of the SoE there have been numerous voices raised questioning the fact that only "little fish" were being arrested and carted off to jail while there was not a single case of the arrest of a "big fish". Indeed this argument was taken further by some people to suggest that it was only persons from the areas of opposition PNM support (read "young black men") who were being arrested.

This widespread perception prompted the Express in its editorial of September 3 to write as follows: "This does not negate the concern that the individuals being held are only "small fry" and the big fish are more likely to live in upper-class areas and even belong to a non-Afro ethnic group.

After all, if it is the drug trade which is directly or indirectly behind most violent crimes in T&T, then that trade cannot function without white-collar functionaries. These big fish must certainly be hooked at some point if the Government is to justify the State of Emergency." It was the same Capt Griffith who, in response to a charge from Opposition Leader, Keith Rowley, soon after the SoE was implemented, that the Government was playing favourites in its selection of curfew areas, stated that, "Dr Rowley should cease his feeble attempt at throwing red herrings, when this Government is busy trying to catch big fish."

And it was the ever-garrulous Attorney General, Anand Ramlogan, who sought to reassure the population that the Government was indeed going after the "big fish" by arguing that "The idea that we are not going after the big fish is not correct, you know.

"People seem to think that these gang leaders and these gangs are small fries. The gangs that we are after are big fish."

In the light of all of this, Capt Griffith's statement to the UK interviewer that the SoE was never intended to go after the "big fish" can mean one of two things.

It can be taken either as a post facto justification of the failure of the SoE, or it can mean that from the very beginning the Government was feeding the population a diet of lies.

In this context, and given the latest allegations about a plot to assassinate the Prime Minister and other Ministers, we would do well to note a statement made by the Attorney General as far back as November 2, in an address to an international conference on Gangs, Violence and Governance, held at the Learning Resource Centre at the St Augustine campus of the University of the West Indies.

On that occasion the AG had this to say: "One of the worrying trends picked up during the State of Emergency was not just the quantity of arms and ammunition that were recovered, but it had to do with the quality, the high-range, high-powered, sophisticated nature of some of the weapons.. I am advised by our security agencies that some of the guns that were recovered have a range and capability that make it a joke to assassinate a president or a prime minister."

Of course it may be that our Attorney General is a very astute and prescient individual.

Or it may just be that our Government has the entire country swimming in an ocean of lies. You be the judge.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/commentaries/Big_fish__little_fish_and_an_ocean_of_lies-135006948.html
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #1300 on: May 29, 2012, 06:54:17 AM »
Gibbs: Murders on the rise

Originally printed at http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Gibbs__Murders_on_the_rise-155218355.html
By Gyasi Gonzales gyasi.gonzales@trinidadexpress.com
May 28, 2012

Police Commissioner Dwayne Gibbs said yesterday that in the last two months of 2012 there has been a resurgence of homicides.

Up to May 28 last year there were 161 murders.

Up to yesterday, however, the murder toll stood at 166, with a total of 35 homicides between April 1 and April 30 while there were 40 between May 1 and May 28.

Gibbs said significant strides were made during the State of Emergency which lasted from August until the beginning of December in terms of intelligence gathering and knowing who the main crime players were.

"Into 2012, however, we have seen a resurgence in homicides in the last two months and we are now trying to determine why it is happening and what has changed," he said.

Gibbs added, "During the State of Emergency we gained a lot of intelligence in organised crime groups and we set up the Gang Suppression Unit which focuses on intelligence and sets out to predict where the next violent act will break out."

Gibbs was speaking at a National Security Ministry review of its security policies which was held at Crowne Plaza, Port of Spain, yesterday.

Present were National Security Minister John Sandy, Chief of Defence Staff Brig Kenrick Maharaj, Prisons Commissioner Martin Martinez and Chief Fire Officer Carl Williams.

Gibbs outlined his own plans to combat crime by expanding the 21st Century Policing initiative in the Police's Northern and Port of Spain Divisions.

He also announced that closed circuit television cameras were going to be installed in other hot-spot areas which he said would assist greatly in their deployments strategies. The police will also continue their warrant exercises, he added.

"We can start by working together and also promote training and education and we have to have clearly defined plans for getting there and we will rely on every group and organisation working with us to tell us what they have been doing to deal with the crime issues because we cannot do it alone," said Gibbs.

He continued, "we've gotta look at the affected youth and create opportunities that goes past mere survival needs but rather opportunities for them to reach their potential."

He said that he even spoke to some of the young men in so-called disadvantaged communities and what he found disturbing was that 20 -year-olds did not see any future for themselves but rather they wanted opportunities to be extended to those young men younger than themselves, "but this is where this group, especially the business and religious groups, can help because these young people have a lot of potential but they just don't have the opportunities to use this potential."

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: May 29, 2012, 07:42:05 AM »
Gibbs added, "During the State of Emergency we gained a lot of intelligence in organised crime groups and we set up the Gang Suppression Unit which focuses on intelligence and sets out to predict where the next violent act will break out."

Not really working eh? Tell you what, Mr Gibbs, give me TT$15k per month and I'll tell you where the next violent act will break out. Here's some freebies.... East Dry River, Morvant, Laventille

Why don't you just police these areas and let the many good people there have their lives back?

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: August 20, 2012, 11:43:58 PM »

Well I think this is the aniversary of the SOE, I was one who felt it should be given time to work and wanted to believe that it was part of a larger plan or strategy to reduce crime in TT.

To all the people that I argued with, I have to say you were right and I was wrong.
 This government is no better than the last even worse.
 It would seem that politicians in Trinidad are just big big liars who really don't give a hoot.

Have we reached the point when we can start asking for definitions of failed state ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: August 21, 2012, 05:59:14 AM »
7 MORE DIE
Murder toll rises as SoE anniversary nears

By Jensen LaVende and Nikita Braxton-Benjamin

Seven murders have marred the Eid-ul-Fitr holiday weekend, pushing the murder toll to 263. These are seven more than the comparative period for 2011.

Around the same period last year, 11 people were killed between Thursday, August 18, and Sunday, August 21, with three people being shot dead on Sunday.

These killings led to the declaration by the Government of a state of emergency, which lasted from August 22 to December 5.

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar had announced on the night of August 21, 2011, that the country was under a limited state of emergency, beginning midnight August 22, 2011.

Today, several trade unions will stage a silent protest outside the Hall of Justice, Port of Spain, from 9 a.m. to mark the anniversary.

The first victim this past holiday weekend was Prisca Babolal, of Clear Water Gardens, Rio Claro, who was killed while paying workers their salaries around 2 p.m. on Friday.

Ayanna Williams was the next to die. She was shot dead around 3.25 a.m. on Saturday.

Police said Williams, 30, of Pelican Street Extension, Morvant, would normally tip off fellow gang members about the whereabouts of their enemies. Williams was shot 13 times and died on the spot.

Police said a man approached the small house, broke through the front door and opened fire as Williams and her boyfriend, Michael Bynoe, slept.

Arima native Israel Fernandez was the third to be killed. Fernandez was at the Guarata Village, Maracas Valley, home of his father, when around 11.30 a.m. he received a call on his cellphone.

Fernandez walked out of the house to continue the conversation, when a gunman walked up to him and opened fire. Residents heard the gunshots and, when they came outside, saw Fernandez's body in a drain.

Fernandez's killing was followed by that of Andel Seales. Seales was the first of four to be killed on Sunday. According to police reports, the 26-year-old Independence Avenue, San Fernando, man was stabbed in the chest by a man he knew, following an argument at a bar in the area. The incident occurred around 12.30 a.m. on Sutton Street.

Sixty-four-year-old Leela Deonarinesingh, of Oli Mohammed Trace, Rochard Road, Barrackpore, was the second to die that day. Around 9.15 a.m., Deonarinesingh's bludgeoned body was discovered by her visually impaired husband. A 20-year-old neighbour was caught on camera cutting a hole in a chain-link fence just after 1 a.m. and is in police custody, assisting them with their investigations.

Around 8 p.m. on Sunday, Malabar resident Kelvin McMillan was shot dead after witnessing the shooting of 20-year-old Diego Martin resident Andwella McDavid. McDavid was shot while sitting in a car parked along Unity Road, Diego Martin, and is warded at the Port of Spain General Hospital in a serious condition.

After being shot four times, McMillan went to his mother's house, where he collapsed on the living room floor and died.

The final murder happened an hour and 15 minutes later. Adrian Adams was shot and killed near his McBean, Couva, home after he had returned from a wake. Police said Adams, 20, who refused to attend a thanksgiving because of threats made to his life, was shot nearby.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/7_MORE_DIE-166845376.html
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: August 21, 2012, 06:04:31 AM »

Well I think this is the aniversary of the SOE, I was one who felt it should be given time to work and wanted to believe that it was part of a larger plan or strategy to reduce crime in TT. To all the people that I argued with, I have to say you were right and I was wrong.
 This government is no better than the last even worse.
 It would seem that politicians in Trinidad are just big big liars who really don't give a hoot.

Have we reached the point when we can start asking for definitions of failed state ?

That was my point from the beginning.....It wasn't.  It was just like everything else this government does.  It was done by vaps, without thought, planning or vision.   So I eh surprised it eh wuk.
But fishs, doh hut yuh head at least yuh come out and admit you were wrong.  Ah still waiting for ah next fella who was giving it six months to work......like he still waiting.  I eh sure what is he definition of 6 months...... :whistling:   ::)
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: August 21, 2012, 02:16:21 PM »
The only strategy this Pathethic Posse have is to hoodwink people and they very good at thst. Nuff of u were hoodwink in believing that they were a viable option to run this country. I ask again where were you all between 1995-2001?

An SOE could never be part of any long term strategy to deal with crime. It could never be a part of a crime strategy. The fact that we had a SOE only shows we are a State In Emergency.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: August 21, 2012, 05:01:24 PM »
black hen chickens, oh black hen chikens!!!!!!!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: August 21, 2012, 05:41:37 PM »
Why allyuh eating the sensationalism by the media? Crime is the lowest it has ever been for the past 3 years.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

truetrini

« Reply #1308 on: August 21, 2012, 06:51:17 PM »
Everything happening in the country is one man fault.  And that man is Patrick Manning.

He called the elections, he was the one NOT listening to moderate voices, he is the one that gave way to hubris and arrogance.

he is the one who believed that God ordained him to lead.

He and the PNM squandered two oil booms doing shit, putting building before people and ignoring the rising tide of lawlessness and a slowing economy.

he is the one who allowed Calder Hart to tief we blind and he is the one who still in the shadows causing trouble for the PNM and Rowley.

who vex f**king lorse.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: August 21, 2012, 07:41:03 PM »
Everything happening in the country is one man fault.  And that man is Patrick Manning.

He called the elections, he was the one NOT listening to moderate voices, he is the one that gave way to hubris and arrogance.

He and the PNM squandered two oil booms doing shit, putting building before people and ignoring the rising tide of lawlessness and a slowing economy.

he is the one who allowed Calder Hart to tief we blind and he is the one who still in the shadows causing trouble for the PNM and Rowley.

who vex f**king lorse.

I not vex....all this is true as far as I could see..... got the sense that callin d election was ah bad mind move though.....after givin it some real thought and little tings yuh hear later on.....nobody could convince me dat he really tort he would win now, hubris or not...............it was pure bad mind IMO
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 07:44:27 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

truetrini

« Reply #1310 on: August 21, 2012, 08:20:43 PM »
Give thought to the isue that it may have been more of a legal move than a political move...things to make you go hmmmm

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: August 21, 2012, 08:37:45 PM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Lime_continues_despite_dead_body-166720536.html

Even as the body of a murdered man lay nearby, the lime did not stop for dozens of bar patrons in San Fernando yesterday morning.

Andel Seales, 26, of Independence Avenue, San Fernando, died at Sutton Street after being stabbed by a man whom he knew.

Police were told that around 12.30 a.m, Seales and another man were walking along Sutton Street when they were approached by the suspect near the Bethel Gospel Hall.

Seales argued with the man who pulled a knife and stabbed him in the chest before running off.

Seales died before paramedics arrived.

Near the crime scene, several bars were open for business and the music and lime continued while crime scene investigators cordoned off a section of the street.

"The party still have to go on. Not because he dead the party must stop," one patron told Express photographer Trevor Watson.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

truetrini

« Reply #1312 on: August 21, 2012, 08:41:47 PM »
Rioting in John John all now, residents say that police shot an unarmed man..police says he has a gun

truetrini

« Reply #1313 on: August 21, 2012, 08:44:35 PM »

who vex f**king lorse.

I not vex....all this is true as far as I could see..... got the sense that callin d election was ah bad mind move though.....after givin it some real thought and little tings yuh hear later on.....nobody could convince me dat he really tort he would win now, hubris or not...............it was pure bad mind IMO

Nah not no bad mind, he felt God was on he side and dat he was going to win!  No way he was calling elections without feeling he was going to win..bad mind was to call elections and rsign throwing the party into shit and disarray.  Bad mind and he wanted to hold on as political leader?  nah he feel he was going to win despite what man tell him...is de woman who was whispering in he ears that he believe not de polls not he advisors..is de woman.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: August 21, 2012, 08:46:40 PM »
She still hiding or they stop looking for her?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: August 21, 2012, 09:00:27 PM »

who vex f**king lorse.

Nah not no bad mind, he felt God was on he side and dat he was going to win!  No way he was calling elections without feeling he was going to win..bad mind was to call elections and rsign throwing the party into shit and disarray.  Bad mind and he wanted to hold on as political leader?  nah he feel he was going to win despite what man tell him...is de woman who was whispering in he ears that he believe not de polls not he advisors..is de woman.

u hear all kinda ting...dat jack an' dem give d woman money to send manning tumblin dong d rabbit hole, dong to d date and all, dat he manning stood a chance ah loosing d MoNC against him and said not a shit ah dat and called election to try and clean house........but I believe win or loose he would have effected ah big "fuuck all ah alyuh, is I build this and is I to mash it up" doh put it past d arrogant fuucker.
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: August 22, 2012, 06:48:19 AM »
Bravo :applause: Truetrini. Refreshing breath of fresh air devoid of partisanship.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: August 22, 2012, 09:01:43 AM »
Trinis always like to inject conspiracy into everything. Manning called the elections because he thought he would win. He tried to take advantage of perceived disarray in the opposition (The split between the COP faction and the rest of the UNC). With a divided opposition, he thought that not only would he win, but that he would decimate the opposition. He underestimated the willingness of all the various opposition groups to join together and also the ability to quickly organize and mount a coherent campaign.

If he pulls it off, it's brilliant, since he did not, he continues to be a goat.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

truetrini

« Reply #1318 on: August 22, 2012, 09:19:35 AM »
Even with the opposition in disarray, his disapproval was so high that he ran a risk of losing still and even if he won, he was going to lose significant seats in parliament...why take the risk?  He thought God was leading and directing him...believe that!

People were just tired of his high handedness and arrogance

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: August 23, 2012, 07:11:06 AM »
Trinis always like to inject conspiracy into everything. Manning called the elections because he thought he would win. He tried to take advantage of perceived disarray in the opposition (The split between the COP faction and the rest of the UNC). With a divided opposition, he thought that not only would he win, but that he would decimate the opposition. He underestimated the willingness of all the various opposition groups to join together and also the ability to quickly organize and mount a coherent campaign.
If he pulls it off, it's brilliant, since he did not, he continues to be a goat.

That is where we digress.  I wouldn't chalk it up to a coherent campaign.  People was just blasted vex with Patrick and he foolishness.....if it was not that how do you explain Arima, Bon Air West/Lopinot, D'abadie, Sando West and a couple other seats the PP should not have won??   As TT say, Patrick really, really, really underestimated how upset people were with him myself included.......

And that's why we need constitutional reform.  Two terms and yuh gone!!  However as the days go by I realise we eh getting that reform from this bunch......firetruckers!!!!
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

1]; } ?>