April 27, 2024, 11:26:50 AM

Author Topic: Limited State of Emergency....  (Read 162372 times)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Limited State of Emergency....
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2011, 07:16:40 AM »
I doh know nuttn bout exportin coke but that seem like ah real amateur attempt at getting things out

big bright suitcases and bricks in big bright blankets??.... going to the U.S. of all places?
dem does watch carribbean planes like hawks...how dat was ever gettin troo anywhere?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2011, 07:24:01 AM »
dey does call dem drug mule
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2011, 07:26:05 AM »
Press conference on now on I95.5fm.....its a replay of the press conference last night.

http://www.i955fm.com/
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2011, 07:37:38 AM »
They hold a 19yr man/boy for the 22million in coke and put him before the courts, why in god's name they did not offer the lil fella some nice money and witness protection to start the trail to the big men?

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Fishs, you living outside ah while now??  What witness protection you talking about??   :rotfl: :rotfl:

6 weeks outside 3 weeks home.
Ah hear about our so called witness protection programme but for the possibilities , the US DEA could get involved and help out , but supporter say the man sing , so things happening maybe.

Thats my take on it, I have no proof or whispers. From what I've read, the youth worked at Piarco, so maybe he thought he had links that would get him through? By accounts I've heard, he wasn't discreet, driving pimped up cars with LEDs in the wheels at 19, so it probably wasn't his first such venture.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2011, 07:40:34 AM »
I in favor...

Ah mean at the very least i could say dey trying something and letting them criminals know that shit serious. All the talk of measures and programs, and this and that, nobody taking them on and dem bandits eh seeing no consequences.

The crime situation out here real outta hand. That scene in Arima.. The S is that they call a hit on a man and they just went into the area in Jonestown, Arima and start firing indiscriminately. People run everywhere to take cover, the guy they was looking for run into a shop along with some other people and they spray the whole shop. An innocent woman who went to buy a loaf got shot as well.

Light ah fire under dey ass I say. I see some people saying discrimination, but I also remember people in them same hotspots was calling for this when it was first discussed in the Ken Gordon report. People in some zones living in fear, coming home from work and cant get a taxi to reach inside because is war going on and every night is gunshots ringing out.

I mean, I too aint know how they plan to make this work with the limited zones scene but i waiting to hear more details.

Like i say.... At least dey trying something.

This only underscores how reactionary and ass-backward the idea is. Supposed them gunmen and dem was from San Juan... locking down Arima doing what exactly?  Matter of fact if I was a "community leader" from D'Abadie and I have beef with another "community leader" from Mausica... now self I going and shoot up Mausica so they could lock it down and send all de business my way.
Bakes, I always value your opinion.  Regardless of what argmuments yuh does get into, I like the way your mind thinks.  

That said, why not do a state of emergency, limited or otherwise?  Truth is nothing else eh working so like Dinho say, I in favor..

I eh want to here no political nonsense becuase PNM couldn't handle it for 10 years and now the PP struggling like hell to deal with the crime situation in their 1 plus years in power.  Maybe because I'm living in the US, but this crime screne wreaks fear of visiting and for the people currently living in trini it got to be downright frightening.  

Unlike most, I willing to give the gov't a fair chance to deal with the situation but others simply always have a pessimestic view of everything relating to the PP....  Albeit, political gesturing like Rowley.  Damn jackass.  The opposition in trini does just oppose for opposing sake... Rowley, Panday, same khaki pants.  

One thing I'll say and I agree this is a poor example, when 911 happen in the US, the opposition totally supported President Bush and right now the PNM need to support the govt and stop this political gesturing....  Everyone eh go agree but my two cents.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2011, 08:00:30 AM »
$22M is rel paper dread , hmmm. Hard luck for that drug lord
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2011, 08:11:42 AM »
Arima, without strong opposition, you get weak government, thats why PNM got away so long. I don't always agree with Rowley, but its his job to voice the peoples opposition to certain policies. It doesn't mean he would do different or has all the answers. Governments need to be held to account and thats the job of the opposition. He may well support the SOE, but judging by some comments here, not everyone feels its necessary.

9/11 was extreme, an act of terrorism and therefore a SOE was justifyable. 11 murders in 3 days is hardly an emergency. Especially when you consider that 7 happened in 2 incidents. Its like saying close down the highways coz you had 2 bad accidents in a weekend.

Maybe I'm being blase, but these murders did not shock too many people. I have no idea what the soloution is, but better policing is required. This is not a big country. T&T is the size of an average US city. London has 6 times as many people. It cannot be that difficult to clamp down. London had around 130 murders in 2009, with a population over 7 million. New York had 466 in 2009 in a population over 8 million.

In the 21st century, T&T rates the worlds sixth highest murder rate with 43 murders per 100,000, compared to UK with 1.58.

Of course, the proximity to the South American drug trade and the US markets don't help, but then, London is pretty close to Europes drug capital, Holland and is a transit point for shipments from Pakistan, Afghanistan & Turkey.

As I've said, I'm not sure what the answer is, but outside help is needed. This island cannot be that difficult to police. Maybe the army should be tasked for anti gang activities?

After 9/11, I read that a think tank was created made up of movie directors, thriller writers like Tom Clancy (who actually wrote a book about terrorists crashing a plane into the Capitol before 9/11). The idea is that fiction is actually likely to become fact. Criminals think outside of the box, and therefore the authorities are often caught out. This think tank are given certain situations and then asked to devise how terrorists would carry through their plans. This is then passed to law enforcement agencies who would then investigate the credibility of these scenarios.

Maybe the police here are too many steps behind the gangs. Maybe Clancy and friends should come to Trini and help us out?

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2011, 08:19:51 AM »
I say put the whole country under curfew and weed out di bandits and crooksdem..

war
good job TNT
Black Lives Matter..

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2011, 08:20:24 AM »
Would be interesting to hear what the actual tactical approach is.

SOE by itself doh really mean much.  
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2011, 08:30:17 AM »
I read the law enforcement people, can search any premises without a warrant. Look action up in Laventille today
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2011, 08:47:20 AM »
I say put the whole country under curfew and weed out di bandits and crooksdem..

war
good job TNT

Thing is, War, it effects everyone not just the crims. Last Weds I had to drive to Mount Hope just after midnight as I had extreme pain from a gum infection. If that happened tonight, what would I do? These police have itchy trigger fingers at the best of times. I understand we have to make sacrifices, but we also need to live in a free society. The many good people living in these "hotspots" no doubt want to have their fear removed, but do they also want to be imprisoned, so all they do is work and come home? And what about the effects on the bars, restaurants and clubs and tourism in Tobago? Imagime how afraid these tourists in Tobago will be. They sure ain't coming back. And govts aall over the world advising people not to travel to T&T. It may only last  15 days, but that impression of T&T will stick in the minds of some for years. So much for boosting tourism.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2011, 08:54:05 AM »
Arima, without strong opposition, you get weak government, thats why PNM got away so long. I don't always agree with Rowley, but its his job to voice the peoples opposition to certain policies. It doesn't mean he would do different or has all the answers. Governments need to be held to account and thats the job of the opposition. He may well support the SOE, but judging by some comments here, not everyone feels its necessary.

9/11 was extreme, an act of terrorism and therefore a SOE was justifyable. 11 murders in 3 days is hardly an emergency. Especially when you consider that 7 happened in 2 incidents. Its like saying close down the highways coz you had 2 bad accidents in a weekend.

Who says the opposition cannot agree with something the gov't does?  Therein lies the problem.  The opposition should support the crime initiative and stop with the political pandering.  I would agree that this gov't in totality is not doing a great job but it's not like the prior regime didn't have a massive amount of time to resolve the crime situation and they also failed miserably.  If you feel because of them 7 murders is the reason for the SOE, then you are sorely mistaken.  This crime situation bad for the past decade.

The opposition sounding like the replublicans in the US who don't want the ecomony to be successful because if it does they have no chance of being re-elected. 

Look out for the good of the nation.  I'll be the first one to say, I don't know the specifics of the SOE and how it will work, but I do know there are some military powers that they can use to take out the "bandits".  Is the common citizen that is living in fear and whatever they do to get eradicate the bandits I for it.  I just cannot take the political grandstanding.... 
Arimian to meh heart

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2011, 09:07:53 AM »
My very good sources have revealed the following

Designated Hot Spots that will see curfew from 9pm to 5am

The City of Port of Spain -
• St. James East• St. James West• Woodbrook• Northern Port of Spain• Belmont East• Belmont North & West• Southern Port of Spain• East Dry River• St. Ann’s River South• St. Ann’s River Central• St. Ann’s River North• Belmont South

The City of San Fernando –
• Cocoyea/Tarouba• Les Efforts East/Cipero• Les Efforts West/La Romain• Marabella East• Marabella South/Vistabella• Marabella West• Mon Repos/Navet• Pleasantville• Spring Vale/Paradise

The Borough of Arima –
• Calvary• Arima North East• Arima West• Arima Central• Malabar• Tumpuna• O’Meara

The Borough of Chaguanas –
• Charlieville• Edinburgh/Longdonville• Enterprise North• Enterprise South• Cunupia• Montrose• Felicity/Endevour• Munroe Road/Caroni Savannah

The San Juan/Laventille Regional Corporation –
• Maracus Bay/Santa Cruz/La Fillette• Febeau/Bourg Mulatresse• Morvant/Upper Malick• San Juan West/Caledonia• St. Ann’s/Cascade/Mon Repos West• St. Barb’s Chinapoo• Beetham/Picton• Success/Trou Macaque• Aranguez/Warner Village• Barataria• Petit Bourg/Champ Fleurs/Mt. Lambert• San Juan East

The Diego Martin Regional Corporation -
• Chaguaramas/Glencoe• Goodwood/La Puerta• Covinge/Richplain• Diamond Vale• Morne Coco/Alyce Glen• Petit Valley/Cocorite• St. Lucien/cameron Hill• Belle Vue/Bossiere #1• Moka/Bossiere

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2011, 09:18:39 AM »
I doh know nuttn bout exportin coke but that seem like ah real amateur attempt at getting things out

big bright suitcases and bricks in big bright blankets??.... going to the U.S. of all places?
dem does watch carribbean planes like hawks...how dat was ever gettin troo anywhere?

They obviously thought his links with Servisair would get it through on this end and they probably have somebody on staff to perform a similar job on the other end.

This whole thing confusing. If the mule at fault for this yuh wonder why they even want bail for him, but then again he probably at the same risk in remand yard.

As for the SoE, limited does not make sense and I can't see how it enforceable. Where does Champs Fleurs end and St.Josepf begin for example. If they not prepared to call it what it is, a complete lockdown, and face the economic and status repercussions they should just call it off. As it stands it is a half-assed measure
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2011, 09:23:34 AM »

war
good job TNT

Thing is, War, it effects everyone not just the crims. Last Weds I had to drive to Mount Hope just after midnight as I had extreme pain from a gum infection. If that happened tonight, what would I do? These police have itchy trigger fingers at the best of times. I understand we have to make sacrifices, but we also need to live in a free society. The many good people living in these "hotspots" no doubt want to have their fear removed, but do they also want to be imprisoned, so all they do is work and come home? And what about the effects on the bars, restaurants and clubs and tourism in Tobago? Imagime how afraid these tourists in Tobago will be. They sure ain't coming back. And govts aall over the world advising people not to travel to T&T. It may only last  15 days, but that impression of T&T will stick in the minds of some for years. So much for boosting tourism.

sorry bout yu teeth .. but di bandits dem killing frm a side we have to tek back we country.. and is innocent ppl like me and you who  know di bandits dem and not turning them in talking bout dey is community leaders.. I wid di police dem on this one eh..  let shot ring...

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2011, 09:33:13 AM »

• St. James East• St. James West• Woodbrook• Northern Port of Spain• Belmont East• Belmont North & West• Southern Port of Spain• East Dry River• St. Ann’s River South• St. Ann’s River Central• St. Ann’s River North• Belmont South

• Cocoyea/Tarouba• Les Efforts East/Cipero• Les Efforts West/La Romain• Marabella East• Marabella South/Vistabella• Marabella West• Mon Repos/Navet• Pleasantville• Spring Vale/Paradise

The Borough of Arima –
• Calvary• Arima North East• Arima West• Arima Central• Malabar• Tumpuna• O’Meara

• Charlieville• Edinburgh/Longdonville• Enterprise North• Enterprise South• Cunupia• Montrose• Felicity/Endevour• Munroe Road/Caroni Savannah

• Maracus Bay/Santa Cruz/La Fillette• Febeau/Bourg Mulatresse• Morvant/Upper Malick• San Juan West/Caledonia• St. Ann’s/Cascade/Mon Repos West• St. Barb’s Chinapoo• Beetham/Picton• Success/Trou Macaque• Aranguez/Warner Village• Barataria• Petit Bourg/Champ Fleurs/Mt. Lambert• San Juan East

• Chaguaramas/Glencoe• Goodwood/La Puerta• Covinge/Richplain• Diamond Vale• Morne Coco/Alyce Glen• Petit Valley/Cocorite• St. Lucien/cameron Hill• Belle Vue/Bossiere #1• Moka/Bossiere

WAYYYYZZZZZ! well i under curfew. but St. James and Woodbrook. That mean almost ALL limin spots in dem areas have to SHUT DOWN. that wipin out the social life for the majority of us in the North for them two weeks

doh talk bout all dem businesses losing revenue.

this is interesting
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2011, 09:38:11 AM »

The Borough of Arima –

WAYYYYZZZZZ! well i under curfew. but St. James and Woodbrook. That mean almost ALL limin spots in dem areas have to SHUT DOWN. that wipin out the social life for the majority of us in the North for them two weeks

doh talk bout all dem businesses losing revenue.

this is interesting

Right b4 school open so all who lookin 4 a lil  husstle 2 buy books 4get it. Dat is what go cause d bacchanal dem business dat supported d PP eh get a ROI now dey loosing more money because d economy done dead. 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2011, 09:51:39 AM »
This makes no sense. May as well call a countrywide curfew. I'm not in the curfew area, but anywhere I want to go, is, or I have to travel through the hot spot!

And those bandits living outside the hot spots gonna have a field day coz all the police will be locking down the curfew areas!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2011, 09:54:44 AM »
Let me set d record straight I am guardedly in support of the measure, I just find d planning...........if any and implementation feel real clumsy as the things that can be done to help d situation

as Brown said why remove the police post put in those areas,.... that there alone was a dumbass illconcieved move, the big question was why .....playin politics and political biases aside how exactly does simple dismantling things put in place jus because d previous gov't put it there equate to good sense what happen to evaluate and make additive...adjustment, why it is dat every new govt does feel d need to dismantle and start over.............and what is there really that can be considered as starting over to date apart from d Canadians..which not sayin much

hell I have an idea (an is not even my idea 15 years dat comin now)

why not lojack d cars and implement  rostered, centrally supervised and despatched patrols, make sure d police and dem get off dey ass, particularly in d night, an do some work

dat alone go help stop:

man takin d gov't car an' to go home and park under dey house to go sleep

man tellin yuh dey ent have no car, when dey ass just lazy to come to yuh aid

would definately:
improve police presence on d streets and highways and in d hot spots because is now ah direct order and ah requirrement of dey job function

why we need ah state of emergency to have police so far up dem fellas ass dey go taste dey own shit when yuh could simply enforce ah organised and sustained police presence rather than these 10 day crackdowns dat does always go away wit a wimper
I pity the fool....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2011, 09:57:34 AM »
I hope this works. I can't believe the PM would make a move like this just so. It must have been based on sound intelligence

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2011, 10:06:11 AM »
I hope this works. I can't believe the PM would make a move like this just so. It must have been based on sound intelligence

Jah please Sat Moonilal say no need 4 SOE and Sun we have 1. If it was on d cards then all the things will be in place and not waitin on a press conference that was 2 strt since 11 wit Sandy. Call meh police peeps and dey say passes will be avialable but if when I need 1 I cyah get it from meh local police station I go have to go HQ?

Another case of govt by vapse. As I say all govt in TNT does swing wild but this 1 swingin wit they eyes close.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2011, 10:18:10 AM »
The border ting interesting :-\...Goodwood Gardens lock down because they close to La Puerta.....but 5 minutes away Goodwood park free to roam

De valley up to alyce glen on lock...but four roads free?.....bess dey shut down the whole country
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2011, 10:26:10 AM »
The border ting interesting :-\...Goodwood Gardens lock down because they close to La Puerta.....but 5 minutes away Goodwood park free to roam

De valley up to alyce glen on lock...but four roads free?.....bess dey shut down the whole country

d downfall of half assed planning, yuh does ever wonder what trini would be like if the authorities use dey whole ass ....ah mean...... jus once
I pity the fool....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2011, 10:28:32 AM »

Sometime 1/2 d street is 1 Regional Coporation and d next half another.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2011, 10:41:31 AM »

Jah please Sat Moonilal say no need 4 SOE and Sun we have 1. If it was on d cards then all the things will be in place and not waitin on a press conference that was 2 strt since 11 wit Sandy. Call meh police peeps and dey say passes will be avialable but if when I need 1 I cyah get it from meh local police station I go have to go HQ?

Another case of govt by vapse. As I say all govt in TNT does swing wild but this 1 swingin wit they eyes close.
They're not on the same page and the PM probably didn't consult with the cabinet.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2011, 10:43:57 AM »

They're not on the same page and the PM probably didn't consult with the cabinet.

Dey eh even in d same book

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2011, 11:05:41 AM »

Forgive me Weary but is he on the security council?  If he is, then something eh right.  But if he's not, that's no surprise really. 
Arimian to meh heart

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2011, 11:15:22 AM »
Forgive me Weary but is he on the security council?  If he is, then something eh right.  But if he's not, that's no surprise really. 

if he's not on the NSC den he should have been well advised to keep his trap shot and defer d question to the security minister or PM
I pity the fool....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2011, 11:28:00 AM »

Who u askin bout d COP/ Min of Nat Sec? Yes they are but if yuh heard them u would realize dey eh plan this ting out. Well is d Actg COP who make yuh realize why dey went 4 Gibbs.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2011, 11:35:15 AM »
Wait a minute. This curfew is for two weeks right?

September 2nd is game from7pm. bout 9, the game wud finish.

how this curfew will work in a case like this.?

i cant stand when an announcement like this is made and there is little to no information available
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

1]; } ?>