April 29, 2024, 03:52:40 PM

Author Topic: Limited State of Emergency....  (Read 162856 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Limited State of Emergency....
« Reply #150 on: August 22, 2011, 08:16:52 PM »
Lets just wait and see how this goes and what it achieves.

I was trying hard to not say anything...but on TV6 10 o clock news I hear Ramberchan talking and I utterly convinced now dat dis just a speculative effort.

Dominic Kalipersad asking him..."So what would you say is the major cause of the outbreak of crime in the country? The influx of drugs? The influx of guns? What?"

Ramberchan went on at a rate saying that the problem is the influx of guns. At no time did he mention what causes this influx of guns...what is the motivating factor for these guns being present..and totally disregarded the connection that drugs may play in that. Which to me not suprising since his name was mentioned in the Scott Carter Drug report quite a few years ago.

Then talking about the government working which is why the 19 year old was caught with drugs. Well if you cant catch somebody moving with suitcases with 22 million dollars in cocaine...and while I appreciate that some degree of sense was employed.....I skeptical about how much surveillance was done...or is being done to make efforts like that.

On the plus side this is how i see it. If there is/was surveillance being done...then these measures where police/army can enter premises....detain and basically use whatever force they deem fit (as told to me by an army officer who is part of this excercise) then I would sincerely HOPE that more sizeable busts of not just drugs...but ammunition and arms are done within the time and regions that this State Of Emergency exists.

If not.....den dis proves that this is government by PR. And i real glad that the crime situation was so bad that it caused somebody to be healed from their dengue in a record 4 days. Dat showing dey serious.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 08:33:56 PM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 22, 2011, 08:41:16 PM »
Classic dengue appears quick and is cured quicker.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #152 on: August 22, 2011, 08:45:10 PM »
Bakes, this is grossest hypocrisy!

They came to power promising an action plan to end the crime in 120 days and so far is State of Emergency in we ass.

Nice eh?  

State ah emergency eh no plan... daiz ah reaction.  Maybe that is why they send people like dinho here, tuh see if one ah we have ah plan  :devil:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

on another note, plenty trinis posting stuff on facebook so by now the whole world think we living in the wild west.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 08:46:42 PM by Nightmare »

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 22, 2011, 08:48:52 PM »
if i wake up in the morning and i hear that another murder occured overnight in one of the hotpsot areas that lockdown, is best they just end dis SOE and throw dey frame

and anyhow, criminals dont be killing each other in the dead of night again. is in broad daylight boldface dem criminals be pumping.

and dinho, most ppl bitching, but can u blame them? ppl losing revenue, internationally, the country looking bad, ppl basic rights affected.  i for one not too pleased cuz i affected but i hushing my mouth and giving it a chance

my whole issue is why only certain areas gettin locked down when crime is all over T&T.

Just a thought hoss, but how you know this isn't part of the plan? Peeps from Curepe out on the streets feeling safe, then POW, police arrest them. The powers extend across the country, as much as I can gather. If you have total lockdown, there'll be no one to arrest! So maybe the plan is to let the crims move around in "safe" areas. John Sandy said the procedure for approaching a road block is this: "Slow down, turn on your interior light, dim your head lights, lower front window, have your ID ready."

and how u so sure that it is a part of the plan. that guessing game of hoping to ketch somebody in the non hot spot areas eh go wuk. if u have a total lockdown, d criminal and dem wud have nowhere to hide. but i really dont know. i leave this up to d ppl in charge

im female by the way  ;)
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 22, 2011, 08:52:00 PM »
They say Kamla still not fully recovered, and she certainly didn't look very perky this morning.

On another note, don't y'all find it suspicious and extremely coincidental that out Canadian crime fighters are both out of the country? Granted, they may have been away when this was decided, but surely you want the best paid policeman in the world to fly back immediately? I mean, if they told him they were considering the SOE sunday afternoon, surely they would tell him to get a flight back, even a private jet? They wouldn't say "nah man, you and Tonto enjoy the beach, we got this covered"?

Gibbs and Tonto not been mentioned once on tv news, not even "The commissioner is fully aware" or "Gibbs has briefed his senior staff by skype" or "Tonto sent a BBM to the desk sergeant in Belmont" Nothing. And then the A.G. referred to the assistant commissioner as "commissioner"

Hmmm................

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 22, 2011, 08:52:47 PM »
Plenty criticism and griping and 5 pages later, not one alternative solution proposed..

If someone here has a better suggestion I'm all ears, cmon let's hear it.....

Why yuh doh go and ask Kamla for the all de plans she and she crew had when they was in opposition??!!  What de arse!!  I doh remember any one we on dis forum standing up on a campaign trail and pledging to solve crime??

I'm all ears for a solution from this government over ah year now and all I hearing is crickets.....and to compound things in de space ah two weeks dem went from ponging up dey chest bout murders going down to a limited state of emergency??

You does talk bout people objectivity but like yuh cyar see de beam in yuh own eye!!  steups!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 22, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »
if i wake up in the morning and i hear that another murder occured overnight in one of the hotpsot areas that lockdown, is best they just end dis SOE and throw dey frame

and anyhow, criminals dont be killing each other in the dead of night again. is in broad daylight boldface dem criminals be pumping.

and dinho, most ppl bitching, but can u blame them? ppl losing revenue, internationally, the country looking bad, ppl basic rights affected.  i for one not too pleased cuz i affected but i hushing my mouth and giving it a chance

my whole issue is why only certain areas gettin locked down when crime is all over T&T.

Just a thought hoss, but how you know this isn't part of the plan? Peeps from Curepe out on the streets feeling safe, then POW, police arrest them. The powers extend across the country, as much as I can gather. If you have total lockdown, there'll be no one to arrest! So maybe the plan is to let the crims move around in "safe" areas. John Sandy said the procedure for approaching a road block is this: "Slow down, turn on your interior light, dim your head lights, lower front window, have your ID ready."

and how u so sure that it is a part of the plan. that guessing game of hoping to ketch somebody in the non hot spot areas eh go wuk. if u have a total lockdown, d criminal and dem wud have nowhere to hide. but i really dont know. i leave this up to d ppl in charge

im female by the way  ;)

My bad! (Is there a female version of hoss thats not discrimitary or sexist? lol)

I don't know, I'm just guessing. But I got robbed at gunpoint in Curepe, Kevin Jeffrey (of North East Stars) got his car stolen at gunpoint outside the Pro League office in Curepe and plenty marajuana fields burned by police in Maracas St Joseph, yet this ain't no hot spot? Murders in Tunapuna, but thats not there either? And apparently theres no crime at all north of Arima?

Just doesn't make sense. They give a huge list of hot spots, so why not just lockdown everywhere?

I mean, technically, as I'm not in a hot spot, can I drive down to Burger King in Curepe, or Marios, St Augustine, or KFC in Tunapuna? Or must I carry ID? Can I get onto the highway and get a Japs from Valencia? Coz if I can, then the bandits can. Thats all I'm trying to say.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 22, 2011, 09:03:41 PM »
Them two bandit who try ah thing to rob the place in Arima this morning didnt watch the news last night  ::) . 2 get blast away from the Cops and one get hold. The mysterious thing is where they get assault rifles from, fully automatic. I think i saw a Glock and a two FN FAL. Seeing that Venezuela uses that rifle as there standard rifle, i suspect that they are coming in from there.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 09:05:13 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 22, 2011, 09:05:53 PM »
Them two bandit who try ah thing to rob the place in Arima didnt watch the news last night  ::) . 2 get blast away from the Cops and one get hold. The mysterious thing is where they get assault rifles from, fully automatic. I think i saw a Glock and a FN FAL. Seeing that Venezuela uses that rifles as there standard rifle, i suspect that they are coming in from there.

Its only 5 miles away!! You can do that on a peddlo if the tides right!

But what kind of cranky gangsta robs a business just when it opens? Surely you wait until theres some money in the till first?

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 22, 2011, 09:08:27 PM »

im female by the way  ;)

My bad! (Is there a female version of hoss thats not discrimitary or sexist? lol)

I don't know, I'm just guessing. But I got robbed at gunpoint in Curepe, Kevin Jeffrey (of North East Stars) got his car stolen at gunpoint outside the Pro League office in Curepe and plenty marajuana fields burned by police in Maracas St Joseph, yet this ain't no hot spot? Murders in Tunapuna, but thats not there either? And apparently theres no crime at all north of Arima?

Just doesn't make sense. They give a huge list of hot spots, so why not just lockdown everywhere?

I mean, technically, as I'm not in a hot spot, can I drive down to Burger King in Curepe, or Marios, St Augustine, or KFC in Tunapuna? Or must I carry ID? Can I get onto the highway and get a Japs from Valencia? Coz if I can, then the bandits can. Thats all I'm trying to say.

Touche  8)

i was also suprised places like La Horquetta and Moruga and Curepe wasnt on the list. But I am a wait and see kinda person. i cant judge if this SOE make sense from one night. by the end of the week i think we can gauge how effective this exercise is
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 22, 2011, 09:47:12 PM »
They say Kamla still not fully recovered, and she certainly didn't look very perky this morning.

On another note, don't y'all find it suspicious and extremely coincidental that out Canadian crime fighters are both out of the country? Granted, they may have been away when this was decided, but surely you want the best paid policeman in the world to fly back immediately? I mean, if they told him they were considering the SOE sunday afternoon, surely they would tell him to get a flight back, even a private jet? They wouldn't say "nah man, you and Tonto enjoy the beach, we got this covered"?

Gibbs and Tonto not been mentioned once on tv news, not even "The commissioner is fully aware" or "Gibbs has briefed his senior staff by skype" or "Tonto sent a BBM to the desk sergeant in Belmont" Nothing. And then the A.G. referred to the assistant commissioner as "commissioner"

Hmmm................

Hmmmmmm......Could be is Gibbs and Tonto they looking for, me eh know.

Really, thats unusual......but not for Trini.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 22, 2011, 09:52:41 PM »

im female by the way  ;)

Touche  8)

i was also suprised places like La Horquetta and Moruga and Curepe wasnt on the list. But I am a wait and see kinda person. i cant judge if this SOE make sense from one night. by the end of the week i think we can gauge how effective this exercise is

Aye.........ketch yuh self!!! MOruga is paradise we.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 23, 2011, 12:57:48 AM »
Unconfirmed reports of looting in POS. :o :o :o

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 23, 2011, 02:42:11 AM »
Unconfirmed reports of looting in POS. :o :o :o

You lie.  People want to dead?
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

truetrini

« Reply #164 on: August 23, 2011, 03:32:53 AM »
Criminal migration
By CECILY ASSON Tuesday, August 23 2011

POLICE officers in so called “cool areas” in South Trinidad have expressed concern over the four hour head start which they claimed criminals received when Prime Minister Kamla Persad- Bissessar announced on Sunday, a limited state of emergency.

Angry officers told Newsday yesterday that they were not informed ahead of Sunday’s development and were not prepared and are now in fear that there could be an influx of criminals from all over the country, moving into the southern and south-western divisions.

The officers said these divisions have always attracted criminals from “outside” and many of them have been arrested in connection with crimes in the area.

At 8 pm on Sunday, in a televised address to the nation, Persad-Bissessar announced that as from midnight, the country was being placed under a limited state of emergency, the details of which she said would be given the following day (yesterday). Speaking yesterday on condition of anonymity, a senior police officer told Newsday that in the past they have had to deal with the migration of criminals into the quieter areas in the south.

He said, “On Sunday, those criminals were given a head start on us and it is a headache for us down here now. Things should have been in place before such an announcement was made. Imagine we are police officers and the media know about it before us.”

He said details such as roadblocks should have been set up before the announcement was made.

A curfew of 9 pm to 5 am went into effect from last night.

Point Fortin, Siparia, Penal, Debe and environs are part of the south western district.

In the south, the city of San Fernando has been deemed a hotspot. Assistant Commissioner of Police (Crime) Fitzroy Frederick told Newsday yesterday that details were still being worked out as to the exact areas in San Fernando. He said: “At this time we are still in meetings. We are still working out the details as to the areas that will be affected.”

truetrini

« Reply #165 on: August 23, 2011, 03:33:45 AM »
So the State of Emergency is NOT LIMITED....but a national state of emergency!

ah hah

truetrini

« Reply #166 on: August 23, 2011, 03:35:59 AM »
It’s an attempt to undermine unions
Published: Tue, 2011-08-23 22:20
Radhica Sookraj

An hour before Government’s limited state of emergency kicked in, president general of the Oilfields Workers’ Trade Union Ancel Roget accused Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar of attempting to undermine the labour movement by enforcing a limited curfew in hot spot crime areas. Speaking at his office at Paramount Building, San Fernando, on Sunday night, Roget said he knew days before the Government was plotting to call a limited state of emergency without caring that such a move would undermine investor confidence in T&T. Saying the Government was “two-tongue and contradictory,” Roget pointed out it was just a few weeks ago that National Security Minister John Sandy made public statements that his Government had a proper handle on crime, based on a statistical decrease in murders and criminal activities.

“Now they are calling a limited state of emergency, based on high crime, and we have to first question why. We do not trust them. “This Government is a bit shady and we do not believe  this limited state of emergency has anything to do with crime. They are trying to suppress the labour movement.” Roget said.
Saying he did not believe there was any criminal plot to undermine the Government despite reports that two Opposition MPs were issued death threats last Friday, Roget added: “We have been hearing of this state of emergency for quite a while, so we are definitely not surprised. “It is about iron fist rule, marshall law rule and they will have their way at any cost but time longer than twine." Roget also said Government was afraid of the repercussions of a national shutdown.

He said despite the enforcement of a curfew, the labour movement would continue to mobilise the national public. He added: “We will continue our campaign, state of emergency or not. I am not fearful for this state of emergency or of being arrested. “It is part of my job description. This state of emergency came a couple days late, based on our calculations. We know every step they will be taking. “They are not able to govern properly. It’s one year, three months after taking office and they have squandered the opportunity to take the country forward. They want to use the court to suppress us and now this.” Roget said his union planned to continue its mobilisation on the ground in some of the areas which the Government deemed as hot spots, including Arima and Point Lisas.

He said next Tuesday, a mobilisation meeting would be held in Point Lisas. During a news conference on Sunday, Persad-Bissessar denied that the decision for a limited state of emergency was a plot to suppress the labour movement. She said: “This is a crime-fighting measure. It is nothing else, but a crime-fighting measure. The areas identified by protective services will not affect people gathering or unions if they want to take legal industrial action. It will not stop them from so doing.”

truetrini

« Reply #167 on: August 23, 2011, 03:47:16 AM »
sitting in an airport and reading the news on my android...this T&T going to hell in a basket yes....steups

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 23, 2011, 04:43:49 AM »
sitting in an airport and reading the news on my android...this T&T going to hell in a basket yes....steups

is the people who took this once paradise to 'hell'. then we have those who now complaining bout back to school shopping, inconvenience, can't lime.. all kinda f**kery when action is being taken. Fack who, how when.. shut down the facking place and deal with the animals!

I bet not one person who was the victim of a crime will complain.

the biggest mistake this govt make since in office is not hiring weary as they chief maco. how this woman always know everything, some kinda inside source and always have ah "fren"...

them fancy Israeli gizmos eh want nothing with she abilities!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 23, 2011, 05:09:49 AM »

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 05:43:59 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 23, 2011, 06:19:15 AM »

is the people who took this once paradise to 'hell'. then we have those who now complaining bout back to school shopping, inconvenience, can't lime.. all kinda f**kery when action is being taken. Fack who, how when.. shut down the facking place and deal with the animals!

the biggest mistake this govt make since in office is not hiring weary as they chief maco. how this woman always know everything, some kinda inside source and always have ah "fren"...

That kinda insulting, she would neva work for this government at the expense of her beloved PNM
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 23, 2011, 06:27:38 AM »

That kinda insulting, she would neva work for this government at the expense of her beloved PNM

As much as you would admit that yuh government is ah massive failure.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 23, 2011, 06:28:13 AM »
I say call for a vote of no confidence in this administration and force an early election.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 23, 2011, 06:30:08 AM »
Aye.........ketch yuh self!!! MOruga is paradise we.

Is a hotspot for soucoyant and ghost...lock it dong!!

Tallman map is kicks oui.....trinis does really make light of bad situations
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 23, 2011, 07:25:23 AM »
In the south, the city of San Fernando has been deemed a hotspot. Assistant Commissioner of Police (Crime) Fitzroy Frederick told Newsday yesterday that details were still being worked out as to the exact areas in San Fernando. He said: “At this time we are still in meetings. We are still working out the details as to the areas that will be affected.”

Prime Minister: "We are declaring a 'limited' state of emergency"

Inquiring Minds: "whey yuh mean 'limited'?"

PM: "Only certain areas are affected"

IM: "Which areas in particular?"

PM: "We ent figure dah one out yet... hold on"

... I go facking dead yes lol

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 23, 2011, 08:48:44 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WnESz2oqR1U&amp;feature=player_embedde" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WnESz2oqR1U&amp;feature=player_embedde</a>d

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 23, 2011, 08:48:54 AM »

Prime Minister: "We are declaring a 'limited' state of emergency"

Inquiring Minds: "whey yuh mean 'limited'?"

PM: "Only certain areas are affected"

IM: "Which areas in particular?"

PM: "We ent figure dah one out yet... hold on"

... I go facking dead yes lol
While I agree with the SOE, I eh go lie...Bakes yuh right on this aspect....  You know what sad about all of this?  Trini has such brilliant minds, yet still we lack stragetic vision....  
Arimian to meh heart

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 23, 2011, 08:51:06 AM »

As much as you would admit that yuh government is ah massive failure.

Didn know there were more than 1. Guess if the party you vote for lose an election Trinidad becomes a governmentless state.
BTW I dont belong to any party or support any,but I'm a Trinidadian and would  support any measure any government takes to make Trinidad and Tobago a safer place to live.
Part of the problem is mindless people like you whose patriotism is as far as your tribalism would aloow
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 23, 2011, 09:10:39 AM »
Part of the problem is mindless people like you whose patriotism is as far as your tribalism would aloow

this can also be said of ah govt dat cynically block dey own legislation while in opposition to hamper crime fighting initiatives ...............besides "patriotism is virtue of the viscous" and apparently gross hypocrisy doh fall far behind 
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>