April 25, 2024, 01:40:17 AM

Author Topic: Limited State of Emergency....  (Read 161921 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Limited State of Emergency....
« Reply #300 on: August 24, 2011, 10:38:34 AM »
117 arrest over night. Drugs , guns, 56 gang members.

Drug bust recently stopped a major multi million dollar trafficking ring. A.G says a major crysis was stopped. Because of revenge killings. Seems it was a big thing.   

Edit: The recent drug bust relates to d port and airport.

One more thing. Gibbs says it was being planned way before the state of emergency was called.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 11:01:36 AM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 24, 2011, 11:14:40 AM »

Drug bust recently stopped a major multi million dollar trafficking ring. A.G says a major crysis was stopped. Because of revenge killings. Seems it was a big thing.   

One more thing. Gibbs says it was being planned way before the state of emergency was called.

I like the drugs and guns bust but simply arrests doh mean ah thing (someone else said this).  Nobody doh get found guilty ah nuttin so to me them arrests doh mean much (yet). 

Like some, I sitting back and waiting to see how this thing play out.  People disecting and scrutinizing every move and that's ok for some, not me.  I looking at the macro effect not the micro managing that going on with most.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 24, 2011, 11:14:53 AM »
Rowley giving a press conference now on the issue....

www.I955fm.com
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 24, 2011, 11:24:52 AM »
The "S" making the rounds is that Petrotrin shut down and people should go and fill yuh gas tank.

Most people in my office went to fill up lunchtime.

Anybody hear anything so?

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 24, 2011, 11:27:57 AM »
According to GayelleTV on Facebook:

Neighbours there are several BBM msgs going around about a gas shortage and NP shutting down in TnT. Please Note, there is no gasolene shortage therefore no need to panic buy! NP is functioning out of Sea Lots as normal. Do not panic buy!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 24, 2011, 11:30:04 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 24, 2011, 11:32:09 AM »
The "S" making the rounds is that Petrotrin shut down and people should go and fill yuh gas tank.

Most people in my office went to fill up lunchtime.

Anybody hear anything so?

Had a shut down on Petrrotrin lunchtime so this = Gas shortage. I surprise that people eh fulling up since Sunday.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 24, 2011, 11:43:54 AM »

www.I955fm.com

Chatting sense did not know d anti gang act did pass?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 24, 2011, 01:14:31 PM »
reports comin in from all around. gas stations have long lines of cars waiting to full up. ppl panicking
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 24, 2011, 01:30:07 PM »
Prisons Officers trying to find out where they putting all the people the police bringing in. They don't know who is who and Police just keep "dropping off" more.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 24, 2011, 01:44:53 PM »
some of the gas stations in south already out of gas, the rest of them in a mess.. police vehicles fighting up with other drivers to fill up too...

Well done kamla, Anand and Sandy (ah mean Gary)
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 24, 2011, 01:45:07 PM »
Prisons Officers trying to find out where they putting all the people the police bringing in. They don't know who is who and Police just keep "dropping off" more.

Imagine how much man going and get lost in that chaos... man go be lock up fuh weeks, crime or no crime.  The gas 'crisis' only adding to the chaos... I really don't understand why supply being affected.  But all this is further indictment of the lack of planning... yuh just doh trifle with this kinda thing.  I could see if the country was under attack or some armed gang on the loose terrorizing the public... but ah outbreak of crime confined to certain areas? 
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 01:47:39 PM by Bakes »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 24, 2011, 01:55:31 PM »
reports comin in from all around. gas stations have long lines of cars waiting to full up. ppl panicking

I hear Petrotrin is on strike. Chaguanas was jam up. Highway heading East from Grand Bazaar static nose to tail. 30 minute wait for gas in Diego.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 24, 2011, 02:13:40 PM »
This song written after the 80'sb riots in UK is applicable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WhhSBgd3KI

But this should be the SOE theme song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh8J1istSg8&feature=related

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 24, 2011, 02:15:54 PM »

Imagine how much man going and get lost in that chaos... man go be lock up fuh weeks, crime or no crime.  The gas 'crisis' only adding to the chaos... I really don't understand why supply being affected.  But all this is further indictment of the lack of planning... yuh just doh trifle with this kinda thing.  I could see if the country was under attack or some armed gang on the loose terrorizing the public... but ah outbreak of crime confined to certain areas? 
Hoss, I just asking but what does the SOE have to do with some band of idiots sending out emails and posts on FB that their is a run on gas?  The only thing I would blame them for in this instance is there lack of response and I don't know whether they responded yet or not.  

The same thing happen here in the GA about 5 years ago and regardless of what the Governor in GA said, people was still panicking....  Yuh cyar stop stupidity but I understand that people eh taking no chances.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 24, 2011, 02:17:34 PM »

Imagine how much man going and get lost in that chaos... man go be lock up fuh weeks, crime or no crime.  The gas 'crisis' only adding to the chaos... I really don't understand why supply being affected.  But all this is further indictment of the lack of planning... yuh just doh trifle with this kinda thing.  I could see if the country was under attack or some armed gang on the loose terrorizing the public... but ah outbreak of crime confined to certain areas? 
Hoss, I just asking but what does the SOE have to do with some band of idiots sending out emails and posts on FB that their is a run on gas?  The only thing I would blame them for in this instance is there lack of response and I don't know whether they responded yet or not.  

The same thing happen here in the GA about 5 years ago and regardless of what the Governor in GA said, people was still panicking....  Yuh cyar stop stupidity but I understand that people eh taking no chances.
In fact partner, ah hear the PM just make a statement there is no run on gas...... Just a bunch of idiots trying to create havoc.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 24, 2011, 02:20:43 PM »
Somebody start a rumour that Petrotrin men on strike or going to strike or had a small protest down in Pointe-a-Pierre earlier today.  What ever it was, with every body jumpy and on edge with this SOE situation, all it needs is something like that for all hell to break loose.

Subsequently, NP came out saying there is no shortage but of course, that doh spread as fast as de rumour so is jam in town and all around for gas.  In any event, my tank 3/4 filled so I good to go for about 2 days.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 24, 2011, 02:22:17 PM »

www.I955fm.com

Chatting sense did not know d anti gang act did pass?

Yes it did.  After plenty back and forth on both sides, de opposition supported it eventually.....but nah, fyah bun dat.  SOE is the BEST option..... ::) ::)
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 24, 2011, 02:23:25 PM »
So Sandy say the preconception that they going after small fish will change in a few days. I wonder what he is implying ?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 24, 2011, 02:23:54 PM »
Somebody start a rumour that Petrotrin men on strike or going to strike or had a small protest down in Pointe-a-Pierre earlier today.  What ever it was, with every body jumpy and on edge with this SOE situation, all it needs is something like that for all hell to break loose.

Subsequently, NP came out saying there is no shortage but of course, that doh spread as fast as de rumour so is jam in town and all around for gas.  In any event, my tank 3/4 filled so I good to go for about 2 days.....
It must be real chaos down dey boy....  I could only imagine.  My question is how could there be a SOE and people having any type of protest?  These people either real brave or real dotish.... Police/Military eh have tuh ask no questions tuh lock yuh up.....steups........
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 24, 2011, 02:23:58 PM »
Wheeey sah...plenty bacchanal in Trini boy. TnT....not your average Caribbean paradise
Two islands are better than one.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 24, 2011, 02:35:10 PM »

It must be real chaos down dey boy....  I could only imagine.  My question is how could there be a SOE and people having any type of protest?  These people either real brave or real dotish.... Police/Military eh have tuh ask no questions tuh lock yuh up.....steups........

When the unions accused govt of introducing the SOE to crush the strikes, Kamla said the other day that unions still allowed to protest. Civil rights haven't been removed until 9pm each night!

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 24, 2011, 02:42:39 PM »

When the unions accused govt of introducing the SOE to crush the strikes, Kamla said the other day that unions still allowed to protest. Civil rights haven't been removed until 9pm each night!
Forgive me if I'm wrong but a curfew is a byproduct or part of the SOE...SOE doh start and end by hours, at least I don't think so.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 24, 2011, 03:29:02 PM »

No FS.  Your civil rights are suspended during a state of emergency.   The curfew is just one aspect of the thing.....but right now boss, yuh eh have no rights.....or do you??   Ent you are still a UK citizen??  You here but you're not a citizen so you should still have your rights.....ah think......how does that work??  hhhhmmmmm..... :thinking: :thinking:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 24, 2011, 04:02:24 PM »

No FS.  Your civil rights are suspended during a state of emergency.   The curfew is just one aspect of the thing.....but right now boss, yuh eh have no rights.....or do you??   Ent you are still a UK citizen??  You here but you're not a citizen so you should still have your rights.....ah think......how does that work??  hhhhmmmmm..... :thinking: :thinking:
:rotfl: :rotfl:

I think this SOE is working out more like a SOC - State of Confusion, led by a confused government!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #326 on: August 24, 2011, 04:08:28 PM »
anand handled himself like he usually does, he answered the questions despite being interrupted on a regular basis

he knows the law and knows the constitution inside out, i have spoken to anand several times in the past and he is not confrontational, i found the interviewer boldface and he lacked knowledge of the law, especially in terms of the SOE

the govt will not let out to the public everything about the arrests, the 22 men who were arrested can lead to a major breakthrough, unless some of us on  here know the men arrested, if you don't, then how the hell can you assume they are small timers?

right now we are just assuming, the public needs to exercise some patience and judge the results at the end of the SOE, instead of jumping to conclusions and casting judgement so early

Jackass... because the police roll up Nelson Street and grab them off de street and put them siddung in de tray of ah pick up.  Police didn't even have they weapons drawn.  Any reasonable person could hence conclude that they are not not big time criminals... any reasonable person.  You are obviously excused from understanding.

people from the EDR know that some of the dons that run certain gangs after fresh was killed, know that the individuals are not small timers and have a substantial presence throughout the country

i don't know what part of the nation you are from but where I am from, i hear the real story and what is really going on. you can dismiss my argument all you want and start your ignorant ranting as usual, but if you don't show me no proof as to who the 22 are that you claim to be small timers, RIDE with your nonsense.

your ignorance doesn't cease to amaze me

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 24, 2011, 04:15:00 PM »
All yuh get d press release from BATT. The Bandit Association of T'dad and Tobago that they are on a 15 day of Rest and Relaxation 13 days to go.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 24, 2011, 05:01:13 PM »
 :rotfl: @ the BATT announcement.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 24, 2011, 05:01:27 PM »
So Sandy say the preconception that they going after small fish will change in a few days. I wonder what he is implying ?

d criminals from westmoorings, valsayn, flagstaff, already have a headstart. dem ride out already

real fackery
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

1]; } ?>