April 29, 2024, 05:27:48 PM

Author Topic: Limited State of Emergency....  (Read 162881 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Limited State of Emergency....
« Reply #330 on: August 24, 2011, 05:02:08 PM »
All yuh get d press release from BATT. The Bandit Association of T'dad and Tobago that they are on a 15 day of Rest and Relaxation 13 days to go.

Looks like the SOE plan is working well and PM is getting the desired LULL in crime that she wants until such time as the SOE is over. Then of course it will be back to business as usual but most importantly the year to year crime figures will have decreased and those figures can be used as great PR by the government to show what a brilliant job they have been doing in fighting crime!!

All’s well that ends well!
From a PP perspective this SOE is a brilliant plan, never mind the international image of the country! :cheers:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 05:10:20 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 24, 2011, 05:14:08 PM »
So Sandy say the preconception that they going after small fish will change in a few days. I wonder what he is implying ?

d criminals from westmoorings, valsayn, flagstaff, already have a headstart. dem ride out already

real fackery

He also said that dey get gang leaders and dem is d big fish. Dat fella is a TOY SOLDIER
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 24, 2011, 05:27:03 PM »
If i was pulling intelligence i was running a check of all those who decide to book airline tickets since sunday night, especially if the time between booking and travel date short, one to three days.

Kingpins who really controlling d donzai can more than afford to jump out for a couple of weeks to ensure they avoid any potential drama.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 24, 2011, 05:52:53 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0AmAfYImfDA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0AmAfYImfDA</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 24, 2011, 06:28:22 PM »
All yuh get d press release from BATT. The Bandit Association of T'dad and Tobago that they are on a 15 day of Rest and Relaxation 13 days to go.

Looks like the SOE plan is working well and PM is getting the desired LULL in crime that she wants until such time as the SOE is over. Then of course it will be back to business as usual but most importantly the year to year crime figures will have decreased and those figures can be used as great PR by the government to show what a brilliant job they have been doing in fighting crime!!

All’s well that ends well!
From a PP perspective this SOE is a brilliant plan, never mind the international image of the country! :cheers:

what image? dey remove de travel advisory yet?

cast de net wider.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 24, 2011, 06:38:46 PM »
Debate about the SOE going on right now on C TV!
http://www.ctntworld.com/livestream

The government PR people trying to sell the nation the idea of the SOE being necessary & a wise move!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 24, 2011, 06:38:58 PM »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 24, 2011, 06:42:47 PM »

The government PR people trying to sell the nation the idea of the SOE being necessary & a wise move!!

Boss, I have stopped watching CNMG since de Fazeer controversy.....den dey start showing "The Closer" and since ah addicted to Kyra Sedgewick aka. Deputy Chief Johnson, ah start to watch it on Wednesday nights at 9 pm.

So switch on to check de station and I see Andy Johnson going to interview Ashworth Jack, Nicole Dyer-Griffith and some other fella.....

I switch off one time.  I eh in de mood for more propaganda.....and Andy Johnson eh no Dominic Kalipersad.....ah not in de mood for arse licking.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #338 on: August 24, 2011, 06:45:04 PM »

debate ?

Ashworth Jack is a leader of the TOP (PP) , Jawala Rambaran is head of Niherst and the National Council on Tertiary Education ,he's well qualified but he's a political appointee, and Nicole Dyer well .
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 06:48:05 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 24, 2011, 06:45:35 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0AmAfYImfDA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0AmAfYImfDA</a>

Nah, nah, nah....I listen to de first verse and I weak!!!..... :rotfl: :rotfl:

Going and try to make it through the rest ah de video....*weak*
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #340 on: August 24, 2011, 06:55:08 PM »
Whey ...Andy Johnson real kissing that ring.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 24, 2011, 07:04:44 PM »
Whey ...Andy Johnson real kissing that ring.

All yuh have real belly to watch that yes.  From the time I see Ashworth Jack I know dem cyar be serious......
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 24, 2011, 07:18:35 PM »

Nah, nah, nah....I listen to de first verse and I weak!!!..... :rotfl: :rotfl:

Going and try to make it through the rest ah de video....*weak*

ah love muh trinis. we sweet too bad oui
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 24, 2011, 07:40:19 PM »
^^^^^^^^
If is one thing, this curfew might really bring out the creativity in our citizens :rotfl:

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 24, 2011, 07:40:26 PM »

Guess the curfew give people time to get creative!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 24, 2011, 07:42:42 PM »
Somebody start a rumour that Petrotrin men on strike or going to strike or had a small protest down in Pointe-a-Pierre earlier today.  What ever it was, with every body jumpy and on edge with this SOE situation, all it needs is something like that for all hell to break loose.

Subsequently, NP came out saying there is no shortage but of course, that doh spread as fast as de rumour so is jam in town and all around for gas.  In any event, my tank 3/4 filled so I good to go for about 2 days.....
It must be real chaos down dey boy....  I could only imagine.  My question is how could there be a SOE and people having any type of protest?  These people either real brave or real dotish.... Police/Military eh have tuh ask no questions tuh lock yuh up.....steups........

When the unions accused govt of introducing the SOE to crush the strikes, Kamla said the other day that unions still allowed to protest. Civil rights haven't been removed until 9pm each night!

No FS.  Your civil rights are suspended during a state of emergency.   The curfew is just one aspect of the thing.....but right now boss, yuh eh have no rights.....or do you??   Ent you are still a UK citizen??  You here but you're not a citizen so you should still have your rights.....ah think......how does that work??  hhhhmmmmm..... :thinking: :thinking:

I was kinda being sarcastic about the civil rights, but Kamla definately said workers can still protest legally. As for my rights, I'm the same as you gyal, I living here!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 24, 2011, 07:59:46 PM »
Somebody start a rumour that Petrotrin men on strike or going to strike or had a small protest down in Pointe-a-Pierre earlier today.  What ever it was, with every body jumpy and on edge with this SOE situation, all it needs is something like that for all hell to break loose.

Subsequently, NP came out saying there is no shortage but of course, that doh spread as fast as de rumour so is jam in town and all around for gas.  In any event, my tank 3/4 filled so I good to go for about 2 days.....
It must be real chaos down dey boy....  I could only imagine.  My question is how could there be a SOE and people having any type of protest?  These people either real brave or real dotish.... Police/Military eh have tuh ask no questions tuh lock yuh up.....steups........

When the unions accused govt of introducing the SOE to crush the strikes, Kamla said the other day that unions still allowed to protest. Civil rights haven't been removed until 9pm each night!

No FS.  Your civil rights are suspended during a state of emergency.   The curfew is just one aspect of the thing.....but right now boss, yuh eh have no rights.....or do you??   Ent you are still a UK citizen??  You here but you're not a citizen so you should still have your rights.....ah think......how does that work??  hhhhmmmmm..... :thinking: :thinking:

I was kinda being sarcastic about the civil rights, but Kamla definately said workers can still protest legally. As for my rights, I'm the same as you gyal, I living here!

Yeah.  It would make sense that you would be subjected to the same lack of civil rights like the rest of us living here.....ah mean, if you want to play brave and venture out into the night during the curfew because you not from here, dem police and army fellas could shoot on sight and den say "oh shucks he wasn't one of us"........hhhhhhmmmmm.....yep.  Bottom line stay yuh tail on lock down like de rest ah we  ;D ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 24, 2011, 08:08:17 PM »
The nights are so quiet :) no more noise
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 24, 2011, 08:40:53 PM »
Hoss, I just asking but what does the SOE have to do with some band of idiots sending out emails and posts on FB that their is a run on gas?  The only thing I would blame them for in this instance is there lack of response and I don't know whether they responded yet or not.  

The same thing happen here in the GA about 5 years ago and regardless of what the Governor in GA said, people was still panicking....  Yuh cyar stop stupidity but I understand that people eh taking no chances.

Lack of planning...  think of the disruption to the lives of ordinary citizens and try to account for the unexpected.  Did they make any consideration as to how the curfew (forcing more people onto the roads with less hours in the day) would affect traffic?  Did they factor in the impact on emergency services in critical regions like the E-W corridoor because of traffic?  Is there contingency planning for emergencies... individual emergencies forcing people onto the roads after curfew w/o a permit?  National emergencies... God-forbid, resulting in mass evacuations? 

Did they consider the possibility that delivery of essentials, such as gas, would be affected?  These are all things that should be considered before declaration of a SoE (in my mind at least), think of how the lives of the avg. citizen will be disrupted, and try to minimize the disruption, or have contingency plans for delivery of essential services (just to reiterate what I started with)... that's what this has to do with the SoE... the rumors resulted in a disruption of services, so had there been a plan to account for such disruptions (regardless the cause, legitimate disruption or just rumors causing it), they could invoke the contingency to keep things running smooth.

It late and I kinda tired from the Ciroc in mih system... but hope that makes sense.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 24, 2011, 08:45:14 PM »

LOL... this getting jokier by the day.  So wait, yuh could have public meetings and protests and thing, just as long as is not after 9 pm?  Who does march and protest at night anyways?  What about arrests, searches and seizures too... lessened requirements for each, but only after midnight?  So police need a warrant to raid a coke man house during the day, but after 9 pm all they need is reasonable suspicion?  So coke man could move he stash and hide it every night knowing police could kick in he door any minute... but in the day he safe?

Nah FS... ah feel yuh misunderstand dat part.... dem cyah be dat dotish.

CAN'T

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 24, 2011, 09:37:18 PM »

LOL... this getting jokier by the day.  So wait, yuh could have public meetings and protests and thing, just as long as is not after 9 pm?  Who does march and protest at night anyways?  What about arrests, searches and seizures too... lessened requirements for each, but only after midnight?  So police need a warrant to raid a coke man house during the day, but after 9 pm all they need is reasonable suspicion?  So coke man could move he stash and hide it every night knowing police could kick in he door any minute... but in the day he safe?

Nah FS... ah feel yuh misunderstand dat part.... dem cyah be dat dotish.

CAN'T

Again, I was being sarcastic.

Kamla said unions rights to protest are not affected. Yet the anti gang legislation says that police can arrest without charge any group of 3 or more people. I think there were caveats such as being suspected of certain crimes. The point was, Kamla saying this wasn't brought in to tackle the PSA and they can continue their actions but the reality is that you would have to be crazy to take part in any organised protests while the SOE in place.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 24, 2011, 09:40:40 PM »

Yeah.  It would make sense that you would be subjected to the same lack of civil rights like the rest of us living here.....ah mean, if you want to play brave and venture out into the night during the curfew because you not from here, dem police and army fellas could shoot on sight and den say "oh shucks he wasn't one of us"........hhhhhhmmmmm.....yep.  Bottom line stay yuh tail on lock down like de rest ah we  ;D ;D

Actually, I have a pass, but not used it. However, I'm seriously considering attending the EFA meeting just to see how things will go down. I also am in a cold spot, so technically I can go to Curepe, Tunapuna, Macoya, in fact all along the EMR at least to Tunapuna from St Joseph without a pass. The problem is, I don't really feel safe to do that. I mean, if theres no curfew and all the police are in the hot spots, maybe bandits moving around too?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #352 on: August 24, 2011, 10:00:17 PM »

Actually, I have a pass, but not used it. However, I'm seriously considering attending the EFA meeting just to see how things will go down. I also am in a cold spot, so technically I can go to Curepe, Tunapuna, Macoya, in fact all along the EMR at least to Tunapuna from St Joseph without a pass. The problem is, I don't really feel safe to do that. I mean, if theres no curfew and all the police are in the hot spots, maybe bandits moving around too?

this is one area i don't understand why it wasn't locked down, it has so many bandits from champs fleurs to st augustine, its not even funny, the back of puna, known as the zone is basically a war zone at times, but no lock down  :D

even up in maracus valley, real gun men, but no lock down lol that is the big mistake the govt made in not implementing a curfew in these areas

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 24, 2011, 10:43:23 PM »

this is one area i don't understand why it wasn't locked down, it has so many bandits from champs fleurs to st augustine, its not even funny, the back of puna, known as the zone is basically a war zone at times, but no lock down  :D

even up in maracus valley, real gun men, but no lock down lol that is the big mistake the govt made in not implementing a curfew in these areas

As I've said before, Curepe and Tunapuna surprised me.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 24, 2011, 11:15:47 PM »
Again, I was being sarcastic.

Kamla said unions rights to protest are not affected. Yet the anti gang legislation says that police can arrest without charge any group of 3 or more people. I think there were caveats such as being suspected of certain crimes. The point was, Kamla saying this wasn't brought in to tackle the PSA and they can continue their actions but the reality is that you would have to be crazy to take part in any organised protests while the SOE in place.

Whether you were being sarcastic or not... Kamla has to be mixed with foolish to say that union activity is exempt when the letter of the law reads that you cannot have any public meeting, organization or protests without permission from the CoP.  So is she saying that if they apply for a protest permit it will be rubber stamped?

I doubt it.  I guess just like she said this was a "limited" state of emergency when there is no limited state of emergency.  Stunning in her ineptitude.

truetrini

« Reply #355 on: August 25, 2011, 02:46:02 AM »
WHile I am against the typical "mis-speaks" from this PP Government, I hope that they accomplish something and get some ah dese bastards off de damn streets eh.

I really hope that they get some gang men and lock dem up for life...I really hope that they make ah diffrence with the crime...seriously.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 25, 2011, 03:19:57 AM »
WHile I am against the typical "mis-speaks" from this PP Government, I hope that they accomplish something and get some ah dese bastards off de damn streets eh.

I really hope that they get some gang men and lock dem up for life...I really hope that they make ah diffrence with the crime...seriously.

Why would they want to do that ? when these gangsters working hand in hand wid politicians, high ranking police officials, big businessmen, custom officers and even big wigs in the judicial system, it's like every body have their hands in the cookie jar and dem cookies sweet for days.

what's in it for them ? yuh eh see big money mekin.  IMO this whole SOE is nothing but smoke screens, it's all shenanigans. lemme tell yuh , drug money sweet tooo fackin bad, we dun! face it. it's too late.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 25, 2011, 04:05:54 AM »
Was the murders of 11 people in 4 days anything to do with the massive find of drugs prior to the slaughter,it seems that way and if so the SOE is the best option.Who knows how many more was in for the bullet in the head or the cutlash.

You have yuh head so far up your ass it eh funny nah!

The SOE is shit until a plan is articulated, some emasure of measurables and deliverables!

Odderwise is shit!
So what is your alternative Mr.Smart Ass Trinity Cross,allow the criminals another week of happy shooting and killing.Now keep your ugly face outta my arse coz it seems that you are stuck behind me like a sick ass stalker.What a character you are yuh so full ah hate.Kerry yuh rassclart.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 25, 2011, 06:04:24 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KYC-X8K2j4c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KYC-X8K2j4c</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 25, 2011, 08:22:25 AM »

Yeah. ....despite all the mis-speaks and lack of planning, incompetence  and just plain stupidity it doh change the fact that man want to see some idiots get they ass lockup....BUT.....how the ass just having an SOE making that more possible is beyond me. All go happen is they holding people who they feel is badman and couldn't prove it before and then will be forced to let them go in the end, because just declaring SOE still doesn't prove any crime. Nothing can substitute for just plain old good police work. This whole facking exercise is bullshit.
Two islands are better than one.

1]; } ?>