April 27, 2024, 09:18:21 PM

Author Topic: Limited State of Emergency....  (Read 162402 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Limited State of Emergency....
« Reply #360 on: August 25, 2011, 10:08:35 AM »
So I goin way weekend and went 4 meh permit. I call meh local police station they say walk wit meh documents 2 forms of ID and u good 2 go.

Reach d station only 2 hear that I have 2 write a letter. Is a good ting I always have paper in meh bag. So ah write d letter go by d Chief Clerk and ah get meh permit. It state meh car number and it is only 2 and from Piarco.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 25, 2011, 10:13:10 AM »
CURFEW EVERYWHERE
Gibbs: I will ask again that all citizens obey
By Akile Simon

COMMISSIONER of Police Dwayne Gibbs yesterday stated that the entire country is under curfew restrictions during the specified period of 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.

This contradicts statements made by National Security Minister Brigadier John Sandy and Attorney General Anand Ramlogan.

On Tuesday at a news briefing at the National Security Ministry on Abercromby Street, Port of Spain, Sandy and Ramlogan said that citizens living in communities in which there are no curfew restrictions are free to go about their business.

Sandy had stated that persons who live outside the curfew zones were free to congregate on the roadways, and even have parties in their communities, once they conform to the rule of law.

He explained, "If you live in Tunapuna and Tunapuna is not part of the areas under curfew, and you want to leave your home, let's say to go El Dorado Road, to walk down to the Main Road to have a beer, absolutely nothing is wrong with that because that area is not under curfew.

"For instance, if you're in a community and you want to have a street party in your community, and it's outside of the area of the curfew, you can do that. It's outside in the streets and it's within that area; but if you venture out and into areas where there is curfew, then you're breaking the law."

Ramlogan had stated that persons were free to about their business as usual and "outside of curfew areas, life goes on as usual."

But yesterday, when Gibbs was told by the Express that police officers have continued to impose curfew restrictions in several communities which are not listed under the Emergency Powers Curfew Order 2011, Gibbs said as far as he was aware, the curfew restrictions apply throughout the country.

Curfew restrictions went into effect in four regional corporations and two cities on Monday from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., and the order was signed by Deputy Commissioner of Police Stephen Williams. Williams was at the time acting as CoP while Gibbs was on official police business in Brazil over the weekend.

Gibbs spoke yesterday with members of the media after a sod turning ceremony for the new Arima Police Station which will cost $35 million.

Told by the Express that the actions of the police could amount to an abuse of power and a breach of person's constitutional rights, Gibbs didn't agree .

He said, "State of emergency includes those curfew restrictions. Well again, the curfew extends throughout Trinidad and Tobago under the state of emergency. We are more heavily focused on certain areas. I will ask again that all citizens obey the curfew, all citizens follow the directions of the police officers and the law enforcement officials when they are in their areas".

Told that the statement from Sandy and Ramlogan contradicts his own, Gibbs maintained his position that the curfew restrictions will be enforced throughout the country.

Regarding allegations of excessive force and an abuse of power being employed by police officers in the Beetham Gardens and Maloney yesterday, Gibbs said such actions will not be tolerated, but also called on citizens to cooperate with law enforcement officials.

He said: "One of the things we have been looking at is that we have been given special powers of arrest, seizure and search because of the state of emergency. One of the things we did talk about yesterday was that this doesn't provide any type of opportunity for abuse to citizens. That won't be tolerated.

"But we are asking the cooperation of all the citizens that when we come into their homes, their offices, when we are dealing with them to basically listen to what we ask and cooperate and that way it prevents any type of misinterpretation and allows us to do the job that we need to do without people getting hurt, people getting their property damaged," Gibbs said.

Gibbs added he was satisfied with the results so far and commended the officers for their hard and diligent work.

"We have had some good gains in terms of the arrest of some people that would have been picked up, are definitely people of some interest for the police and its our intent to start breaking down and displacing the different gangs and the different organised pieces," Gibbs said.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 25, 2011, 10:18:50 AM »
So I goin way weekend and went 4 meh permit. I call meh local police station they say walk wit meh documents 2 forms of ID and u good 2 go.

Reach d station only 2 hear that I have 2 write a letter. Is a good ting I always have paper in meh bag. So ah write d letter go by d Chief Clerk and ah get meh permit. It state meh car number and it is only 2 and from Piarco.

Thanks for the info, I did not know about the letter part  :beermug:
I have to drop off and pick up the wife at the airport during curfew hours...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 25, 2011, 11:17:45 AM »

Thanks for the info, I did not know about the letter part  :beermug:
I have to drop off and pick up the wife at the airport during curfew hours...

No probs dat is y I post it.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 25, 2011, 11:35:56 AM »
Kamla Persad Bissessar

‎"Some of you may be concerned about foreign image, I say I am more concerned by the images of my people dying, of mothers crying, of innocent citizens living in fear, of orphaned children. Those are the images that concern me right here in our land, Trinidad and Tobago. We cannot pretend there is no problem. We can take the tough decisions to bring about a solution"
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 25, 2011, 11:58:24 AM »
Kamla Persad Bissessar

‎"Some of you may be concerned about foreign image, I say I am more concerned by the images of my people dying, of mothers crying, of innocent citizens living in fear, of orphaned children. Those are the images that concern me right here in our land, Trinidad and Tobago. We cannot pretend there is no problem. We can take the tough decisions to bring about a solution"

SOUNDING GOOD kAMLA D PR MACHINERY WUKIN

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 25, 2011, 12:03:15 PM »
Kamla Persad Bissessar

What the f**k is dis... another 'Daniel Decree'??  Get the f**k outta here.

First was "limited state of emergency" followed by, "well, is really state of emergency everywhere... just limited curfew in hotspots."  Now de latest is Anand and Sandy saying "limited curfew"... Gibbs saying curfew everywhere.  The lack of a unified voice is yet another indictment of the slipshod, half-assed, make it up as you go decision-making surrounding this whole thing.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 25, 2011, 12:08:49 PM »
CURFEW EVERYWHERE
Gibbs: I will ask again that all citizens obey
By Akile Simon

COMMISSIONER of Police Dwayne Gibbs yesterday stated that the entire country is under curfew restrictions during the specified period of 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.

This contradicts statements made by National Security Minister Brigadier John Sandy and Attorney General Anand Ramlogan.

On Tuesday at a news briefing at the National Security Ministry on Abercromby Street, Port of Spain, Sandy and Ramlogan said that citizens living in communities in which there are no curfew restrictions are free to go about their business.

Sandy had stated that persons who live outside the curfew zones were free to congregate on the roadways, and even have parties in their communities, once they conform to the rule of law.

He explained, "If you live in Tunapuna and Tunapuna is not part of the areas under curfew, and you want to leave your home, let's say to go El Dorado Road, to walk down to the Main Road to have a beer, absolutely nothing is wrong with that because that area is not under curfew.

"For instance, if you're in a community and you want to have a street party in your community, and it's outside of the area of the curfew, you can do that. It's outside in the streets and it's within that area; but if you venture out and into areas where there is curfew, then you're breaking the law."

Ramlogan had stated that persons were free to about their business as usual and "outside of curfew areas, life goes on as usual."

But yesterday, when Gibbs was told by the Express that police officers have continued to impose curfew restrictions in several communities which are not listed under the Emergency Powers Curfew Order 2011, Gibbs said as far as he was aware, the curfew restrictions apply throughout the country.

Curfew restrictions went into effect in four regional corporations and two cities on Monday from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., and the order was signed by Deputy Commissioner of Police Stephen Williams. Williams was at the time acting as CoP while Gibbs was on official police business in Brazil over the weekend.

Gibbs spoke yesterday with members of the media after a sod turning ceremony for the new Arima Police Station which will cost $35 million.

Told by the Express that the actions of the police could amount to an abuse of power and a breach of person's constitutional rights, Gibbs didn't agree .

He said, "State of emergency includes those curfew restrictions. Well again, the curfew extends throughout Trinidad and Tobago under the state of emergency. We are more heavily focused on certain areas. I will ask again that all citizens obey the curfew, all citizens follow the directions of the police officers and the law enforcement officials when they are in their areas".

Told that the statement from Sandy and Ramlogan contradicts his own, Gibbs maintained his position that the curfew restrictions will be enforced throughout the country.

Regarding allegations of excessive force and an abuse of power being employed by police officers in the Beetham Gardens and Maloney yesterday, Gibbs said such actions will not be tolerated, but also called on citizens to cooperate with law enforcement officials.

He said: "One of the things we have been looking at is that we have been given special powers of arrest, seizure and search because of the state of emergency. One of the things we did talk about yesterday was that this doesn't provide any type of opportunity for abuse to citizens. That won't be tolerated.

"But we are asking the cooperation of all the citizens that when we come into their homes, their offices, when we are dealing with them to basically listen to what we ask and cooperate and that way it prevents any type of misinterpretation and allows us to do the job that we need to do without people getting hurt, people getting their property damaged," Gibbs said.

Gibbs added he was satisfied with the results so far and commended the officers for their hard and diligent work.

"We have had some good gains in terms of the arrest of some people that would have been picked up, are definitely people of some interest for the police and its our intent to start breaking down and displacing the different gangs and the different organised pieces," Gibbs said.

So, we still don't know if the curfew applies outside the hotspots? They still not making it clear. Why announce hot spots if the whole coutry is affected. What is the difference between a hot spot and a cold spot? (apart from 30 degrees lol)

Somebody in govt has to to make a statement explaining the agreed position.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 25, 2011, 12:10:38 PM »
Kamla Persad Bissessar

What the f**k is dis... another 'Daniel Decree'??  Get the f**k outta here.

First was "limited state of emergency" followed by, "well, is really state of emergency everywhere... just limited curfew in hotspots."  Now de latest is Anand and Sandy saying "limited curfew"... Gibbs saying curfew everywhere.  The lack of a unified voice is yet another indictment of the slipshod, half-assed, make it up as you go decision-making surrounding this whole thing.

Yeah, Bakes, but think of the lil chirren boy, the lil orphans  :praying: :praying:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 25, 2011, 12:13:30 PM »
@astewart42 Boasting about a reduction in crime during a State of Emergency is like gloating about losing weight during a famine...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 25, 2011, 12:21:41 PM »
@astewart42 Boasting about a reduction in crime during a State of Emergency is like gloating about losing weight during a famine...

AH GO HAVE 2 TIEF THAT 1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 25, 2011, 12:27:11 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 25, 2011, 12:28:23 PM »

Big post.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 25, 2011, 12:31:53 PM »

Ah tell allyuh Trinis are the bess yes!!  :rotfl:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 25, 2011, 12:42:30 PM »

Flawless
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: August 25, 2011, 01:03:03 PM »

^^^^ This...... WIN!!

Ah huffing that.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 25, 2011, 01:08:02 PM »
I'm starting to hear rumours that the SOE could be extended for up to 3 months. Anyone heard anything about this? Obviously, the rumour factory is working overtime, but I cannot believe they will extend it. I'm going stir crazy already!!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 25, 2011, 01:18:27 PM »
I'm starting to hear rumours that the SOE could be extended for up to 3 months. Anyone heard anything about this? Obviously, the rumour factory is working overtime, but I cannot believe they will extend it. I'm going stir crazy already!!

Apparently it’s all about getting the year to year crime figures down so the PP government can look good!

If fewer people are allowed to leave their homes at night then fewer crimes will be committed, never mind most of the recent crimes leading to them calling the SOE were committed in broad daylight!

If this curfew has the effect of bringing down the year to year crime figures then I believe this government is short enough of real ideas to fight crime to entertain extending it!

We’ll have to wait and see!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 02:12:05 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 25, 2011, 02:21:33 PM »

TNT is d land of humour and rumour so wait till d 5th Sep 2 hear what happening.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 25, 2011, 02:23:49 PM »
Wow!!!  Leadership still double talking on what is actually in place?   Very sad.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 25, 2011, 02:48:50 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Nnnnnooooooooooo!!!!!  Ooooohhhhh gaaarrrddddoooooyyyyeeeee!!!!!  Ah weeeeeeeeaaaaakkkkkk!!!!!!..... :rotfl: :rotfl:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 25, 2011, 09:38:38 PM »
Take win TM, perfect caption for the the funnies
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 26, 2011, 05:28:43 AM »
Big drug lord arrested in Tobago.
Youtube Channel

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 26, 2011, 06:06:45 AM »

big as in fat?

saw aboud on tv talkin about needing FBI, CIA etc to weed out big fish. also noticed he couldnt make sustained eye contact while saying it....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 26, 2011, 06:14:06 AM »

big as in fat?

saw aboud on tv talkin about needing FBI, CIA etc to weed out big fish. also noticed he couldnt make sustained eye contact while saying it....

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 26, 2011, 06:46:58 AM »
noticed he couldnt make sustained eye contact while saying it....

Same goes for all government ministers
Youtube Channel

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 26, 2011, 07:45:38 AM »
Allyuh check this take on the Lock Down

I dunno how to embed so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AmAfYImfDA&feature=player_embedded

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

truetrini

« Reply #387 on: August 26, 2011, 08:34:52 AM »
It is logical to assume that the proclamation of a State of Emergency had more to do with preventing National Industrial Action.

Given the smoke screens perpetrated by this Government to avert attention away from their constant missteps in the past...who can forget the shenanigans around the Reshmi fiasco, The Nizam Mohammad debacle, etc. etc. Why is beyond the pale to assume that this SoE is merely another distraction?

Why is a State of Emergency, and the abrogation of civil liberties essential to capture KNOWN bad guys, gang leaders, and other malignant members of society?

How is it that suddenly the police can now find and cart of persons known to them? Persons with outstanding warrants etc.?

I find it inherently strange and incredulous that Government says it requires a state of emergency to catch and arrest bandits.

Is that true?

According to the Attorney General, The Minister of National Security and the Honourable Prime Minister it is so!

They claim that this State of Emergency is essential, that in order for the protective arms of government to function effectively, we need complete abrogation of civil rights and liberties for them to be successful at catching criminal elements.

What a crocus bag of ass talk that is!

Their story does not make sense, and while law abiding citizens welcome the arrest and removal of criminals from our streets, we should not take lightly any government that responds to criticism in a knee jerk fashion. 

Just a day before the imposition of this SoE, the Head of Government Business in the House, Dr. Moonilal stated he saw no need for a State of Emergency, only for one to be forced upon us by an unthinking Cabinet.

This shows a government wilting under pressure to fulfill a promise that they have a plan (within 120 days of coming into power) that cause a reduced crime rate, that they will improve the economy, and favorably and justifiably deal with labour issues.

This is another case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 26, 2011, 08:38:15 AM »

Ah tell allyuh Trinis are the bess yes!!  :rotfl:

Agreed. Trinis always seem to have a unique way with words.

;D

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 26, 2011, 08:45:27 AM »

big as in fat?

chuckle chuckle chuckle

1]; } ?>