April 26, 2024, 09:15:17 PM

Author Topic: Limited State of Emergency....  (Read 162230 times)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Limited State of Emergency....
« Reply #420 on: August 26, 2011, 10:41:42 PM »
ANAND RAMLOGAN couldn't find a piano. Do you expect him to find any REAL big fish in T&T

Anything is possible when the world is watching and votes in the balance.  They did what was necessary to get nuff people to vote last time.  It was like a dawn of a new age for T&T.   :)   Some big Fish will benefit all.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #421 on: August 26, 2011, 11:50:26 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rVNe8a6LlYw&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rVNe8a6LlYw&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #422 on: August 26, 2011, 11:51:35 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/l8Txz4p4N4E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/l8Txz4p4N4E</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 27, 2011, 12:28:10 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rVNe8a6LlYw&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rVNe8a6LlYw&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

Under all ole talk... them civilians real play de ass in that clip there.  I don't know what transpired before or what transpired after, but based on what I see, police show real restraint.  I see they telling de fella at the start to back up or whatever and he not complying... the one indian police start to push him (reasonably in my mind) and the pushing away the police hand telling him "doh push mih."  I sorry... if that was in the US he woulda collect ah face plant so fast he head woulda spin.  Before he know what hit him it woulda have 5 pairs ah knees in he back subduing him and putting him in cuffs.

Then the women.. lawd, what fine upstanding ladies they are.  Haranguing the police and when they finally move in to arrest the queen troublemaker she start to resist and the others surrounding the police and interfering, talking about "whey allyuh arressin' de gyurl for??"  Up here police woulda shove dem so hard they woulda land on the back ah dey head.

Not saying that US law enforcement is some paradiggem of professionalism... but police have a job to do and you have to comply.  There's a time and place for protesting and guffin up... neither was present in that video.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

As for the second video... I didn't know much about Fitzgerald Hinds before, but man... I really like dis fella.  Smart, articulate and absolutely on-point.  He make some really nice points about the fact that they claiming these big numbers of arrest, but none of the arrests are being done under the emergency powers (to date), pointing to the fact that they could have done this all along w/o the state of emergency.

Secondly, they arresting these men under the anti-gang law by circumventing the purpose of the law.  Rather than to target gang members, they 'roundsing' up whoever they want and waiting to sort shark from snapper from guppy later on... without even a care as to whether it have ole shoe or tire ketch in de net too (as I stated earlier).  They seemingly going not after the quality of the haul, but the gross weight of what in the net.  Four months hence, after a lull in crime has artificially and superficially been effected (assuming that genuine criminals are also caught up), they likely will be forced to release many if not most of these men.  Then we will see that many innocent men just do a four-months fuh nutten... and the real criminals go back home to continue their life of crime.  The non-critical, unwashed masses in central and South go proclaim the SoE a success of their government and TnT will be none the better for it.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:58:19 AM by Bakes »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 27, 2011, 12:30:36 AM »
travelling on the bus route heading west this evening and BIG roadblock by Bangldesh in St. Joseph. Two truckload of army personnel and about 30 police searching EVERY maxi. A big police guy came into my maxi walked down the aisle looking at each and every one of our faces. very intimidating to be honest. looked out the window and saw passengers from other maxis being rubbed down.

Im telling u, this SOE is affecting me emotionally. and I am not even joking.its affecting my psyche.

Five days after the beginning of the SOE, the government keep calling these figures of who they arrest and how much guns they find. but ALL this could have been achieved WITHOUT implementing this SOE

after five days i give them a FAIL so far. but ten more days to go, so let me see if  any drastic results will be achieved.

he watching people in the face to see who flinching and acting nervous. They dread

And if yuh flinch and act nervous what dat mean?  steups....

Allyuh act like allyuh doh know police in Trinidad think they's god.  All ah dat intimidation shit is just part ah de gun and badge pappyshow.  I fail to see the point in all of that, despite what FS saying (I swear you need to move to Russia or China where police could trample on yuh rights and yuh could thank them for it)... they easily coulda set up roadblock same way and board the maxis.  Aside from that, if they know who they looking for why they eh go where they living or might be found?  Maxis?

Please.

I know we don't see eye to eye on civil rights, but Bakes, you think these guys will be sitting at home at the addresses they're known to reside? These guys will be moving in the daytime so that when the raid comes, they're somewhere else. And some of them are smart enough not to travel in their rides. The safest way they can travel is maxis and hide amongst the folk.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 27, 2011, 12:33:29 AM »

Under all ole talk... them civilians real play de ass in that clip there.

That's exactly what I see.  All up in police face and thing, acting up.  Schueupps
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 27, 2011, 12:57:20 AM »
I know we don't see eye to eye on civil rights, but Bakes, you think these guys will be sitting at home at the addresses they're known to reside? These guys will be moving in the daytime so that when the raid comes, they're somewhere else. And some of them are smart enough not to travel in their rides. The safest way they can travel is maxis and hide amongst the folk.

As I said... "or where they might be found".  Trinidad not that big and I guarantee you, just as they squeeze somebody and make them talk to say who the criminal is, they could find out where they is too.  Besides, as I said... under normal circumstances the police are free to set up roadblocks and stop and look at the faces of the driver and passengers.  They might not be able to search the vehicle or the persons of the passengers, but that's not what was going on yesterday anyways.  So rather than apologize for the inconvenience or explain that the looking for a certain person... the police will enter the maxi with he face 'swell up' as we say and carry on in this gestapo kinda way (in-keeping with police culture in TnT) because he name police and whatever he say goes.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #427 on: August 27, 2011, 01:01:46 AM »

Under all ole talk... them civilians real play de ass in that clip there. 
Same thing I saying. It looked as though they(the police) were trying to diffuse the situation. Something happened before though.

Offline Montjoy

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 27, 2011, 04:31:39 AM »
This SoE has discombobulated the whole of TnT. Ent?

Ah learn a new word from Mr Hinds and had to put it to use before ah forget it  ;D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 04:34:31 AM by Montjoy »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 27, 2011, 04:47:36 AM »
http://www.economist.com/node/21526903

Crime in Trinidad: Taking on the gangs
Emergency treatment

Aug 27th 2011 | PORT OF SPAIN | from the print edition

STREET life in St James, a suburb of Port of Spain, Trinidad’s capital, that likes to call itself the “city that never sleeps”, normally blasts on until the early hours. But now all is deathly quiet. Customers and staff scuttle home early to beat a 9pm curfew that started on August 21st in Port of Spain and three other towns as part of a nationwide state of emergency imposed by Trinidad and Tobago’s prime minister, Kamla Persad-Bissessar.

The aim of the emergency, which grants special powers to the police and army, is to try to break the island’s violent criminal gangs. Most Trinidadians support the measure. “Long overdue”, says Ken Gordon, a businessman who chaired a crime task-force for a former government. The four days preceding the announcement saw 11 killings, in a country of just 1.3m people. The murder rate last year was 36 per 100,000, around seven times that in the United States. Recent drug busts raised fears of more deadly turf battles.

Jamaica, with a worse gang problem, imposed a similar emergency for two months from May 2010. Gunmen in the capital, Kingston, had attacked police stations in support of their leader, Christopher “Dudus” Coke, who was wanted in the United States on drug charges. Police and troops stormed his Tivoli Gardens stronghold, leading to 73 civilian deaths. Mr Coke was arrested a month later, and now awaits trial in New York. A bevy of suspected criminals was detained. The murder rate fell by more than 40%, and has stayed down.

Nobody expects such drama in Trinidad. Two young thugs were shot dead during an armed robbery on August 22nd. But there is no kingpin on the “most wanted” posters. The curfew will doubtless cut the murder rate, but it was slowly coming down anyway. If arsenals of illegal guns are seized and hard-core gangsters are charged and convicted, there will be a longer-term dividend. But that requires intelligence and unusual determination from a police force that is in sullen mood over a pay claim and the appointment of a Canadian as police commissioner last year.

The previous prime minister resisted calls for a state of emergency because he worried this might scare investors when the economy was booming. Now it is struggling to recover from the recession. Mrs Persad-Bissessar reckons that leaving the gangs unchecked would be costlier.

truetrini

« Reply #430 on: August 27, 2011, 06:37:04 AM »
Heard on FB that Kamla ad Sandy had intel that a cocaine submarine was offshore and mercenaries were coming ashore to take over the government that is why we had SoE...lol

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 27, 2011, 07:44:50 AM »

obviously this isnt the whole video and we dont know what happened before, but what from we see, i have to side with the police. those ppl were behaving real ignorant. alot of ciizens have no respect for police but that doesnt give them right to  put your hand in their face.

i wouldnt lie. that woman look for that. real jagabat behaviour
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #432 on: August 27, 2011, 08:21:53 AM »
Heard on FB that Kamla ad Sandy had intel that a cocaine submarine was offshore and mercenaries were coming ashore to take over the government that is why we had SoE...lol
Errant nonsense manufactured in mind of some sycophant. I wonder I living in the twilight zone I poll done by on the tv stations asking people if the government should explain why  a SoE was called, 15 % say Yes and 85 % say no. Listening to the AG the reason has been evolving each day like an epic tale.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #433 on: August 27, 2011, 08:32:42 AM »
http://www.economist.com/node/21526903

Crime in Trinidad: Taking on the gangs
Emergency treatment

Aug 27th 2011 | PORT OF SPAIN | from the print edition

STREET life in St James, a suburb of Port of Spain, Trinidad’s capital, that likes to call itself the “city that never sleeps”, normally blasts on until the early hours. But now all is deathly quiet. Customers and staff scuttle home early to beat a 9pm curfew that started on August 21st in Port of Spain and three other towns as part of a nationwide state of emergency imposed by Trinidad and Tobago’s prime minister, Kamla Persad-Bissessar.

The aim of the emergency, which grants special powers to the police and army, is to try to break the island’s violent criminal gangs. Most Trinidadians support the measure. “Long overdue”, says Ken Gordon, a businessman who chaired a crime task-force for a former government. The four days preceding the announcement saw 11 killings, in a country of just 1.3m people. The murder rate last year was 36 per 100,000, around seven times that in the United States. Recent drug busts raised fears of more deadly turf battles.

Jamaica, with a worse gang problem, imposed a similar emergency for two months from May 2010. Gunmen in the capital, Kingston, had attacked police stations in support of their leader, Christopher “Dudus” Coke, who was wanted in the United States on drug charges. Police and troops stormed his Tivoli Gardens stronghold, leading to 73 civilian deaths. Mr Coke was arrested a month later, and now awaits trial in New York. A bevy of suspected criminals was detained. The murder rate fell by more than 40%, and has stayed down.

Nobody expects such drama in Trinidad. Two young thugs were shot dead during an armed robbery on August 22nd. But there is no kingpin on the “most wanted” posters. The curfew will doubtless cut the murder rate, but it was slowly coming down anyway. If arsenals of illegal guns are seized and hard-core gangsters are charged and convicted, there will be a longer-term dividend. But that requires intelligence and unusual determination from a police force that is in sullen mood over a pay claim and the appointment of a Canadian as police commissioner last year.

The previous prime minister resisted calls for a state of emergency because he worried this might scare investors when the economy was booming. Now it is struggling to recover from the recession. Mrs Persad-Bissessar reckons that leaving the gangs unchecked would be costlier.

2009 was less than 2008 and 2010 was less than 2009. Whats more is that despite that bloody weekend 2011 was on course to be less than 2010. Two months ago the PM, AG and Stevens hailed the lower crime rate to wide acclaim and touted the work of the police force in driving down the crime rate and rightly so. Yet we two months after we are told that we need a State of Emergency.

The article here points to the situation in Jamaica where there was a know target in a defined area which is the polar opposite to what we've done. They captured the 'big fish' and some of his minions . We have been rounding up guys who very likely will be released in four months.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #434 on: August 27, 2011, 09:10:19 AM »
ok ah real curious now..i see people talking bout a Mr. Big
somebody pm me his name nah please  :)
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: August 27, 2011, 09:19:07 AM »
ok ah real curious now..i see people talking bout a Mr. Big
somebody pm me his name nah please  :)

Let me know too!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 27, 2011, 10:49:22 AM »
How many posters here have been victims of crime? robbery , violent attacks etc?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 27, 2011, 10:51:55 AM »
AG says over 600 arrest so far . i forget the exact number . Tarouba stadium may act as a detention facility
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 27, 2011, 11:01:01 AM »
How many posters here have been victims of crime? robbery , violent attacks etc?

I was in a taxi in Curepe and two guys in the cab pointed guns at me and my girl and stole everything we had. When they put us out of the car in an isolated area of bush, we thought we would be killed.

I was also set up by a girl to be kidnapped in Petit Bourg. We were unknowingly directed into an ambush with a car blocking the road and another blocking us behind. Men with guns got out of the vehicles.

Fortunately, the guy driving could real drive and we escaped onto the EMR in the direction of PoS.
This was 9pm on a friday eve. The cars chased us and one got in front and again blocked the road. My boy reversed into the following car, made some space and u turned. I endured the most frightening car journey of my life as we were chased, ducking in and out of traffic, often on the wrong side of the road, until we fortunately made it to St Joseph police station. The police did nothing.

truetrini

« Reply #439 on: August 27, 2011, 11:17:39 AM »

I was in a taxi in Curepe and two guys in the cab pointed guns at me and my girl and stole everything we had. When they put us out of the car in an isolated area of bush, we thought we would be killed.

I was also set up by a girl to be kidnapped in Petit Bourg. We were unknowingly directed into an ambush with a car blocking the road and another blocking us behind. Men with guns got out of the vehicles.

Fortunately, the guy driving could real drive and we escaped onto the EMR in the direction of PoS.
This was 9pm on a friday eve. The cars chased us and one got in front and again blocked the road. My boy reversed into the following car, made some space and u turned. I endured the most frightening car journey of my life as we were chased, ducking in and out of traffic, often on the wrong side of the road, until we fortunately made it to St Joseph police station. The police did nothing.

dais wha yuh get for tracking OPP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 27, 2011, 11:50:22 AM »

dais wha yuh get for tracking OPP

Nah, you gotta explain that one TC  ???

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 27, 2011, 12:08:43 PM »
what about that top government official who organise for dhansook to set up frankie khan n williams? can police bring him in as well? seeing that there is credible evidence...thats all we need according to the AG..credible evidence...

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 27, 2011, 12:13:22 PM »
apparently the AG has ordered an investigation into death threats being made on d prime minister by the vid blogger below....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jtpG9kCzLTU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jtpG9kCzLTU</a>
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:15:58 PM by mukumsplau »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 27, 2011, 12:51:30 PM »
This girl is real stupid, I guess she thinks shes the next Rachel Price, but she's gonna get in a lot of trouble. I really don't think she means any harm and is trying to be funny, but the AG taking it real serious and says theres a task force investigating this as well as other cyber crimes.

He's particularly vexed with people setting up phantom gmail accounts and facebook accounts and sending false information. He says they will be charged with wasting police time.

Then he said people can send information in confidence and they could do this by setting up anonymous email accounts. THEN he said that people doing this to create mischief could be traced!! So, how will anyone be confident enough to send info when they could be traced??

Also, Sandy was asked by a journo if they were going after the rich kids who hold underground raves full of drugs in Valsyn. Sandy got real serious ans asked the reporter if he had information that the police should know. He said it is the duty of the media to inform police of any information regarding crime and they are also subject to the laws concerning witholding information! 

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 27, 2011, 12:59:54 PM »
This girl is real stupid, I guess she thinks shes the next Rachel Price, but she's gonna get in a lot of trouble. I really don't think she means any harm and is trying to be funny, but the AG taking it real serious and says theres a task force investigating this as well as other cyber crimes.

He's particularly vexed with people setting up phantom gmail accounts and facebook accounts and sending false information. He says they will be charged with wasting police time.

Then he said people can send information in confidence and they could do this by setting up anonymous email accounts. THEN he said that people doing this to create mischief could be traced!! So, how will anyone be confident enough to send info when they could be traced??

Also, Sandy was asked by a journo if they were going after the rich kids who hold underground raves full of drugs in Valsyn. Sandy got real serious ans asked the reporter if he had information that the police should know. He said it is the duty of the media to inform police of any information regarding crime and they are also subject to the laws concerning witholding information! 

What's he in 'doubt' about? The assembly or the drug use?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 01:01:55 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 27, 2011, 01:00:58 PM »
apparently the AG has ordered an investigation into death threats being made on d prime minister by the vid blogger below....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jtpG9kCzLTU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jtpG9kCzLTU</a>

:rotfl: :rotfl: dumb
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 27, 2011, 01:04:45 PM »

What's he in 'doubt' about? The assembly or the drug use?

What doubt you talking about?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #447 on: August 27, 2011, 01:08:51 PM »

illiterate

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #448 on: August 27, 2011, 01:11:26 PM »

Under all ole talk... them civilians real play de ass in that clip there.  I don't know what transpired before or what transpired after, but based on what I see, police show real restraint.  I see they telling de fella at the start to back up or whatever and he not complying... the one indian police start to push him (reasonably in my mind) and the pushing away the police hand telling him "doh push mih."  I sorry... if that was in the US he woulda collect ah face plant so fast he head woulda spin.  Before he know what hit him it woulda have 5 pairs ah knees in he back subduing him and putting him in cuffs.

Then the women.. lawd, what fine upstanding ladies they are.  Haranguing the police and when they finally move in to arrest the queen troublemaker she start to resist and the others surrounding the police and interfering, talking about "whey allyuh arressin' de gyurl for??"  Up here police woulda shove dem so hard they woulda land on the back ah dey head.

Not saying that US law enforcement is some paradiggem of professionalism... but police have a job to do and you have to comply.  There's a time and place for protesting and guffin up... neither was present in that video.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

As for the second video... I didn't know much about Fitzgerald Hinds before, but man... I really like dis fella.  Smart, articulate and absolutely on-point.  He make some really nice points about the fact that they claiming these big numbers of arrest, but none of the arrests are being done under the emergency powers (to date), pointing to the fact that they could have done this all along w/o the state of emergency.

Secondly, they arresting these men under the anti-gang law by circumventing the purpose of the law.  Rather than to target gang members, they 'roundsing' up whoever they want and waiting to sort shark from snapper from guppy later on... without even a care as to whether it have ole shoe or tire ketch in de net too (as I stated earlier).  They seemingly going not after the quality of the haul, but the gross weight of what in the net.  Four months hence, after a lull in crime has artificially and superficially been effected (assuming that genuine criminals are also caught up), they likely will be forced to release many if not most of these men.  Then we will see that many innocent men just do a four-months fuh nutten... and the real criminals go back home to continue their life of crime.  The non-critical, unwashed masses in central and South go proclaim the SoE a success of their government and TnT will be none the better for it.

typical scene behind the bridge, fellahs on the bench cool, while police arguing with someone and then detaining them because they take it too far. imo from experience and the fact my father family is 10 seconds walk from besson street police station, the women and men resisting were lucky this time around, normally the officers would not restrain themselves atall.

hinds you talking about? hinds is a waste of time, he never do nothing for the EDR, he could talk, but it ends there, no action, no initiative

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 27, 2011, 01:16:42 PM »

illiterate

she apologize , check the wall http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ian-Alleyne/427769105143?v=app_2309869772
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>