April 29, 2024, 05:32:55 PM

Author Topic: Limited State of Emergency....  (Read 162882 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Limited State of Emergency....
« Reply #450 on: August 27, 2011, 01:22:15 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rVNe8a6LlYw&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rVNe8a6LlYw&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

What kinda women is that   :-X , no behavior
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 27, 2011, 03:15:19 PM »
How many posters here have been victims of crime? robbery , violent attacks etc?

What does this have to do with anything... to give man an opportunity to come and see who could best play victim?  Surely it must be that, because outside of that 'personal experience' have little to do with the discussion taking place.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 27, 2011, 03:59:04 PM »
This SoE has discombobulated the whole of TnT. Ent?

Ah learn a new word from Mr Hinds and had to put it to use before ah forget it  ;D

ENTTTTTTTT  :rotfl: Fitzy have d gift of gab
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #453 on: August 27, 2011, 04:02:10 PM »

Ah learn a new word from Mr Hinds and had to put it to use before ah forget it  ;D

gift of gab and nothing to back it up afterwards  :devil:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 27, 2011, 04:05:29 PM »

gift of gab and nothing to back it up afterwards  :devil:

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 27, 2011, 05:05:05 PM »
Brian lara prison.

steups
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 27, 2011, 05:28:46 PM »
apparently the AG has ordered an investigation into death threats being made on d prime minister by the vid blogger below....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jtpG9kCzLTU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jtpG9kCzLTU</a>

just heard on the news that the police are investigating this video and the person , seeing that threats were made to the prime minister  :-X
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 27, 2011, 05:38:14 PM »
They have a shortage of handcuffs or restraints in Trinidad or what. How come police never handcuffing anybody? Whether is one person or a pickup tray full of people, no restraints. And why the police never in control of the scene it seems? They always struggling to deal with people who only pointing up in they face and arguing, and have no behavior. The police doh exibit a commanding intolerant of BS attitude.

Dais how it is or dais just what cameras recording. Is it that cameras doh have access to the real stuff?
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 27, 2011, 06:14:46 PM »
Just some insight on how the SOE affecting things. Was at Frankies on Ariapita tonite. They stopped serving at 7pm. Apparently, last night they had 300 people there at 8pm and the police parked cars outside. At 8.50, people still leaving. Police said that they didn't want to see anyone there after 8pm tonite.

But it was a real good vibe. I can't see much wrong with having a midnite curfew. People would soon get used to liming earlier and getting home by midnight. Until only recently, bars in UK closed at 11pm and you were out by 11.30 latest. Obviously clubs opened later, but even they closed at 2am. Instead of Trinis meeting up at 11pm and partying until 5am, why not change the laws so Trinis can still get their 5 hours and be home by midnight? Another observation...we haven't seen any deaths in cat accidents. Peiople not driving home tired and drunk. Maybe the police could actually enforce the drink driving laws and make the roads safer?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 27, 2011, 06:25:07 PM »
Link to Bangladesh/PBR raids. Sorry about the ad!!

http://bcove.me/s7t60s14

http://cnc3.co.tt/content/bangldesh-raid
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 06:30:49 PM by Football supporter »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 27, 2011, 06:33:02 PM »
Question.

Given all the conflicting and changable bits of information that coming from the government.....it normal for the AG to be like the chief source of information from the government?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #461 on: August 27, 2011, 06:41:29 PM »
Link to Bangladesh/PBR raids. Sorry about the ad!!

http://bcove.me/s7t60s14

http://cnc3.co.tt/content/bangldesh-raid

is years, drugs and guns passing through there, about time they swoop

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 27, 2011, 06:54:25 PM »
oh I forgot to add, the AG mentioned that an AGENCY will be set up to monitor what is said on Facebook

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/d9ZHHKwP0_M&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/d9ZHHKwP0_M&amp;feature=share</a>

There goes our freedom of speech

truetrini

« Reply #463 on: August 27, 2011, 06:57:20 PM »
oh I forgot to add, the AG mentioned that an AGENCY will be set up to monitor what is said on Facebook

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/d9ZHHKwP0_M&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/d9ZHHKwP0_M&amp;feature=share</a>

Anand f**k you, yuh asshole country bookie!

So what wrong with dat?  Once yuh eh making threats whappen if someone want to cuss on cyber space?  Did man really ehw ant no criticism of he and he cohorts.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 27, 2011, 07:45:35 PM »
I watch the press conferences pretty much every day and saw that one today..  The AG wouldve done well to just mention the investigation into death threats against Kamla and just leave it at that.. All that talk about Facebook and setting up a task force to look at negative videos etc leave me scratching my head. I dunno where he get off with that, people free to say what they want and express how they feel once it is not geared at inciting violence or threatening someone.

Worse yet the man talking about wanting credible information from people setting up fake Facebook accounts to preserve anonymity... Then saying they could still track through IP addresses and what not if the information is mischevious. So no anonymity then? Just confusing nonsense talk.

Also, since the start of this I get the feeling they put the AG at the front to take the lead on PR simply because he is the most capable speaker and most adept at handling the tough questions. The Minister of National Security does come off like a bumbling, clueless old man in every interview and is very uncomfortable behind the mic.

Another thing that bother me was that today he said about 90% of people held were not charged under the emergency powers so do not have access to the tribunal. I not understanding where and how the distinction is made, and how that impacts on the rights of the people being held.

The last issue i have with these press conferences is that they never pass up the opportunity to politicize the SoE and talk about the opposition and what they did and didn't do etc which for me bears no relevance to the situation. I could do without all that tra-la-la.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: August 27, 2011, 07:47:31 PM »
Shouldnt the person have to make two instances of what might be percieved as "threats and abusive language?"

Cuz that was wha happen with Sasha Mohammed ent?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 27, 2011, 07:54:43 PM »
"Another thing that bother me was that today he said about 90% of people held were not charged under the emergency powers so do not have access to the tribunal. I not understanding where and how the distinction is made, and how that impacts on the rights of the people being held." 

I'm not positive, but I believe the point of the SOE was to induct the army as police. The army are not necessarily au fait with police procedure, so people may claim wronful arrest. The SOE also allows them to search without a warrent and arrest without charge. Once arrested, most of these people will eventually be charged under the anti gang laws, but it was arresting them that proved the problem

The pnm have openly said that they would not have backed the anti gang laws if they realised they would be used in this way. However, I feel the end justifies the means.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 27, 2011, 07:59:12 PM »

The pnm have openly said that they would not have backed the anti gang laws if they realised they would be used in this way. However, I feel the end justifies the means.

I thought the point they were making was that they backed the anti gang laws so that the government could utilize these powers against gangmembers WITHOUT imposing a state of emergency.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 27, 2011, 08:04:07 PM »
Shouldnt the person have to make two instances of what might be percieved as "threats and abusive language?"

Cuz that was wha happen with Sasha Mohammed ent?

Apperently is once 4 d PM twice 4 anybody else

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 27, 2011, 08:09:43 PM »
Cops arrest 30 women at Marabella hotel
by Radhica Sookraj

Police moved into the popular Classic Seamen, formerly known as the Villa Capri Hotel in Marabella yesterday and arrested 30 women from Colombia, Dominican Republic, Dominica, Jamaica and Venezuela. The raid was part of an ongoing exercise to rid the streets of gangs, drug dealers, illegal immigrants and criminals. The exercise was headed by Assistant Police Commissioner Fitzroy Frederick and executed by Sgt Anthony Charles. Investigators said shortly after 3 pm, the officers moved into the Hotel and arrested the women and several men.

Several WPCs, including Seerattan, Charles, Noel, Callender and Figaro, assisted in herding the women into a waiting police bus. Meanwhile, at Princes Town, a team of officers led by Sgt Don Gajadhar arrested nine people, one of whom was detained for being part of a gang. Police said four others were charged for possession of marijuana. In the south-western district, two men ages 25 and 27 were arrested for alleged participation in a gang. Five others were charged for narcotic related offences.  Police said the two men who were allegedly involved in gang activity had pending matters in court.
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 27, 2011, 08:12:20 PM »
by Radhica Sookraj

Police moved into the popular Classic Seamen, formerly known as the Villa Capri Hotel in Marabella yesterday and arrested 30 women from Colombia, Dominican Republic, Dominica, Jamaica and Venezuela. The raid was part of an ongoing exercise to rid the streets of gangs, drug dealers, illegal immigrants and criminals. The exercise was headed by Assistant Police Commissioner Fitzroy Frederick and executed by Sgt Anthony Charles. Investigators said shortly after 3 pm, the officers moved into the Hotel and arrested the women and several men.

Several WPCs, including Seerattan, Charles, Noel, Callender and Figaro, assisted in herding the women into a waiting police bus. Meanwhile, at Princes Town, a team of officers led by Sgt Don Gajadhar arrested nine people, one of whom was detained for being part of a gang. Police said four others were charged for possession of marijuana. In the south-western district, two men ages 25 and 27 were arrested for alleged participation in a gang. Five others were charged for narcotic related offences.  Police said the two men who were allegedly involved in gang activity had pending matters in court.

LMAOOOOO :rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 27, 2011, 08:27:56 PM »
Brian lara prison.

steups

Briantanamo Bay...

all this government tactics straight out de Bush Administration manifesto.

They have a shortage of handcuffs or restraints in Trinidad or what. How come police never handcuffing anybody? Whether is one person or a pickup tray full of people, no restraints. And why the police never in control of the scene it seems? They always struggling to deal with people who only pointing up in they face and arguing, and have no behavior. The police doh exibit a commanding intolerant of BS attitude.

Dais how it is or dais just what cameras recording. Is it that cameras doh have access to the real stuff?

Only when cameras around... otherwise is level licks and bullet.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 27, 2011, 08:29:01 PM »
by Radhica Sookraj

LMAOOOOO :rotfl:

You couldn't make this sh*t up  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 27, 2011, 08:30:06 PM »
Brian lara prison.

steups
Briantanamo Bay...

all this government tactics straight out de Bush Administration manifesto.

I actually saw on TV that it was referred to as a secret location known to the police and army as Guantanamo Bay

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 27, 2011, 08:33:07 PM »
Question.

Given all the conflicting and changable bits of information that coming from the government.....it normal for the AG to be like the chief source of information from the government?

I think in a situation like this it should be the Minister of National Security... upon regular advisement of the AG and the CoP... after all, National Security is the reason they give for the SoE no?  The AG is just the government's lawyer... not law enforcement official... although dai's how Anand carrying on.  He can't even bring charges and thing... is up to the DPP to do that.  I trying to remember if that is how Sello used to be (frontpage on law enforcement issues), but honestly I can't remember.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #475 on: August 27, 2011, 08:34:20 PM »
Day Six
222 arrests: 77 gang related, 37 drug related, 6 related to homicides, 71 other serious offences, 21 for breach of curfew, and 10 for outstanding warrants.

Day Five
147 arrests: 75 gang related, 21 drug related, 8 homicide related, 1 firearm offence, 19 other serious offences, 4 breach of curfew, and 4 for outstanding warrants
150 rounds of ammunition seized.

Day Four:
183 arrests: 59 gang related, 17 drug related offences, 9 homicide related, 1 firearm offence, 6 other serious offences, 25 breach of curfew, and 66 for outstanding warrants

Day Three:
117 arrests: 56 gang related 48 drug offences, 4 firearm offences, 1 homicide, and 8 other serious crimes.
2 firearms, 80 rounds of ammunition, 1 cartridge seized

Day Two:
28 arrests: 22 gang related, 4 stolen vehicle offences, 2 homicide offence
Six firearms, 800 rounds of ammunition seized.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 27, 2011, 08:34:41 PM »
If he so desires can Brian Lara get his name removed from this stadium? because i highly doubt he would want his name associated with a facility that would be housing criminals. i doubt he would want that to be a part of his legacy

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #477 on: August 27, 2011, 08:39:57 PM »
Question.

I think in a situation like this it should be the Minister of National Security... upon regular advisement of the AG and the CoP... after all, National Security is the reason they give for the SoE no?  The AG is just the government's lawyer... not law enforcement official... although dai's how Anand carrying on.  He can't even bring charges and thing... is up to the DPP to do that.  I trying to remember if that is how Sello used to be (frontpage on law enforcement issues), but honestly I can't remember.
I agree with Dinho that he is the one they selected because he can handle tough questions and deals with the media the best.KPB is the ceremonial PM and Sandy does sound real bummy with the mic.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 27, 2011, 09:36:39 PM »
Just saw a story about a guy who died from an asthma attack Friday night. Apparently, they called an ambulance but it didn't arrive in time.

Of course, the family blames the govt for not having proper resources in place. However, I'm thinking that in a curfew, the ambulances must be on stanby and theres no traffic so response times should be quicker. Another curious thing is that the guys brother had a car, but the mother wouldn't let him take his brother to the hospital because of the curfew. But I'm sure the police would have given them an escort.

All I can think is that one of them was wanted by police. But if thats the case, I'd rather have one son locked up than one son dead.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 27, 2011, 09:54:44 PM »

Your tax dollars at work... what a dim-witted c**t... and Kamla is a c**t too.

Tallman, allyuh feel free to pass along mih information to Gibbs if he call allyuh  ::)

1]; } ?>