April 29, 2024, 11:49:57 AM

Author Topic: Limited State of Emergency....  (Read 162779 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Limited State of Emergency....
« Reply #780 on: September 12, 2011, 05:42:06 PM »
Hear ye, hear ye.....all de big fish dey hold on Nelson Street about 2 - 3 weeks ago.......de Chief Magistrate let dem go today.  Why??  Wait for it......wait for it......hold on.....it coming.....

DEY HAVE NO EVIDENCE TO HOLD DEM!!!!.....

WWWWWWHHHHHHAAATTTT?? ??!!!

Nah!!!  Nah!!!  Nah!!!....eh, eh, de judge eh know what he/she doing.....he/she better check de AG and/or de PM and/or de Pres......dem have de evidence....

Not one word....not one word..... :-X

Will they revise they SoE arrest numbers now... or we eh care about that?  If most/all of the people they arrest get released would that make the SoE a failure (since the numbers of arrest being used to tout 'success')?

Dey goh find a next reason for calling the SOE a success.  They have shifted the goal post so many times since this farce of an SOE started doh be surprised if dais de next move.....

BTW, the cowboy X  AG does still make lunch time appearances to spread propaganda about this SOE or he hushing he arse......for now???   That jackass!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 12, 2011, 05:49:36 PM »
Caribbean leaders support SoE
Monday 12th September, 2011

The Prime Ministers of Grenada and Antigua and Barbuda have thrown their support behind the ongoing State of Emergency in Trinidad and Tobago.

Both gave their support in an interview with C News after the opening ceremony of the 3rd China-Caribbean Economic and Trade Cooperation Forum on Monday.

The Prime Minister of Antigua and Barbuda, Mr Baldwin Spencer, said from what he understands of the crime situation in Trinidad and Tobago, the State of Emergency is working.

The capital city is one of several areas under an imposed 11pm to 4am curfew and Prime Minister Spencer said, "It clearly shows signs of being tough on crime and that is what you need. To that extent, the Government ought to be commended for taking that bold steps. Of course with these things, you're not going to satisfy everybody...I think things are going along quite well. I am quite sure it would appear as though that the State of Emergency has in fact assisted in addressing some of the chronic problems that you have been having with criminality."

Grenada's Prime Minister, Mr Tillman Thomas, said Government leaders have a responsibility to provide a safe and secure environment for their populations.

When asked about the signal the State of Emergency sends to the rest of Caricom, since this country has the lead responsibility for crime and security in the 15-Member trading block, the Grenadian PM said it all depends on the specifics involved: "It varies from country to country. Trinidad may have to resort to this measure, other territories may not have to. So it depends on the situation the country faces."

The illegal drug trade and the accompanying gun violence is a challenge which is being faced by all Caricom countries.

http://www.ctntworld.com/LocalArticles.aspx?id=31668&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

truetrini

« Reply #782 on: September 12, 2011, 05:50:02 PM »
Mervyn Richardson (ACP) claims all persons arrested are Big Fish.

WHILE AT THE SAME TIME

Twenty-one detainees from Nelson St have been released as a result of no evidence with which to charge said detainees.

and then there is this little nugget of wisdom and advice:

If you're a victim of POLICE BRUTILITY go and make a report to your nearest Police Station. This country sweet too bad oui.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 12, 2011, 06:00:47 PM »

The Prime Ministers of Grenada and Antigua and Barbuda have thrown their support behind the ongoing State of Emergency in Trinidad and Tobago.

And they can both go eff themselves!!!  Any one ah dem agree with using an SOE for picking up people with parking tickets and maintenance??!!  Eh??  Eh??  Dem agree with picking up people willy nilly off de street and releasing them weeks later cuz it eh have no evidence to hold them??!!

Again....dey can go eff themselves!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 12, 2011, 06:09:13 PM »
But, in essence, that should be the case. Since the SOE came in, I've been watching more tv, cooking more often, watching movies etc Those people with families are forced to change their lifestyles and this should lead to closer bonds with each other. The reality is, if a man is a limer and a horner, he won't take well to spending time with his wife and kids. But this is a society problem and the govt cannot be made to take all the blame. 

Come on man, that is just foolishness.  Not because you confine people in the same space does that mean they'll get along any better.  Even among families, people need their space, they need stimulation outside the family... some would say that 'stimulation' might even be therapeutic.  The statement about bringing families closer together is foolishness... doh even try and justify that.

I wonder if the birth rate go spike 9 months from now?
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 12, 2011, 06:16:08 PM »
Mervyn Richardson (ACP) claims all persons arrested are Big Fish.

WHILE AT THE SAME TIME

Twenty-one detainees from Nelson St have been released as a result of no evidence with which to charge said detainees.

and then there is this little nugget of wisdom and advice:

If you're a victim of POLICE BRUTILITY go and make a report to your nearest Police Station
. This country sweet too bad oui.

I guess they feel some folks may not be happy with just one beating so they offered that great advice!!   ::)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 12, 2011, 06:19:57 PM »
Debate happening now on the S.O.E. on C-TV!

http://www.ctntworld.com/livestream/
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 12, 2011, 06:22:23 PM »
Second arrested in connection with Jonestown murders
Monday 12th September, 2011

A second suspect in the Jonestown, Arima shootings last month has been nabbed.

Police have confirmed that the second suspect in the August 18th incident, which left four persons dead and 3 nursing injuries, was picked up in the Central Division on Monday morning.

The first suspect was caught in his Balisier Road, Smith's Field house on Saturday when heavily-armed officers swooped down on the house constructed in a somewhat remote area between the Heights of Aripo and Valencia.

A search of the area uncovered a firearm, more than 100 rounds of assorted ammunition, a bullet proof vest and an army issue camouflage uniform. He and his wife were arrested. They have a two-year-old child.

Meanwhile, the Public Information Officer of the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service, ASP Joanne Archie, reiterated the call made by Deputy Commissioner of Police Jack Ewatsi for persons with outstanding warrants to take care of outstanding matters.

"The DCP urged all persons who know that there are outstanding warrants for their arrests for such issues as unpaid fines or traffic offences to own up and surrender to the Police."

ASP Archie also urged persons who are of the opinion that officers are using excessive force in the execution of their duties to make officials aware of such incidents.

"Officers are continuously being trained in the excessive use of force. The public is advised that if they feel they have been a victim of excessive use of force by the TTPS, to lodge their reports with the nearest police station or with the Police Complaints Authority."

ASP Archie said officers are guided by a Use of Force Policy and the Service adopts a zero tolerance approach to officers who operate outside the law. She assured that all complaints will be treated seriously.

http://www.ctntworld.com/LocalArticles.aspx?id=31670&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Youtube Channel

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 12, 2011, 07:25:31 PM »
But, in essence, that should be the case. Since the SOE came in, I've been watching more tv, cooking more often, watching movies etc Those people with families are forced to change their lifestyles and this should lead to closer bonds with each other. The reality is, if a man is a limer and a horner, he won't take well to spending time with his wife and kids. But this is a society problem and the govt cannot be made to take all the blame. 

Come on man, that is just foolishness.  Not because you confine people in the same space does that mean they'll get along any better.  Even among families, people need their space, they need stimulation outside the family... some would say that 'stimulation' might even be therapeutic.  The statement about bringing families closer together is foolishness... doh even try and justify that.

Not to mention those children who maybe molested by their fathers or some other incestuous/abusive relationship in the household. they are now forced to be around these people every night. not a good situation to be in
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 13, 2011, 12:01:29 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 13, 2011, 07:39:21 AM »
Now hearing Police find 10,000 rounds of ammo this morning , 13 firearms (Uzi, shotgun, etc) and a kilo of Cocaine in Las Cuevas (edit: Correction 1 kilo Marijuana)

Heard 1 of d guns had Sir Walter Raleigh name written on it.

Sir Walter is a well-known gang leader. If they ketch he and Cortez, then we know the SoE wukkin good.

ay allyuh supposed to be livin in fear, wha is dis setta comedy allyuh orn?. Save dat for dimache gras nex year
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 13, 2011, 07:59:16 AM »
Now hearing Police find 10,000 rounds of ammo this morning , 13 firearms (Uzi, shotgun, etc) and a kilo of Cocaine in Las Cuevas (edit: Correction 1 kilo Marijuana)

Heard 1 of d guns had Sir Walter Raleigh name written on it.

Sir Walter is a well-known gang leader. If they ketch he and Cortez, then we know the SoE wukkin good.

ay allyuh supposed to be livin in fear, wha is dis setta comedy allyuh orn?. Save dat for dimache gras nex year

Yuh eh hear Anyting Goes say dat we livin in a self impose curfew long time so we accustom so we can be  :rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: September 13, 2011, 04:42:03 PM »
C News Live
Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar has announced new areas under the 11pm-4am curfew which come into effect from tomorrow, Wednesday 14th September.

Speaking at the National Security Briefing on Monday, she said the new areas were decided after a meeting with the National Security Council.

They are Carli Bay, Moruga, Cedros, Claxton Bay, Maloney, Dow Village-California, Windy Hill-Arouca, Toco, Macbean-Couva, Chase Village-Carapichaima, Red Hill-D'abadie, and La Horquetta.
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 13, 2011, 05:03:40 PM »
now dey put cedros and moruga fuuckin Now :cursing: :cursing: when dey people done move what dey have to move jokers.................and What about Lisas.how nobody reach dey yet
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 05:08:23 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 13, 2011, 06:21:48 PM »
LOL on Ctv they showing the nelson street fellas robbing people on the street , Via the CCTV cameras if you see how clean that footage is, Zoom and thing. The fat man who say he innocent , i see half he body inside somebody car robbing them, bunch ah slackers 
Youtube Channel

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: September 13, 2011, 07:08:39 PM »
LOL on Ctv they showing the nelson street fellas robbing people on the street , Via the CCTV cameras if you see how clean that footage is, Zoom and thing. The fat man who say he innocent , i see half he body inside somebody car robbing them, bunch ah slackers 

serious??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. so is now dey pull out this evidence? why didnt they bring this forward before. STEUPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: September 13, 2011, 07:25:05 PM »

serious??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. so is now dey pull out this evidence? why didnt they bring this forward before. STEUPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

dpp say how the footage was from before SOE and anti gang legislation so it cyah work.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: September 13, 2011, 07:31:51 PM »

dpp say how the footage was from before SOE and anti gang legislation so it cyah work.

oh ok

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 13, 2011, 07:52:31 PM »
now dey put cedros and moruga fuuckin Now :cursing: :cursing: when dey people done move what dey have to move jokers.................and What about Lisas.how nobody reach dey yet

Hey leave Lisas all around me hot but I cold
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: September 13, 2011, 07:54:42 PM »

So b4 d antigang act it eh have NO LAW TO CHARGE DEM. Give I EH BREAK PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. So d footage was b4 d law pass but yuh still pick dem up.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #800 on: September 13, 2011, 08:00:51 PM »
My father is going on a short a business trip. We have to get a pass go and pick him up as the return flight is in curfew hours. The government has failed to convince me that I really need to go through this.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: September 13, 2011, 08:04:22 PM »

Look at minute 5:48 . They had a cleaner vid full screen when i saw it tonight after news, but you get to see them in action clear enough

http://video.ctntworld.com/view/862/c-news-7pm-online-130911/

The fat man in the white jersey on the driver side half way inside the people car. The so called "innocent one"

EDIT: There is a longer version they showed , where it had shoot out and thing on the street.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 08:15:56 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: September 13, 2011, 08:22:45 PM »
Wheys so in traffic they would just jump in your car and rob you?   Is that would I'm seeing or do they know the driver?   
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #803 on: September 13, 2011, 08:24:20 PM »

Look at minute 5:48 . They had a cleaner vid full screen when i saw it tonight after news, but you get to see them in action clear enough

The fat man in the white jersey on the driver side half way inside the people car. The so called "innocent one"

EDIT: There is a longer version they showed , where it had shoot out and thing on the street.
If he was charged with the right offence he might have been convicted

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #804 on: September 13, 2011, 08:29:03 PM »

So b4 d antigang act it eh have NO LAW TO CHARGE DEM. Give I EH BREAK PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. So d footage was b4 d law pass but yuh still pick dem up.
I now seeing your post. That video hurts the police more than helps them. If they charge the man for the right thing he woulda make a jail. It just goes to show you again how much we really don't need a state of emergency and what we need is good police work.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: September 13, 2011, 08:29:22 PM »

:bs:

Earlier this year the Evidence Act was amended to have video evidence admissible in court. So they could have been charged for a variety of crimes under other acts.....robbery...armed robbery etc. And they could have been picked up without a warrant since due to the SOE no warrant necessary.

So why were they released?

I now watch de video..and the prime minister's words which preceded it. After hearing that Hodge podge of vacuous rhetoric she spew I convinced even more that we living in Animal Farm.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 08:36:26 PM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #806 on: September 13, 2011, 08:54:04 PM »

:bs:

Earlier this year the Evidence Act was amended to have video evidence admissible in court. So they could have been charged for a variety of crimes under other acts.....robbery...armed robbery etc. And they could have been picked up without a warrant since due to the SOE no warrant necessary.

So why were they released?

I now watch de video..and the prime minister's words which preceded it. After hearing that Hodge podge of vacuous rhetoric she spew I convinced even more that we living in Animal Farm.

I watching the clip (3:42- 5:30) and hearing the prime minister say that the state of emergency is not just for gang member but all criminals. I remember the AG the PM and Sandy justifying the SOE for this specific reason. Now the that the law bussing in front they face they're saying it is for all criminals. So in other words the police can't do standard police work without a State of Emergency.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #807 on: September 13, 2011, 09:03:08 PM »

On a side note , Desha Rambhajan is without a doubt the best woman to provide nightly updates on just how bad the state is failing.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: September 13, 2011, 10:21:39 PM »

On a side note , Desha Rambhajan is without a doubt the best woman to provide nightly updates on just how bad the state is failing.

Yeah she nice eh?!! Any news she gives me does sound good!! :-*

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 13, 2011, 10:26:58 PM »

How does the footage prove that they are part of a gang?  Police misusing the law... if they commit a crime then arrest them... under the normal laws. Don't use one law to arrest them for ordinary crime when the law specifically geared for certain crimes... like gang activity.  This is why it get thrown out.  Now if the police smart they'd go and arrest the people they see committing crime on film for having committed those crimes... not for being part of no gang b.s.

1]; } ?>