April 29, 2024, 11:48:24 AM

Author Topic: Limited State of Emergency....  (Read 162777 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Limited State of Emergency....
« Reply #960 on: September 22, 2011, 05:03:25 AM »
So I have one simple question to ask....after the SOE how do they plan to stop crime?

As long as they end it by Christmas or DEFINITELY before Carnival, I doh care.....they never had a plan before, dey doh have plan now and will not have a plan after.....so it making to difference to me.  Kamla better doh eff up these two seasons with she shyte nah.....cuz ah goh have to burn some tires down by she office and make a 4 months behind bars......
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 05:15:35 AM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: September 22, 2011, 05:34:36 AM »
Hmmm, someone else on the govt payroll? I still trying to figure how calling an SOE is a sign of good, strong governance. Its like saying you're a hero if you're driving drunk, crash into an innocent motorist and call an ambulance. Any prime minister, past or present, can call an SOE. Smart governance would mean you don't need to resort to this situation. 

Plain Talk  :beermug:  You know how much innocent people get kill and robbed by bandits.  This is what we want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqowmHgxVJQ
No matter what the extent of the crime situation, justice "MUST" prevail! like the old ppl used to say, "two wrongs doh make ah right".

if the law enforcement agencies of the land is allowed to violate ppl's civil rights in order to achieve an equalizer, then the system has failed the country and the masses in the most despicable way!

this is not street justice my friend, rather it's ah sovereign society we talkin bout. they must follow the letter of the law, or else they will be no better than the civilian violators.

Fellas,   :applause: :applause:

Good know it still have some thinking people around these here parts.....JC boy, I could not have said it better....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: September 22, 2011, 06:55:43 AM »
Hmmm, now you got me thinking.....did I ever say the SOE was a great political decision? I believe I felt a short term SOE may help curb crime if it was targeted correctly and had a well considered end game, but I'm sure I alsways stated that it was knee jerk and the sign of a desperate govt out of ideas???

I just remember you supporting it at first... with yuh ends justifies the means talk.  Could be that I misread the extent to which yuh supported it.

Yeah Bakes, I too thought his initial response was kinda in favour of it but in subsequent posts it became clearer that FS didn't think it was that great an idea.......

Lore, I now hadda go check lol.  This was my first post on the subject:

I gotta say, this is extreme. I mean, two weeks ago, England was literally on fire and for two nights, police had no control, but there was no state of emergency. SoE is the absoloute last resort. Ok, the drug bust is gonna cause some serious gang unrest, but why not just flood the areas with police and army? I know that the SoE gives additional powers, but I'm certain the problem is not the laws, its the people enforcing them. Gibbs has to to earn his money and come up with a plan. Putting a country on lockdown is not the soloution.

And this was my second:

I gotta say, this is extreme. I mean, two weeks ago, England was literally on fire and for two nights, police had no control, but there was no state of emergency. SoE is the absoloute last resort. Ok, the drug bust is gonna cause some serious gang unrest, but why not just flood the areas with police and army? I know that the SoE gives additional powers, but I'm certain the problem is not the laws, its the people enforcing them. Gibbs has to to earn his money and come up with a plan. Putting a country on lockdown is not the soloution.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 06:57:35 AM by Football supporter »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 22, 2011, 07:18:44 AM »
AHA....the infamous "Ends justify the means" debate!!

"Another thing that bother me was that today he said about 90% of people held were not charged under the emergency powers so do not have access to the tribunal. I not understanding where and how the distinction is made, and how that impacts on the rights of the people being held." 

I'm not positive, but I believe the point of the SOE was to induct the army as police.
The army are not necessarily au fait with police procedure, so people may claim wronful arrest. The SOE also allows them to search without a warrent and arrest without charge. Once arrested, most of these people will eventually be charged under the anti gang laws, but it was arresting them that proved the problem

The pnm have openly said that they would not have backed the anti gang laws if they realised they would be used in this way. However, I feel the end justifies the means.

No the point of the SoE is to suspend civil liberties and grant "emergency" powers not subject to due process limitations.  As part of that they may grant powers of arrest to the army.

As for the ends justifying the means... always easy to say when it's not your ass in a bind.  I'd like to see them round you up and have you sit in jail for four months without bail, without charge, and without trial... surrounded by some genuine criminals who then prey on you.  After four months they release yuh normal normal like nothing happen, without compensation or apology.  Let me hear you talk then about the ends justifying the means.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: September 22, 2011, 08:18:36 AM »
Plain Talk  :beermug:  You know how much innocent people get kill and robbed by bandits.  This is what we want.

No matter what the extent of the crime situation, justice "MUST" prevail! like the old ppl used to say, "two wrongs doh make ah right".

if the law enforcement agencies of the land is allowed to violate ppl's civil rights in order to achieve an equalizer, then the system has failed the country and the masses in the most despicable way!

this is not street justice my friend, rather it's ah sovereign society we talkin bout. they must follow the letter of the law, or else they will be no better than the civilian violators.

"Justice?"    Justice for who? The woman who get rape and robbed?  The business owner?  The mother who lost sons? 

law enforcement agencies of the land is allowed to violate ppl's civil rights in order to achieve an equalizer, then the system has failed the country and the masses in the most despicable way!   

I think your brush is to broad there JC and it's unfair to the boys in blue and Army.  I do agree that the SOE is the sign of a failed system.  Which system?  All....Parenting, Education, Legislative, Judicial, and Government....They have all failed our communities.  We have Failed each other. 

There is a psychological mind set behind we Trinibagonians and leadership that I haven't been able to put my finger on or read any good materials on.  I would like to hear a Historian take a stab.  Maybe the answer is simpler, I don't know.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Thanks to SoE, no parang for Christmas
« Reply #965 on: September 22, 2011, 02:16:05 PM »
http://www.tntmirror.com/2011/09/18/thanks-to-soe-no-parang-for-christmas

By Online Editor - September 18th 2011 12:13 AM

The latest group to be adversely affected by the State of Emergency is paranderos and they are taking a hard hit, much like fishermen and entertainers.
One well-known group is reported to have had four lucrative annual contracts cancelled.

Mirror learnt that the band leader, who recently purchased new equipment with the use of a bank loan, has indicated that, on approaching the bank for a deferment of payment, was not given a sympathetic ear.

According to the band leader, “Hotels are just calling and cancelling engagements.” Mirror also understands that one entertainer from East Trinidad was also turned down by the bank in a similar situation.

“The Government does not appreciate the hardships some law-abiding citizens are going through,” the band leader lamented. “In 1990 when this country experienced our last SoE, there was little or no night life, with one television station and a couple of radio stations. It was only the police and thief out at nights.”

He added, “We are in a different era now and people are suffering. Even the doubles vendors are feeling the pinch, with those who usually work late into the night now forced to compete with those who sell during the day.”

He feels strongly that those who are advocating the SOE for a further three months are not willing to compensate law-abiding citizens for loss of earnings and neither is the Government.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 02:25:14 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: September 22, 2011, 03:33:12 PM »
Hmmm, someone else on the govt payroll? I still trying to figure how calling an SOE is a sign of good, strong governance. Its like saying you're a hero if you're driving drunk, crash into an innocent motorist and call an ambulance. Any prime minister, past or present, can call an SOE. Smart governance would mean you don't need to resort to this situation. 

Fellas,   :applause: :applause:

Good know it still have some thinking people around these here parts.....JC boy, I could not have said it better....
Thanx for the vote of confidence there brownin, sometimes it's nice to be acknowledged. ;D
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: September 22, 2011, 10:04:15 PM »
http://www.tntmirror.com/2011/09/18/thanks-to-soe-no-parang-for-christmas

By Online Editor - September 18th 2011 12:13 AM

The latest group to be adversely affected by the State of Emergency is paranderos and they are taking a hard hit, much like fishermen and entertainers.
One well-known group is reported to have had four lucrative annual contracts cancelled.

Mirror learnt that the band leader, who recently purchased new equipment with the use of a bank loan, has indicated that, on approaching the bank for a deferment of payment, was not given a sympathetic ear.

According to the band leader, “Hotels are just calling and cancelling engagements.” Mirror also understands that one entertainer from East Trinidad was also turned down by the bank in a similar situation.

“The Government does not appreciate the hardships some law-abiding citizens are going through,” the band leader lamented. “In 1990 when this country experienced our last SoE, there was little or no night life, with one television station and a couple of radio stations. It was only the police and thief out at nights.”

He added, “We are in a different era now and people are suffering. Even the doubles vendors are feeling the pinch, with those who usually work late into the night now forced to compete with those who sell during the day.”

He feels strongly that those who are advocating the SOE for a further three months are not willing to compensate law-abiding citizens for loss of earnings and neither is the Government.

Doh worry it still have hosay and phagwa dem will never be affected so people could still jump up

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: September 23, 2011, 06:14:14 AM »
There will be parang for Christmas. Those big fete probably would not take place. But the village parang will always be there.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: September 23, 2011, 07:59:14 AM »
There will be parang for Christmas. Those big fete probably would not take place. But the village parang will always be there.

Parang groups need to make money to survive, that's the point and they would normally make their money at the bigger engagements! The house to house thing does not put money in their coffers.

Latest I hear is there will be not much wildmeat or wildmeat will be very expensive for the Christmas Parang season even if they were allowed to have the traditional wildmeat fetes!

Just saw on TV last night that they ceased a hunter's stock of frozen wildmeat under the SoE saying that he's not allowed to have such quantities stored in his premises outside of the wildmeat hunting season!

Plenty honest people are being squeezed from making a living under this SoE now even the Hunters and Paranderoes!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 08:06:04 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 23, 2011, 09:17:19 AM »

Parang groups need to make money to survive, that's the point and they would normally make their money at the bigger engagements! The house to house thing does not put money in their coffers.

Latest I hear is there will be not much wildmeat or wildmeat will be very expensive for the Christmas Parang season even if they were allowed to have the traditional wildmeat fetes!

Just saw on TV last night that they ceased a hunter's stock of frozen wildmeat under the SoE saying that he's not allowed to have such quantities stored in his premises outside of the wildmeat hunting season!

Plenty honest people are being squeezed from making a living under this SoE now even the Hunters and Paranderoes!

Honest?!? Hoss that was wild meat leave back from last season he was looking to come back and sell that this year... That is against the law, and i doubt you would want to consume that knowing it was being stored for so long.

Have to admit, Parang was one of my biggest worries with this SoE business. I think the village competitions like Paramin, Maracas, Brazil and Lopinot will go on but will have to start from earlier in the day. Where the paranderos losing out is the corporate events and other festivals that normally take place around this time of the year that got cancelled. That have plenty money in it, them groups normally booked solid 3 and 4 gigs a night around this time of the year.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: September 23, 2011, 09:21:26 AM »

The thing is, you can blame the SOE if you like, but the man was still acting illegally. Maybe you think this law is unfair, if so, write to the Minister responsible, but a law is the law. One of T&T's problems is that Trinis don't mind the "unimportant" laws and this eventually leads to disregard for all law. We need zero tolerance for a while to show people that laws will be enforced. Look at the seatbelt law, the cell phone law, the drink driving law. I would estimate that 75% of drivers on the road after midnite (back in the good ol' days before SOE) were over the limit, around 50% didn't wear seatbelts and many would be on the phone. Its no coincidence that there are so many road fatalities at night. As Warner pointed out, the police don't use seatbelts and the law applies to them too. In fact, I've seen armed police drinking at least 3 shots of Johnny, in uniform, on duty and I've also seen them driving using a phone.

Its proven that teaching a child manners and respect can reduce the likelihood of them developing a  criminal mentality, but if you let them run wild, they will always push the boundaries. This is same for adults. We must start to enforce the small laws to have any chance of reducing serious crime.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: September 23, 2011, 10:01:12 AM »
Is becoming clearer to me that the government doesnt care. They may think this SoE is them caring but I think its the opposite. Alot of these paranderos depend on this season to make the majority of their annual income.

And for those of u who think that this SoE is working, just wait and see when the three months are over, we'll be right back where we started because they failed to deal with the root of the problem
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: September 23, 2011, 11:34:02 AM »
Is becoming clearer to me that the government doesnt care. They may think this SoE is them caring but I think its the opposite. Alot of these paranderos depend on this season to make the majority of their annual income.

And for those of u who think that this SoE is working, just wait and see when the three months are over, we'll be right back where we started because they failed to deal with the root of the problem

Stop soundin like a PNM. All will b swell after d SOE.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: September 23, 2011, 11:54:50 AM »

Look like allyuh dumb f**ks so in love wid the PNM allyuh dont want this SOE to wrk.. Who gaves a f**k bout party when yu cya walk outside yu house without being killed? allyuh need to shut allyuh kakahole , cause di mount a shit yuh talking  dey it have to be comming out of yu ass.. Lock dung di whole facking country mi sey.. Divali, parang, every freeking thing .. Hold and beat criminals for spite... and since di police dem have the rite to lock up and beat anyone.. Get whole a cro cro beat him and then put a backing on him fi mi... If di police ketch manning and he ceyah oman lock dem up too.. put a gang member charge on dem.. I want to see firewrks between cops and dem wutless pieces of shits who call themselves criminals..... 
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #975 on: September 23, 2011, 02:16:53 PM »

Look like allyuh dumb f**ks so in love wid the PNM allyuh dont want this SOE to wrk.. Who gaves a f**k bout party when yu cya walk outside yu house without being killed? allyuh need to shut allyuh kakahole , cause di mount a shit yuh talking  dey it have to be comming out of yu ass.. Lock dung di whole facking country mi sey.. Divali, parang, every freeking thing .. Hold and beat criminals for spite... and since di police dem have the rite to lock up and beat anyone.. Get whole a cro cro beat him and then put a backing on him fi mi... If di police ketch manning and he ceyah oman lock dem up too.. put a gang member charge on dem.. I want to see firewrks between cops and dem wutless pieces of shits who call themselves criminals..... 
war

y yuh do go back jamaica grab yuh bottle an yuh banket crawl back up yuh fadder rat infested hermaphroditic cuunt an take ah sleep racist pig fuucking totee head

how about dat for language people entitled to dey muddac**t opinion, if yuh doh like it, take up ah faetal position and stik yuh head up d crack ah yuh ass so d shit dat coming out yuh brain go have company

idiotic moron
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 02:47:11 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: September 23, 2011, 04:02:31 PM »
y yuh do go back jamaica grab yuh bottle an yuh banket crawl back up yuh fadder rat infested hermaphroditic cuunt an take ah sleep racist pig fuucking totee head

how about dat for language people entitled to dey muddac**t opinion, if yuh doh like it, take up ah faetal position and stik yuh head up d crack ah yuh ass so d shit dat coming out yuh brain go have company

idiotic moron

ha ha... de man cussout War yes  :rotfl:

Aye, Rajesh... doh study lefty man.  Grab ah Ting, eat ah bulla wid cheese and light yuh spliff.

One Is One.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: September 23, 2011, 04:46:47 PM »

idiotic moron

Aye, Rajesh... doh study lefty man.  Grab ah Ting, eat ah bulla wid cheese and light yuh spliff.

One Is One.
Di Yute "jes come" ... suh mi guh gave him a bligh... look like he know a lot bout dem compromising positions he talking bout dey. I eh guh hijack di thread... War is a veteran  mi nuh have time fi dem hurry come up... gwan yute talk yu talk...
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: September 23, 2011, 06:10:12 PM »

idiotic moron

One Is One.
Di Yute "jes come" ... suh mi guh gave him a bligh... look like he know a lot bout dem compromising positions he talking bout dey. I eh guh hijack di thread... War is a veteran  mi nuh have time fi dem hurry come up... gwan yute talk yu talk...
war

yute jus come...... my ass yuh talk  a setta fuuckry, an assailin people because dey have issues wit what going, on top ah all dat an callin on police to assault people, yuh is ah fuuckin mad man, how go like people to wish violence on yuh obtuse confused arse, man like allyuh so is what wrong wit dis country
I pity the fool....

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: September 23, 2011, 06:31:05 PM »

war

war, i doh know u, but u cud hull yuh ass

i have my opinion, f**k u if u dont agree. have no manners wid yuh fake jamaican ass. u wud want anybody talk to your daughter like that, (if u have one)????

is I who living here. i I who living Morvant. I surrounded by crime, had family members and friends affected by crime. so of course i want something to be done about crime. but this SoE alone is NOT d answer and that is all the ppl who have been opposed to it are saying.

so anybody who oppose the SoE is ah PNM??????? ignorant asshole

so because you not losing your income, your livelihood, you doh give a f**k. pple still have to live during this SoE eh ! doh forget that. is not u who on d brink of losing your job because your boss cant afford to pay u

the SoE was established and nothin serious come out of it. Two rusty gun, ppl arrested on traffic offences and breaking curfew, a container a marijuana found. but what else? what d f**k dey putting in place AFTER d SoE? or u want dem to have we in SoE for years?? daiz your brilliant plan??

you behaving just like Kamla and dem. we not supposed to ask no questions den? we not supposed to have any concerns, so we supposed to bend over and take anything dey giving we because they say so and they supposedly have our best interest at heart

it seems some ppl on this board, including yourself cant disagree with someone's opinion without insulting them. grow the fack up!

and War, stay wherever u is and hull yuh stinking mudder c**t
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 07:03:15 PM by STEUPS!! »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: September 23, 2011, 09:05:31 PM »
 :o :o

Well yes......when Warrior Queen and lefty well cuss way yuh arse, yuh know yuh on shit!!!

« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 09:10:25 PM by Brownsugar »
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: September 23, 2011, 10:03:34 PM »
Eh... internet sarcasm fail again... oh well.

btw... Steups voice sound kinah sexy when she call Andre, ah could only imagine how she sound cussin' War.  Rajesh and Super Cat is de only two Indian Jamaicans I know... Gaza mi seh! lol

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: September 23, 2011, 10:47:12 PM »
Watch meh we need to open ah tent for Carnival. We will make rel money for the site. Then Contoversial will see every game in T&T from rong de bridge, up in snake valley, all de way down in Bourda, and give Harford ah res.  Leh we organize.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: September 24, 2011, 09:25:50 AM »
steups yu talking bouthow ppl talking to man daughter and yu cussing man bout dey mother.. allyuh ladies is horrors eh.. anyway talk yu talk and do yu internet badness. If we ever buck up yu will definitely feal di wrath cause I dont skin teeth or deal wid computer badness.. now back to di subject..

mi wah see fire wrks between di police and di so call criminals.. f**kway wid parang, carnival, chutney show and everything else.. SOE mi sey.. and fuk way wid di PNM supporters who wah see we country stay di same way dey mek it.. war sey suh...

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: September 24, 2011, 10:41:37 AM »
STEUPS!! ah sorry how things change up in just a years time. ah respect yur views on de SOE but really had to wonder how yuh reach dat perspective given de change in yur statements below.

what i said before was that no member of my immediate family or close friends were victims of crime. something that i thank d Almighty for all d time.

is I who living here. i I who living Morvant. I surrounded by crime, had family members and friends affected by crime. so of course i want something to be done about crime. but this SoE alone is NOT d answer and that is all the ppl who have been opposed to it are saying.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 24, 2011, 03:23:00 PM »
STEUPS!! ah sorry how things change up in just a years time. ah respect yur views on de SOE but really had to wonder how yuh reach dat perspective given de change in yur statements below.

what i said before was that no member of my immediate family or close friends were victims of crime. something that i thank d Almighty for all d time.

those two posts were a year apart. and alot of things can happen in a year.

brother got robbed at gunpoint on the beetham highway during carnival this year. he stopped on the highway to pick up a friend who was visiting from the states and family lived on the beetham. while waiting, a group of men robbed him in the car. thankfully they didnt kill him

one of my closest girlfrens was sexually assaulted  some months ago. i myself was travelling home in a big maxi after a late class last semester when the driver of the maxi got held up and robbed when he stopped off in curepe. thanks be to God myself and the other passengers werent held up (but i wouldnt say i was a victim, because i wasnt immediatedly affected). but then again, all of these incidents are none of your business

i am surrounded by crime. I live Morvant, i hear gunshots on a regular, there was a murder on my street some years ago and im unfortunate where illegal activities take place around me.

so again i ask, what is so wrong with some citizens wanting some answers on this SoE?? there are other members on this forum who have been affected by crime but still want some answers from the government

so ribbit, u want to go through some more of my posts since it seems u have all the time in the world  ::)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: September 27, 2011, 01:43:36 PM »
2 arrested after $13m marijuana bust in San Rafael
Tuesday 27th September, 2011

Police have destroyed $13 million in marijuana plants in the San Rafael area and seized a 12-gauge shotgun and 6 cartridges.

At Tuesday's Police Service Press Briefing, Ms Sharon Lee Assang, the Director of Public Affairs at the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service, confirmed that 2 persons were arrested and will be charged for various offences in connection with the incident.

The exercise was carried out in the San Rafael area by officers of the Northern Division Task Force and the Organised Crime, Narcotics and Firearms Bureau (OCNFB). 

Ms Assang continued, "They went into a forested area at the southern side of the Mundo Nuevo Forest and found 18,000 fully grown marijuana trees and 3,200 young marijuana trees with a street value of approximately TT$13 million. The plants were uprooted and destroyed. One 12-guage and 6 cartridges of 12-guage ammunition were also seized. Two persons were arrested and will be charged with possession of firearm, ammunition, possession of marijuana for the purpose of trafficking, and for cultivating marijuana."

http://www.ctntworld.com/LocalArticles.aspx?id=32376&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: September 27, 2011, 01:53:50 PM »
Who get lock up for de weed on the port in Point Lisas? Daiz de question.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #988 on: September 27, 2011, 01:58:09 PM »
The suppoze to be Honorable Jack Warner this morning said on power102fm, if he had the power, he would extend the SOE to three decades, because of the lawlessness of the people of the country.

He for real ,you know what does bother me the most is the word Honarable that go with their name
i wonder if it do not bother them .
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 01:59:50 PM by zuluwarrior »
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #989 on: September 27, 2011, 02:58:09 PM »
The suppoze to be Honorable Jack Warner this morning said on power102fm, if he had the power, he would extend the SOE to three decades, because of the lawlessness of the people of the country.

He for real ,you know what does bother me the most is the word Honarable that go with their name
i wonder if it do not bother them .
Under any other government this statement would have been called reckless, abusive and injurious to consumer and investor confidence.

1]; } ?>