September 20, 2024, 06:59:18 PM

Author Topic: Limited State of Emergency....  (Read 197491 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Limited State of Emergency....
« Reply #990 on: September 27, 2011, 04:20:28 PM »
Who get lock up for de weed on the port in Point Lisas? Daiz de question.

How do they estimate the street value of marijuana plants?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: September 27, 2011, 04:25:06 PM »
Who get lock up for de weed on the port in Point Lisas? Daiz de question.

How do they estimate the street value of marijuana plants?

The amount of plant? Per acre? What they need to say to make de SoE look good
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #992 on: September 27, 2011, 07:15:15 PM »
He for real ,you know what does bother me the most is the word Honarable that go with their name
i wonder if it do not bother them .

Under any other government this statement would have been called reckless, abusive and injurious to consumer and investor confidence.

Jah even if i did not make this statement ,these Honourable men and women make statements that is reckless ,abusive ,and injurious to comsumers and investors confidence all by themselves and  they would say lets move on .

good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #993 on: September 27, 2011, 11:03:16 PM »
He for real ,you know what does bother me the most is the word Honarable that go with their name
i wonder if it do not bother them .

Under any other government this statement would have been called reckless, abusive and injurious to consumer and investor confidence.

Jah even if i did not make this statement ,these Honourable men and women make statements that is reckless ,abusive ,and injurious to comsumers and investors confidence all by themselves and  they would say lets move on .

yep.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: September 28, 2011, 03:54:51 AM »
steups yu talking bouthow ppl talking to man daughter and yu cussing man bout dey mother.. allyuh ladies is horrors eh.. anyway talk yu talk and do yu internet badness. If we ever buck up yu will definitely feal di wrath cause I dont skin teeth or deal wid computer badness.. now back to di subject..

mi wah see fire wrks between di police and di so call criminals.. f**kway wid parang, carnival, chutney show and everything else.. SOE mi sey.. and f**k way wid di PNM supporters who wah see we country stay di same way dey mek it.. war sey suh...

war
Eh fella, if yuh really want tuh know bout the "PEOPLE NATIONAL MOVEMENT" then talk tuh the old ppl who was of age @ the end of the colonial era, if it have any remnants of them on the land since they are a dying breed!

the PNM spareheaded independence and was responsible for all the mdfckn things we as free liberated ppl  take forgranted that is denied in so many countries on the planet!

my great aunt told me that when the PNM came to power , they received no financial help from the crown, and had tuh scrape and crounge for what ever little we coulda get. there was very little infrastructure and schools, and dr williams worked his arse off to achieve ah functional society that coulda compete with the best in the world.

as much as i dislike politicians, i would not sit here and listen to you dog the name of the PNM, simply bc i would be allowing you tuh talk what yuh hear yuh bias ass grudgeful parents and grand parents had tuh say about a party that my predecessor believed in and would've given their lives for.

not that the PNM is any good "today"! but i still would not stay here and allow you to desecrate the original party who did a lot for trinidad and tobago. yes patrick manning is ah serious c@nt, but the PNM under dr williams early admin was about something.

as for the UNC and panday, they did more damage and encourage more bobol than anyother political party in T&T's history. all this gun shooting and gang activity came into being bc of the UNc's lacks power hungry policies, while seeking to stay in power by rubbing shoulder with influential undesirables.

so if yuh really looking for someone to blame, start looking in yuh own back yard BUDDY! bc i not tryin tuh hear all dat PNM bashing for the sake of the initial ppl who believed in the movement.:notlistening:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 03:57:10 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: September 28, 2011, 04:49:23 AM »
Ah hearing talk that the curfew hours might go back to 9 - 5??  Steups!!  These people for facking real??!!  This better be a rumour and nothing more..... :cursing: :cursing: :bs:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: September 28, 2011, 06:34:48 AM »
This SOE/Curfew extension is totally unnecessary and dragging it on for this long only devalues its use as a tool of last resort which should be reserved for cases of natural disaster, an attempted coup, etc!

What they need to do is stop this unnecessary SOE immediately as apart from it negatively affecting the economy of the country it can and is being used to abuse the rights and hard earnt freedoms of too many honest law abiding citizens.

Better alternative is to clean up the police force and get them to do a proper professional job of policing communities and fighting crime. Too many unsolved crimes and corruption in the police force with members of the service taking backhanders from the big fish is the main reason why crime has gotten out of hand.

Also the courts need to give criminals especially the big fish when they are caught more serious sentences meaning that they would think twice about doing a serious crime and going to prison for a very long time.
Maybe hanging needs to be brought back for cases of rape, drug trafficking, bringing in guns & arms and cold blooded murder as they are all linked.

The T&T police force should not need an SOE to do their jobs so there is no need for an SOE to fight crime and criminals! Gibbs is obviously a big waste of T&T taxpayers money! What has he done to stamp out police corruption and to dramatically increase the forces crime solving rate since he's been hired?!

Boost up the coast guard patrolling our waters and secure our ports and the big fish trying to imported drugs, arms, etc into the country will be forced to earn an honest living or to go to another country where they are more welcomed and free to operate their corrupt destructive & murderous activities!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 08:14:11 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: September 28, 2011, 07:44:26 AM »
Curfew hours under review
By Sue-Ann Wayow
Story Created: Sep 27, 2011 at 11:46 PM ECT
Story Updated: Sep 27, 2011 at 11:46 PM ECT
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Curfew_hours_under_review-130681943.html

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar will today raise the issue of extending the curfew hours to its original eight hour, at the meeting of the National Security Council.

There have been calls by some for the curfew hours to be changed from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m., to the original 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., because of reports that violent crime is again on the increase.

Speaking during a visit to the San Fernando General Hospital Tuesday night, Persad-Bissessar said "I have heard those concerns (and) I will raise it with the law enforcement officers. They were the ones who told us where to put the hotspots in the first place, and the timing".
Persad-Bissessar said she could not make a judgment call on the curfew "until we speak with them (members of the National Security Council)".

"And in fact on Wednesday I have a National Security Council meeting and I will hear their views and we will see what to do."
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: September 28, 2011, 08:17:17 AM »
people like war talkin shit up in he cuunt bout who not supportin diss shit, but whey d scheduled patrols, whey d sustained police presence....where it.............d big answer to d problems "is everybody go inside" dem for real.............dese days if yuh see ah police car yuh lucky, but no.is not shit goin on if yuh seein nonsense an yuh vex  yuh is ah pnm......steups
I pity the fool....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #999 on: September 28, 2011, 08:39:29 AM »
people like war talkin shit up in he cuunt bout who not supportin diss shit, but whey d scheduled patrols, whey d sustained police presence....where it.............d big answer to d problems "is everybody go inside" dem for real.............dese days if yuh see ah police car yuh lucky, but no.is not shit goin on if yuh seein nonsense an yuh vex  yuh is ah pnm......steups
or you is a foolish Trini who like to lime too much

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: September 28, 2011, 09:03:14 AM »
D PP crime plan has finally revealed it is d SOE
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: September 28, 2011, 10:15:41 AM »
Curfew hours under review
By Sue-Ann Wayow
Story Created: Sep 27, 2011 at 11:46 PM ECT
Story Updated: Sep 27, 2011 at 11:46 PM ECT
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Curfew_hours_under_review-130681943.html

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar will today raise the issue of extending the curfew hours to its original eight hour, at the meeting of the National Security Council.

There have been calls by some for the curfew hours to be changed from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m., to the original 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., because of reports that violent crime is again on the increase.

Speaking during a visit to the San Fernando General Hospital Tuesday night, Persad-Bissessar said "I have heard those concerns (and) I will raise it with the law enforcement officers. They were the ones who told us where to put the hotspots in the first place, and the timing".
Persad-Bissessar said she could not make a judgment call on the curfew "until we speak with them (members of the National Security Council)".

"And in fact on Wednesday I have a National Security Council meeting and I will hear their views and we will see what to do."

"Because it is not meeee oooh oooh, Blame it on de..........."
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: September 28, 2011, 10:19:12 AM »
or you is a foolish Trini who like to lime too much

ent :cursing: :cursing:
I pity the fool....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: September 28, 2011, 10:20:59 AM »
State of constant emergency...

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: September 28, 2011, 10:43:46 AM »
From Gayelle TV on Facebook:

This is the official statement from the Office of the Prime Minister:
The Honourable Kamla Persad-Bissessar Prime Minister of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago is presently undergoing medical assessment, examinations and evaluation at St Clair Medical following complaints of feeling unwell this morning.
She is resting comfortably.
Further updates will be provided later today.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: September 28, 2011, 11:17:18 AM »
From Gayelle TV on Facebook:

This is the official statement from the Office of the Prime Minister:
The Honourable Kamla Persad-Bissessar Prime Minister of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago is presently undergoing medical assessment, examinations and evaluation at St Clair Medical following complaints of feeling unwell this morning.
She is resting comfortably.
Further updates will be provided later today.

I wonder how Jack feeling now that he has to go to court in two weeks to answer where d warriors money.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 28, 2011, 02:31:37 PM »
This is getting a bit silly now. So, the govt say that a 11pm-4am curfew isn't working because bad men are still committing crime? Their answer? Lock people down for longer.  :rotfl:

So, those rapists down central wouldn't have creeped out at 2.30 a.m. if the curfew had been 9pm -5am?

Heres an idea, and remember, I'm no crime expert here....why not try to catch the people committing the crimes? Yes, I know its radical, but its worth a try. More police patrols on the highway, regular road blocks stopping motorists, breathalysing and searching vehicles (yes, Bakes, I know, but its better than locking up the whole damn country)

People say the curfew only effects limers, but this is not true. Tommorrow there is a show at Queens Hall starting at 6.30 pm. This would have to start at 5pm if curfew times revert back to 9pm, football will have to kick off at 3pm. Its hard enough to get people to reach by 5pm at the moment, with mant supporters arriving at half time of the first double header. And the traffic is murder from 2.30 pm coming out of POS. People going to have to leave work at lunchtime soon.

Whether you support the SOE or not, they must devise an end game, because at the moment the SOE is looking permanent to me.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 28, 2011, 02:44:49 PM »
More police patrols on the highway, regular road blocks stopping motorists, breathalysing and searching vehicles (yes, Bakes, I know, but its better than locking up the whole damn country)

I actually don't have a problem with that... except for the indiscriminate searching part.

1) A significantly higher percentage of motorists are engaged in unlawful behavior (where it concerns the motor vehicle code) than regular citizens are engaged in crime, so that's a valid justification.

2) Driving is a privilege, not a right and that privilege can be circumscribed for justifiable reasons, as long as you're either stopping everybody, or randomly and indiscriminately stopping vehicles.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 30, 2011, 08:48:38 PM »
22 more freed
Charged under Anti Gang Act...

By Innis Francis innis.francis@trinidadexpress.com
Story Created: Sep 29, 2011 at 11:52 PM ECT
Story Updated: Sep 29, 2011 at 11:52 PM ECT
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/22_more_freed-130829353.html

THANKFUL: Adisa Hinkson, one of 22 men freed yesterday, hugs his aunt, Constable Judith St Louis, outside the San Fernando Magistrates' Court. —Photo: TREVOR WATSON

Director of Public Prosecutions Roger Gaspard yesterday pulled the plug on 22 more police cases against men charged under the Anti Gang Act.

Gaspard turned up at the San Fernando First Magistrates' Court, and told Magistrate Rajendra Rambachan that he had perused the files related to the charges against the prisoners, who were arrested shortly after the declaration of the State of Emergency in August.
He said, "there is no sufficient evidential plinth (basis) on which prosecution could be mounted in these matters, I am constrained to indicate to this court".

He said, therefore, "the prosecution offers no evidence in these matters and takes the liberty to discontinue the matters by filing the requisite notices of discontinuance of these matters".
Two weeks ago in the Port of Spain Magistrates Court, Gaspard's intervention also led to 21 alleged members of the "Nelson Street gang" being freed.

He also sent State attorneys twice to the Princes Town Magistrates' Court to inform magistrates that the cases against ten men, charged under the Anti Gang legislation, were dropped.

The lawyers for the prisoners in Princes Town had complained in a letter to Gaspard that police prosecutors dealing with the gang cases had allegedly consulted with lawyers hired by Attorney General Anand Ramlogan, and not with lawyers working with the DPP's Office.
Yesterday's decision by Gaspard was greeted with celebration by the 22 men, who were locked away in the basement cell block section of the courthouse during the hearing.

The men learnt of their freedom from a prisoner who was in the courtroom at the time of Gaspard's announcement.
Fifteen prisoners were freed last night. Seven still face other charges, and were returned to prison.

Attorney Subhas Panday, who represented several of the alleged gang members, said during the court hearing that the Anti-Gang legislation did not define whether the DPP had to be consulted before charges were laid.

Panday, a former minister in the National Security Ministry, said that police officers had charged some people and then attempted to find evidence to prove they were gang members.
Attorney Keith Beckles, who represented one of the alleged gang members, thanked the office of the DPP "for being fearless and independent".
The Police Service Public Information Officer ASP Joanne Archie said on Wednesday that of the 449 people arrested under the Anti-Gang legislation, some 121 were released without charge.

Of the 236 charged, yesterday's intervention by Gaspard means that 53 men charged under the Anti Gang Act have now walked free.
The State is also expected to make an announcement in the Couva Magistrates Court today, in a case involving a man charged with being a gang member.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 30, 2011, 08:49:46 PM »
Lawsuits against State imminent
By Innis Francis
Story Created: Sep 29, 2011 at 11:52 PM ECT
Story Updated: Sep 29, 2011 at 11:52 PM ECT
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Lawsuits_against_State_imminent-130829348.html

Several of the men freed yesterday said they were held in oppressive conditions at the infamous "Guantanamo Bay" of the remand section of Golden Grove Prison for more than a month.

Several said they planned to file lawsuits against the State seeking compensation.

Twenty two men were freed on gang charges in the San Fernando Magistrates' Court yesterday after Director of Public Prosecutions Roger Gaspard said there was insufficient evidence to prosecute them.

Thirty-one other men were freed on similar grounds in recent weeks.

Kwasi Kallah, 28, who was arrested shortly after the declaration of the State of Emergency on August 21, said he had been in custody, with no chance of getting bail, for 34 days.

"The Government don't know what they doing. They put we in cell blocks with real criminals, and that frustrating. It smelling inside there. But I remained humble."

Kallah said he would be wasting no time in taking legal action.

"I was poor when they arrest me, and I will be rich after this."

Kallah, and his brother, who was also freed on gang-related charges, were advised by their lawyer Subhas Panday to leave the city, because "police know the law now. They will look for evidence to come at allyuh".

Ken Gresham, who was also released yesterday, shouted "freedom at last!" as he left the cell block, to be greeted by relatives.
Attorney Frank Seepersad, who defended several of the men, said one of his clients was still in custody, charged with being a gang member, because police had not sent the file to the Office of the DPP.

Gaspard urged police investigators to expedite the paperwork so that he could review the cases.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 30, 2011, 09:28:29 PM »
22 more freed
Charged under Anti Gang Act...

The lawyers for the prisoners in Princes Town had complained in a letter to Gaspard that police prosecutors dealing with the gang cases had allegedly consulted with lawyers hired by Attorney General Anand Ramlogan, and not with lawyers working with the DPP's Office.

This is the problem that has been brewing ever since the PP got into power... and I sure if they could, they would have removed Gaspard... in fact, I seem to remember them trying.  For all his bluster, Anand has no say in criminal prosecutions... the AG is the government's lawyer, their advisor.  He is not a prosecutor, that is the role of the DPP, who is also a lawyer.  He's the equivalent of a District Attorney here in the US... or really... DPP is like the Attorney General (Eric Holder) whereas in TnT the AG is more like the Solicitor General (Eleanor Kagan old role).  So for police to be consulting with lawyers or anybody from the AG's office is foolishness and a waste of time... say nothing of improper. 

As for this Anti-Gang law... it will eventually get to the point where the DPP will stop prosecuting under it because it will be a waste of time and resources... no matter how the Parliamentary law reads, at the end of the day you still need evidence to present in court. 

All that aside... "the prosecution offers no evidence in these matters and takes the liberty to discontinue the matters by filing the requisite notices of discontinuance of these matters".  Why Gaspard using 100 words to say something he could sum up in 10? "Your Honor, the State will not be proceeding on these matters for lack of evidence"... or something so?  Another by-product of the English system.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: September 30, 2011, 10:09:44 PM »
"All that aside... "the prosecution offers no evidence in these matters and takes the liberty to discontinue the matters by filing the requisite notices of discontinuance of these matters".  Why Gaspard using 100 words to say something he could sum up in 10? "Your Honor, the State will not be proceeding on these matters for lack of evidence"... or something so?  Another by-product of the English system."

Maybe he gets paid by the word? LOL

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 30, 2011, 10:42:16 PM »
"All that aside... "the prosecution offers no evidence in these matters and takes the liberty to discontinue the matters by filing the requisite notices of discontinuance of these matters".  Why Gaspard using 100 words to say something he could sum up in 10? "Your Honor, the State will not be proceeding on these matters for lack of evidence"... or something so?  Another by-product of the English system."

Maybe he gets paid by the word? LOL

Or keeping up appearances... lawyer is big wuk y'know ;)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: October 01, 2011, 05:28:47 AM »
This is the problem that has been brewing ever since the PP got into power... and I sure if they could, they would have removed Gaspard... in fact, I seem to remember them trying. 

Bakes, that very thought crossed my mind.  I meant to enquire as to whether or not they could use their majority to amend the constitution to achieve something like that.  I eh goh put it past the AG and these jokers with their agendas to try it.  Call me uuuuummm paranoid I guess but this PP UNC-led government has been doing some things since coming into make yuh think that they are quite capable of pulling such a stunt........
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #1014 on: October 01, 2011, 06:23:54 AM »
A clothing store is having a massive 'SoE' sale.I'm not being facetious they're really calling it that . At this point everybody knows its just bullshit.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #1015 on: October 01, 2011, 06:28:16 AM »
I said in another thread that the Nelson St releases were not isolated incidents but cases were being thrown out regularly. If 100 of those guys get convicted I will celebrate with the police.   

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: October 01, 2011, 07:22:59 AM »
I tired of KAMLA FOOLISH CURFEW I ready for some Royal Castle

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: October 01, 2011, 08:20:37 AM »

My God.....you are desperate Weary!!! Yuh not a Japs gyal? (Mind you, is it Royal Castle or Churches that do the McDonald style apple pies?)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: October 01, 2011, 08:18:57 PM »

Ah know yuh playing on words, but I leaving town tonight and feel like passing for some Haagen Daaz in Maraval only to remember dem closing 9 pm.....and I leaving town 9:15.....schuppsss!!!!
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: October 02, 2011, 12:27:19 AM »
A clothing store is having a massive 'SoE' sale.I'm not being facetious they're really calling it that . At this point everybody knows its just bullshit.

marios has a 'state of urgency' special as well

1]; } ?>