March 28, 2024, 03:28:22 PM

Author Topic: Limited State of Emergency....  (Read 160276 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Limited State of Emergency....
« Reply #1110 on: October 10, 2011, 08:41:30 AM »
Penny on I95 now talkin bout d Bill and her client
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: October 10, 2011, 08:54:45 AM »
I really admire Quow's humility and maturity at this incident. I sincerely hope he is innocent. Its shocking that W.Connection didn't unify football to contest this imprisonment. If FPATT had been in existence, this would have been a global story. Every ProLeague game should have had an organised protest. People in this country really have to unite behind causes.

With regard to the UWI propaganda story, this should immediately be investigated by the secret service (I'm not sure which name they use on a monday!) This is an immoral use of taxpayers services and peoples heads must roll. The manipulation of GISL is offensive. Yes, its the govt channel, but in a democracy it must not be used to gain political capital. This is all very 1984 and, again, the people should demand answers.

If you read a story about an African nation controlling the news, enlisting popular music artists, forming secret propoganda groups, denying basic human rights, having the power to arrest without evidence or warrant, prevention of public meetings and imposing a national curfew, you would believe it was an Idi Amin style communist dictatorship.

T&T is no longer a bastion of democracy and freedom. Colonial style government is returning to these islands. A cynic may even say "We threw out the whites, only to be ruled by the Indians"

As you may be able to deduce, I, as yet, have not been approached to work for tntgoodblogs, but if you're reading this, can I just say that Kamla is doing a wonderful job and I can't believe how happy everyone is T&T is at the moment now that crime is eradicated. Good job P.P.  :bs:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #1112 on: October 10, 2011, 08:56:32 AM »
Wow!!  :o

Jah Gol, how much de PP paying yuh boy?? lol
I'm a volunteer.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: October 10, 2011, 11:22:48 AM »
People in this country really have to unite behind causes.

Unite behind causes??!!   :o  FS, you not here long enough apparently......you want me to pull back the responses to the initial post when this footballer got locked up?? 
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: October 10, 2011, 12:50:10 PM »
Look at what happen to  Quow, yet the jackass  attorney general seems to be warning people about suing the authorities   ::)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: October 10, 2011, 01:59:55 PM »
Are UWI students paid to post pro-Govt comments?
'Campus Chronicle' investigates...

Trinidad Express
By Faine Richards faine@mycampuschronicle.com
Story Created: Oct 9, 2011 at 9:49 PM ECT
Story Updated: Oct 9, 2011 at 9:49 PM ECT

An organisation purporting to work for the People's Partnership is allegedly paying university students to inundate newspaper websites and Internet chat forums with pro-government sentiment.

A Campus Chronicle investigation found that the organisation—known only as 'tntgoodblogs'—hires students to post reader comments below news stories on the Trinidad Express, Trinidad Guardian and Newsday websites in praise of Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar and her government.

University students recruited for the covert propaganda campaign who spoke to the Campus Chronicle on condition of anonymity, said students are also paid to author comments or 'blogs' that attack the Opposition and counter anti-government opinions expressed by other bloggers.

In addition to receiving monetary payment, student bloggers are also promised a free BlackBerry with unlimited Internet access to allow them to frequently post comments online during classes.

Minister of Foreign Affairs and Communications, Dr Suruj Rambachan, told the Campus Chronicle he was unaware that any such operation exists.

The "bloggers project" targets students at the University of the West Indies (UWI) through a series of flyers posted on notice boards across the St Augustine campus.

The flyers invite resumes from students who are "intelligent, patriotic and enjoy sharing (their) views" and who seek to "have a sense of power associated with the changing of minds (Paradigm Shift)".

"I expected being able to talk about my own opinions on current affairs, that was my first impression of it," said a female UWI student who applied for the project. "But it was totally different.

"Instead of what the flyer said about you giving your opinion, it was pretty much that they would tell you what to say," she revealed.

Neither the name of the employer nor contact information for anyone overseeing the project is disclosed on the flyer. Interested students are simply told to send an email to tntgoodblogs@hotmail.com.
In response, applicants receive a phone call from a woman who only identifies herself as Marsha.
A female UWI student said Marsha told her, "We're going to sway the ideas of the public by speaking positively about what's going on."

That objective was reiterated in detailed email instructions specifying the frequency and content of the blogs students would be paid to post online.

In addition to blogging on all three newspaper websites, the email correspondence obtained by the Campus Chronicle directed students to write in support of the People's Partnership on certain Yahoo chat groups. Two of the more popular Yahoo groups targeted by the blogging operation are 'theunitedvoice' and 'Caribbean Talk'. Both forums are devoted to discussions on politics, news and current affairs.

In one of the documents attached to the email, an unnamed author explained, "Organisations contract 'tntgoodblogs' to promote their image products. We are compensated when we provide intelligent, positive and persuasive blogs for the contracted organisations."

But three UWI students who applied for the job told the Campus Chronicle that Marsha was more explicit during telephone conversations.

"She stated the People's Partnership had hired them," one girl recalled.

When contacted by the Campus Chronicle about the bloggers project, Minister Rambachan said, "I really don't know anything about this, you're the first to bring this to my attention. I have to investigate it and see if I can get to the bottom of it."

Asked whether he was concerned that tntgoodblogs claims to be doing work for the People's Partnership, Minister Rambachan said, "There's nothing to say until I investigate it."

In an email dated July 26 and sent to a batch of ten students who applied to the bloggers project, the anonymous author directed bloggers to flood newspaper websites and chat groups with support for the resignation of then Minister of Works and Transport and FIFA Vice President Jack Warner, from the international football body.

But the students were also mandated to cast doubt on whether Minister Warner should retain his Cabinet post.

"QUERY HIS CURRENT POLITICAL STANDING," the email urged student recruits. "QUESTION HIS REMAINING IN POLITICS. (GO ANTI PEOPLE'S PARTY FOR HIM. Jack is yet to clarify the issues to the people.) His integrity is questionable, especially as the person who has much access to our resources.
"Call me for clarification if needed," the email's author added.

The students who spoke to the Campus Chronicle said that directive triggered concerns which ultimately led to their decision not to work for the bloggers project.

One student recalled, "I sat and thought about it and said, 'I don't know if I want to get involved in this.' So I decided not to, it sounded scary."

"From that point, I was like, 'something in this not right,'" said another student.

The email also instructed students to blog in favour of Minister of Health Dr Fuad Khan deciding to cease his private medical practice.

Amid concerns about a conflict of interest after it was discovered that the Minister continued to see patients while managing the nation's health system, the paid bloggers were ordered to focus attention on Minister Khan's choice to give up his private urology practice instead of his Cabinet post.

"He was called to serve in the Cabinet at short notice and accepted the call because of the crisis that exists within the health sector," the email guided students to write of the Health Minister.
Instructions in a subsequent email said, "So we should applaud him for choosing country over a self...a couple hundred sick who are in need."

Tntgoodblogs recommended that students use facts and quotations to substantiate their arguments. "Doesn't this sound like the approach for a University assignment?" the email's author remarked.
The Opposition is deliberately targeted by the bloggers project, with students being instructed to dispute statements made by other bloggers who support the People's National Movement.

"I AM GIVING YOU THE CHANCE TO BATTLE HEAD ON WITH THE OPPOSITION BLOGGERS!" an email from tntgoodblogs dated August 2 told student bloggers. "YES, YOU CHOOSE OPPOSITION BLOGGERS AND TARGET THEIR BLOGS AND HIT THEM ONE FOR ONE. NO MERCY. START ARGUMENTS, BE BOLD AND STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN!!!"

One of the students who withdrew from the propaganda campaign said she had concerns about trying to obstruct the free expression of opinion.

"If you look at some of the counter blogs (that paid student bloggers post), they are really insulting to people," she told the Campus Chronicle. "For you to dissuade me from giving my opinion because you are supporting it and getting paid for it, it's not fair.

"I just think it's wrong, immoral. It's just unethical," she said.

Students who submitted neutral blogs were chastised by Marsha.

"She said if I had an issue before I could have come out and tell her but then in the same breath she contradicted herself," one student recalled, "and said how I am a rookie and I am on (a one-week) trial and I don't have a say… she gives me something to write, I have to write on it."

The underground blogging operation strictly prohibits its student bloggers from using their real names. Instead, bloggers are required to present the orchestrated comments under the guise of multiple aliases or screen names.

To create a significant pro-government presence on newspaper websites and chat forums, every student blogger is required to submit a minimum of five comments daily.

Should student bloggers pass a one-week trial period, the anonymous author of the email promised to give them "a free BlackBerry and free Internet access" to help them blog throughout the day from any location.
A female UWI student recalled discussing payment with Marsha over the phone.

"The first week would be $300, if she kept us on, and we were getting a BlackBerry with unlimited Internet and she said she ran the numbers…and I would make $3000- $4000 a month."

:thinking: I've seen this playbook before ... albeit better perfected but curiously similar. Imagine how the off-campus version functions.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: October 13, 2011, 03:55:55 PM »
Millions worth of marijuana destroyed in Biche
Thursday 13th October, 2011

Police have again destroyed millions of dollars worth of marijuana in an eradication exercise in the Biche forest.

Officers of the Eastern Division and the Organised Crime Narcotics and Firearms Bureau (OCNFB) conducted the exercise on Wednesday October 12th.

They destroyed 90,000 marijuana trees and 6,000 seedlings in the Biche Forest - all with a street value of $19 million.

Police said the land space used to grow the marijuana occupied almost seven plots of land. No arrests were made.

In a separate exercise, officers in the North Eastern Division arrested and charged a man from Maraj Street, El Socorro after he was found with 150 grammes of cocaine in his possession. The value of the illegal substance was put at $60,000.

http://www.ctntworld.com/LocalArticles.aspx?id=33232
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: October 13, 2011, 04:42:42 PM »
alyuh see smoke in the forest? they show the army truck with the  weed. Did they show them burning it in Chag. encinerator?

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: October 13, 2011, 06:09:25 PM »
November 6th or December 9th.......seeing conflicting dates in the papers

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: October 14, 2011, 05:00:47 AM »
November 6th or December 9th.......seeing conflicting dates in the papers

Yeah it confusing me too.....when I hear people say November I think they are counting from the original start in August.  The December date is counted from the after the initial 15 days.....

Whenever the end is (and it better be before Carnival), this is turning out to be one big joke and a pack ah   :bs: :bs:.....but what the hell do I know....... ::)  ::)
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: October 14, 2011, 10:22:51 AM »
yeah whatever good they could of done with it has turned into fowlf**kery since all the cases doh have evidence..........let me go see if any of the government websites have an accurate date  :rotfl:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: October 15, 2011, 06:14:11 PM »
Grace under pressure
By Marlon Miller

SEVEN weeks into the State of Emergency and most people have got accustomed to the regulated hours of the curfew.  Limers who used to leave the pavement on Ariapita Avenue at minutes to 11 are now setting out for home at 10.15. But you know they're still stopping at the last open watering hole on the Avenue for a night cap.

Others who are getting on in age and soon to hit 50 years old say they don't mind the restrictions.

"You get to bed early and wake up fresh in the morning."

Another who has had his share of run-ins with the law over the years and now seems to be a respectable citizen says they should leave the State of Emergency for a year to make sure it really serves its purpose.

What, you mad?! You don't know that other people are already thinking about Carnival and getting a bit worried.  In the meantime, the poor PNM had its request to hold a public meeting turned down. And for the first time in a while people will listen to what Keith Rowley has to say and not study Colm Imbert's school- boy behaviour in the Parliament on Budget Day.

But back to things of more importance, like Carnival.  You think if Kamla Persad-Bissessar wants to win another general election she is going to leave the SoE until next February, far less Christmas.  One guy said that election would be in 2012 instead of 2015 if the People's Partnership fools around with the people's party.

That fella has already planned that when the curfew is finally lifted, he will leave home just before 11 o'clock to go to a fete and not head back until 4 a.m.

"And I'll be taking my time driving home."

It goes without saying that for the first few nights of the 9 p.m. curfew in the week after August 21, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway had nothing on the Mucurapo Foreshore, or the Churchill-Roosevelt Highway, or any other open stretch of road with a house at the end of it.

And, sadly, there have been unnecessary fatalities since that day when Kamla, John Sandy and Anand Ramlogan put their feet down and said "Enough is enough" with rampant crime.  And even sadder is that innocent lives have been lost in the mad dash to beat the curfew.

What about those who had to spend a few weeks inside the state prisons in detention—which is what House Speaker Wade Mark should have given Imbert—when the only thing some of these detainees did wrong was reside in a certain area, like the young footballer from Beetham Gardens.

An inspiration to the youth in the neighbourhood, Keon Quow is thankfully still smiling and, hopefully, not too scarred by the whole scary experience of being arrested and detained at Golden Grove.

And, now, the entire State of Emergency exercise is mostly reduced to destroying marijuana plantations.

As another friend exclaimed: "I never see a weed plant shoot anybody!"

But that's another story.

And you think about the major consignment from Jamaica discovered in a container at Point Lisas. As another acquaintance—who likes to keep the Letters Editor busy—enquired, how come our law-enforcement officers didn't let the shipment of "chicken" be delivered and see what transpired.

Who knows, they might have hooked a big fish to throw among all the sardines scattered in jails throughout Trinidad and Tobago.

But not enough to stop all murders, rapes and other capital crimes, committed now even under curfew.

Sure, there has been a reduction in all of the above, but how many of T&T's small percentage of hardened criminals are still out there, waiting to pounce, undetected and slink back into the night.

In the interim, everyone who claims to be law-abiding has to manoeuvre around the hours under lockdown and keep himself or herself entertained.

Near the end of last month, one young wife looked out her window and saw a few vanloads of her husband's friends arriving at her house just before 11 p.m., so you know they had nowhere to go for the next five hours at least.

"And they were all drunk...and hungry," she recalled, not sounding too upset by the whole scenario.

Another bunch who likes to play cards planned to have a poker game at someone's house between the curfew hours, but then the host and hostess thought about what would happen if they were losing and had nowhere to go but listen to the loud mouth of one rather boisterous player who usually strikes it lucky.

So they changed it to an afternoon session and fried a turkey and, there were so many cooks giving advice, they under-cooked the rather large bird and the designated chefs had to wire it together with the skill of old Carnival costume-makers like Cito Velazquez or Harold Saldenha to put it back into the fryer. And someone joked that they might get the turkey in time for Thanksgiving.

It finally was ready for serving just before 10 p.m. and a lovely meal was had by all, capping off a rather enjoyable evening of old talk, picong and plenty laughter.  As it is in most every part of Trinidad and Tobago where adaptable Trinbagonians have displayed grace under pressure, all in the hope of finding a better T&T at the end of the State of Emergency.

Those in charge had better get it done before Christmas, though.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/commentaries/Grace_under_pressure-131905443.html
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: October 15, 2011, 06:17:29 PM »
Time to break out the Moet.....SEVEN, ah whole SEVEN going on trial....Anand must be wet.... ::) ::)  steups!!  jokers....

DPP gives okay: 7 for trial on gang charges
By —Akile Simon

SEVEN Sangre Grande men charged with being members of a gang known as the "Deportee Gang" are expected to go on trial at the Sangre Grande Magistrates' Court in the coming weeks.  The men were among 17 alleged gangs leaders and members who reappeared before Sangre Grande First Court Magistrate Anna Ryan yesterday.  Yesterday was the first time that Director of Public Prosecutions Roger Gaspard decided he will proceed with gang-related charges.

Shawn "Fat Shawn" Homer, 33, is charged with being the leader and a member of the Deportee Gang at McShine Street, Sangre Grande, while Anand Mohepath, 27; Alvin Fitzpatrick, 30; Kadeem "Bully" Romero, 22; brothers Carlos and Marlon Gonzales, ages 31 and 29; including Shawn "X-Man" Sandy, 36, a United States of America deportee, were charged with being alleged members of the same gang.

The charges were laid by Cpl Junior Bernard.

The accused were expecting to be set free yesterday, but all left the courtroom disappointed after Senior State attorney George Busby indicated that Gaspard is interested in pursuing the matters against the men.  Busby said Gaspard has reviewed the file against the alleged members of the Deportee Gang and is of the view that there is sufficient evidence to prosecute the men. He asked for an adjournment to prepare, so a date could be set for trial in the matters.

Cuthbert "Lay Lay" Lee, of San Souci, Toco, who was charged by officers of the Organised Crime, Narcotics and Firearms Bureau, under the Anti-Gang legislation, was the only person who was freed yesterday.

Busby told Magistrate Ryan that Gaspard has stated there is insufficient evidence to pursue the charge against Lee, and the case against the accused should be discontinued.  There was jubilation outside the courtroom among relatives of Lee as he walked out a free man but sad faces on the scores of relatives of the other men who were taken back to the holding cells at the Sangre Grande Police Station under heavy police guard.

Also before the court on gang-related charges are members of the alleged G-Unit, Blue Pitt gang and an unnamed gang from Toco.  Lloyd "LJ" Solomon, 29, is charged with being the leader and a member of the G-Unit, Blue Pitt gang in Wallenville, Sangre Grande, while Ashton "Lappe" Beckles, 24; Victor "Doolie" Trim, 26; and David "Peel" Moore, 25, all of Wallenville Road, were all charged with being members of the same gang.

Trevor "Foxy" King, 36, was charged with being the leader and member of an unnamed gang in Cumana Village, Toco, while Karrel Parvy, 30, and brothers Ron and Reno Sampson, both age 30, were charged with being alleged members of the same gang.

Busby said Gaspard was waiting on further information from the police before he decides on whether he will proceed with the charges against the accused who were charged by PC Verson Jeanville and Cpl Bernard.

He said this information is expected to be made available by next week and asked that the matters against the alleged members of both gangs be adjourned to next Friday.  Despite objections by attorneys representing some of the accused, Magistrate Ryan adjourned the matters to next Friday.

The total number of people set free now stands at 133 after Gaspard gave the directive to discontinue the matters as there was insufficient evidence against the accused to mount a successful prosecution.

Since the proclamation of the Act on August 15, 236 people have been charged with being gang members and leaders. 

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/DPP_gives_okay__7_for_trial_on_gang_charges-131903843.html
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: October 15, 2011, 06:27:15 PM »
Millions worth of marijuana destroyed in Biche
Thursday 13th October, 2011

Police have again destroyed millions of dollars worth of marijuana in an eradication exercise in the Biche forest.

Officers of the Eastern Division and the Organised Crime Narcotics and Firearms Bureau (OCNFB) conducted the exercise on Wednesday October 12th.

They destroyed 90,000 marijuana trees and 6,000 seedlings in the Biche Forest - all with a street value of $19 million.

Police said the land space used to grow the marijuana occupied almost seven plots of land. No arrests were made.

In a separate exercise, officers in the North Eastern Division arrested and charged a man from Maraj Street, El Socorro after he was found with 150 grammes of cocaine in his possession. The value of the illegal substance was put at $60,000.

http://www.ctntworld.com/LocalArticles.aspx?id=33232

Somebody clean out the weed well fast but somebody letting the cocaine pass!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SYqLeYJoaBc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SYqLeYJoaBc</a>
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 06:33:55 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #1124 on: October 16, 2011, 07:04:03 AM »
I'm watching all these trees being burnt and trying not to be negative but I have to ask the question. If supply of a product is limited and demand remains constant wouldn't that up the price of existing stock. Given that this product is an illicit drug doesn't that serve as an incentive for more fierce defense of markets (blocks).

That is one of the things I always wonder about in the drug trade. It's almost as if legitimate police work which might net a part of total supply has the effect of driving up prices and adding value to some of the main stakeholders in the trade.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: October 16, 2011, 08:03:58 AM »
I'm watching all these trees being burnt and trying not to be negative but I have to ask the question. If supply of a product is limited and demand remains constant wouldn't that up the price of existing stock.

Yes the street value of weed has risen. But i forget the price it going for now. By now im sure it has sky rocketed
Youtube Channel

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: October 16, 2011, 08:09:01 AM »
I'm watching all these trees being burnt and trying not to be negative but I have to ask the question. If supply of a product is limited and demand remains constant wouldn't that up the price of existing stock.

Yes the street value of weed has risen. But i forget the price it going for now. By now im sure it has sky rocketed

Its simple economics. Which is my concern about all this. We treating symptoms of the problem..and even then not all. If we allowing drugs, guns etc to enter freely, the higher payout just provides more incentive for men to participate. It cant just be search and destroy...that only deals with part of the issue.

Hopefully I wrong and more is being done.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: October 16, 2011, 08:15:27 AM »

uuuummmm D.H.W......hhhhhhhmmmm...... :thinking: :-\ ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: October 16, 2011, 09:47:07 AM »

:rotfl:  slip ah de tongue?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: October 16, 2011, 10:04:56 AM »

Its simple economics. Which is my concern about all this. We treating symptoms of the problem..and even then not all. If we allowing drugs, guns etc to enter freely, the higher payout just provides more incentive for men to participate. It cant just be search and destroy...that only deals with part of the issue.

Hopefully I wrong and more is being done.

Again, this is the problem. Cut off an arm and another grows. Until they find the head and the heart, this animal will flourish. In fact, as noted, its now more profitable than ever as demand outstripping supply. This then has the effect of people not before involved in the trade, seeing big profit opportunities and entering the game. Search and destroy is fine, as long as its twinned with anti drug education programmes and rehab programmes. As usual, the govt just want headlines and soundbites not long term soloutions.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: October 16, 2011, 12:31:23 PM »
I'm watching all these trees being burnt and trying not to be negative but I have to ask the question. If supply of a product is limited and demand remains constant wouldn't that up the price of existing stock. Given that this product is an illicit drug doesn't that serve as an incentive for more fierce defense of markets (blocks).

That is one of the things I always wonder about in the drug trade. It's almost as if legitimate police work which might net a part of total supply has the effect of driving up prices and adding value to some of the main stakeholders in the trade.

Personally I'm not too concerned about the price of weed rising... the higher price will result in either reduced consumption or reduced profit.  Unlike narcotics weed isn't that addictive that users would be willing to pay whatever the asking price... so I'm all for reducing the supply.  I still want to hear what's going on with coke though.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 06:40:50 PM by Bakes »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: October 16, 2011, 04:37:57 PM »

Personally I'm not too concerned about the price of weed rising... the higher price will result in either reduced consumption or reduced value.  Unlike narcotics weed isn't that addictive that users would be willing to pay whatever the asking price... so I'm all for reducing the supply. I still want to hear what's going on with coke though.

Somebody clean out the weed well fast but somebody letting the cocaine pass!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SYqLeYJoaBc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SYqLeYJoaBc</a>
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: October 16, 2011, 06:30:22 PM »

:rotfl:  slip ah de tongue?

iz a state of d heart  :rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: October 16, 2011, 07:34:58 PM »

NO NO , I heard it on news  :) (to be more specific the daily SOE roundup).  :devil: I doh smoke the herbs  :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #1134 on: October 16, 2011, 07:59:17 PM »
I didn't read the whole thread, so I'm not sure if this question was answered. But when is the official date for the end of this SOE. Providing it's not extended again that is!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: October 16, 2011, 10:00:50 PM »
I didn't read the whole thread, so I'm not sure if this question was answered. But when is the official date for the end of this SOE. Providing it's not extended again that is!

5 Dec I blieve. 2 extend they need d support of d opposition so unless d break it and then pass another 1 which very possible as SOE is now a crime fighting strategy.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: October 17, 2011, 07:29:41 AM »

NO NO , I heard it on news  :) (to be more specific the daily SOE roundup).  :devil: I doh smoke the herbs  :devil:

:whew:   ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: October 17, 2011, 08:15:28 AM »
Question: when our history is written, who will be deemed the intellectual author of the SOE?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: October 17, 2011, 09:45:44 AM »
Question: when our history is written, who will be deemed the intellectual author of the SOE?

Probably the AG, in which case we should rebrand the SOE as the SOD from now which is an abbreviation for a State Of Dotishness!   >:(

truetrini

« Reply #1139 on: October 17, 2011, 02:34:47 PM »
The police in T&T real shitty.  I bet plenty ah dem men they arrested are guilty as charged, jes them so f**king sloppy dat dey do shit half way.  Them police is real tears.  It look like only Sgt Alexander and he ten men doing any real wuk in T&T!

1]; } ?>