April 29, 2024, 11:38:48 AM

Author Topic: Limited State of Emergency....  (Read 162754 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Limited State of Emergency....
« Reply #1260 on: November 11, 2011, 04:02:31 PM »
I fed up arguing dis shit who like d smell ah dey head planted in dey ass let dem be.............
I pity the fool....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: November 11, 2011, 04:37:40 PM »

Proceed..

I personally was disappointed with several aspects to do with how the SoE was implemented and executed and alot of things could have been done better.

You coulda save yuh self the disappointment but yuh harden....

I'm especially disappointed that proper due diligence wasn't done before going after known criminals, leaving the legal loopholes open for them to be released. I expected to see bigger weapons and ammunition hauls and more decisive blows to criminals.

Me too.....so clearly this thing wasn't properly planned out right??  So you call big SOE and thing....this is we last stand and you screw up so big time??!!  Nah.  Unacceptable!!!

Also, i don't discount the obvious political motivation behind the exercise, namely the stifling of the union movement. I can't tell allyuh when last I hear the term "5%".

I have a crazy theory but its so crazy it just cyar work.....

My opinion is that they decided to call the SoE at first as a matter of urgency, but then they realize after the fact what could be accomplished across the board with it (politically too), and kinda make up the whole thing as they went along.

So dem kinda making up things as they go along under a frigging SOE and people must be cool with that??  Nah man Dinho.  This is an SOE yuh know pardna.  Ah know de average Trinibagonian really don't care much about civil rights and dem thing as long as dey could fete and de business people like Joe Pires doh care as long as dey making dey money.....but dem curtail my rights and den making it up as they go along??!!  Nah man......in a real country the outrage would have been palpable....but here in green fig Republic man just glad to revive Superblue song.....he make real royalties Tuesday gone..... ::)

Nevertheless, I commend them for taking bold, drastic action and like allyuh say "trying something". And everyone who clamoring that an SoE was not needed i see as being disingenious.

Once the SOE got under way and I realised that they police was doing the same thing they were always doing, then I started to wonder why we needed an SOE.  I am still confused.  You know that the Min of National Security eh arrest or hold anyone under the powers given to him via the SOE??  Why is that??  Where is this threat to the state that triggered the Emergency??  Why was no one held for instigating the emergency??  Because the government could dress it up all dey want as a crime fighting tool, an SOE connotates a direct threat to the state and its institutions....so where is this threat??

All the suggestions being offered as alternatives to the SoE, like putting more police on the streets or stepping up patrols or issuing directives simply "getting police to do their jobs", is the same alternatives that were being parrotted for how much years. Allyuh make it sound so easy to change a deep rooted cultural mindset.. The fact is, all of those alternatives COULD NOT be effected without some sort of intervention.

And this deep rooted mind set is going to be changed in 3 months??  Alright, so we had the intervention.  What is the plan post SOE??  Have you heard anything as yet??  I haven't.  Maybe it has been said but I've tuned out this government for a few weeks now so maybe I missed it.  So if you know do tell.   And please doh tell mih nutten about no $300 million for people in hot spots....that is a whole other kettle of fish!!!.... ::)

Getting the criminal element in Trinidad to respect the power of our security forces, garnering intelligence and letting criminals know that they are being monitored and "shaking shit up" so to speak, COULD NOT be effected without some sort of intervention.

Getting the society on the whole to have respect for the law again and understand that we are not living in a lawless society, COULD NOT be effected without some sort of intervention.

Again, how has this SOE accomplished any of these things??   :-\  Again, what is plan B?? 

So if 6 months to a year down the road, I see that the level of crime, murders and state of society reverts to its pre-SoE state i will say that it was a failed exercise. And I will feel real hopeless too, because it will be like nothing we do could help we.

At the start of this you said you would wait and see.  Did you mean wait and see the immediate outcome, which was abject failure IMO, or wait and see 6 months - 1 year??  The longer term is yet to be seen for sure, but ah have a feeling I already know the outcome.....

If however I see some kinda lasting effects, an overall reduction in crime and a positive societal change  Dinho, I am sure even the staunch PNMites among us want this too and don't want the government to fail on that front.  In fact, it was why some people voted them in.  THEY said they had all the solutions for crime.    All kinda plan and strategy but all we getting is a setta propaganda and a badly executed SOE, dais why I am partly vex too.....

then i'm not sure how people can discount the success of the SoE.

Like you said, let we wait and see.....

« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 04:41:48 PM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: November 11, 2011, 05:14:11 PM »

You on the other hand being a self professed staunch PNM seem wholly incapable of having any such parameters or measurements of success/failure.

Dinho, before I address anything else you find ah post where I professed to be a staunch PNM supporter........Ah think you getting tie up with my posts where I am being sarcastic having already being "labelled" PNM by forumites simply because I choose not to accept the crap parading for governance currently.  So if you discard the posts where I'm being sarcastic about being PNM, you find one thread or post where I have stated in no uncertain terms that I am a PNM supporter....... 

Just one....

Doh try dat doh pretend that me and u eh d biggest PNM supporters on this site. Doh 4get yuh was meh maid of honour when I marry Patrick. 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

truetrini

« Reply #1263 on: November 11, 2011, 06:56:39 PM »
Riddle me this...Why did the Leader of Government Business in the House say just the day before the Soe That there was absolutely no reason for a SoE..and then the next day..SoE in allyuh pweffen....just think about that.

The man was labeled the heir apparent and he and all did not know it was in de making the very day before it was implemented.

Steups..Bold?  Nah  drastic...nah..Desperate to stifle civil disobedience?  YES!

How you know he didn't know.

How you know he wasn't playing dead to ketch corbeaux alive? (Even though dey end up leggoing plenty corbeaux)

How could he have made any difference if he had said:  yes a SoE was needed.

The man clearly stated that there was no need ofr one...steups..nonsense!

They decided at the last minute...or maybe it was to prevent making 1990 look like a joke ent?  Remember that Sandy saying de threat still remains eh?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: November 11, 2011, 07:13:15 PM »

You on the other hand being a self professed staunch PNM seem wholly incapable of having any such parameters or measurements of success/failure.

Dinho, before I address anything else you find ah post where I professed to be a staunch PNM supporter........Ah think you getting tie up with my posts where I am being sarcastic having already being "labelled" PNM by forumites simply because I choose not to accept the crap parading for governance currently.  So if you discard the posts where I'm being sarcastic about being PNM, you find one thread or post where I have stated in no uncertain terms that I am a PNM supporter....... 

Just one....

Doh try dat doh pretend that me and u eh d biggest PNM supporters on this site. Doh 4get yuh was meh maid of honour when I marry Patrick. 

Lawd fadder, just ah dis-spell the myth...... ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: November 11, 2011, 08:51:49 PM »

Just one....

Yuh want meh 2 post d pics wit we baliser flowers in we hand ah what.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: November 13, 2011, 06:59:44 AM »

Just one....

Yuh want meh 2 post d pics wit we baliser flowers in we hand ah what.

nooooooooo Weary stop it yuh just being mischievous......... ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: November 14, 2011, 08:46:16 PM »
http://wintvworld.com/featured.htm

Debate going on Win TV right now, click link!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: November 14, 2011, 09:32:12 PM »
Program on the effect of the SoE on TV6 right now:

http://www.tv6tnt.tv/TV6_Brightcove/default2.html
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: November 18, 2011, 06:06:04 AM »
hhhhhhhhmmmm........well on to Plan B I guess....which is what again??  oh yes, Colour Me Orange...."hands up, out, down"......oooohhhh gaaarrrddd ooooyeee  :rotfl: :rotfl:.....firetrucking jokers!!!..... :banginghead: :cursing: :bs: :frustrated:

Final 7 'gang' accused free
By Akile Simon

SEVEN men-—the remainder of 243 people arrested and charged under the Anti-Gang Act—walked out of the Sangre Grande Magistrates' Court after Director of Public Prosecutions Roger Gaspard offered no evidence against them yesterday.

Shawn "Fat Shawn" Homer, 33, was charged with being the leader and a member of the Deportee Gang, of McShine Street, Sangre Grande, while Anand Mohepath, 27; Alvin Fitzpatrick, 30; Kadeem "Bully" Romero, 22; brothers Carlos and Marlon Gonzales, ages 31 and 29; including Shawn "X-Man" Sandy, 36, were charged with being members of the same gang.

They emerged from the courthouse free men and hugged, kissed and thanked their families and friends for being by their sides throughout their incarceration.

"What they did to us was unjust. After they say they have all this evidence, where the evidence? They lock up and set up innocent people and didn't even have any evidence to do so," Carlos Gonzales said as he drank two bottles of Guinness moments after being freed.

The freed men had initially expected to go to trial before acting Senior Magistrate Ejenny Espinet in the court. On October 15, Gaspard, through Senior State attorney George Busby, indicated he would be pursuing the charges against the seven men.

But yesterday, Busby told Espinet that after a pre-trial discussion was held by Gaspard earlier this week, regarding the case against the men, the DPP decided to discontinue the matters against them.

"...There is now no reasonable prospect of conviction for these men and, therefore, he has indicated that he will be offering no evidence in this matter," Busby said.

The police had arrested 463 people on gang-related charges following the implementation of the State of Emergency on August 21, but only 243 of them were charged with gang offences.

However, DPP Gaspard decided to discontinue the matters against the 243 accused because of a lack of—and in some cases—no evidence against the men, with the final seven being freed in Sangre Grande yesterday.

Over the weekend, Gaspard, speaking at a seminar hosted by the Law Association of Trinidad and Tobago, at the Hugh Wooding Law School in St Augustine, said the Anti-Gang legislation was never needed in order to fight crime.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Final_7__gang__accused_free-134011698.html
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: November 18, 2011, 10:40:11 AM »
I say dey have no plan, now BC saying it too.....well BC boy welcome to the club you is a PNM too!!!....and btw stop nit picking..... ::)  Firetrucking jokers!!!!   :cursing: :bs: :frustrated: :banginghead:

Colour Us Firetrucked
BC Pires

There might be debate as to when exactly the People’s Partnership shuffled off its mortal COP and became the Pretend Partnership, a UNC government in everything but name, but the most rabid UNC supporter would probably concede that, on Tuesday, the UNC stopped pretending to be even the UNC, and simply became the PNM; and not even the “new” PNM but the same-old, same-old PNM, the same shameless, corrupt outfit that, under different guises, has been milking the Treasury since independence; so colour them the New Old PNM and get on with the pappyshow. Of government. On Tuesday, Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar, with even more pomp and ceremony than her immediate predecessor, who was content to fete them at the Crowne Plaza, spent a small fortune to receive Mr Manning’s “community leaders” at the Hilton; and formally promised to hand over bags of cash to people who put on the right colour jersey. The UNC/New-Old PNM’s “new” anti-crime endeavour could properly be called “a scheme” but cannot legitimately be called a “make-work” one; so call it “a make-as-eef-work scheme,” colour the whole programme “the New Cepep-URP” and go down the road.

To perdition. The New Cepep-URP launched on Tuesday was called, I think, “Colour Me American Penitentiary Overalls” and was apparently aimed at the people who, after 50 years of largely uninterrupted PNM (mal-)administrations, have been left with a stark choice between making-as-eef they’re working or making a jail. Newspaper accounts of the event—hosted, ostensibly, by the Housing Development Corporation, but really a Kamla thing—report a large, orange-clad crowd spilling from the lobby onto staircases at the Hilton, all man Jack jostling to sign on with the HDC/ UNC/New-Old PNM “Colour Me Orange” “anti-crime” programme, whose only distinction from Cepep-URP are (1) beneficiaries get a two-weeks instead of a ten-days; and (2) you have to have an orange jersey, not a red one, to collect state money for nothing. If, at the start of the event, you had any doubt about “Colour Me Orange” being anything but the URP with a fresh coat of paint, it was dispelled at the end, when fights broke out and at least one car was damaged as stones flew faster than promises from an election platform. (Please note: I strongly support social safety nets. Without a hand-up from the State, large sectors of our Caribbean populations would be trapped in poverty forever; it’s just that people on the dole should not be fooled into thinking that they’re working, because it annihilates the work ethic; which, sadly, we know all too well in Trinidad, after 40 years of handouts disguised as make-work.)

A couple of UNC “bloggers”—really group e-mail round-robin participants—were honest (and naive enough) to be horrified by the UNC so patently (and so shamefully quickly) doing exactly what they hounded the PNM out of office for doing, but you suspect they’re the usual maverick suspects, the one or two people with a greater commitment to country than party or wallet. Most party people are happy to see them leave: it’s one share more for them when the spoils are divvied up. So there may have been one or two people deeply hurt by what they see as the UNC’s betrayal of the country (by the open cooption of plain Patrick Manning tactics) but they should have known better. In the same way that Carnival has been reduced to a parade of empty-headed winer girls in bikinis, beads and feathers, Parliament has been reduced to a con- glomeration of conmen sweating in ill-fitting suits. No one comes to government with any plan because no one goes to the electorate with one; and the electorate itself votes either on the basis of race or on the need to do something, anything, that might arrest the free-fall.

If there had been any doubt that the UNC/Old People’s Partnership/New-Old PNM had no clue, they removed it boldly when they adopted that worst idea the PNM ever had: the mega-farm. If my father had been alive, it might well have killed him to see the peasant agriculture he had given his whole life to promote being transformed from the best mechanism for creating wealth and transforming farmers into citizens into one more form of minimum wage McJob. Any idea at all about agricultural development—such as giving squatting farmers tenure, or refusing to compensate them for losses due to flooding—would have been better than the most crazy one Mr Manning lifted from the Cubans (where, in any case, mega-farms work completely differently, since private property barely exists there); but the UNC/ New-Old PNM cannot discern that they should invest in privately owned small farms because there is no agricultural policy. And there is no crime policy or plan, because there is no plan at all, just a series of increasingly desperate and more obviously vai-ki-vai voops. Declare a state of emergency, shuffle the curfew hours, walk down the wicket and colour all the sufferers with your jerseys. And, when you find yourself doing exactly what the people who were destroying the place were doing, do exactly what they would do: shoot the messenger and turn up the music. If you find yourself in a jam, turn it into a wine-and-jam. And try to spot the difference between UNC, PNM and obliteration of the nation.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/columnist/2011/11/18/colour-us-firetrucked
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: November 23, 2011, 06:23:13 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kb8MCDEdgD4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Kb8MCDEdgD4</a>
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: November 23, 2011, 07:32:16 PM »
 :rotfl:  :rotfl:

Boy I nearly crash my car over the weekend when I heard that song on the radio.   Hear nah, ah feel next year goh be a good year for Calypso...... ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: November 23, 2011, 09:05:22 PM »
so apparently, the government uncovered a plot to assassinate the Prime Minister  ::)

heard that on the news tonight. didnt get the full story tho. and im not interested
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: November 23, 2011, 09:52:35 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kb8MCDEdgD4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Kb8MCDEdgD4</a>

Great follow-up song to this one from last year!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YkwlB8jeEmA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YkwlB8jeEmA</a>

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1275 on: November 23, 2011, 10:54:29 PM »
I love my facking Prime Minister Kamla.. she have  dem dutty stinking wutless pieces of criminals plotting to kill her now because she did something that The wutless Panday and Balls less dumb ass Manning only dreamt of doing .  Gwan Kamla dey cya hold yu back we taking we facking country back!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh-K5kpPd74

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: November 23, 2011, 11:37:10 PM »
Yuh need to learn how to embed yuh videos War! 8)

I love my facking Prime Minister Kamla.. she have  dem dutty stinking wutless pieces of criminals plotting to kill her now because she did something that The wutless Panday and Balls less dumb ass Manning only dreamt of doing .  Gwan Kamla dey cya hold yu back we taking we facking country back!!!!!!!!!!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vh-K5kpPd74" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Vh-K5kpPd74</a>

war

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: November 24, 2011, 12:03:53 AM »
ANY alleged assination plot HAS to be taken seriously.

Biggest problem is that we seem to suffer with the "Boy Cries Wolf" of late.

And just like in that fable....de SHEEP does be de ones to dead when things really outta hand.

I wonder if this related to Robocop getting arrested again...ent they said they found pics of ministers with X drawn on their faces and ting? ::)
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

truetrini

« Reply #1278 on: November 24, 2011, 04:58:21 AM »
And the sheeple bleating again!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: November 24, 2011, 05:10:59 AM »
so apparently, the government uncovered a plot to assassinate the Prime Minister  ::)

heard that on the news tonight. didnt get the full story tho. and im not interested

Girl, when I heard that last night I just buss one steups and kept going.  Then this morning ah hearing that the story didn't even come from an official source in government.  The media got the story through a good leak around 4 pm and since that time to now, nobody like Sandy for example eh come and say nutten official, no press conference, no press release nutten.....steups!!!  And I'm supposed to take these people seriously??!!.....setta firetrucking jokers!!!  :bs: :cursing: >:(
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: November 24, 2011, 07:43:27 AM »
What all yuh worryin bout. Ent Obama people is she adviser. We now move from colour me orange to code orange. Doh hot all yuh head

truetrini

« Reply #1281 on: November 24, 2011, 08:53:16 AM »
Red herring...smoke herring, salt fish....

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: November 24, 2011, 11:52:30 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/High_Alert-134438523.html
High Alert
Cops arrested as alleged plot uncovered to assassinate Kamla, AG
By Akile Simon

Story Created: Nov 23, 2011 at 11:44 PM ECT

Story Updated: Nov 23, 2011 at 11:44 PM ECT

The National Security Alert has been raised after security forces unearthed an alleged assassination plot against Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar and three senior members of her Cabinet.

Security forces were yesterday placed on high alert after intelligence revealed the assassination plot was expected to be initiated from today.

The Government ministers identified as targets in the alleged plot are National Security Minister Brigadier John Sandy, Attorney General Anand Ramlogan and Foreign Affairs and Information Minister Dr Surujrattan Rambachan.

Police sources said the threat has also extended to certain senior police officers.

National Security adviser Gary Griffith, when contacted yesterday, only confirmed the security of Persad-Bissessar and three members of her Cabinet has been increased. He did not name the ministers.

Griffith, however, refused to divulge any further information regarding the additional security for the State officials. He also refused to confirm or deny the threat against Persad-Bissessar, Ramlogan, Sandy and Rambachan.

Persad-Bissessar and Sandy could not be reached for comment yesterday as calls to their cell phones went unanswered but when contacted, Ramlogan and Rambachan said they had no comment to offer.

Up to late yesterday, more than ten persons were in police custody in connection with the alleged plot. Among them, a police sergeant who was arrested while on duty at the St Clair Police Station. He was taken to the Woodbrook Police Station.

The son of a prominent contractor in Valsayn wass also arrested by police. The suspects are being housed in separate police stations along the East-West Corridor.

A senior Government source said: "This assassination plot, the security forces have stated, is based on the anger of some criminals because of the imposition of the SoE, which was effective. This plot is a well-orchestrted plan to show that the State of Emergency was a dismal failure and an attempt to destabilise the Government."

"The assassination plot on the life of the Prime Minister has raised the National Security Alert state on confirmation of an assassination plot against the PM and three members of her Cabinet.

"Security has been heightened for the Prime Minister and the three ministers. The State is ready and capable of doing what is necessary and has placed all mechanisms in place to dismantle the threat," the source told the Express last evening.

The plot, a senior police said, was hatched by several persons held under the Anti-Gang Legislation while they were in custody at the Golden Grove Prison.

A senior Government minister, who asked not to be named, said, "The police are on high alert about certain matters involving State security. They unearthed an assassination plot against the PM and the AG, who are specific targets, by an extremist fringe group, comprising various discreet elements from criminal underworld gangs and persons suspected to be involved in the international drug and arms trade."

The Government is expected to address the matter later today at the post-Cabinet news briefing.

On Monday, a high-profile security meeting took place at the Police Administration Building in Port of Spain which involved Commissioner of Police Dwayne Gibbs, DCP Mervyn Richardson, other senior police officers and the top brass of the Defence Force.

A massive undercover exercise carried out on Monday night by intelligence agencies resulted in the arrest of Selwyn "Robocop" Alexis. Officers also desperately searched for other persons who have been identified as the assassins in the alleged plot. Many of the suspects, the Express understands, could not be found, and that caused the security alert to be heightened.

Public Information Officer of the Police Service Sgt Wayne Mystar, during yesterday's daily police news briefing, said Alexis remains in police custody, assisting police with enquiries. Mystar refused to say what investigation Alexis was assisting police with.

Alexis, of Freedom Street, Enterprise Village, Chaguanas, was held on Monday at his home and taken to the Belmont Police Station where he remained in custody up to late yesterday. Only two weeks ago, he was released on a murder charge.

Alexis was also detained by officers of the Criminal Intelligence Unit (CIU) while watching television in a multimillion-dollar apartment at One Woodbrook Place, Woodbrook.

During that arrest, which took place on August 30, police claimed they found material which fitted the profile of an assassination attempt against Persad-Bissessar, Ramlogan and Sandy.

But in a recent interview with TV6's Crime Watch talk show host, Ian Alleyne, shortly after being freed on the murder charge, Alexis categorically denied any involvement in a plot to assassinate the senior State officials.

The Defence Force and other security agencies were yesterday placed on high alert, with the Army, Coast Guard and Air Guard ordering all its personnel to report for duty at their various headquarters no later than 11.59 p.m. last night.

There is also going to be a heightened police and army presence in several communities, effective from today, which will involve stop and searches of pedestrians and motor vehicles.

On Tuesday night, DCP Mervyn Richardson, through the Police Command Centre, issued messages to all police stations, special units, branches and sections, advising officers to exercise extreme caution while on duty and pay extra vigilance.

Contacted last evening, Richardson, who whispered on the other line, said he was in a meeting and could not take our call.

I scenting a stronger aroma here......

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: November 24, 2011, 12:00:54 PM »
However if credible.....with SOE powers in effect....de premises upon which resides the masterminds of this plot could be searched and they could be held at least for a while ent?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: November 24, 2011, 12:05:31 PM »

I scenting a stronger aroma here......

Potpourri perhaps?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: November 24, 2011, 02:29:58 PM »
Madame PM holding a press conference now.  Her opening lines make mih steups all over again.  Is ah blasted PR exercise she coming with.  Trying to brainwash we into believing the jackass SOE was warranted and ah have a sneaky feeling they are going to try to use this to extent de jackass SOE........steups!!!  Look let me put on mih "Home for the holidays - The Ultimate Christmas Collection" CD and calm mih self before ah totally lose it..... :bs: :cursing: >:(
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: November 24, 2011, 02:44:21 PM »
"Totally Reckless to disclose what that threat is"

Prime Minister giving Gibbs the statistics on de arrests.

"173 guns siezed.....and I have been told that 1 gun can kill 20 people...so you can do the math..."

« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 02:46:30 PM by Bourbon »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: November 24, 2011, 08:43:22 PM »
"Totally Reckless to disclose what that threat is"

Prime Minister giving Gibbs the statistics on de arrests.

"173 guns siezed.....and I have been told that 1 gun can kill 20 people...so you can do the math..."

Not even near to the amount of people that King Stupid can kill!!

« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 08:45:36 PM by Socapro »

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: November 25, 2011, 10:21:07 PM »
Has anyone seen this episode?? Please share any links that if you have them. Really would like to see this.

Unreported World

Series 2011 | Episode 18 | Trinidad: Guns, Drugs and Secrets

Trinidad has become the murder capital of the Caribbean. While half a million tourists soak up the carnival atmosphere every year, the government has introduced a state of emergency to try to stop the gang violence that results in a murder on average every 17 hours.

At 11pm in the capital Port of Spain the atmosphere changes as a strict curfew comes into force and the normally bustling city becomes a ghost town. Reporter Seyi Rhodes and director Will West are only allowed out because they have obtained a special curfew pass for journalists.

The state of emergency has been in force since August and while the murder rate has halved, the killings are continuing.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/unreported-world/episode-guide/series-2011/episode-18

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: November 25, 2011, 10:58:55 PM »

1]; } ?>